Last Updated on February 14, 2024
“August Is The Border Between Summer And Autumn. It Is The Most Beautiful Month I Know.” – Tove Jansson
As the summer begins to wind down, I can’t help but reflect on the month of August. To me, August has always been a bittersweet month – the end of summer and the start of a new school year or season. But it’s also a month full of possibility and opportunity.
One of my favorite things about August is the warm weather. As someone who loves spending time outside, August provides the perfect opportunity to soak up the sun, go for a swim, or take a hike.
I love taking advantage of the long days and warm nights to spend time with family and friends.
Another thing I enjoy about August is the back-to-school season. While it can be stressful to prepare for a new academic year or work season, I find it exciting to have a fresh start and new goals to work towards.
It’s a time to reflect on what I’ve accomplished in the past year and set intentions for the future.
August also offers a chance to slow down and recharge. I find it helpful to take some time to reflect on the past year and think about what I want to focus on in the future.
This could mean taking a vacation or simply setting aside some quiet time to meditate or read a book.
Overall, August is a month filled with possibility and potential. While it can be bittersweet to say goodbye to summer, it’s also a time to reflect on the past and set intentions for the future.
Whether it’s spending time outside, setting new goals, or reflecting on inspiring quotes, August offers plenty of opportunities for growth and development.
August Quotes To Celebrate Summer
- “If June was the beginning of a hopeful summer, and July the juice middle, August was suddenly feeling like the bitter end.” – Sarah Dessen
- “Live in the sunshine. Swim in the sea. Drink in the wild air.” – Ralph Waldo Emerson
- “A life without love is like a year without summer.” – Swedish Proverb
- “Did you know that a bee dies after he stings you? And that there’s a star called Aldebaran? And that around the tenth of August, any year, you can look up in the sky at night and see dozens and dozens of shooting stars?” – Elizabeth Enright
- “Summer is the annual permission slip to be lazy.” – Regina Brett
- “Write about winter in the summer.” – Annie Dillard
- “August is a great month in the garden, with many flowers, including dahlias, sunflowers and other hot-colored blooms at their peak.” – BBC Gardeners’ World Magazine
- “August is that last flicker of fun and heat before everything fades and dies. The final moments of fun before the freeze. In the winter, everything changes.” – Rasmenia Massoud
- “It was August, and the fields were high with corn.” – Melanie Gideon
- “That August time it was delight / To watch the red moons wane to white.” – Algernon Charles Swinburne
- “When the sun is shining, I can do anything; no mountain is too high, no trouble too difficult to overcome.” – Wilma Rudolph
- “Summertime is always the best of what might be.” – Charles Bowden
- “My mission in life is not merely to survive, but to thrive.” – Junea Angelou
- “Breathe the sweetness that hovers in August.” – Denise Levertov
- “If opportunity doesn’t knock, build a door.” – Milton Berle
- “August is a time of growing up, of forgotten forever’s, full of the sweetest intent.” – Meka Boyle
- “That smell of freshly cut grass makes me think of Friday night football in high school. The smell of popcorn and cigar smoke reminds me of the stadium. The cutting of the grass reminds me of the August practice.” – Garth Brooks
- “Wherever you go, go with all your heart.” – Confucius
- “Life is a summer, full of fun, at the beach, under the sun.” – Debasish Mridha
- “In August, the large masses of berries, which, when in flower, had attracted many wild bees, gradually assumed their bright velvety crimson hue, and by their weight again bent down and broke their tender limbs.” – Henry David Thoreau
- “Whatever you are, be a good one.” – Abraham Lincoln
- “Always do what you are afraid to do.” – Ralph Waldo Emerson
- “August used to be a sad month for me. As the days went on, the thought of school starting weighed heavily upon my young frame.” – Henry Rollins
- “You can if you think you can.” – George Reeves
- “August is the month of the high-sailing hawks. The hen hawk is the most noticeable. He likes the haze and calm of these long, warm days. He is a bird of leisure and seems always at his ease. How beautiful and majestic are his movements!” – John Burroughs
- “Remember to be gentle with yourself and others. We are all children of chance, and none can say why some fields will blossom while others lay brown beneath the August sun.” – Kent Nerburn
- “Less than a month ago, all of August still stretched before us – long and golden and reassuring, like an endless period of delicious sleep.” – Lauren Oliver
- “And so with the sunshine and the great bursts of leaves growing on the trees, just as things grow in fast movies, I had that familiar conviction that life was beginning over again with the summer.” – F. Scott Fitzgerald
- “August breeze— perched on the flame tree, a red-vented Bulbul.” – Meeta Ahluwalia
- “But I can see us lost in the memory, August slipped away into a moment in time…” – Taylor Swift
- “Summer brings sunshine, warm and flowering.” – Lailah Gifty Akita
- “August rain: the best of the summer gone, and the new fall not yet born. The odd uneven time.” – Sylvia Plath
- “Rest is not idleness, and to lie sometimes on the grass under trees on a summer’s day, listening to the murmur of the water, or watching the clouds float across the sky, is by no means a waste of time.” – John Lubbock
- “It isn’t where you came from. It’s where you’re going that counts.” – Ella Fitzgerald
- “Take me to that island where people celebrate in the streets in August . . . Take me to Barbados.” – Charmaine J. Forde
- “The quiet August noon has come; A slumberous silence fills the sky; The winds are still, the trees are dumb, In glassy sleep the waters lie.” – William Cullen Bryant
- “August is ripening grain in the fields blowing hot and sunny, the scent of tree-ripened peaches, of hot buttered sweet corn on the cob. Vivid dahlias fling huge tousled blossoms through gardens and joe-pye-weed dusts the meadow purple.” – Jean Hersey
- “It’s always summer somewhere.” – Lily Pulitzer
- “The brilliant poppy flaunts her head, Amidst the ripening grain, And adds her voice to sell the song, That August’s here again.” – Helen Winslow
- “Everything good, everything magical happens between the months of June and August. Winters are simply a time to count the weeks until the next summer.” – Jenny Han
- “August creates as she slumbers, replete and satisfied.” – Joseph Wood Krutch
- “After winter comes the summer. After night comes the dawn. And after every storm, there comes clear, open skies.” – Samuel Rutherford
- “August is the slow, gentle month that stretches out the longest across the span of a year. It yawns and lingers on with the light in its palms.” – Victoria Erickson
- “August is a gentle reminder for not doing a single thing from your new year resolution for seven months and not doing it for next five.” – Crestless Wave
- “Live in each season as it passes: breathe the air, drink the drink, taste the fruit.” – Henry David Thoreau
- “Could you let me have the 3 weeks due to me now and if I work again before August I must of course repay you at the rate of exchange you let me have it at now if you kindly will.” – Basil Rathbone
- “August was nearly over – the month of apples and falling stars, the last care-free month for the school children. The days were not hot, but sunny and limpidly clear – the first sign of advancing autumn.” – Victor Nekrasov
- “Sweet, sweet burn of sun and summer wind, and you my friend, my new fun thing, my summer fling.” – K.D. Lang
- “August depresses me a little. I don’t even feel like eating. And when I don’t eat, that’s a sure sign of stagnation.” – Willard Scott
- “Tears of joy are like the summer rain drops pierced by sunbeams.” – Hosea Ballou
- “Every summer, around late July and into August, I find myself in Europe, performing at any festival that will have me.” – Henry Rollins
- “Deep summer is when laziness finds respectability.” – Sam Keen
- “A perfect summer day is when the sun is shining, the breeze is blowing, the birds are singing, and the lawnmower is broken.” – James Dent
- “To many, Heathrow in August is a paradigm of Hell.” – Paul Johnson
- “The month of August had turned into a griddle where the days just lay there and sizzled.” – Sue Monk Kidd, The Secret Life of Bees
- “Summer. The seasons between spring and autumn, comprising the Northern Hemisphere, the warmest months of the year: June, July, and August. The period of finest development, perfection, or beauty previous to any decline; the summer of life.” – Cecelia Ahern
- “I really started trying to get my act together in August of 2002.” – Ethan Suplee
- “Today is the first of August. It is hot, steamy and wet. It is raining. I am tempted to write a poem. But I remember what it said on one rejection slip: ‘After a heavy rainfall, poems titled ‘Rain’ pour in from across the nation.’” – Sylvia Plath
- “In summer, the song sings itself.” – William Carlos Williams
- “He who marvels at the beauty of the world in summer will find equal cause for wonder and admiration in winter.” – John Burroughs
- “The pleasure of jogging and running is rather like that of wearing a fur coat in Texas in August: the true joy comes in being able to take the damn thing off.” – Joseph Epstein
- “My life, I realize suddenly, is July. Childhood is June, and old age is August, but here it is, July, and my life, this year, is July inside of July.” – Rick Bass
- “Caught in the doldrums of August we may have regretted the departing summer, having sighed over the vanished strawberries and all that they signified.” – Denis Mackail
- “Today is the first day of August; it is no longer July. Summer passes, and Summer friends will melt away like snow in spring.” – Rolf van der Wind
- “In the summer, the days were long, stretching into each other. Out of school, everything was on pause and yet happening at the same time, this collection of weeks when anything was possible.” – Sarah Dessen
- “This morning, the sun endures past dawn. I realize that it is August: the summer’s last stand.” – Sara Baume
- “The summer night is like a perfection of thought.” – Wallace Stevens
- “Nothing is impossible to a willing heart.” – John Heywood
- “What good is the warmth of summer, without the cold of winter to give it sweetness.” – John Steinbeck
- “One benefit of summer was that each day we had more light to read by.” – Jeannette Walls
Fill Excitement In Your Month With August Quotes
- “The first week of August hangs at the very top of summer, the top of the live-long year, lke the highest seat of a Ferris wheel when it pauses in its turning. The weeks that come before are only a climb from balmy spring, and those that follow a drop to the chill of autumn, but the first week of August is motionless, and hot. It is curiously silent, too, with blank white dawns and glaring noons, and sunsets smeared with too much color. Often at night there is lightning, but it quivers all alone.” – Natalie Babbitt
- “Summer has filled her veins with light and her heart is washed with noon.” – C. Day Lewis
- “I love how summer just wraps its arms around you like a warm blanket.” – Kellie Elmore
- “Rejoice as summer should…chase away sorrows by living.” – Melissa Marr
- “When summer opens, I see how fast it matures, and fear it will be short; but after the heats of July and August, I am reconciled, like one who has had his swing, to the cool of autumn.” – Ralph Waldo Emmerson
- “A life lived in love will never be dull.” – Leo Buscaglia
- “In the long dusks of summer, we walked the suburban streets through scents of maple and cut grass, waiting for something to happen.” – Steven Millhauser
- “Happiness is not by chance, but by choice.” – Jim Rohn
- “August brings into sharp focus and a furious boil everything I’ve been listening to in the late spring and summer.” – Henry Rollins
- “People don’t notice whether it’s winter or summer when they’re happy.” – Anton Chekhov
- “It is best to be born in April or August when the life-giving Sun is in its exaltation . . . for then we enter the sea of life on the crest-wave and are backed in the battle of existence by an abundant fund of vim and energy.” – Max Heindel
- “Do what we can, summer will have its flies.” – Ralph Waldo Emerson
- “The crickets felt it was their duty to warn everybody that summertime cannot last forever. Even on the most beautiful days in the whole year – the days when summer is changing into autumn – the crickets spread the rumor of sadness and change.” – E.B. White
- “One day you discover you are alive… but, not long after, the sun goes out. Snow falls, but no one sees it, on an August noon.” – Ray Bradbury
- “August of another summer, and once again I am drinking the sun and the lilies again are spread across the water.” – Mary Oliver
- “August, the summer’s last messenger of misery, is a hollow actor.” – Henry Rollins
- “Youth is in a grand flush, like the hot days of ending summer; and pleasant dreams thrall your spirit, like the smoky atmosphere that bathes the landscape of an August day.” – Donald G. Mitchell
- “Every year I go to Denver, usually between June and August. I hire a car and head up to the Rocky Mountain National Park, about a three-hour drive. It’s my idea of heaven on earth and just talking about it puts me in a good mood.” – Gavin Esler
- “One evening in August you have an errand outdoors, and all of a sudden it’s pitch-black. It is still summer, but the summer is no longer alive.” – Tove Jansson
- “Every summer, my mother would say, ‘Get that job and hold on to it until August 30.’” – Chris Matthews
- “Late August still feels like summer here in the Ozarks, but it is the time of year the nighthawks are moving on to their South American wintering grounds.” – Sue Hubbell
- “What good is the warmth of summer, without the cold of winter to give it sweetness.” – John Steinbeck
- “A man says a lot of things in summer he doesn’t mean in winter.” – Patricia Briggs
- “Summer bachelors like summer breezes, are never as cool as they pretend to be.” – Nora Ephron
- “Some of the best memories are made in flip flops.” – Kellie Elmore
- “It’s a sure sign of summer if the chair gets up when you do.” – Walter Winchell
- “New month, new intentions, new goals, new love, new light, and new beginnings.” – April Mae Monterrosa
- “Ah, summer, what power you have to make us suffer and like it.” – Russell Baker
- “Over this August district work period, like many of my colleagues, I spent a lot of time with the men and women in uniform from my home State. The 196th Field Artillery Brigade just got back from a year in Afghanistan.” – Zach Wamp
- “A lot of parents pack up their troubles and send them off to summer camp.” – Raymond Duncan
- “August is filled with the charm of long days and short nights, and in between nothing.” – Unknown
- “August in Kansas City is hotter than two rats f**king in a sock.” – Ichiro Suzuki
- “Prayer is an august avowal of ignorance.” – Victor Hugo
- “Summoning artists to participate In the august occasions of the state Seems something artists ought to celebrate. Today is for my cause a day of days.” – Robert Frost
- “August evenings are especially stricken with melancholy – as if the ghosts of all past summers came rushing to haunt my heart.” – Letters of Summer Past (Listy Tamtego Lata)
- “No player can become accustomed to New York’s climate in August in a few days. The playing conditions, the courts in New York and France are very different.” – Helen Wills
- “One time. In 1965. August, for about an hour, I was both fine AND dandy at the same time. But nobody asked me how I was.” – George Carlin
- “August is the month when wars start. It’s when the water dries up and the spirit begins to wither. Insomniacs pull down their shades and lock themselves in their rooms in August. Lifelong friends have fist fights. People feel like they’re going to burst. Sometimes they do.” – Al Aronowitz
- “August in sub-Saharan Los Angeles is one of the great and awful tests of one’s endurance, sanity, and stamina.” – Henry Rollins
- “The Queen of Hearts, she made some tarts, All on a summer day: The Knave of Hearts, he stole those tarts, and took them quite away!” – Lewis Carroll
- “August is like the Sunday of summer.” – Unknown
- “August is the border between summer and autumn. It is the most beautiful month I know.” – Tove Jansson
- “August is the Sunday of summer, I wish we could turn the hour glass over, I wish that i could hold you closer. But August is the Sunday of summer” – MaK Cov
- “Happiness is not something you postpone for the future; it is something you design for the present.” – Jim Rohn
- “Your August can be as memorable as the leaving summer.” – Jennifer Lewis
What Are Quotes And How Can They Help Us To Improve Our Life?
In my opinion, quotes are powerful tools that can help us gain inspiration and insight into our lives.
They are snippets of wisdom from individuals who have experienced life in their own unique ways, and can offer us guidance and motivation when we need it the most.
By incorporating quotes into our lives, we can gain a fresh perspective on our own experiences and challenges.
They can encourage us to take action, offer comfort during difficult times, and serve as reminders of what is truly important in our lives.
In addition, quotes can help us improve our life by providing us with a source of positivity and inspiration.
They can help us develop a more optimistic outlook on life and encourage us to pursue our goals and dreams with determination and perseverance.
Overall, quotes can be a powerful tool for personal growth and development, and can offer us guidance and support during all stages of our lives.
What Are August Quotes And How Can They Help Us To Make Positive Change In Our Life?
To me, August quotes are powerful reminders of the possibilities and opportunities that this month brings.
They are snippets of wisdom and insight from individuals who have experienced life in their own unique ways, and can offer us guidance and motivation to make positive changes in our lives.
August quotes can help us develop a more positive outlook on life and encourage us to pursue our goals and dreams with determination and perseverance.
They can remind us of what is truly important in our lives and encourage us to focus on the things that bring us joy and fulfillment.
In addition, August quotes can inspire us to take action and make positive changes in our lives.
They can provide us with the motivation we need to overcome obstacles and achieve our goals, and can serve as a source of comfort and guidance during difficult times.
Overall, August quotes are powerful tools for personal growth and development, and can help us make positive changes in our lives and achieve our full potential.
Next Steps – How To Incorporate August Quotes Into Your Life
Incorporating August quotes into my daily routine has been a great way to stay motivated and inspired throughout the month. Here are a few strategies that have worked for me:
- Choose a quote that resonates with me and display it in a prominent place where I will see it often, such as on my desk or as the background on my phone.
- Start each day by reading an August quote that inspires me and sets a positive tone for the day ahead.
- Write down my favorite August quotes in a journal or notebook, and reflect on them regularly to gain a deeper understanding of their meaning and how they relate to my life.
- Share my favorite August quotes with others, whether it be through social media or in a conversation with a friend. This can help to spread positivity and inspiration to others.
- Use August quotes as a source of inspiration when facing challenges or obstacles in my life, and as a reminder of the strength and resilience that I possess.
Frequently Asked Questions
What Are August Quotes?
August quotes are inspirational sayings or words of wisdom that are associated with the month of August.
They can offer motivation, encouragement, and guidance to individuals looking to make positive changes in their lives.
How Can August Quotes Help Improve My Life?
August quotes can help improve your life by providing inspiration and motivation to pursue your goals and dreams with determination and perseverance.
They can also help you develop a more positive outlook on life and offer guidance and support during difficult times.
Where Can I Find August Quotes?
August quotes can be found in this article – 115 of them!
You can also create your own August quotes by reflecting on your experiences and insights.
How Can I Incorporate August Quotes Into My Daily Routine?
You can incorporate August quotes into your daily routine by displaying them in a prominent place where you will see them often, writing them down in a journal or notebook, and reflecting on their meaning regularly.
You can also share your favorite August quotes with others to spread positivity and inspiration.
Continue Reading????????: 400 Marvelous June Quotes To Usher In The Summer
- 49 Unique Self-Care Kit Ideas For Your Well-Being - February 14, 2024
- 85 Exciting And Encouraging Quotes About Trying New Things In Life To Inspire That First Step - February 14, 2024
- 125 Inspiring You Are Amazing Quotes For Yourself And The Special People In Your Life - February 14, 2024