Last Updated on August 16, 2023
As I sit down to write about body positivity quotes, I can’t help but reflect on my own journey towards self-love and acceptance.
For years, I struggled with negative thoughts and feelings about my body, constantly comparing myself to others and feeling like I didn’t measure up.
It wasn’t until I stumbled upon a quote about body positivity that something shifted within me. It was like a lightbulb went off, and I realized that I had been looking at myself through a distorted lens.
I began to actively seek out more quotes and messages that celebrated all body types, and slowly but surely, my mindset started to shift.
That’s the thing about body positivity quotes – they have the power to transform the way we think about ourselves and our bodies.
They remind us that we are all worthy and deserving of love and respect, regardless of our size, shape, or appearance.
In a world that often tells us we need to look a certain way to be accepted or valued, it can be incredibly empowering to read words that celebrate our bodies just as they are.
Body positivity quotes challenge the toxic beauty standards that have been ingrained in us, and help us to see the beauty in diversity.
Whether it’s a quote from a celebrity or a simple phrase that you repeat to yourself every day, body positivity quotes have the ability to inspire and uplift.
They remind us that we are not alone in our struggles, and that there is a community of people who are fighting for body acceptance and inclusivity.
So if you’re on your own journey towards self-love and acceptance, or if you simply need a reminder that you are worthy and beautiful, take a moment to read through some of these body positivity quotes.
You never know – they may just be the inspiration you need to start seeing yourself in a whole new light.
Powerful Body-Positive Quotes
1. “The most powerful thing anyone can say to us is what we say to ourselves.” — Christine D’Ercole
2. “You have been criticizing yourself for years and it hasn’t worked. Try approving of yourself and see what happens.” — Louise Hay
3. “To love yourself right now, just as you are, is to give yourself heaven. Don’t wait until you die. If you wait, you die now. If you love, you live now.” — Alan Cohen
4. “Since I don’t look like every other girl, it takes a while to be okay with that. To be different. But different is good.” — Serena Williams
5. “You can’t hate yourself happy. You can’t criticize yourself thin. You can’t shame yourself worthy. Real change begins with self-love and self-care.” — Jessica Ortner
6. “Hating our bodies is something that we learn, and it sure as hell is something that we can unlearn.” — Megan Jayne Crabbe
7. “I don’t want to wait until I’m 73 to embrace my body. To look back and think of my beauty: How did I miss it? Let’s not wait another moment.” ― Ashley Asti
8. “Stop trying to fix your body. It was never broken.” — Eve Ensler
9. “Don’t let your mind bully your body.” — June Tomaso Wood
10. “Life is so much more beautiful and complex than a number on a scale.” — Tess Munster
11. “In order to find real happiness, you must learn to love yourself for the totality of who you are and not just what you look like.” — Portia de Rossi
12. “You have to stand up and say, ‘There’s nothing wrong with me or my shape or who I am, you’re the one with the problem!'” — Jennifer Lopez
13. “To love yourself as you are is a miracle, and to seek yourself is to have found yourself, for now. And now is all we have, and love is who we are.” — Anne Lamott
RELATED: 110 Powerful Quotes To Heal Trauma
14. “To be beautiful means to be yourself. You don’t need to be accepted by others. You need to accept yourself.” — Thich Nhat Hanh
15. “Work out because you love your body, not because you hate it.” — Torre Washington
16. “Each individual woman’s body demands to be accepted on its own terms.” — Gloria Steinem
17. “You all can judge my body all you want, but at the end of the day it’s MY body. I love it and I’m comfortable in my own skin.” — Simone Biles
18. “I realize everybody wants what they don’t have. But at the end of the day, what you have inside is much more beautiful than what’s on the outside.” — Selena Gomez
19. “My weight? It is what it is. You could get hit by a bus tomorrow. It’s about being content. And sometimes other priorities win.” — Melissa McCarthy
20. “I think about my body as a tool to do the stuff I need to do, but not the be all and end all of my existence.” — Lena Dunham
21. “I’ve made peace with the fact that the things that I thought were weaknesses or flaws were just me. I like them.” — Sandra Bullock
22. “I want to enjoy life, and I can’t if I’m not eating and miserable.” — Kate Upton
23. “Be happy in your own skin. If you are unhealthy, start by making small changes to become healthier. You are unique, beautiful, and worthy.” — Octavia Spencer
24. “You define beauty yourself, society doesn’t define your beauty.” — Lady Gaga
25. “Your body is your home, your vessel in life. It needs to be respected and loved.” — Iskra Lawrence
Body Positive Quotes That Remind Us To Love Ourselves
26. “This body had carried me through a hard life. It looked exactly the way it was supposed to.” — Veronica Roth, Carve the Mark
27. “My limbs work, so I’m not going to complain about how my body is shaped.” — Drew Barrymore
28. “I just don’t believe in perfection. But I do believe in saying, “This is who I am and look at me not being perfect!” I’m proud of that.” — Kate Winslet
29. “Remember, you have been criticizing yourself for years and it hasn’t worked. Try approving of yourself and see what happens.” — Louise L. Hay
30. “Your body hears everything your mind says.” — Naomi Judd
31. “Just focus on being the best possible version of yourself and quit worrying about your thighs—there’s nothing wrong with them.” — Jennie Runk
32. “I think your whole life shows in your face and you should be proud of that.” — Lauren Bacall
33. “I’m not ashamed of what I am and that I have curves and that I’m thick. I like my body.” — Alicia Keys
34. “The body is meant to be seen, not all covered up.” — Marilyn Monroe
35. “I see my body as an instrument, rather than an ornament.” — Alanis Morissette
36. “I have a belly. And I have cellulite. And I still deserve love.” — Amy Schumer
37. “There is more wisdom in your body than in your deepest philosophy.” — Friedrich Nietzsche
38. “I’m not going to sacrifice my mental health to have the perfect body.” — Demi Lovato
39. “I love every cell of my body.” — Louise Hay
40. “Speak to your body in a loving way. It’s the only one you’ve got, it’s your home, and it deserves your respect.” — Iskra Lawrence
41. “The human body is the best picture of the human soul.” — Ludwig Wittgenstein
42. “Even I don’t wake up looking like Cindy Crawford.” — Cindy Crawford
43. “I can’t think of any better representation of beauty than someone who is unafraid to be herself.” — Emma Stone
Body Positivity Quotes to Love Yourself More
44. “Loving yourself isn’t vanity. It’s sanity.” — Katrina Mayer
45. “Your words have so much power. Every day, if you tell yourself ‘I love you,’ if you give yourself one word of validation, it will change your mind.” — Ashley Graham
46. “Most important, in order to find real happiness, you must learn to love yourself for the totality of who you are and not just what you look like.” — Poortia deRossi
47. “We can climb mountains with self-love.” — Samira Wiley
48. “Confidence is the only key. I can’t think of any better representation of beauty than someone who is unafraid to be herself.” — Emma Stone
49. “We can’t hate ourselves into a version of ourselves we can love.” — Lori Deschene
50. “Worthiness does not have prerequisites.” — Brené Brown
51. “I wish I could tell my younger self that she was always more than a body. She always had more to offer the world than weight loss and flat abs. So much more.” — Megan Jayne Crabbe
52. “We are a gorgeous, infinite circle of women of all shades, all styles, in all the ways we were made, inside of us everything blooms.” — Alicia Keys
53. “How beautiful would it be if we could just see souls instead of bodies? To see love and compassion instead of curves.” — Karen Quan
54. “We are beautiful because we are sons and daughters of God, not because we look a certain way.” — Kate Wicker
55. “You’re a work of art, not everybody will understand you, but the ones that do will never forget about you.” — Amber Ibarreche
56. “Loving yourself is the greatest revolution.” — Unknown
57. “You don’t need an excuse to feel good about yourself.” — Jessamyn Stanley
58. “Self-care is how you take your power back.” — Lalah Delia
Body Positive Quotes About Accepting Yourself
59. “If we base our self-worth on something as ever-changing as our bodies, we will forever be on the emotional roller coaster of body obsession and shame.” — Chrissy King
60. “Just because we have acne, tummy rolls, and chafing thighs doesn’t mean we need fixed. Period.” — Mik Zazon
61. “Remember that our bodies are always changing, and that’s okay. What’s really unhealthy is trying to fit into an unrealistic norm of what is seen as perfect.” — Olakemi
62. “Having a flat stomach doesn’t make you more worthy, it won’t make you happier, or more successful. You don’t need a toned stomach to wear a bikini.” — Rae Ann Langas
63. “To wish you were someone else is to waste the person you are.” — Sven Goran Eriksson
64. “Life is too short to spend another at war with yourself.” — Ritu Ghatourey
Beautiful Body Positive Quotes
65. “You are imperfect, permanently, and inevitably flawed. And you are beautiful.” — Amy Bloom
66. “I’ve learned to appreciate my body, because it’s taken me all the way here and will take me to the end.” — Clémentine Desseaux
67. “Don’t change your body to get respect from society. Instead let’s change society to respect our bodies.” — Golda Poretsky
68. “And I said to my body, softly, “I want to be your friend. It took a long breath and replied, “I’ve been waiting my whole life for this.” — Nayyirah Waheed
69. “The relentless attempts to be thin take you further and further away from what could actually end your suffering: getting back in touch with who you really are. Your true nature. Your essence.” — Geneen Roth
70. “I’ve finally recognized my body for what it is: a personality-delivery system, designed expressly to carry my character from place to place, now and in the years to come.” — Anna Quindlen
How Can Reading Positivity Quotes Be Beneficial?
Reading body positivity quotes can be beneficial in many ways.
Here are some reasons why:
- Boosts self-esteem: Body positivity quotes can help to boost your self-esteem and make you feel good about yourself. They remind you that you are worthy and deserving of love and respect, no matter what your body looks like.
- Encourages self-acceptance: Body positivity quotes encourage self-acceptance and help you to embrace your body just the way it is. They can help you to let go of negative thoughts and feelings about your body and replace them with positive ones.
- Promotes body diversity: Body positivity quotes celebrate body diversity and help to challenge the toxic beauty standards that have been ingrained in us. They remind us that there is no one “perfect” body type, and that all bodies are beautiful in their own way.
- Inspires positive action: Body positivity quotes can inspire positive action and encourage you to take care of your body in a healthy and loving way. They can motivate you to make positive changes in your life and to treat yourself with kindness and compassion.
- Builds community: Body positivity quotes can help to build a community of like-minded individuals who are fighting for body acceptance and inclusivity. They can connect you with others who are on a similar journey and provide a sense of support and belonging.
Implementing body positivity quotes into your daily life can be a simple and effective way to promote self-love and acceptance.
Here are some ways to do so:
- Create a list of your favorite body positivity quotes: Compile a list of your favorite body positivity quotes and keep them in a place where you will see them every day, such as on your bedroom mirror or in your planner. You can also save them as the background on your phone or computer.
- Repeat them to yourself daily: Repeat your favorite body positivity quotes to yourself throughout the day, particularly when you are feeling negative thoughts about your body. Say them out loud or in your head, and try to really internalize the message.
- Share them with others: Share your favorite body positivity quotes with your friends and loved ones, and encourage them to do the same. You can also post them on social media or in online groups that focus on body positivity and self-love.
- Use them as inspiration for affirmations: Take your favorite body positivity quotes and turn them into affirmations that you can use to boost your self-esteem. For example, if your favorite quote is “All bodies are good bodies”, turn it into an affirmation like “My body is a good body, just the way it is”.
- Incorporate them into your self-care routine: Use body positivity quotes as a part of your daily self-care routine. For example, you can read them while you’re doing your skincare routine or while you’re taking a relaxing bath.
Frequently Asked Questions
What Exactly Is Body Positivity?
Body positivity is the idea that all bodies are worthy of love and respect, regardless of their shape, size, or appearance.
It’s about promoting self-love and acceptance, and challenging the toxic beauty standards that have been ingrained in our society.
Body positivity emphasizes the importance of embracing diversity and promoting inclusivity.
Can Body Positivity Quotes Really Make A Difference In How I Feel About My Body?
Yes, body positivity quotes can definitely make a difference in how you feel about your body.
By reading and internalizing positive messages about your body, you can begin to challenge negative thoughts and feelings and replace them with more positive ones.
Over time, this can help to boost your self-esteem, promote self-acceptance, and inspire positive action.
Do Body Positivity Quotes Only Apply To People Who Are Overweight Or Have “Imperfect” Bodies?
No, body positivity quotes apply to everyone, regardless of their size, shape, or appearance.
Body positivity is about promoting self-love and acceptance for all bodies, not just those that are traditionally considered “imperfect”.
It’s about celebrating diversity and promoting inclusivity for everyone, regardless of their body type.
Continue Reading : 109 Motivational Women’s Day Quotes To Show Respect And Admiration
- Stromatolites Meanings, Healing Properties and Uses - October 7, 2023
- Green Jade Meanings, Healing Properties and Uses - October 3, 2023
- 125 Powerful Manifesting Affirmations To Achieve Your Dreams - September 21, 2023