February is a unique month that tends to evoke a wide range of emotions in people. For some, it’s a time to celebrate love and romance with Valentine’s Day. For others, it’s a reminder of winter’s gloom and the challenge of getting through the rest of the season. It’s all about February Quotes to Inspire and Uplift Your Month.
Regardless of where you fall on the spectrum, there’s no denying that February is a month full of surprises and unexpected twists.
That’s where quotes come in. Quotes about February can help us navigate the ups and downs of this transitional month, and offer insights into how to make the most of this time.
They can help us reflect on our experiences and find the motivation to keep going, even when things get tough.
Whether you’re feeling the romantic buzz of Valentine’s Day or struggling with the winter blues, there’s a quote out there that can speak to your experiences.
From famous authors and poets to everyday people who have shared their thoughts on social media, there are countless quotes about February that offer comfort, inspiration, and a fresh perspective on this unique month.
Some quotes about February focus on the power of love and the joy of connection. They remind us that even in the darkest of winter months, there is always a reason to celebrate the love we share with others.
Others focus on the idea of resilience and perseverance, encouraging us to keep going even when things feel difficult or overwhelming.
Whatever your experience of February may be, there’s a quote out there that can help you to make sense of it all.
Whether you’re looking for a source of inspiration, a moment of reflection, or simply a reminder that you’re not alone in your struggles, quotes about February can be a powerful tool for personal growth and self-improvement.
So why not take a moment to explore some of the many quotes about February out there?
You never know – you just might find the inspiration you need to make this month your best one yet.
February Quotes For A Positive Start
1. “In February, there is everything to hope for and nothing to regret.” – Patience Strong
2. “February is the uncertain month, neither black nor white, but all shades between by turns. Nothing is sure.” – Gladys Hasty Carroll
3. “February — the month of love? No wonder the shortest one in the calendar.” – Dinesh Kumar Biran
4. “It is frequently asked, ‘Why must February have only 28 days? Why can’t you borrow one day from the end of January and one day from the beginning of March and make all three months 30 days long?’ The answer is that while you can end January on the 30th, you can’t begin March on the 2nd.” – Robert Brault
5. “February is for curmudgeons, whinge-bags, and misanthropes. You can’t begrudge us one month of the year or blame us for being even crabbier, it’s so short. There is nothing good about it, which is why it’s so great.” – Lionel Shriver
6. “The only bubble in the flat champagne of February is Valentine’s Day. It was no accident that our ancestors pinned Valentine’s Day on February’s shirt: He or she lucky enough to have a lover in frigid, antsy February has cause for celebration, indeed.” -Tom Robbins
7. “February is the border between winter and spring.” – Terri Guillemets
8. “Late February days; and now, at last, Might you have thought that winter’s woe was past; So fair the sky was and so soft the air.” – William Morris
9. “One of the major dangers of being alone in February is the tendency to dwell on past relationships. Whether you’re daydreaming about that ‘one that got away,’ or you’re recalling the fairy tale date you went on last Valentine’s Day, romanticizing the past isn’t helpful — nor accurate.” – Amy Morin
10. “The February sunshine steeps your boughs and tints the buds and swells the leaves within.” -William Cullen Bryant
11. “Though it was the end of February, the day was a lazy sort of cold. The sun slipped through the cloud in bursts, reminding the landscape that it was still there, prodding snow piles to relax into puddles and stirring sleeping seeds under the ground.” – Erika Robuck
12. “Today is the first of February, snowy, brilliant, but dripping with the sound of spring wherever the sun lies warm, and calling with the heart of spring yonder where the crows are assembling. There is spring in the talk of the chickadees outside my window, and in the cheerful bluster of a red squirrel in the hickory.” – Dallas Lore Sharp
13. “I know him, February’s thrush, And loud at eve he valentines, On sprays that paw the naked bush, Where soon will sprout the thorns and bines.” – George Meredith
14. “February is a suitable month for dying. Everything around is dead, the trees black and frozen so that the appearance of green shoots two months hence seems preposterous, the ground hard and cold, the snow dirty, the winter hateful, hanging on too long.” – Anna Quindlen
RELATED: 292 Lovely “You Are Beautiful” Quotes To Share With Those You Love
15. “February. Take ink and weep, write February as you’re sobbing, while black spring burns deep through the slush and throbbing.” – Boris Pasternak
16. “In the coldest February, as in every other month in every other year, the best thing to hold on to in this world is each other.” – Linda Ellerbee
17. “Cold and snowy February does seem slow and trying, very. Still, a month made gay by Cupid never could be wholly stupid.” – Louise Bennett Weaver
18. “Though February is short, it is filled with lots of love and sweet surprises.” – Charmaine J. Forde
19. “If you meet 29th February, think of something unique for it is the only day that defines a year as a leap year. It is the only day that makes February truly unique.” – Ernest Agyemang Yeboah
20. “The day and time itself: late afternoon in early February, was there a moment of the year better suited for despair?” – Alice McDermott
21. “Along about the beginning of February, when the days of winter seem endless and no amount of wistful recollecting can bring back any air of summer, I caught one of those colds which last for two days in the children and two weeks with me.” – Shirley Jackson
22. “When February sun shines cold, There comes a day when in the air, The wings of winter slow unfold, And show the golden summer there.” – Philip Henry Savage
23. “While it is February, one can taste the full joys of anticipation. Spring stands at the gate with her finger on the latch.” -Patience Strong
24. “February, bending from Heaven. In azure mirth, it kissed the forehead of the Earth and smiled upon the silent sea, and bade the frozen streams be free, and waked to music all their fountains, and breathed upon the frozen mountains.” – Percy Bysshe Shelley
25. “Good morrow, Benedick. Why, what’s the matter, That you have such a February face, So full of frost, of storm and cloudiness?” – William Shakespeare
26. “The shortest day has passed, and whatever nastiness of weather we may look forward to in January and February, at least we notice that the days are getting longer.” – V. Sackville-West
27. “February brings the rain, Thaws the frozen lake again….” – Sara Coleridge
28. “January cold and desolate; February dripping wet; March wind ranges; April changes; Birds sing in tune To flowers of May, And sunny June Brings longest day; In scorched July The storm-clouds fly, Lightning-torn; August bears corn, September fruit; In rough October Earth must disrobe her; Stars fall and shoot in keen November; And night is long And cold is strongIn bleak December.” – Christina Rossetti
29. “Don’t wait until February to start living in January.” – Anthony T. Hincks
30. “Terrible, dreepy, dark February weather I remember, and the worst, most frightened days of my life.” – Sebastian Barry
31. “Why does February feel like one big Tuesday?” -Todd Stocker
32. “Even winter, the hardest season, the most implacable, dreams, as February creeps on, of the flame that will presently melt it away. Everything tires with time and starts to seek some opposition, to save it from itself.” – Clive Barker
RELATED: 292 Lovely “85 Strength Quotes To Find Your Inner Power
33. “If January is the month of change, February is the month of lasting change. January is for dreamers…February is for doers.” – Marc Parent
34. “I used to try to decide which was the worst month of the year. In the winter, I would choose February. I had it figured out that the reason God made February short a few days was because he knew that by the time people came to the end of it, they would die if they had to stand one more blasted day. December and January are cold and wet, but, somehow, that’s their right. February is just plain malicious. It knows your defenses are down….So February sneaks in a couple of beautiful days early on, and just when you’re stretching out like a cat waking up, bang! February hits you right in the stomach….February is a mean bully. Nothing could be worse — except August.” – Katherine Paterson
35. “When God was making the months I think February was a mistake, like a burp. There it was, small, dark, and prickly. It had absolutely no redeeming qualities.” – Shannon Wiersbitzky
36. “February days are a marketing gimmick; love happens every day.” – Randeep Hooda
37. “Even though February was the shortest month of the year, sometimes it seemed like the longest.” -Lorraine Snelling
38. “There is always in February some one day, at least, when one smells the yet distant, but surely coming, summer.” – Gertrude Jekyll
39. “February makes a bridge and March breaks it.” – Proverb
40. “Groundhog found fog. New snows and blue toes. Fine and dandy for Valentine candy. Snow spittin’; if you’re not mitten-smitten, you’ll be frostbitten! By jing-y feels spring-y.” – The Old Farmer’s Almanac
41. “February, a form pale-vestured, wildly fair. One of the North Wind’s daughters with icicles in her hair.” – Edgar Fawcett
42. “Thick February mists cling heavily to the dead earth and to each leafless tree.” – Emma Lazarus
Romantic February Quotes
43. “It wasn’t love at first sight. It took a full five minutes.” – Lucille Ball
44. “Love is an untamed force.” – Paulo Coelho
45. “We can only learn to love by loving.” – Iris Murdoch
46. “I love you not only for what you are, but for what I am when I am with you.” – Elizabeth Barrett Browning
47. “To love is to burn, to be on fire.” – Jane Austen
48. “I love you. I am at rest with you. I have come home.” – Dorothy L. Sayers
49. “Love loves to love love.” – James Joyce
50. “Love is the expansion of two natures in such fashion that each include the other, each is enriched by the other.” – Felix Adler
51. “True love stories never have endings.” – Richard Bach
52. “Love is not love until love’s vulnerable.” – Theodore Roethke
53. “Valentine’s Day is an extraordinary moment for recalling the lasting power of a true love.” ― M.F.
RELATED: 194 Stirring “You Deserve Better” Quotes To Inspire Greatness
54. “Valentine’s Day is a love-note to the rest of the year.” — Jo Lightfoot
55. “Oh, if it be to choose and call thee mine, love, thou art every day my Valentine!” — Thomas Hood
56. “Pick me, choose me, love me.” — Meredith Grey, Grey’s Anatomy
57. “I swear I couldn’t love you more than I do right now, and yet I know I will tomorrow.” – Leo Christopher
58. “What is love? It is the morning and the evening star.” – Sinclair Lewis
59. “If you love yourself first, you will find your Valentine much quicker!” ― Mehmet Murat ildan
60. “In order to be happy oneself it is necessary to make at least one other person happy.” – Theodor Reik
61. “Never sign a Valentine with your own name.” — Charles Dickens
62. “If I know what love is, it is because of you.” – Hermann Hesse
63. “To be your friend was all I ever wanted; to be your lover was all I ever dreamed.” – Valerie Lombardo
64. “Without Valentine’s Day, February would be…well, January.” – Jim Gaffigan
65. “A valentine warms the heart.” — Kriss Stewart
66. “Love is what makes the ride worthwhile.” – Franklin P. Jones
67. “February always seem to give more joy than other months. Maybe because it’s the month of love.” – Unknown
68. “Today is Valentine’s Day—or, as men like to call it, Extortion Day!” — Jay Leno
69. “Where there is love there is life.” – Mahatma Ghandi
70. “You call it madness, but I call it love.” – Don Byas
71. “A life lived in love will never be dull.” – Leo Buscaglia
72. “Loved you yesterday, love you still, always have, always will.” – Elaine Davis
73. “We love because it’s the only true adventure.” – Nikki Giovanni
74. “Love many things, for therein lies the true strength, and whosoever loves much performs much, and can accomplish much, and what is done in love is done well.” – Vincent van Gogh
75. “February, the month of love? No wonder the shortest one in the calendar.” – Dinesh Kumar Biran
76. “On this Valentine’s Day my hope and wish is that our love will be forever.” — Catherine Pulsifer
RELATED: 145 Inspiring Vision Board Quotes To Manifest Your Dreams
77. “Love is the ultimate expression of the will to live.” – Tom Wolfe
78. “Love is that condition in which the happiness of another person is essential to your own.” – Robert A. Heinlein
79. “At the touch of love everyone becomes a poet.” – Plato
80. “I love you more than coffee, but please don’t make me prove it.” – Elizabeth Evans
81. “Gravitation is not responsible for people falling in love.” – Albert Einstein
Snowy & Winter February Quotes
82. “You can’t get too much winter in the winter.” – Robert Frost
83. “The light made the snowballs look yellow. Or at least I hoped that was the cause.” — Gary D. Schmidt
84. “February, when the days of winter seem endless and no amount of wistful recollecting can bring back any air of summer.” – Shirley Jackson
85. “Winter, a lingering season, is a time to gather golden moments, embark upon a sentimental journey, and enjoy every idle hour.” – John Boswell
86. “Nature is full of genius, full of divinity; so that not a snowflake escapes its fashioning hand.” ― Henry David Thoreau
87. “With the lengthening days which distinguish the third month of winter from its predecessor, come ardent desires for spring, and longings for the time of birds and flowers. An adventurous swallow too early flying from the south, a vision of snowdrops in the snow, a day of April warmth lit by a slant February sun, are all hailed with pleasure as harbingers of a more gracious season on its northland way.” – Oscar Fay Adams
88. “Snow is the truth only when it’s snowing.” ― Marty Rubin
89. “To appreciate the beauty of a snowflake it is necessary to stand out in the cold.” ― Aristotle
90. “On the wind in February, snowflakes float still. Half inclined to turn to rain, nipping, dripping, chill.” – Christina Georgina Rosetti
91. “When snow falls, nature listens.” ― Antoinette Van Kleeff
92. “The bitter winds in February were sometimes called the First East Winds, but the longing for spring somehow made them seem more piercing.” – Eiji Yoshikawa
93. “We build statues out of snow, and weep to see them melt.” ― Walter Scott
94. “Winter is the time for comfort, for good food and warmth, for the touch of a friendly hand and for a talk beside the fire: it is the time for home.” – Edith Sitwell
95. “It is growing cold. Winter is putting footsteps in the meadow.” – Roman Payne
96. “Late February, and the air’s so balmy snowdrops and crocuses might be fooled into early blooming. Then, the inevitable blizzard will come, blighting our harbingers of spring, and the numbed yards will go back undercover. In Florida, it’s strawberry season shortcake, waffles, berries and cream will be penciled on the coffeeshop menus.” – Gail Mazur
97. “The first snow is like the first love.” — Lara Biyuts
98. “The snow of home, which is no less shimmering and white as it falls. The earth is covered with it, and it is falling still in silence so deep that you can hear its silence.” ― Frederick Buechner
99. “Like thee to those in sorrow, comes to bid a sweet good-morrow. To the rough year just awake in its cradle on the brake. The brightest hour of unborn Spring, through the winter wandering, found, it seems, the halcyon Morn to hoar February born.” – Percy Bysshe Shelley
RELATED: 518 Powerful Quotes To Manifest The Life Of Your Dreams
100. “The snow fell as softly as a poet’s tears.” ― Kevin Ansbro
101. “Close your eyes. Hear the silent snow. Listen to your soul speak.” ― Adrienne Posey
102. “Snow flurries began to fall and they swirled around people’s legs like house cats. It was magical, this snow globe world.” ― Sarah Addison Allen
103. “The wind crooned softly as it dusted the snow against the windows, wrapping them in a thick and fluffy cotton blanket.” ― Soheir Khashoggi
Funny February Quotes
104. “99% of my socks are single. And you don’t see them crying about it.”
105. “Probably more pests can be controlled in an armchair in front of a February fire with a garden notebook and a seed catalog that can ever be knocked out in hand-to-hand combat in the garden.” – Neely Turner
106. “I just did something on a show on UPN called “Girlfriends” that will be on television in February. I am actually a much better actor today than I was in 1996, believe it or not.” – Christopher Darden
107. “Every leap year I like to jump. It’s a good way to get my exercise in every four years.” – Jarod Kintz
108. “Go to the winter woods: listen there, look, watch, and “the dead months” will give you a subtler secret than any you have yet found in the forest.” – William Sharp
109. “February, a form pale-vestured, wildly fair. One of the North Wind’s daughters with icicles in her hair.” – Edgar Fawcett
RELATED: 144 Powerful Quotes To Stay Strong During Difficult Times
110. “I got bitten by the free software bug in February of 1998 around the time of the Mozilla announcement.” – Andy Hertzfeld
111. “February 13 should be international condom day.” – Mario Tomasello
112. “I’m 58 years old and I just went through 8 back surgeries. They started cutting on me in February 2009, and I was basically bedridden for almost two years. I got a real dose of reality that if you don’t have your health, you don’t have anything.” – Hulk Hogan
113. “Can February March? No! But, April May.” – Unknown
114. “The great grey beast February had eaten Harvey Swick alive.” – Clive Barker, The Thief of Always
115. “I have to admit, in January and February, I was in an absolute fuzz. I had no one on board. It wasn’t that I didn’t know what I was doing, but we didn’t have all the pieces put together.” – Donna Shalala
116. “I wish you a beautiful new month from the first day of this month to the last day.” – J. K. Rowling
117. “It’s typical of Italian culture that we only start to feel emotional about something when we have the possibility to see it in front of us. By February, Italy will have Olympic fever.” – Alberto Tomba
118. “Valentine’s Day money-saving tip: Break up on February 13th, get back together on the 15th.” – David Letterman
119. “I used to want the words ‘She tried’ on my tombstone. Now I want ‘She did it.’” – Katherine Dunham
120. “Here’s to stocking up on half-price candy on February 15.” – Unknown
121. “February – the month of love..?!! No wonder the shortest one in the calendar.” – Dinesh Kumar Biran
122. “I’m about as useful as a fingerless eunuch during Fuck Fest February! someone give me a gun.” – Robert Kirkman
123. “February makes a bridge and March breaks it.” – George Hebert
124. “You sweat out the free agent thing in November then you make the trades in December. Then you struggle to sign the guys left in January and in February I get down to sewing all the new numbers on the uniforms.” – Whitey Herzog
125. “What’s the difference between me and a calendar? A calendar has dates.” – Unknown
126. “My boyfriend is like February 30 – he doesn’t exist.” – Unknown
127. “What I look for these days is that I don’t have long speeches, the characters gets to sit down a lot, I don’t have to learn any foreign languages, and it doesn’t shoot in Minneapolis in February. That’s mainly what I look for.” – Alan Arkin
128. “Why does February feel like one big Tuesday?” – Todd Stocker
129. “February is the shortest month, so if you’re having a miserable month, try to schedule it for February.” – Lemony Snicket
130. “A lot of people like snow. I find it to be an unnecessary freezing of water.” – Carl Reiner
131. “The most serious charge which can be brought against New England is not Puritanism, but February. Spring is too far away to comfort even by anticipation, and winter long ago lost the charm of novelty. This is the very three a.m. of the calendar.” – Joseph Wood Krutch
February Quotes & Sayings
132. “Your birthday happens each year on exactly the same day. It is a solid thing, a dependable thing, a measure of your life broken down into 365 subunits. For a Leaper, it is a bit different. For us, the basic assumption is shattered from the beginning.” – Rick Tumlinson
133. “You may be born in the shortest month, but you sure celebrate a long, happy birthday in February!” – Unknown
134. “Imperfection is beauty, madness is genius, and it’s better to be absolutely ridiculous than absolutely boring.” – Marilyn Monroe
135. “Do not rely on February . . . The sun in this month begets a headache like an angel slapping you in the face.” ―Anne Sexton
136. “The only thing we should scream into the world is love.” – Jill Telford
137. “It’s easy to love the nice things about ourselves. But true self-love is embracing the difficult parts that live in all of us.” – Rupi Kaur
138. “The last time when I handed over information was in February or March 1949.” – Klaus Fuchs
139. “My debut upon the world’s stage occurred on February 26th, 1845.” – Buffalo Bill
140. “For many years, February was a difficult month for me after the death of my parents. My father died in February, just a week before my mother’s birthday. For years their loss cast a pall over the month. I missed them terribly. But time has changed things. I see my father often in the face of my son and I run into my mother daily each time I pass the hall mirror.” – Mary Morrell
141. “Keep your face always toward the sunshine – and shadows will fall behind you.” – Walt Whitman
142. “In the early 1970s in Atlanta, I attended what had formerly been an all-white school but had become a black school after integration and white flight. Perhaps because of this, the teachers created a curriculum that included a focus on African American literature and history year-round, not just in February.” – Natasha Trethewey
RELATED: 167 Exciting Focus Goals Quotes To Help You Achieve Your Desires
143. “January gray is here, like a sexton by her grave; February bears the bier, march with grief doth howl and rave, and April weeps — but, O ye hours! Follow with May’s fairest flowers.” – Percy Bysshe Shelley
144. “My life in February becomes amazing, no date, no valentines, no spouse, no bae, just discounted chocolates and me.” – Unknown
145. “January is always a good month for behavioral economics. Few things illustrate self-control as vividly as New Year’s resolutions. February is even better, though, because it lets us study why so many of those resolutions are broken.” – Sendhil Mullainathan
146. “In the gloomy month of February, the Deserts of Arabia are not more dreary and inhospitable than the streets of London at such a time.” – Washington Irving
147. “The object of a new month is not that we should have a new month…we should have a new soul.” – G. K. Chesterton
148. “Cause it’s February the twenty-second.” ― Fred Astaire
149. “A diplomat is a man who always remembers a woman’s birthday but never remembers her age.” – Unknown
150. “February is merely as long as is needed to pass the time until March.” ― Dr. J. R. Stockton
151. “You leave such a significant impact on my life; I wish you a pleased birthday February, enjoy it.” – Anonymous
152. “I have decided my 2023 starts again on February 1st… January was a trial month.” – Unknown
153. “Colour purple. Dream burning, February’s sea.” ― Sadayo Takizawa
How can reading February quotes be beneficial?
Reading quotes about February can be beneficial in a number of ways.
Firstly, they can help to inspire and motivate us during this transitional month.
Many people struggle with the winter blues or find it difficult to stay focused on their goals at this time of year, and quotes about February can offer a reminder that we’re not alone in these feelings.
Quotes can also help us to reflect on our experiences and gain a fresh perspective on the world around us.
They can challenge our assumptions and offer insights into new ways of thinking about love, connection, and resilience.
In addition, reading February quotes can be a great source of comfort and validation.
When we’re feeling down or struggling to cope with the challenges of this month, it can be helpful to hear from others who have been there before and come out the other side stronger.
Finally, quotes about February can be a great way to connect with others and build a sense of community.
Whether you share your favorite quotes on social media or discuss them with friends and family, they can spark meaningful conversations and help us to connect with others who share our values and experiences.
There are a number of ways to implement February quotes into your daily life:
- Set a daily reminder: Set a daily reminder on your phone or calendar to read a February quote each day. This will help you to stay motivated and inspired throughout the month.
- Display quotes around your home: Print out your favorite February quotes and display them in your home or workspace. This can help to create a positive and uplifting environment that encourages you to stay focused on your goals.
- Share quotes with others: Share your favorite February quotes with friends, family, or on social media. This can help to inspire and motivate others, as well as create a sense of community around the themes of love, resilience, and perseverance.
- Use quotes as journal prompts: Use February quotes as journal prompts to reflect on your experiences and set intentions for the month ahead. This can be a powerful tool for personal growth and self-improvement.
- Memorize a quote: Choose a February quote that resonates with you and commit it to memory. This can serve as a source of inspiration and motivation when you need it most.
Frequently Asked Questions
What are some common themes in February quotes?
Many February quotes focus on themes of love, resilience, perseverance, and growth.
They often reflect on the challenges of the winter season and the importance of staying positive and focused on our goals.
Can February quotes be used for personal growth and self-improvement?
Yes, February quotes can be a powerful tool for personal growth and self-improvement.
By reflecting on the messages in these quotes, we can gain new insights into ourselves and our experiences, and set intentions for personal growth and development.
How can February quotes be used to inspire and motivate others?
February quotes can be shared with others through social media, text messages, or in-person conversations.
By sharing these quotes, we can inspire and motivate others to stay positive and focused on their goals during the winter season.
They can also spark meaningful conversations and help to build a sense of community around themes of love, resilience, and perseverance.
Continue Reading👉🏻: 242 Powerful Quotes To Achieve Success
- 361 Negative Words That Begin With The Letter “Q” - June 1, 2023
- 620 Negative Words That Begin With The Letter “P” - May 31, 2023
- 1064 Negative Words That Begin With The letter “O” - May 31, 2023