Last Updated on August 16, 2023
“Happiness And Health Must Be Earned By Absolute Control Of The Emotional Nature.”
Florence Scovel Shinn quotes focused on the power of positive thinking, the law of attraction, and the spiritual principles that underlie success and prosperity. She was an influential author, teacher, and spiritual leader in the early 20th century.
In this article, we will explore Shinn’s life and work, and discuss some of the key insights and teachings that continue to inspire people today.
Florence Scovel Shinn was born in Camden, New Jersey, in 1871. She was the daughter of a famous artist and illustrator, and grew up in an affluent family.
Shinn studied at the Philadelphia Academy of Fine Arts and later attended New York University, where she earned a degree in literature.
After her education, Shinn worked as an illustrator, designer, and teacher. However, it was her work as a spiritual teacher and author that earned her widespread recognition and influence.
In 1925, Shinn published her first book, “The Game of Life and How to Play It.” This book became an instant success and was followed by several other books, including “Your Word Is Your Wand” and “The Power of the Spoken Word.”
Shinn’s work was notable for its focus on practical, actionable advice that people could use to improve their lives and achieve success.
One of the core teachings in Shinn’s work was the power of positive thinking. She believed that thoughts have a tangible, physical impact on our lives, and that by focusing on positive thoughts and emotions, we can attract positive experiences and outcomes.
Shinn also emphasized the importance of faith and trust in the universe, and the idea that our desires can be brought into reality through the law of attraction.
Another key teaching in Shinn’s work was the importance of taking action towards our goals. Shinn believed that while positive thinking was important, it was not enough on its own. She encouraged her followers to take action towards their dreams and to be persistent in the face of challenges.
Florence Scovel Shinn’s work continues to inspire and influence people today. Her teachings on positive thinking, the law of attraction, and the power of faith have been adopted and adapted by countless other authors, speakers, and spiritual leaders.
Many of her insights and teachings have also been incorporated into modern self-help and personal development literature, making her an important figure in the history of the field.
In addition to her written work, Shinn also conducted popular lectures and classes on spirituality and success. Her teachings were rooted in her belief in the divine power of the universe and the importance of aligning oneself with that power in order to achieve success and prosperity.
Her work also emphasized the role of intuition and personal guidance, encouraging individuals to trust their own inner voice and intuition.
Florence Scovel Shinn was a remarkable figure in the history of spirituality and personal development. Her teachings on positive thinking, the law of attraction, and the power of faith continue to resonate with people today, and her work has been an important influence on the field of self-help and personal growth.
By emphasizing practical, actionable advice and a deep trust in the power of the universe, Shinn’s work has helped countless individuals find success, abundance, and happiness in their lives.
Quotes of Florence Scovel Shinn
1. “A keen observer of life once said, ‘no man can fail, if some one person sees him successful.’ Such is the power of the vision, and many a great man owed his success to a wife, or sister, or a friend who ‘believed in him’ and held without wavering to the perfect pattern!”
2. “Giving opens the way for receiving.”
3. “All that you require is already on your pathway, but you must be wide awake to your good to bring it into your manifestation.”
4. “Bills should be paid cheerfully, all money should be sent forth fearlessly and with a blessing.”
5. “I knew a woman who went about bragging of her troubles, so, of course, she always had something to brag about.”
6. “All disease has a mental correspondence, and in order to heal the body one must first ‘heal the soul’.”
7. “Hope looks forward. Faith knows it has already received and acts accordingly.”
8. “Children are sensitive and receptive to the thoughts of others about them, and often outpicture the fears of their parents.”
9. “Every thought, every word is impressed upon it and carried out in amazing detail. It is like a singer making a record on the sensitive disc of the phonographic plate.”
10. “Anger without power is folly.”
11. “I have a wonderful business, in a wonderful way, and I give wonderful service for wonderful pay.”
12. “All life is vibration. Feel rich, and you attract riches. Feel successful and you become successful.”
13. “Fear is only inverted faith; it is faith in evil instead of good.”
14. “Although some people think that life is a battle, it is actually a game of giving and receiving.”
RELATED: 210 Inspiring Quotes To Motivate Men
15. “Change your thoughts, and in the twinkling of an eye, all your conditions change. Your world is a world of crystallized ideas, crystallized words. Sooner or later, you reap the fruits of your words and thoughts.”
16. “All power is given man (through right thinking) to bring his heaven upon his earth, and this is the goal of the game of life.”
17. “If one asks for success and prepares for failure, one will get the situation he has prepared for.”
18. “If you do not run your subconscious mind yourself, someone else will run it for you.”
19. “The invisible forces are ever working for man who is always ‘pulling the strings’ himself, though he does not know it. Owing to the vibratory power of words, whatever man voices, he begins to attract.”
20. “I look with wonder at that which is before me.”
Powerful Word & Intuition Quotes
21. “Affirm: I am now immune to all hurts and frustrations. The Power within is perfect peace and perfect poise.”
22. “If thou canst believe, all things are possible.”
23. “A man can change his conditions by changing his words. Any man who does not know the power of the word is behind the times.”
24. “Gratitude is the law of increase, and complaint is the law of decrease.”
25. “Acknowledge me in all your ways and I will make plain your path. Remember – despise not the day of small things (or seemingly unimportant events).”
26. “A person who is low-spirited or inharmonious will contract a cold; a happy, fearless person will be immune to germs. For example, a woman goes out in cold weather in evening clothes – lightly clad – but is quite comfortable, for she feels she is looking well and is filled with anticipation for a happy evening. If the same woman is dressed in an unbecoming gown or in a bad humor, she will come back complaining of a cold and discomfort and have a cough the next day. A harmonious person is never vibrating at the same rate as a germ.”
27. “All suffering comes from the violation of intuition.”
28. “Happiness and health must be earned by absolute control of the emotional nature.”
29. “All obstacles now vanish from my pathway. Doors fly open, gates are lifted and I enter the kingdom of fulfillment, under grace.”
Gratitude & Inspirational Quotes
30. “Today is a day of completion; I give thanks for this perfect day, miracle shall follow miracle and wonders shall never cease.”
31. “I do not limit God by seeing limitation in myself. With God and myself all things are possible.”
32. “Unexpected doors fly open, unexpected channels are free, and endless avalanches of abundance are poured out upon me, under grace in perfect ways.”
33. “The game of life is a game of boomerangs. Our thoughts, deeds and words return to us sooner or later with astounding accuracy.”
34. “Man can only receive what he sees himself receiving.”
35. “No man is your enemy, no man is your friend, every man is your teacher.”
36. “Every great work, every big accomplishment, has been brought into manifestation through holding to the vision, and often just before the big achievement, comes apparent failure and discouragement.”
37. “What man condemns in others, he attracts to himself.”
38. “All that is mine by Divine Right is now released and reaches me in great avalanches of abundance, under grace in miraculous ways.”
39. “The first start toward success is to be glad you are yourself.”
40. “When one has made his demands upon the Universal, he must be ready for surprises. Everything may seem to be going wrong, when in reality, it is going right.”
41. “Infinite Spirit, open the way for my great abundance. I am an irresistible magnet for all that belongs to me by Divine Right.”
42. “It would not be necessary to make an affirmation more than once if one had perfect faith.”
43. “Fear and impatience demagnetize. Poise magnetizes.”
44. “Words and thoughts are a tremendous vibratory force, ever moulding man’s body and affairs.”
45. “The trouble with most people is that they want to know the way and the channels beforehand. They want to tell Supreme Intelligence just how their prayers should be answered. They do not trust the wisdom and ingenuity of God.”
46. “Man’s word is his wand filled with magic and power! Man comes into the world financed by God, with all that he desires or requires already on his pathway. This supply is released through faith and the Spoken Word. If thou canst believe, all things are possible.”
47. “Unforgiveness is the most prolific cause of disease. It will harden arteries or liver, and affect the eye-sight. In its train are endless ills.”
48. “I have a magical work in a magical way. I give magical service for magical pay.”
49. “Endless good now comes to me in endless ways.”
50. “Man can only be what he sees himself to be, and only attain what he sees himself attaining.”
51. “We must stop planning, plotting and scheming, and let Infinite Intelligence solve the problem in its own way.”
52. “You must live fully in the now to make your dreams come true.”
53. “I am fully equipped for the Divine Plan of my life.”
54. “Every person is a golden link in the chain of my good.”
55. “When you send out real love, real love will return to you.”
56. “There is no separation in Divine Mind, therefore, I cannot be separated from the love and companionship which are mine by divine right.”
57. “After man knows the truth, he cannot be too careful of his words.”
58. “What is really yours? The blessings you bring to yourself, through your spoken or silent word, the things you see with your inner eye.”
59. “Through his spoken word, man is continually making laws for himself.”
60. “Whatever man feels deeply or images clearly, is impressed upon the subconscious mind, and carried out in minutest detail.”
61. “The Light of the Christ within now wipes out all fear, doubt, anger and resentment. God’s love pours through me, an irresistible magnetic current. I see only perfection and draw to me my own.”
62. “I have a wonderful joy in a wonderful way and my wonderful joy has come to stay.”
63. “One’s ships come in over a calm sea.”
Motivational & Exceptional Quotes
64. “The Chinese say that water is the most powerful element because it is perfectly nonresistant. It can wear away a rock, and sweep all before it.”
65. “So long a man resists a situation, he will have it with him.”
66. “My good now flows to me in a steady, unbroken, ever-increasing stream of success, happiness, and abundance.”
67. “There is no there-there is only here.”
68. “When man can wish without worrying, every desire will be instantly fulfilled.”
69. “Do not neglect the day of small things, for little beginnings have big endings.”
70. “Man’s word is his wand filled with magic and power! Man comes into the world financed by God, with all that he desires or requires already on his pathway. This supply is released through faith and the Spoken Word. If thou canst believe, all things are possible.”
71. “It is man’s divine right to have plenty more than enough.”
72. “No man is a success in business unless he loves his work.”
73. “Whatever man feels deeply or images clearly, is impressed upon the subconscious mind, and carried out in minutest detail.”
74. “Never do today what intuition says to do tomorrow.”
75. “No man gives to himself, but himself and no man takes away from himself, but himself.”
76. “I only desire that which infinite intelligence desires through me. I claim that which is mine by divine right, and under Grace in a perfect way.”
77. “Intuition is a spiritual faculty and does not explain but simply points the way.”
78. “The subconscious mind has no sense of humor and people often joke themselves into unhappy experiences.”
79. “Whatsoever a man soweth that shall he also reap. This means that whatever man sends out in word or deed, will return to him; what he gives, he will receive.”
80. “There is a supply for every demand.”
81. “cast this burden of resentment on the Christ within, and I go free, to be loving, harmonious and happy.”
82. “A person with an imaging faculty trained to image only good brings into his life every righteous desire of his heart.”
83. “Nothing on earth can resist an absolutely non-resistant person.”
84. “Most people consider life a battle, but it is not a battle, it is a game.”
85. “If one is willing to do a thing he is afraid to do, he does not have to face a situation fearlessly, and there is no situation to face; it falls away of its own weight.”
86. “Prayer is telephoning to God and intuition is God telephoning to you.”
Some More Famous Quotes
87. “You will be a failure, until you impress the subconscious with the conviction you are a success. This is done by making an affirmation which ‘clicks.’”
88. “You must form the habit of living in the fourth dimension, “The World of the Wondrous.” It is the world where you do not judge by appearances.”
89. “We cannot always control our thoughts, but we can control our words, and repetition impresses the subconscious, and we are then the master of the situation.”
90. “If one asks for success and prepares for failure, he will get the situation he has prepared for.”
91. “There is for each man, perfect self-expression. There is a place he is to fill and no-one else can fill, something which he is to do, which no-one else can do; it is his destiny!”
92. “The trouble with most people is that they want to know the way and the channels beforehand. They want to tell Supreme Intelligence just how their prayers should be answered. They do not trust the wisdom and ingenuity of God.”
93. “Every great work, every big accomplishment, has been brought into manifestation through holding to the vision, and often just before the big achievement, comes apparent failure and discouragement.”
94. “Unforgiveness is the most prolific cause of disease. It will harden arteries or liver, and affect the eye-sight. In its train are endless ills.”
95. “All that you require is already on your pathway, but you must be wide-awake to your good to bring it into your manifestation.”
96. “Man’s supply is inexhaustible and unfailing when fully trusted, but faith or trust must precede the demonstration.”
97. “You may think that all your happiness depends upon obtaining one particular thing in life; later on, you praise the Lord that you didn’t get it.”
98. “Owing to the vibratory power of words, whatever man voices, he begins to attract.”
99. “This is a day of completion.”
100. “Man can only be what he sees himself to be, and only attain what he sees himself attaining.”
101. “Listening within and trusting the wisdom you hear is the first step to changing your life for the better.”
102. “Man must prepare for the thing he has asked for, when there isn’t the slightest sign of it in sight.”
103. “You must live fully in the now to make your dreams come true.”
104. “You will be a failure, until you impress the subconscious with the conviction you are a success. This is done by making an affirmation which clicks.”
105. “I give thanks for my whirlwind success.”
106. “The Chinese say that water is the most powerful element, because it is perfectly nonresistant. It can wear away a rock, and sweep all before it.”
107. “Behold, I make all things new.”
108. “Never do today what intuition says to do tomorrow.”
109. “Man’s supply is inexhaustible and unfailing when fully trusted, but faith or trust must precede the demonstration.”
110. “Bless your enemy and you will rob him of his ammunition. His arrows will be transmuted into blessings. This law is true of nations as well as individuals. Bless a nation, send love and good-will to every inhabitant, and it is robbed of its power to harm.”
111. “There is a place that you are to fill, something you are to do, which no one else can do.”
112. “Unexpected doors fly open, unexpected channels are free, and endless avalanches of abundance are poured out upon me, under grace in perfect ways.”
113. “All that is mine by Divine Right is now released and reaches me in great avalanches of abundance, under grace in miraculous ways.”
114. “Intuition is a spiritual faculty and does not explain, but simply points the way.”
115. “When you send out real love, real love will return to you.”
116. “You combine with what you vibrate to, so let us all now vibrate to success, happiness, and abundance.”
117. “We must substitute fear for faith, for fear is only inverted faith; it is faith in evil instead of good.”
118. “Every person is a golden link in the chain of my good.”
119. “There are no lost opportunities in Divine Mind, as one door shuts another door is opened.”
120. “There is no there—there is only here.”
121. “When man can “wish away worrying,” every desire will be instantly fulfilled.”
122. “There is a place that you are to fill and no one else can fill, something you are to do, which no one else can do.”
123. “The simple rules are fearless faith, nonresistance and love.”
124. “Behold, I make all things new.”
125. “You will be a failure, until you impress the subconscious with the conviction you are a success. This is done by making an affirmation which ‘clicks.’”
126. “What is really yours? The blessings you bring to yourself, through your spoken or silent word, the things you see with your inner eye.”
127. “I do not limit God by seeing limitation in myself. With God and myself all things are possible.”
128. “Ye have no need to fight, stand ye still and see the salvation of the Lord.”
129. “People little dream of how their affairs react on the body. There is a mental correspondence for every disease.”
130. “The first start toward success is to be glad you are yourself.”
131. “It would not be necessary to make an affirmation more than once if one had perfect faith.”
132. “Now is the appointed time. Today is the day of my amazing good fortune.”
How Quotes Can Be Helpful To Us
Quotes are often thought of as simple, concise statements that capture a profound truth or insight. While they may seem small and insignificant on their own, quotes have the power to inspire, motivate, and provide guidance in our lives.
Here are some ways that quotes can benefit us:
- Inspiration Quotes can inspire us to achieve our goals and pursue our dreams. They can provide a burst of motivation when we’re feeling discouraged or stuck, reminding us of what we’re capable of and encouraging us to keep going.
- Guidance Quotes can also provide guidance and wisdom in times of confusion or uncertainty. They can offer a fresh perspective on a difficult situation, or provide a reminder of our values and priorities.
- Community Quotes can also help us feel connected to others who share our values or goals. By sharing a quote with a friend or posting it on social media, we can start a conversation, share our experiences, and build a sense of community and support.
- Mindfulness Quotes can also help us cultivate mindfulness and self-awareness. By reflecting on a quote and its meaning, we can become more present in the moment, gain insights into our thoughts and emotions, and deepen our understanding of ourselves and the world around us.
How The Quotes Of Florence Scovel Shinn Can Help Us Make Positive Change In Our Lives
Florence Scovel Shinn’s quotes offer insights and inspiration if we are seeking to make positive changes in our lives. Here are some ways in which her quotes can help us:
- Encouraging Positive Thinking
Shinn’s quotes encourage us to focus on positive thoughts and emotions. By adopting a positive mindset, we can attract positive experiences and outcomes in our lives.
- Emphasizing the Power of Words
Shinn’s quotes also emphasize the power of our words and the impact they have on our lives. By choosing our words carefully and speaking positively, we can create a more positive and fulfilling reality for ourselves.
- Encouraging Action
Shinn’s quotes also encourage us to take action towards our goals. Positive thinking is important, but it’s not enough on its own. We must also be willing to take action towards our dreams and persevere in the face of challenges.
- Emphasizing Faith
Shinn’s quotes also emphasize the importance of faith and trust in the universe. By trusting in a higher power and having faith that our desires can be brought into reality, we can manifest positive change in our lives.
Frequently Asked Questions
What Did Florence Scovel Shinn Teach?
Florence Scovel Shinn was an artist, and used her artistic gift in the illustration of books. She was also a teacher. As a New Thought disciple, she taught about its ideas, values, and tenets, and how to incorporate them into a person’s life.
Continue Reading ????: 124 Caring Quotes To Show Compassion To Yourself & Others
- Stromatolites Meanings, Healing Properties and Uses - October 7, 2023
- Green Jade Meanings, Healing Properties and Uses - October 3, 2023
- 125 Powerful Manifesting Affirmations To Achieve Your Dreams - September 21, 2023