Last Updated on August 16, 2023
In a world that can often feel cold and divisive, it’s more important than ever to embrace our shared humanity and strive towards kindness and compassion.
That’s where humanity quotes come in. These powerful words of wisdom remind us of our interconnectedness and inspire us to be kinder, more empathetic, and more loving towards ourselves and others.
Humanity quotes can come from a variety of sources, from spiritual leaders to activists to everyday people who have experienced the power of kindness and compassion first hand.
Some of the most powerful humanity quotes offer a simple yet profound message: that we are all in this together, and that our kindness towards one another can make all the difference in the world.
Whether you’re struggling with personal challenges or grappling with the complexities of a world in turmoil, humanity quotes can offer a source of inspiration and hope.
They remind us that even in the face of adversity, we have the power to choose kindness and empathy over anger and division.
In this article, we’ll explore some of the most powerful humanity quotes for embracing kindness, and examine how they can help us in our daily lives.
From simple reminders to complex insights, these quotes offer a wealth of wisdom for anyone seeking to cultivate greater compassion, connection, and love in their lives.
Whether you’re looking for inspiration to help you navigate personal challenges, or seeking guidance on how to make a positive impact in the world, humanity quotes can be a powerful tool for personal growth and transformation.
So let’s dive in and explore some of the most powerful and inspiring quotes for embracing kindness and embracing our shared humanity.
Humanity Quotes On Success
1. “Humanity, take a good look at yourself, inside. You’re a world – everything is hidden in you.” – Hildegard of Bingen
2. “The sole meaning of life is to serve humanity.” – Leo Tolstoy
3. “Our human compassion binds us the one to the other – not in pity or patronizingly but as human beings who have learnt how to turn our common suffering into hope for the future.” – Nelson Mandela
4. “The true happiness of a man is having clear conscience and being useful for humanity.” – Leo Tolstoy
5. “We are all cells in the same body of humanity.” – Anonymous
7. “Let’s not lose hope in humanity, instead live to help others. We can make a difference.” – Anonymous
6. “Politeness is the flower of humanity.” – Joseph Joubert
8. “I love humanity.” – Albert Einstein
9. “How many disasters do we need to unite humanity.” – Loesje
10. “I hope that people will finally come to realize that there is only one ‘race’ – the human race – and that we are all members of it.” – Margaret Atwood
11. “Here I am. I claim my humanity with no fear and no limits. Here I am.” – Oprah Winfrey
12. “There is no higher religion than human service. To work for the common good is the greatest creed.” – Woodrow Wilson
13. “Find the sweetness in your own heart, then you may find the sweetness in every heart.” – Rumi
14. “Those who teach the most about humanity, aren’t always humans.” – Donald L. Hicks
15. “Humanity’s next state is rising above ourselves for the sake of our common unity.” – Anonymous
16. “In a gentle way you can shake the world.” – Mahatma Gandhi
17. “By serving humanity, I automatically serve myself.” – Vironika Tugaleva
18. “Being human is given. But keeping our humanity is a choice.” – Anonymous
19. “People have become educated but have not become human.” – Abdul Sattar Edhi
20. “Never lose faith in humanity. Humanity is like an ocean; if a few drops of the ocean are dirty, the ocean does not become dirty.” – Mahatma Gandhi
21. “The law of loving others could not be discovered by reason, because it is unreasonable.” – Leo Tolstoy
22. “Love and compassion are necessities, not luxuries. Without them humanity cannot survive.” – Dalai Lama
23. “War is a defeat for humanity.” – Pope John Paul II
24. “We are all connected. When one arm or foot is poisoned, the whole body becomes infected.” – Suzy Kassem
25. “Moral courage is the highest expression of humanity.” – Ralph Nader
26. All labor that uplifts humanity has dignity and importance and should be undertaken with painstaking excellence.” – Martin Luther King
27. “I decided it is better to scream. Silence is the real crime against humanity.” – Nadezhda Mandelstam
28. “Let us have but one end in view, the welfare of humanity; and let us put aside all selfishness in consideration of language, nationality, and religion.” – John Arnos Comenius
29. “Be a good human being, a warm-hearted, affectionate person. That is my fundamental belief.” – Dalai Lama
30. “If you cannot find faith in humanity, be the faith in humanity.” – Anonymous
31. “Teach this triple truth to all A generous heart, kind speech, and a life of service and compassion are the things which renew humanity.” – Buddha
32. “Love is the crowning grace of humanity, the holiest right of the soul, the golden link which binds us to duty and truth, the redeeming principle that chiefly reconciles the heart to life.” – Anonymous
33. “My work is about helping humanity.” – Agnes Denes
34. “Selfless service alone gives the needed strength and courage to awaken the sleeping humanity in one’s heart.” – Sai Baba
35. “Benevolence is the characteristic element of humanity.” – Confucius
36. “Love humanity? Start with one person.” – Gabriel Laub
37. “If you can’t find faith in humanity Be the faith in humanity.” – Anonymous
38. “Who are we as human beings if we ignore the suffering of others?” – Anonymous
39. “We think too much and feel too little. More than machinery, we need humanity; more than cleverness, we need kindness and gentleness. Without these qualities, life will be violent and all will be lost.” – Charles Chaplin
40. “Whoso lives for humanity must be content to lose himself.” – Octavius Brooks Frothingham
41. “Be kind to all creatures.” – Buddha
Kindness & Love Quotes By Mother Teresa
42. “Whatever you do to the least of my brethren, you do it to me.”
43. “Yesterday is gone. Tomorrow has not yet come. We have only today. Let us begin.”
44. “It is not how much we do, but how much love we put in the doing. It is not how much we give, but how much love we put in the giving.”
45. “If you judge people, you have no time to love them.”
46. “I have found the paradox that if I love until it hurts, then there is no hurt, but only more love.”
47. “If you can’t feed a hundred people, then feed just one.”
48. “The hunger for love is much more difficult to remove than the hunger for bread.”
49. “Not all of us can do great things. But we can do small things with great love.”
50. “Let us always meet each other with smile, for the smile is the beginning of love.”
51. “Love cannot remain by itself — it has no meaning. Love has to be put into action, and that action is service.”
Quotes On Humanity About Films & Cartoons
52. “I believe humanity was born from conflict. Maybe that’s why in all of us lives a dark side. Some of us embrace it. Some have no choice. The rest of us fight it. And in the end, it’s as natural as the air we breathe. At some point, we’re forced to face the truth ourselves.” – Kristen Vangsness
53. “The humans have forgotten the gods, destroyed the Earth, and for what? Parking lots? Shopping malls? Greed had burned a hole in their hearts that will never be filled! They will never have enough!” – Luke Goss
54. “You will give the people of Earth an ideal to strive towards. They will race behind you, they will stumble, they will fall. But in time, they will join you in the sun, Kal. In time, you will help them accomplish wonders.” – Russell Crowe
55. “No moral, no message, no prophetic tract, just a simple statement of fact: for civilization to survive, the human race has to remain civilized.” – Rod Sterling
56. “You’ll never be a first class human being or a first class woman until you’ve learned to have some regard for human frailty.” – Cary Grant
57. “There are still faint glimmers of civilization left in this barbaric slaughterhouse that was once known as humanity. Indeed that’s what we provide in our own modest, humble, insignificant… oh, fuck it.” – Ralph Fieness
58. “Time gives legitimacy to its existence. Time is the only true unit of measure. It gives proof to the existence of matter. Without time, we don’t exist.” – Scarlet Johansson
59. “To defeat a monster, you must be willing to throw aside your humanity and all that makes you human.” – Marina Inoue
60. “Life was given to us a billion years ago. What have we done with it?” – Scarlet Johansson
61. “What we hold to be right, and good, and true is right and good and true for all men. Otherwise we’re just another robbertribe.” – Sir Sean Connery
62. “We’re the only species that have crapped up the planet and the only species that can clean it up.” – William Dennis Weaver
63. “I am not an elephant! I am not an animal! I am a human being! I am a man!” – Sir John Hurt
64. “We don’t need AIs to destroy us, we have our own arrogance.” – Cory Johnson
65. “One thing is certain though: Whatever we do in this life, no one gets out of it alive.” – Rolf Lassgard
66. “Who we are is who we were.” – Philip Anthony Hopkins
67. “The longer you know somebody, the more cursed you are to see them as human.” – ED Spellers
68. “You promised me human intelligence… or is there such a thing?” – Mark Ryan
69. “Human interest story” is a euphemism for stories about weak-minded, vulnerable, ignorant people, to fill in newspapers read by vulnerable, weak-minded, ignorant people.” – Steve Coogan
Kindness Humanity Quotes
70. “I’m not concerned with your liking or disliking me… All I ask is that you respect me as a human being.” – Jackie Robinson
71. “If you want to awaken all of humanity, awaken all of yourself.” – Lao Tzu
72. “Never discourage anyone who continually makes progress, no matter how slow.” – Plato
73. “Kindness is the best form of humanity.” – Doris Lee
74. “We cannot despair of humanity, since we ourselves are human beings.” – Albert Einstein
75. “The simplest way to be happy is to do good.” – Helen Keller
76. “Humanity is the virtue of a woman, generosity that of a man.” – Adam Smith
77. “One book, one pen, one child, and one teacher can change the world.” – Malala Yousafzai
78. “Each of us must work for his own improvement, and at the same time share a general responsibility for all humanity.” – Marie Curie
79. “Love life and life will love you back. Love people and they will love you back.” – Arthur Rubinstein
Short Quotes About Humanity
80. “Humanity should be our race. Love should be our religion.” – Unknown
81. “If you judge people, you have no time to love them.” – Mother Teresa
82. “We are not broken, we are just unfinished.” – Dawna Markova
83. “Be the reason someone smiles today.” – Anonymous
84. “You must not lose faith in humanity.” – Mahatma Gandhi
85. “Truth is on the side of the oppressed.” – Malcolm X
86. “Pray for your health first, then pray for humanity.” – Maxime Lagacé
87. “Comedy is the only hope for humanity.” – Roseanne Barr
88. “The perfect normal person is rare in our civilization.” – Karen Horney
Famous Quotes To Know
89. “Embrace with tender affection the whole of humanity, especially the poorest, the weakest, the least important.” – Pope Francis
90. “If we have no peace, it is because we have forgotten that we belong to each other.” – Mother Teresa
91. “This is one small step for a man, one giant leap for mankind.” – Neil Armstrong
92. “We are healthy only to the extent that our ideas are humane.” – Kurt Vonnegut
93. “Everyone thinks of changing the world, but no one thinks of changing himself.” – Leo Tolstoy
94. “Civilization began the first time an angry person cast a word instead of a rock.” – Sigmund Freud
95. “Humanity is an ocean; if a few drops of the ocean are dirty, the ocean does not become dirty.” – Mahatma Gandhi
96. “The bond of our common humanity is stronger than the divisiveness of our fears and prejudices.” – Jimmy Carter
97. “Alone we can do so little; together we can do so much.” – Helen Keller
98. “I hope that people will finally come to realize that there is only one ‘race’ – the human race – and that we are all members of it.” – Margaret Atwood
99. “My humanity is bound up in yours, for we can only be human together.” – Desmond Tutu
100. “I believe that mankind’s destiny lies in the stars.” – Neil Gaiman
101. “Earth provides enough to satisfy every man’s need, but not every man’s greed.” – Mahatma Gandhi
102. “All labor that uplifts humanity has dignity and importance and should be undertaken with painstaking excellence.” – Martin Luther King Jr
103. “The weak can never forgive. Forgiveness is the attribute of the strong.” – Mahatma Gandhi
104. “Benevolence is the characteristic element of humanity.” – Confucius
105. “You cannot hope to build a better world without improving the individuals.” – Marie Curie
106. “Those who teach the most about humanity, aren’t always humans.” – Donald L. Hicks
107. “People have become educated but have not become human.” – Abdul Sattar Edhi
108. “The sole meaning of life is to serve humanity.” – Leo Tolstoy
109. “Be a good human being, a warm-hearted, affectionate person. That is my fundamental belief.” – Dalai Lama
110. “We are all cells in the same body of humanity.” – Anonymous
How can reading humanity quotes be beneficial?
Reading quotes about humanity can be incredibly beneficial in a number of ways.
First and foremost, these quotes can serve as a source of inspiration and motivation, reminding us of our shared humanity and the power of kindness, empathy, and compassion.
In a world that can often feel cold and divided, reading humanity quotes can help us feel less alone and more connected to something larger than ourselves.
In addition to providing inspiration and motivation, reading humanity quotes can also help us cultivate a greater sense of self-awareness and perspective.
By reflecting on the wisdom contained in these quotes, we can gain a deeper understanding of ourselves, our place in the world, and our interconnectedness with all living beings.
Furthermore, reading humanity quotes can help us cultivate greater empathy and compassion towards others.
By putting ourselves in the shoes of those who have experienced hardship and struggle, we can develop a greater sense of empathy and a stronger desire to make a positive impact in the world.
Implementing humanity quotes into daily life can be a powerful way to cultivate greater kindness, empathy, and compassion towards oneself and others.
Here are some tips for incorporating humanity quotes into your daily routine:
- Read and reflect on a humanity quote each day: Choose a humanity quote that resonates with you and take a few moments each day to read it, reflect on its meaning, and consider how you can apply its wisdom in your own life.
- Use humanity quotes as affirmations: Take a humanity quote that speaks to you and turn it into a daily affirmation. Repeat the quote to yourself throughout the day, particularly when you’re feeling stressed or overwhelmed, as a reminder of your shared humanity and the power of kindness and compassion.
- Share humanity quotes with others: Share your favorite humanity quotes with friends, family, or coworkers as a way to spread positivity and inspire others to cultivate greater empathy and kindness.
- Use humanity quotes to spark conversation: Bring up a humanity quote during a conversation with others and use it as a way to start a deeper discussion about the importance of kindness, empathy, and compassion in our lives and in the world around us.
- Live by the wisdom of humanity quotes: Perhaps the most powerful way to implement humanity quotes into daily life is to simply live by their wisdom. Use them as a guidepost for your thoughts, words, and actions, and strive to embody the spirit of kindness, empathy, and compassion in all that you do.
Frequently Asked Questions
What are humanity quotes?
Humanity quotes are wise sayings or phrases that offer insight into the human condition, emphasizing the importance of empathy, kindness, and compassion towards others.
These quotes offer a valuable reminder of our shared humanity, and the importance of treating others with kindness and respect.
Why are humanity quotes important?
Humanity quotes are important because they offer a source of inspiration and motivation, reminding us of the importance of empathy and compassion in our daily lives.
They can also serve as a tool for self-reflection and personal growth, helping us to cultivate greater awareness of our thoughts, words, and actions towards ourselves and others.
How can humanity quotes be used to promote positive change?
Humanity quotes can be used as a powerful tool for promoting positive change in the world.
By sharing them with others, living by their wisdom, and using them as a catalyst for deeper conversations and self-reflection, humanity quotes can inspire individuals and communities to cultivate greater kindness, empathy, and compassion towards one another.
They can also serve as a rallying cry for social justice and a call to action to create a more just and equitable world for all.
Continue Reading ????: 447 Beautiful Thankful Quotes To Express Gratitude And Appreciation
- Stromatolites Meanings, Healing Properties and Uses - October 7, 2023
- Green Jade Meanings, Healing Properties and Uses - October 3, 2023
- 125 Powerful Manifesting Affirmations To Achieve Your Dreams - September 21, 2023