Last Updated on August 14, 2023
“Do not live someone else’s life and someone else’s idea of what womanhood is. Womanhood is you.” ― Viola Davis
I want to take a moment to celebrate all the amazing women out there. Women’s Day is about recognizing the contributions that women have made to our world and acknowledging the ongoing fight for gender equality. Share these inspirational happy womens day quotes with the amazing women in your life and spread positivity and love.
As a woman myself, this day holds a special place in my heart. It’s a reminder that we have come a long way in terms of women’s rights, but there is still so much work to be done.
We still face gender discrimination in many areas of life, from the workplace to politics to personal relationships.But despite the challenges we face, I am continually inspired by the strength and resilience of women.
I have seen firsthand the power of women coming together to support each other, to lift each other up, and to fight for what is right.I think it’s important to take some time today to reflect on the women in our lives who have made a difference.
For me, that includes my mother, who has always been a source of strength and inspiration, and my grandmother, who lived through some of the toughest times in history and still managed to stay positive and hopeful.
It also includes the many women I have worked with over the years, who have taught me so much about what it means to be a strong, capable, and compassionate leader.
These women have pushed me to be my best self, and I am grateful for their mentorship and friendship.
But today is not just about celebrating the women who have already made a difference. It’s also about looking ahead and thinking about how we can continue to push for progress.
We need to keep fighting for gender equality, for equal pay, for reproductive rights, and for an end to gender-based violence.It can be overwhelming to think about all the work that still needs to be done, but I truly believe that together, we can make a difference.
So today, I am celebrating the strength and resilience of women, and I am committing myself to being part of the ongoing fight for gender equality.
Happy Women’s Day to all the incredible women out there. Keep shining your light and making the world a better place.
Inspirational Happy Womens Day Quotes
Empowering Women’s Day Quotes
1. “Human rights are women’s rights, and women’s rights are human rights.” –Hillary Clinton
2. “There is no limit to what we, as women, can accomplish.” –Michelle Obama
3. “The question isn’t who’s going to let me; it’s who’s going to stop me.” –Ayn Rand
4. “Each time a woman stands up for herself she stands up for all women.” –Maya Angelou
5. “One may walk over the highest mountain one step at a time.” –Barbara Walters
6. “One is not born a woman, but becomes one.” –Simone de Beauvoir
7. “I don’t like to gamble, but if there’s one thing I’m willing to bet on, it’s myself.” –Beyoncé Knowles
8. “It’s okay if you fall down and lose your spark. Just make sure that when you get back up, you rise as the whole damn fire.” –Colette Warden
9. “Extremists have shown what frightens them most. A girl with a book.” –Malala Yousafzai.
10. “The most courageous act is to think for yourself. Aloud.” –Coco Chanel
11. “What’s the greatest lesson a woman should learn? That since day one, she’s already had everything she needs within herself. It’s the world that convinced her she did not.” –Rupi Kaur
12. “Woman must not accept; she must challenge. She must not be awed by that which has been built up around her; she must reverence that woman in her which struggles for expression.” –Margaret Sanger
13. “No one can make you feel inferior without your consent.” –Eleanor Roosevelt
14. “A feminist is any woman who tells the truth about her life.” –Virginia Woolf
15. “How wrong it is for a woman to expect the man to build the world she wants rather than to create it herself.” –Anais Nin
16. “I do not wish women to have power over men; but over themselves.” –Mary Shelley
17. “There is no force more powerful than a woman determined to rise.” –W.E.B. Dubois
18. “In our society, the women who break down barriers are those who ignore limits” –Arnold Schwarzenegger
Famous Women’s Day Quotes To Know
19. “One individual cannot possibly make a difference, alone. It is individual efforts, collectively, that makes a noticeable difference — all the difference in the world!” — Jane Goodall
20. “Women don’t need to find a voice, they have a voice, and they need to feel empowered to use it, and people need to be encouraged to listen.” — Meghan Markle
21. “I do not wish women to have power over men; but over themselves.” — Mary Shelley
22. “Whatever women do, they must do twice as well as men to be thought half as good. Luckily, this is not difficult.” — Charlotte Whitton
23. “I love to see a young girl go out and grab the world by the lapels. Life’s a bitch. You’ve got to go out and kick ass.” — Maya Angelou
24. “There is no limit to what we, as women, can accomplish.” — Michelle Obama
25. “Woman must not accept; she must challenge. She must not be awed by that which has been built up around her; she must reverence that woman in her which struggles for expression.” — Margaret Sanger
26. “As women achieve power, the barriers will fall. As society sees what women can do, as women see what women can do, there will be more women out there doing things, and we’ll all be better off for it.” — Ruth Bader Ginsburg
27. “Feminism isn’t about making women strong. Women are already strong. It’s about changing the way the world perceives that strength.” — G.D. Anderson
28.“We need to encourage girls that their voice matters. I think there are hundreds and thousands of Malalas out there.” — Malala Yousafzai
29. “I want to build a community where women of all races can communicate and… continue to support and take care of each other. I want to give women a space to feel their own strength and tell their stories. That is power.” — Beyoncé
30. “We know that when a woman speaks truth to power, there will be attempts to put her down… I’m not going to go anywhere.” — Maxine Waters
31. “It would be a thousand pities if women wrote like men, or lived like men, or looked like men, for if two sexes are quite inadequate, considering the vastness and variety of the world, how should we manage with one only?” — Virginia Woolf
32. “I like being present in spaces where I am not welcome because you do not deserve to feel comfortable just because you’re racist or sexist or small-minded.” — Scaachi Koul
33. “Extremists have shown what frightens them most. A girl with a book.” — Malala Yousafzai
34. “There’s something so special about a woman who dominates in a man’s world. It takes a certain grace, strength, intelligence, fearlessness, and the nerve to never take no for an answer.” — Rihanna
35. “At some point in a woman’s life, she just gets tired of being ashamed all the time. After that, she is free to become whoever she truly is.” — Elizabeth Gilbert
36. “Every woman’s success should be an inspiration to another. We’re strongest when we cheer each other on.” — Serena Williams
37. “I can promise you that women working together — linked, informed, and educated — can bring peace and prosperity to this forsaken planet.” — Isabel Allende
38. “Friends. Sisters. Mothers. Professors. When women affirm women, it unlocks our power. It gives us permission to shine brighter.”— Elaine Welteroth
Short Quotes About Woman’s Day
39. “I’d rather regret the things I’ve done than regret the things I haven’t done.” — Lucille Ball
40. “I’ve been in so many spaces where I’m the first and only Black trans woman or trans woman period. I just want to work until there are fewer and fewer ‘first and only’s.” — Raquel Willis
41. “A feminist is any woman who tells the truth about her life.” — Virginia Woolf
42. “We must not, in trying to think about how we can make a big difference, ignore the small daily difference we can make which, over time, add up to big differences that we often cannot foresee.” — Marian Wright Edelman
43. “There is nothing stronger than a broken woman who has rebuilt herself.” — Hannah Gadsby
44. “One of the most calming and powerful actions you can do to intervene in a stormy world is to stand up and show your soul.” — Clarissa Pinkola Estés
45. “We need women at all levels, including the top, to change the dynamic, reshape the conversation, to make sure women’s voices are heard and heeded, not overlooked and ignored.” — Sheryl Sandberg
46. “You never completely have your rights, one person, until you all have your rights.” — Marsha P. Johnson
47. “Each time a woman stands up for herself she stands up for all women.” — Maya Angelou
48. “If Black women were free, it would mean that everyone else would have to be free since our freedom would necessitate the destruction of all the systems of oppression.” — The Cohambee River Collective
49. “I’m not going anywhere. I’m not shutting up. I will always stand up for women and girls, cis and trans.” — Fae Johnstone
50. “I am not free while any woman is unfree, even when her shackles are very different from my own.” — Audre Lorde
51. “They cannot stand that a refugee, a Black woman, an immigrant, a Muslim, shows up in Congress thinking she’s equal to them. But I say to them, ‘How else did you expect me to show up?’” — Ilhan Omar
52. “The most common way people give up their power is by thinking they don’t have any.” — Alice Walker
53. “We realize the importance of our voice when we are silenced.” — Malala Yousafzai
54. “Do not live someone else’s life and someone else’s idea of what womanhood is. Womanhood is you.” — Viola Davis
Funny Woman’s Day Quotes
55. “Some of us are becoming the men we wanted to marry.” –Gloria Steinem
56. “There’s no evidence whatsoever that men are more rational than women. Both sexes seem to be equally irrational.” –Albert Ellis
57. “A woman is like a tea bag: You can’t tell how strong she is until you put her in hot water.” –Eleanor Roosevelt
58. “I am grateful to be a woman. I must have done something great in another life.” –Maya Angelou
59. “A girl should be two things: Who and what she wants.” –Coco Chanel
60. “If you obey all the rules, you miss all the fun.” –Katherine Hepburn
61. “A strong woman looks a challenge in the eye and gives it a wink.” –Gina Carey
62. “If you want something said, ask a man; if you want something done, ask a woman.” –Margaret Thatcher
63. “Well-behaved women rarely make history.” –Eleanor Roosevelt
64. “Whether women are better than men I cannot say– but I can say they are certainly no worse.” –Golda Mier
65. “Cinderella never asked for a prince. She asked for a night off and a dress.” –Kiera Cass
Inspirational Quotes To Celebrate Woman’s Day
66. “I am a woman with thoughts and questions and shit to say. I say if I’m beautiful. I say if I’m strong. You will not determine my story — I will.” ― Amy Schumer
67. “A woman with a voice is by definition a strong woman.” — Melinda Gates
68. “Man does not control his own fate. The women in his life do that for him.” ― Groucho Marx
69. “A charming woman doesn’t follow the crowd; she is herself.” ― Loretta Young
70. “I believe that the rights of women and girls is the unfinished business of the 21st century.” ― Hillary Clinton
71. “There’s no limit to what we, as women, can accomplish.” — Michelle Obama
72. “A strong woman looks a challenge in the eye and gives it a wink.” — Gina Carey
73. “Fearlessness is like a muscle. I know from my own life that the more I exercise it the more natural it becomes to not let my fears run me.” ― Arianna Huffington
74. “There’s nothing a man can do that I can’t do better and in heels.” ― Ginger Rogers
75. “Women hold up half the sky.” ― Mao Zedong
76. “Men, their rights, and nothing more; women, their rights, and nothing less.” — Susan B. Anthony
77. “I’m tough, I’m ambitious, and I know exactly what I want. If that makes me a bitch, okay.” ― Madonna
78. “My mother told me to be a lady. And for her, that meant be your own person, be independent.” ― Ruth Bader Ginsburg
79. “Do not live someone else’s life and someone else’s idea of what womanhood is. Womanhood is you.” ― Viola Davis
80. “Women are the real architects of society.” ― Cher
81. “I am grateful to be a woman. I must have done something great in another life.” ― Maya Angelou
82. “A woman is like a tea bag – you can’t tell how strong she is until you put her in hot water.” ― Eleanor Roosevelt
83. “Women’s freedom is the sign of social freedom.” ― Rosa Luxemburg
84. “Where there is a woman, there is magic.” ― Ntozake Shange
Inspirational Woman’s Day Quotes
85. “Women must try to do things as men have tried. When they fail, their failure must be but a challenge to others.” –Amelia Earhart
86. “Feminism is not just about women; it’s about letting all people lead fuller lives.” –Jane Fonda
87 “Men are not the enemy, but the fellow victims. The real enemy is women’s denigration of themselves.” –Betty Friedan
88. “Feminism is, I hope, a way to a better future for everyone who inhabits this world. Feminism should not be something that needs a seductive marketing campaign. The idea of women moving through the world as freely as men should sell itself.” –Roxane Gay
89. “A woman with a voice is by definition a strong woman. But the search to find that voice can be remarkably difficult.” –Melinda Gates
90. “The test of civilization is its estimate of women.” –George William Curtis
91. “Think like a queen. A queen is not afraid to fail. Failure is another stepping-stone to greatness.” –Oprah Winfrey
92. “Women are the largest untapped reservoir of talent in the world.” –Hillary Clinton
93. “It is not women’s liberation, it is women’s and men’s liberation.” –Ruth Bader Ginsburg
94. “Woman is the companion of man, gifted with equal mental capacity.” –Mahatma Gandhi
95. “Gender is not an easy conversation to have. It makes people uncomfortable, sometimes even irritable. Both men and women are resistant to talk about gender or are quick to dismiss the problems of gender. Because thinking of changing the status quo is always uncomfortable.” –Chimamanda Ngozi Adichie
96. “Empowering women isn’t just the right thing to do, it’s the smart thing to do.” –Barack Obama
Heart Touching Quotes
97. “Yes, she knows pain, but she is strong. Her heart knows no other way.” –A.R. Asher
98. “Never be ashamed of a scar. It simply means you were stronger than whatever tried to hurt you.” –Unknown
99. “Beauty is about being comfortable in your own skin. It’s about knowing and accepting who you are.” – Ellen DeGeneres
100. “Don’t let anyone tell you you’re weak because you’re a woman.” – Mary Kom
101. “You can always tell who the strong women are. They are the ones you see building one another up instead of tearing each other down.” –Unknown
102. “At the end of the day, don’t forget that you are a person, don’t forget you are a mother, don’t forget you are a wife, don’t forget you are a daughter.” – Indra Nooyi
103. “She never seemed shattered to me; she was a breathtaking mosaic of battles she’s won.” –Matt Baker
104. “Well behaved women rarely make history.” – Women’s Day
105. “The best protection any woman can have is courage.” –Elizabeth Cady Stanton
106. “The world needs strong women who will lift and build others. Who will love and be loved? Women who live bravely, both tender and fierce; women of indomitable will.” –Amy Tenney
107. “I expect woman will be the last thing civilized by man.” –George Meredith
108. “She’s a badass with a good heart. Soft but strong. Unapologetic and honest. She’s the type of woman you go to war beside; the type of woman you marry.” –R.H. Sin
109. “A successful woman is one who can build a firm foundation with the bricks others have thrown at her.” –Unknown
What Are Quotes And How Can They Help Us Improve Our Lives?
We see quotes everywhere – on social media, in books, and even on T-shirts. But have you ever stopped to think about why they are so popular and how they can actually help us improve our lives?
For me, quotes serve as a source of inspiration and motivation. They have a way of putting things into perspective and reminding me of what’s truly important in life.
When I’m feeling down or stuck, a powerful quote can give me the push I need to keep going.But quotes are more than just a temporary boost of positivity. They can also help us shift our mindset and adopt new ways of thinking.
A well-crafted quote can challenge us to see things from a different perspective or encourage us to embrace change.
Of course, not all quotes are created equal. Some are cliché or overused, while others are truly profound and timeless. It’s up to us to seek out the quotes that resonate with us personally and reflect our own values and beliefs.
So next time you come across a quote that speaks to you, don’t just scroll past it. Take a moment to really think about its message and how it applies to your own life.
You might just find that it has the power to change your outlook and improve your overall well-being.
What Are Women’s Day Quotes And How Can They Help Us To Make Positive Change In Our Lives?
I am eager to talk about Women’s Day quotes and how they can inspire us to make positive changes in our lives.
Women’s Day quotes are messages of hope, empowerment, and unity that are meant to uplift and inspire women all over the world.
They come from a variety of sources, from famous leaders and activists to everyday women who are making a difference in their communities.
These quotes can serve as a powerful reminder of the strength and resilience of women and can help us to recognize our own potential.
They can inspire us to speak up for ourselves and others, to push for change in our communities and the world, and to celebrate the accomplishments of women everywhere.
But it’s not enough to simply read these quotes and feel inspired. We must take action to make positive changes in our lives and in the world around us.
Whether that means volunteering, speaking out against injustice, or simply being kind to others, we all have the power to make a difference.
So let’s use Women’s Day quotes as a catalyst for change and let’s continue to celebrate and support the amazing women in our lives. Together, we can create a better, more equitable world for all.
Next Steps – How Can We Incorporate Women’s Day Quotes Into Our Lives
Here are a few strategies for incorporating Women’s Day quotes into our lives:
- Write them down: When you come across a Women’s Day quote that really resonates with you, write it down. You can put it on a sticky note on your desk or in your planner, or even make a pretty sign to hang up in your home.
- Reflect on them daily: Take a few minutes each day to reflect on a Women’s Day quote that speaks to you. Think about how it applies to your life and what you can do to embody its message.
- Share them with others: Spread the love by sharing Women’s Day quotes with the women in your life. You can send them in a text message or email, or even make a post on social media.
- Use them as mantras: Choose a Women’s Day quote that speaks to you and use it as a mantra throughout your day. Repeat it to yourself when you need a little extra motivation or encouragement.
- Take action: Finally, remember that Women’s Day quotes are meant to inspire action. So, think about how you can take action in your own life to embody the messages of empowerment, equality, and unity that these quotes represent.
Frequently Asked Questions
How can Women’s Day quotes help me make positive changes in my life?
Women’s Day quotes can help shift our mindset and inspire us to take action towards positive change in our lives and the world around us.
How do I know which Women’s Day quotes are right for me?
Choose Women’s Day quotes that resonate with you personally and reflect your own values and beliefs.
Continue Reading????????: 73 Of Louise Hay’s Most Influential & Inspiring Quotes To Heal & Transform Your Life
- Stromatolites Meanings, Healing Properties and Uses - October 7, 2023
- Green Jade Meanings, Healing Properties and Uses - October 3, 2023
- 125 Powerful Manifesting Affirmations To Achieve Your Dreams - September 21, 2023