January is a time for new beginnings, fresh starts, and setting intentions for the year ahead.
As we leave behind the previous year and embark on a new journey, we often turn to words of wisdom and inspiration to guide us through the month of January.
Quotes can offer a powerful source of motivation and encouragement, helping us stay focused on our goals and aspirations.
Whether you’re looking to start a new fitness routine, pursue a passion project, or simply cultivate a more positive mindset, there are plenty of quotes out there to help you get started.
From well-known authors and poets to celebrities and philosophers, there’s no shortage of wisdom and insight to draw from.
Some January quotes emphasize the importance of self-reflection and introspection, urging us to take time to examine our values, goals, and priorities.
Others focus on the power of perseverance and resilience, reminding us to keep pushing forward even when the going gets tough.
And still, others offer a gentle reminder to slow down and appreciate the beauty of the present moment.
As we navigate the challenges and opportunities of the new year, January quotes can provide a source of guidance and inspiration.
They can remind us of the potential that lies within each of us and offer a roadmap for achieving our dreams and aspirations.
So, whether you’re feeling stuck, uninspired, or simply in need of a little motivation, turn to the wisdom and insight of January quotes.
With their powerful messages of hope, resilience, and determination, they can help you kick off the year on the right foot and set the tone for a successful and fulfilling year ahead.
Perfect January Quotes To Stay Inspired
1. “JANUARY, The first month of the year, a perfect time to start all over again, changing energies and deserting old moods, new beginnings, new attitudes.” – Charmaine J Forde
2. “The thousands of small birds of January in their smooth soaring cloud finding the trees.” ― Naomi Shihab Nye
3. “This January, Kevin Costner will be honored by the Palm Springs International Film Festival for his contribution to film. This gives Costner just two months to make a contribution to film.” ― Tina Fey
4. “Tomorrow is the first blank page of a 365 page book. Write a good one.” – Brad Paisley
5. “My dad liked how January went with Jones. My sisters’ names are Jina and Jacey Jones.” ― January Jones
6. “I love beginnings. If I were in charge of calendars, every day would be January 1.” — Jerry Spinelli
7. “The first thing [Donald Trump] does on January 20th is take an oath to defend and adhere to the Constitution of the United States.” ― Chuck Todd
8. “For last year’s words belong to last year’s language and next year’s words await another voice.” – T.S. Eliot
9. “Your hair is winter fire January embers My heart burns there, too.” ― Stephen King
10. “I have to admit, in January and February I was in an absolute fuzz. I had no one on board. It wasn’t that I didn’t know what I was doing, but we didn’t have all the pieces put together.” ― Donna Shalala
11. “Through the chill of December the early winter moans… but it’s that January wind that rattles old bones.” ― John Facenda
12. “There is always an opportunity to start again and again, if the old ways are not working last year, look for better ways of doing it in the new year and start again afresh.” – Bamigboye Olurotimi
13. “I co-pastor now, so I preach six months, then another guy preaches six months. So that’s really why I’m preparing for January, because I’ll finish in June; then I’ll be writing and doing other projects for the rest of the year.” ― Max Lucado
14. “Every single year, we’re a different person. I don’t think we’re the same person all of our lives.” – Steven Spielberg
15. “January is the month for dreaming.” ― Jean Hersey
16. “Every moment is a fresh beginning.” – T.S. Eliot
17. “Let us do something incredible this New Year: Let us try to see the world from the window of other cultures!” – Mehmet Murat ildan
18. “Blessing will happen to you and your family throughout the year because you faster in January.” ― Jentezen Franklin
19. “Here is an unchanging truth valid for all the New Year’s: The more you believe in luck, the less successful you will be!” – Mehmet Murat ildan
20. “Once you really know yourself, can’t nobody tell you nothing about you.” – Megan Thee Stallion
21. “January, month of empty pockets! let us endure this evil month, anxious as a theatrical producer’s forehead.” ― Sidonie Gabrielle Colette
22. “December is letting go, Of all the past year’s fails, And starting anew in January, As time again chases its tail.” — Stewart Stafford
23. “New Year is a new morning and a new morning is a new opportunity and a new opportunity is a new path and finally a new path is a new richness!” – Mehmet Murat ildan
24. “Every man should be born again on the first day of January. Start with a fresh page.” ― Henry Ward Beecher
25. “Work hard, never give up and don’t fall in love with yourself .”— Martha Sturdy
26. “Start where you are. Use what you have. Do what you can.” – Arthur Ashe
27. “Honestly, I just go to restaurants to eat so I won’t die. If there was a pill I could take in January and then I wouldn’t have to eat again for the rest of the year, I would take it. Of course, I wouldn’t want to sacrifice my chocolate cake and ice cream.” ― Steven Wright
28. “Don’t wait until February to start living in January.” ― Anthony T. Hincks
29. “No one ever regarded the first of January with indifference.” ― Charles Lamb
30. “This year I invested in pumpkins. They’ve been going up the whole month of October and I got a feeling they’re going to peak right around January. Then bang! That’s when I’ll cash in.” ― Homer
31. “Don’t count the days, make the days count.” – Muhammad Ali
32. “There are two seasonal diversions that can ease the bite of any winter. One is the January thaw. The other is the seed catalogs.” — Hal Borland
33. “I’ve grown most not from victories, but from setbacks. If winning is God’s reward, then losing is how he teaches us.” – Serena Williams
34. “January is my favorite month, when the light is plainest, least colored. And I like the feeling of beginnings.” ― Anne Truitt
35. “The answer is hard work. What are you doing on Christmas Eve? Are you riding your bike? January 1st – are you riding your bike?” ― Lance Armstrong
36. Success isn’t always about greatness. It’s about consistency. Consistent hard work leads to success. Greatness will come.” – Dwayne Johnson
RELATED: 96 Positive Monday Affirmations To Start Your Week Off Right
37. “A goal is just a dream with a deadline.” — Drake
38. “Without Valentine’s Day, February would be… well, January.” ― Jim Gaffigan
39. “Every year is a chess game. New Year is a new chess game! You make the right moves, you win the game!” – Mehmet Murat ildan
40. “Each day is a new beginning, the chance to do with it what should be done and not to be seen as simply another day to put in time.” – Catherine Pulsifer
41. “A bad day doesn’t mean a bad week or a bad month or a bad year.”― Anuj Jasani
42. “It is deep January. The sky is hard. The stalks are firmly rooted in ice.” ― Wallace Stevens
43. “You can get excited about the future. The past won’t mind.” – Hillary DePiano
44. “Look lak she been livin’ through uh hundred years in January without one day of spring.” ― Zora Neale Hurston
45. “Just keep going. Everybody gets better if they keep at it .”— Ted Williams
46. “The beginning is the most important part of the work.” – Plato
47. “Be at war with your vices, at peace with your neighbors, and let every new year find you a better man.” – Benjamin Franklin
48. “What we do is more important than what we say or what we say we believe.” – bell hooks
49. “Drop the last month into the silent limbo of the past and thank God that it can go.” — Brooks Atkinson
50. “If you don’t fall, how are you going to know what getting up is like?” – Steph Curry
51. “The new year stands before us, like a chapter in a book, waiting to be written.” – Melody Beattie
52. “New month, new intentions, new goals, new love, new light, and new beginnings.” — April Mae Monterrosa
53. “January opens the box of the year And bring out days that are bright and clear And bring out days that are cold and gray And shouts, “Come see what I brought today.“ — Leland B. Jacobs
54. “If you wait, all that happens is you get older.” — Larry McMurtry
55. “What the new year brings to you will depend a great deal on what you bring to the new year.” – Vern McLellan
56. “You can waste your lives drawing lines. Or you can live your life crossing them.” – Shonda Rhimes
January Quotes & Sayings For A Fresh Start
57. “I like starting projects in January. That’s the best time to start something. It’s so inward.” — Carolyn Chute
58. “Take a leap of faith and begin this wondrous new year by believing.” – Sarah Ban Breathnach
59. “Sharks are as tough as those football fans who take their shirts off during games in Chicago in January, only more intelligent.” – DAVE BARRY
60. “No one’s ever achieved financial fitness with a January resolution that’s abandoned by February.” — Suze Orman
61. “If you want to be happy, set a goal that commands your thoughts, liberates your energy and inspires your hopes.” – Andrew Carnegie
RELATED: 282 Exciting New Beginnings Quotes To Inspire You To Start Fresh
62. “A good goal is like a strenuous exercise — it makes you stretch.” – Mary Kay Ash
63. “You are never too old to set another goal or to dream a new dream.” – C.S. Lewis
64. “January was a two-faced month, jangling like jester’s bells, crackling like snow crust, pure as any beginning, grim as an old man, mysteriously familiar yet unknown, like a word one can almost but not quite define” – Patricia Highsmith
65. “A dream becomes a goal when action is taken toward its achievement.” – Bo Bennett
66. “A New Year has tiptoed in. Let’s go forward to meet it.” – Anusha Atukorala
67. “It’s harder to stay on top than it is to make the climb. Continue to seek new goals.” – Pat Summitt
68. “Setting goals is the first step in turning the invisible into the visible.” – Tony Robbins
69. “Change can be scary, but you know what’s scarier? Allowing fear to stop you from growing, evolving, and progressing.” – Mandy Hale
70. “Intention without action is an insult to those who expect the best from you.” – Andy Andrews
71. “If you want to live a happy life, tie it to a goal, not to people or things.” – Albert Einstein
72. “January is the worst month. You are fat and broke from the holidays, paler than ever, and you can’t feel your own face when you walk outside.” – Unknown
73. “The trouble with not having a goal is that you can spend your life running up and down the field and never score.” – Bill Copeland
74. “If a goal is worth having, it’s worth blocking out the time in your day-to-day life necessary to achieve it.” – Jill Koenig
75. “Don’t be pushed around by the fears in your mind. Be led by the dreams in your heart.” – Roy T. Bennett
76. “The greater danger for most of us isn’t that our aim is too high and miss it, but that it is too low and we reach it.” – Michelangelo
77. “New year—a new chapter, new verse, or just the same old story? Ultimately we write it. The choice is ours.” – Alex Morritt
RELATED: 167 Exciting Focus Goals Quotes To Help You Achieve Your Desires
78. “You should set goals beyond your reach so you always have something to live for.” – Ted Turner
79. “January? The month is dumb. It is fraudulent. It does not cleanse itself.”- Anne Sexton
80. “We will open the book. Its pages are blank. We are going to put words on them ourselves. The book is called Opportunity and its first chapter is New Year’s Day.”- Edith Lovejoy Pierce
81. “The year is going, let him go; ring out the false, ring in the true.” – Alfred Lord Tennyson
82. “January is the garbage can of movies in America, directly after all the Oscar contenders have been out.” – Michael Caine
83. “The magic in new beginnings is truly the most powerful of them all.”- Josiyah Martin
84. “January is the quietest month in the garden… But just because it looks quiet doesn’t mean that nothing is happening. The soil, open to the sky, absorbs the pure rainfall while microorganisms convert tilled-under fodder into usable nutrients for the next crop of plants. The feasting earthworms tunnel along, aerating the soil and preparing it to welcome the seeds and bare roots to come” – Rosalie Muller Wright
85. “When you see a new year, see realities and limit fantasies!” ―Ernest Agyemang Yeboah
86. “January is the best time of year for gym owners. You all come. It’s great! And then, by Valentine’s Day, you’re not coming in anymore.” – David Kirsch
87. “Call it ‘the New Year’s resolution effect’— it’s why gyms that were crowded in January are only half full in July and why so many slightly used guitars are available on Craigslist.”- Anders Ericsson
88. “Lots of people go mad in January. Not as many as in May, of course. Nor June. But January is your third most common month for madness” – Karen Joy Fowler
89. “New Year’s Day. A fresh start. A new chapter waiting to be written.”- Sarah Ban Breathnach
90. “A year of ending and beginning, a year of loss and finding” ― C.J. Cherryh
91. “I think it would be much more sensible if resolutions began generally on January the second.”- Helen Fielding
92. “To read a poem in January is as lovely as to go for a walk in June” – Jean Paul
93. “This is a new year. A new beginning. And things will change.” – Taylor Swift
94. “I blink January’s lashes and gush down December’s cheeks” ― Sanober Khan
95. “January brings the snow, makes our feet and fingers glow” – Sara Coleridge
RELATED: 113 Marvelous Growth Mindset Quotes To Break Down Barriers To Success
96. “Somewhere along the way, I realized that the new year doesn’t begin for me in January.” – Betsy Cañas Garmon
97. “January looks forward to the new year and back to the old year. He sees past and future” – M. L. Stedman
98. “Treat every day like it’s a new year because it is.” – Temitope Ibrahim
99. “On the first of January let every man gird himself once more, with his face to the front, and take interest in the things that are and are to be, and not in the things that were and are past” – Henry Ward Beecher
100. “Dear world, I am excited to be alive in you, and I am thankful for another year.’”- Charlotte Eriksson Beecher
101. “Feeling a little blue in January is normal” – Marilu Henner
102. “I love the Mediterranean for the fact that winter is over in a minute, and the almond blossom arrives in January.” – Jade Jagger
103. “If January is the month of change, February is the month of lasting change. January is for dreamers… February is for doers.” – Marc Parent
104. “We spend January 1st walking through our lives, room by room, drawing up a list of work to be done, cracks to be patched. Maybe this year, to balance the list, we ought to walk through the rooms of our lives . . . not looking for flaws, but for potential” – Ellen Goodman
105. “January is always a good month for behavioral economics: Few things illustrate self-control as vividly as New Year’s resolutions. February is even better, though, because it lets us study why so many of those resolutions are broken.”- Sendhil Mullainathan
106. “Like January weather, The years will bite and smart, And pull your bones together To wrap your chattering heart.”- Dorothy Parker
RELATED: 177 Motivating New Day Quotes To Begin Afresh With Positive Thoughts
107. “January 26th. The day when nothing remarkable happens to anyone else.” – Ashley Newell
108 “January is here, with eyes that keenly glow, a frost-mailed warrior striding a shadowy steed of snow” – Edgar Fawcett.
109. “The shortest day has passed, and whatever nastiness of weather we may look forward to in January and February, at least we notice that the days are getting longer.” – Vita Sackville-West
110. “January is the coolest month of the year for most of the Caribbean. . . daytime highs are typically comfortably hot, while the nights remain warm.”- Liz Osborn
111. “The first day of January always presents to my mind a train of very solemn and important reflections and a question more easily asked than answered frequently occurs viz: How have I improved the past year and with what good intentions do I view the dawn of its successor?” – Charlotte Brontë
112. “And now let us believe in a long year that is given to us, new, untouched, full of things that have never been.” – Rainer Maria Rilke
113. “If I had my way, I would remove January from the calendar altogether and have an extra July instead.” – Roald Dahl
114. “January is the calendar’s ingrown hair” – Stewart Stafford
How can reading January quotes be beneficial?
Reading January quotes can be incredibly beneficial for several reasons.
First and foremost, they can provide a source of motivation and inspiration as we start a new year.
The beginning of a new year is often a time of reflection and goal-setting, and January quotes can offer guidance and encouragement as we embark on this journey.
In addition, January quotes can help us stay focused on our goals and aspirations.
They can remind us of the potential that lies within each of us and encourage us to push through challenges and setbacks.
They can also offer a new perspective on our lives and the world around us, helping us to see things in a new light.
Moreover, January quotes can help us cultivate a more positive mindset.
They can inspire us to adopt a growth mindset, where we see challenges as opportunities for learning and growth, and they can also remind us to focus on the present moment rather than dwelling on the past or worrying about the future.
Finally, reading January quotes can be a great way to expand our knowledge and understanding of the world.
Quotes from different authors, philosophers, and leaders can offer unique insights and perspectives on life, helping us to broaden our horizons and see things in a new way.
Implementing January quotes into daily life is a great way to stay motivated and focused on your goals and aspirations.
Here are some ways you can do this:
- Write them down: Choose a few January quotes that resonate with you and write them down in a journal or on sticky notes. Place them in areas where you’ll see them often, such as your desk or bathroom mirror, as a reminder of your goals and intentions.
- Repeat them to yourself: Recite your favorite January quotes to yourself throughout the day, especially during moments when you need a boost of motivation or encouragement. Repeat them during your morning routine, while you’re exercising, or before bed to help you stay focused and positive.
- Share them with others: Share your favorite January quotes with friends and family. Not only will this help spread positivity and motivation, but it can also open up a dialogue about your goals and aspirations for the new year.
- Use them as affirmations: Turn your favorite January quotes into affirmations by adapting them to fit your personal goals and intentions. For example, if your goal is to be more patient, you could adapt a quote like “Slow and steady wins the race” into an affirmation like “I am patient and persistent in achieving my goals.”
- Reflect on them: Take some time each day to reflect on the January quotes that resonate with you. Think about how they apply to your life and your goals, and consider how you can apply their wisdom and insight to your daily life.
Frequently asked questions
What are some common themes in January quotes?
Common themes in January quotes include new beginnings, setting goals and intentions, self-reflection, change, and growth.
Many January quotes encourage readers to take action towards their goals and aspirations, and to embrace the opportunities that a new year brings.
There are many famous authors, philosophers, and leaders who have shared their wisdom on the topic of January and new beginnings.
Some of the most well-known include Oprah Winfrey, Tony Robbins, Maya Angelou, Rumi, and Helen Keller.
Can January quotes really make a difference in my life?
Yes, reading and reflecting on January quotes can make a significant difference in your life.
By offering inspiration, motivation, and guidance, January quotes can help you stay focused on your goals and aspirations, cultivate a positive mindset, and expand your understanding of the world.
The key is to find quotes that resonate with you and to actively apply their wisdom and insight to your daily life.
Continue Reading 👉: 110 Thoughtful Quotes For Peace To Bring Calm To Your Life
- 718 Negative Words That Begin With The Letter “R” - June 2, 2023
- 361 Negative Words That Begin With The Letter “Q” - June 1, 2023
- 620 Negative Words That Begin With The Letter “P” - May 31, 2023