Last Updated on August 16, 2023
“Kind words can be short and easy to speak but their echoes are truly endless.” – Mother Teresa
Kindness, it’s something the world could use lots more of, and each and everyone of us can play a part. For me, kindness means being considerate, compassionate, and empathetic towards others. Read on our kindness quotes to know a lot more about bringing happiness and inspiration!
It’s about putting yourself in someone else’s shoes and doing what you can to make their day a little brighter.
It doesn’t have to be anything grand, even the smallest acts of kindness can go a long way.
I try to make kindness a part of my daily routine. For example, I always try to say “please” and “thank you” to those around me, whether it’s to the barista who makes my coffee or the person who holds the door open for me.
These little acts of kindness can make a big difference in someone’s day.
Another way I try to spread kindness is by volunteering. Giving back to my community is important to me, and I love being able to help out in any way I can.
Whether it’s volunteering at a local food bank or participating in a charity event, it’s always a fulfilling experience.
But kindness isn’t just about helping others – it’s also about being kind to yourself. For me, this means taking time to do things that make me happy, like reading a good book or going for a walk in nature.
It’s important to take care of ourselves, so we can be kind and compassionate towards others.
One thing I’ve noticed is that kindness is contagious. When someone does something kind for me, it inspires me to pass that kindness along to someone else.
When I see someone else being kind to someone, it puts a smile on my face and brightens my day.
Unfortunately, we live in a world that can be cruel and harsh at times. But that’s all the more reason to spread kindness wherever we can.
You never know what someone else is going through, and a small act of kindness can make all the difference in their day.
So, my friends, I encourage you to make kindness a part of your daily life. Whether it’s through small acts of kindness or larger acts of volunteering, every little bit counts.
And remember, kindness starts with you. Be kind to yourself, and the kindness will spread to those around you.
Kindness is a powerful tool that can make a positive impact on the world. It’s up to us to choose kindness in our daily lives, and to spread that kindness wherever we can.
Let’s make the world a better place, one act of kindness at a time!
Kindness quotes about caring for others
1. “Kindness is like snow- It beautifies everything it covers.” ― Kahlil Gibran
2. “Love and kindness are never wasted. They always make a difference.” ~ Barbara DeAngelis
3. “Today I shall behave, as if this is the day I will be remembered.” — Dr. Seuss
4. “Kindness makes a fellow feel good whether it’s being done to him or by him.” – Frank A. Clark
5. “A little madness a little kindness makes for happiness.” – Nicole Johnson
6. “What wisdom can you find that is greater than kindness?” ~ Jean Jacques Rousseau
7. “Always try to be a little kinder than is necessary.” ― J.M. Barrie
8. “Choosing kindness is just as easy as smiling.” –Justin Tremblay
9. “If you see someone without a smile, give them one of yours.” – Dolly Parton
10. “Treat everyone with respect and kindness. Period. No exceptions.” – Kiana Tom
11. “Be mindful. Be grateful. Be positive. Be true. Be kind.” ― Roy T. Bennett
12. “Be kind to people on the way up – you’ll meet them again on your way down.” — Jimmy Durante
13. “Simplify, slow down, be kind. And don’t forget to have art in your life – music, paintings, theater, dance, and sunsets.” — Eric Carle
14. “We make a living by what we get, but we make a life by what we give.” — Winston Churchill
15. “Act with kindness, but do not expect gratitude.” – Confucius
16. “The purpose of life is not to be happy. It is to be useful, to be honorable, to be compassionate, to have it make some difference that you have lived and lived well.” ― Ralph Waldo Emerson
17. “The words of kindness are more healing to a drooping heart than balm or honey.” – Sarah Fielding
18. “A tree is known by its fruit; a man by his deeds. A good deed is never lost; he who sows courtesy reaps friendship, and he who plants kindness gathers love.” – Saint Basil
19. “Deliberately seek opportunities for kindness, sympathy, and patience.” –Evelyn Underhill
20. “I’m a big believer in acts of kindness, no matter how small.” – Liam Neeson
21. “Be kind, for everyone you meet is fighting a harder battle.” ― Plato
22. “Let us practice random kindness and acts of senseless beauty to all we meet.” – Paul Keller
23. “I’ve been searching for ways to heal myself, and I’ve found that kindness is the best way.” —Lady Gaga
24. “A gentle word, a kind look, a good-natured smile can work wonders and accomplish miracles.” — William Hazlitt
25. “Be kind, don’t judge, and have respect for others. If we can all do this, the world would be a better place.” — Jasmine Guinness
26. “But remember, boy, that a kind act can sometimes be as powerful as a sword.”― Rick Riordan
27. “Kind people are the best kind of people” – UNKNOWN
28. “For it is in giving that we receive.” – Francis of Assisi
29. “My parents taught me honesty, truth, compassion, kindness and how to care for people.” – Brian Blessed
30. “My religious philosophy is kindness. Try to be kind. That’s something worth achieving.” – Perce Brosnan
31. “Kindness begins with the understanding that we all struggle.” – Charles Glassman
32. “Your acts of kindness are iridescent wings of divine love, which linger and continue to uplift others long after your sharing.” ~ Rumi
33. “When you show people kindness and respect, despite petty differences, you are bringing positive vibes into your life and into the lives of others.” – Jason Scotts
34. “That best portion of a man’s life, his little, nameless, unremembered acts of kindness and love.” ― William Wordsworth
35. “Be kind, for everyone you meet is fighting a hard battle.” — Philo
36. “People shouldn’t have to earn kindness. They should have to earn cruelty.” – Maggie Stiefvater
37. “Kindness is in our power, even when fondness is not.” ~ Samuel Johnson
38. “Sometimes the questions are complicated and the answers are simple.” — Dr. Seuss
39. “The catch phrase for the day is ‘Do an act of kindness. Help one person smile.’” – Harvey Ball
40. “A warm smile is the universal language of kindness.” – William Arthur Ward
41. “Extend yourself in kindness to other human being wherever you can.” – Oprah Winfrey
42. “It is not genius, nor glory, nor love that reflects the greatness of the human soul; it is kindness.” — Jean-Baptiste
43. “Send a drop of kindness, and see a happy face.” — Julie Hebert
44. “Kindness is a sort of love without being love.” –Susan Hill
45. “Be gentle to all and stern with yourself.” – Teresa of Avila
46. “The everyday kindness of the back roads more than makes up for the acts of greed in the headlines.” —Charles Kuralt
47. “Perhaps you will forget tomorrow the kind words you say today, but the recipient may cherish them over a lifetime.” ― dale carnegie
Powerful Kindness Quotes That Will Stay With You
48. “Kindness can become its own motive. We are made kind by being kind.” — Eric Hoffer
49. “Never look down on anybody unless you’re helping them up.” — Jesse Jackson
50. “Kindness is an electrical spark of life that runs through all kingdoms and has a reciprocal action when shown to others.” — Joe Hayes
51. “Your acts of kindness can have a lasting impact on people and the communities in which they live.” – Angela C. Santomero
52. “Spread love everywhere you go. Let no one ever come to you without leaving happier.” — Mother Teresa.
53. “When words are both true and kind, they can change the world.” — Buddha
54. “Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has.” — Margaret Mead
55. “Kindness is always fashionable, and always welcome.” — Amelia Barr.
56. “Helping others isn’t a chore; it is one of the greatest gifts there is.” – Liya Kebede
57. “Be kind whenever possible. It is always possible.” — The 14th Dalai Lama
58. “A kind gesture can reach a wound that only compassion can heal.” — Steve Maraboli
59. “To kindness and love, the things we need most.” — The Grinch
60. “The smallest act of kindness is worth more than the greatest intention.” — Kahlil Gibran
61. “The most beautiful forms of kindness happen in the midst of the everyday rush! Don’t be so quick to hit the close-door button on the elevator. Keep your eyes peeled for someone rushing to make it—one day that could be you!” – Orly Wahba
62. “Carry out a random act of kindness, with no expectation of reward, safe in the knowledge that one day someone might do the same for you.” — Princess Diana
63. “Kindness begins with the understanding that we all struggle.” — Charles Glassman
64. “Human kindness has never weakened the stamina or softened the fiber of a free people.” — Franklin D. Roosevelt.
65. “Sometimes it takes only one act of kindness and caring to change a person’s life.” — Jackie Chan
66. “What wisdom can you find that is greater than kindness?” — Jean-Jacques Rousseau
67. “Do your little bit of good where you are; it’s those little bits of good put together that overwhelm the world.” — Desmond Tutu
68. “To practice five things under all circumstances constitutes perfect virtue; these five are gravity, generosity of soul, sincerity, earnestness, and kindness.” — Confucius
69. “Remember that the happiest people are not those getting more, but those giving more.” – H. Jackson Brown, Jr.
70. “Gratitude is the inward feeling of kindness received. Thankfulness is the natural impulse to express that feeling. Thanksgiving is the following of that impulse.” — Henry van Dyke
71. “Kindness gives birth to kindness.” — Sophocles
72. “No act of kindness, no matter how small, is ever wasted.” — Aesop
Famous Kindness Quotes
73. “No one has ever become poor by giving.” ― Anne Frank
74. “When you are kind to others, it not only changes you, it changes the world.” — Harold Kushner
75. “My religion is very simple. My religion is kindness.” ― Dalai Lama
76. “What wisdom can you find that is greater than kindness?” — Jean-Jacques Rousseau
77. “It takes courage to be kind.” — Maya Angelou
78. “Kindness is always in stock” ― Katy Perry
79. “You’ve been criticizing yourself for years and it hasn’t worked. Try approving of yourself and see what happens.” — Louise L. Hay
80. “Kindness in words creates confidence. Kindness in thinking creates profoundness. Kindness in giving creates love.” ― Lao-Tzu
81. “The greatness of a community is most accurately measured by the compassionate actions of its members, a heart of grace, and a soul generated by love.” — Coretta Scott King
82. “Be kind, for everyone you meet is fighting a hard battle.” ― Ian MacLaren
83. “Kindness can only be repaid with kindness. It can’t be repaid with expressions like ‘thank you’ and then forgotten.” — Malala Yousafzai, I Am Malala
84. “Compassion for animals is intimately associated with goodness of character, and it may be confidently asserted that he who is cruel to animals cannot be a good man.” ― Arthur Schopenhauer
85. “We must learn to regard people less in the light of what they do or omit to do, and more in the light of what they suffer.” ― Dietrich Bonhoeffer
86. “Do your little bit of good where you are; it’s those little bits of good put together that overwhelm the world.” ― Archbishop Desmond Tutu
87. “True beauty is born through our actions and aspirations and in the kindness we offer to others.” ― Alek Wek
88. “Always try to be a little kinder than is necessary.” ― J M Barrie
89. “How do we change the world? One random act of kindness at a time.” — Morgan Freeman
90. “Those who bring sunshine to the lives of others cannot keep it from themselves” — James Matthew Barrie
91. “In the end only kindness matters” ― Jewel
92. “Be the change you wish to see in the world.” — Mahatma Gandhi
93. “I would rather make mistakes in kindness and compassion than work miracles in unkindness and hardness.” ― Mother Teresa
94. “Love and kindness are never wasted. They always make a difference.” — Helen James
95. “We make a living by what we get. We make a life by what we give” — Winston Churchill
96. “The best index to a person’s character is how he treats people who can’t do him any good and how he treats people who can’t fight back.” ― Abigail Van Buren
97. “To kindness and love, the things we need most!” ― The Grinch
98. “You is kind. You is smart. You is important,” ― Kathryn Stockett
99. “To extend yourself in kindness to anybody is an extension in kindness in the world.” — Oprah Winfrey
Kindness Quotes for Kids of All Ages
100. “You will never change what you tolerate.” – Joel Osteen
101. “Know what sparks the light in you, then use that light to illuminate the world.” — Oprah Winfrey
102. “One who knows how to show and to accept kindness will be a friend better than any possession.” — Sophocles
103. “Act with kindness, but do not expect gratitude.” — Confucius
104. “You can only understand people if you feel them in yourself.” — John Steinbeck
105. “Never be so busy as not to think of others.” — Mother Teresa
106. “The words of kindness are more healing to a drooping heart than balm or honey.” — Sarah Fielding
107. “Tenderness and kindness are not signs of weakness and despair, but manifestations of strength and resolution.” —Kahlil Gibran
108. “Kindness is free. Sprinkle it everywhere.” – Unknown
109. “Be kind, for everyone you meet is fighting a hard battle.” — Plato
110. “Great things are done by a series of small things brought together.” — Vincent van Gogh
111. “Be kind to people on the way up—you’ll meet them again on your way down.” — Jimmy Durante
112. “Be the reason someone believes in the goodness of people.” – Karen Salmansohn
113. “Try to be a rainbow in someone else’s cloud.” — Maya Angelou
114. “Love and kindness go hand in hand.” — Marian Keyes
115. “It’s very important to choose kindness and stop bullying.” — Jacob Tremblay
116. “A single act of kindness throws out roots in all directions, and the roots spring up and make new trees.” — Amelia Earhart
117. “Kindness costs nothing but it means everything.” – Unknown
118. “Because that’s what kindness is. It’s not doing something for someone else because they can’t, but because you can.” — Andrew Iskander
119. “When words are both true and kind, they can change the world.” — Buddha
120. “Kindness is a gift everyone can afford to give.” — Author unknown
121. “Be mindful. Be grateful. Be positive. Be true. Be kind.” — Roy T. Bennett
122. “Be nice to strangers. Be nice even when it doesn’t matter.” — Sam Altman
123. “Be kinder to yourself. And then let your kindness flood the world.” – Pema Chodron
124. “What I want is so simple I almost can’t say it: elementary kindness.” — Barbara Kingsolver
125. “Practice random kindness and senseless acts of beauty.” — Anne Herbert
126. “It takes strength to be kind; it’s not a weakness.” — Daniel Lubetzky
127. “Compassion isn’t about solutions. It’s about giving all the love that you’ve got.” — Cheryl Strayed
128. “When you are kind to others, it not only changes you, it changes the world.” — Harold Kushner
Inspiring Kindness Quotes That Will Enlighten You
129. “Kindness is more important than wisdom, and the recognition of this is the beginning of wisdom.” – Theodore Isaac Rubin
130. “You can accomplish by kindness what you cannot by force.” – Pubilius Syrus
131. “Remember there’s no such thing as a small act of kindness. Every act creates a ripple with no logical end.” – Scott Adams
132. “Kindness is like snow- It beautifies everything it covers.” – Kahlil Gibran
133. “We can’t help everyone, but everyone can help someone.” – Ronald Reagan
134. “Do things for people not because of who they are or what they do in return, but because of who you are.” – Harold S. Kushner
135. “Kindness and politeness are not overrated at all. They’re underused.” – Tommy Lee Jones
136. “Unexpected kindness is the most powerful, least costly, and most underrated agent of human change.” – Bob Kerrey
137. “A little thought and a little kindness are often worth more than a great deal of money.” – John Ruskin
138. “Sometimes the hardest kindness to do is for yourself.” – Orly Wahba
139. “Always be a little kinder than necessary.” – James Barry
140. “Sometimes when we are generous in small, barely detectable ways it can change someone’s life forever.” – Margaret Cho
141. “Kindness is spreading sunshine into people’s lives regardless of the weather.” – Raktivist
142. “Western culture places great emphasis on being kind to our friends, family, and neighbors who are struggling. Not so when it comes to ourselves.” – Kristin Neff
143. “You can be a good person, with a kind heart, and still say no.” – Unknown
144. “Never say mean things out of anger. Your anger will pass. But your mean words can scar a person for life. So use kind words or be silent.” – Unknown
145. “When you are kind, you put others in the place of yourself. Self-love becomes unselfishness.” – Lawrence G. Lovasik
146. “Sometimes miracles are just good people with kind hearts.” – Unknown
147. “My religion is kindness.” – Dalai Lama
148. “Nobody can help everybody. But everybody can help somebody.” – Denver Moore
149. “You can never know the ripple effect you create with one tiny gesture of kindness.” – Elle Sommer
150. “Too often we underestimate the power of a touch, a smile, a kind word, a listening ear, an honest compliment, or the smallest act of caring, all of which have the potential to turn a life around.” – Leo Buscaglia
151. “Write it on your heart that every day is the best day of the year.” – Ralph Waldo Emerson
152. “You cannot do kindness too soon, for you never know how soon will be too late.” – Ralph Waldo Emerson
153. “Kind words can be short and easy to speak but their echoes are truly endless.” – Mother Teresa
154. “Among the things you can give and still keep are your word, a smile, and a grateful heart.” – Zig Ziglar
155. “Do small things with great love.” – Mother Teresa
156. “Kindness is loving yourself enough to love those around you.” – Raktivist
157. “Live simply. Love generously. Care deeply. Speak kindly.” – Unknown
158. “Giving kindness does us as much good as receiving it.” – Piero Ferrucci
159. “Every word matters. Speak kindly.” – Unknown
160. “Our visit to this planet is short, so we should use our time meaningfully, which we can do by helping others wherever possible. And if we cannot help others, at least we should try not to create pain and suffering for them.” – Dalai Lama
161. “You can always give something, even if it is just kindness.” – Anne Frank
162. “Selfless acts are the universal language that give a warm smile and more healing.” – Anonymous
163. “To make a difference in someone’s life you don’t have to be brilliant, rich, beautiful, or perfect. You just have to care.” – Mandy Hale
164. “You’re every nice word I can think of.” – Unknown
165. “When you have a bad day, a really bad day, try and treat the world better than it treated you.” – Patrick Stump
166. “If speaking kindly to plants makes them grow, imagine what speaking kindly to humans can do.” – Unknown
167. “Be known for your kindness and grace.” – Unknown
168. “When words are both true and kind, they can change the world.” – Buddha
169. “You cannot get through a single day without having an impact on the world around you. What you do makes a difference, and you have to decide what kind of difference you want to make.” – Jane Goodall
170. “One true nationality is mankind.” – H.G. Wells
171. “We are all suffering from a shortage of kindness.” – Angela C. Santomero
172. “Kind people are my kinda people.” – Unknown
173. “In a gentle way, you can shake the world.” — Mahatma Gandhi
174. “Be the person that makes others feel included.” – Unknown
175. “Wherever there is a human being, we have an opportunity for kindness.” — Lucius Annaeus Seneca
176. “See the light in others, and treat them as if that is all you see.” – Dr. Wayne Dyer
177. “Always be kinder than you feel.” – Unknown
178. “My wish for you is that you continue. Continue to be who you are to astonish a mean world with your acts of kindness.” – Maya Angelou
179 “For when pain is at its most severe the very intensity finds means of ending it. Nobody can be in acute pain and feel it for long. Nature in her unlimited kindness to us has so arranged things as to make pain either bearable or brief.” – Lucius Annaeus Seneca
180. “Life’s way too short to be grumpy.” – Sara L. Clarke
What Are Quotes And How Can They Help To Improve Our Life?
Have you ever come across a quote that really resonated with you? For me, quotes are like little nuggets of wisdom that can inspire, motivate and uplift us.
They’re words of encouragement that we can carry with us throughout our day.
Quotes can help us to improve our lives in many ways. They can give us a new perspective, help us to stay focused on our goals, and remind us to be grateful for what we have.
Whenever I’m feeling down or unmotivated, I like to read some of my favourite quotes to help me get back on track.
Overall, quotes are a great way to add positivity and inspiration to our lives. They can help us to stay motivated, uplift our spirits, and remind us of the things that truly matter.
So next time you’re feeling lost or uninspired, try reading some of your favorite quotes and see how they can help to improve your life.
What Are Kindness Quotes And How Can They Help Us To Make Positive Change in Our Life And In The Lives Of Others?
Kindness quotes are a collection of words and phrases that encourage us to be kind and compassionate towards ourselves and others.
They serve as reminders that even the smallest act of kindness can have a positive impact on someone’s life.
For me, kindness quotes are like little nudges towards the right direction. They remind me to be patient and understanding, to put myself in other people’s shoes, and to always strive to make a positive difference in the world.
Kindness quotes can also inspire us to take action towards positive change. They encourage us to be the change we want to see in the world and to do our part in making it a better place.
They remind us that we all have the power to make a difference, no matter how small.
In short, kindness quotes are powerful tools that can inspire us to be better people and to make a positive impact in the world.
Let’s embrace kindness in our daily lives and spread it wherever we go.
Next Steps – How To Incorporate Kindness Quotes Into Your Life
If you’re looking to incorporate kindness quotes into your daily life, here are some strategies that have worked for me:
- Write down your favorite kindness quotes in a journal or notebook. This way, you can refer back to them whenever you need a little reminder.
- Post your favorite kindness quotes in places where you’ll see them frequently, such as on your refrigerator or on your computer desktop.
- Use kindness quotes as a daily affirmation. Choose a quote that speaks to you and repeat it to yourself each morning as a reminder to be kind throughout the day.
- Share kindness quotes with others. Send a quote to a friend who’s having a bad day, or post a quote on social media to spread a little positivity.
- Incorporate kindness quotes into your home decor. Create a canvas or a piece of artwork featuring your favorite kindness quote and display it in a prominent place in your home.
- Use kindness quotes as a way to spark conversation. Bring up a quote during a conversation with a friend or family member as a way to start a discussion about kindness and compassion.
Frequently Asked Questions
What are kindness quotes?
Kindness quotes are a collection of words and phrases that encourage us to be kind and compassionate towards ourselves and others.
How can kindness quotes help me?
Kindness quotes can help you to stay motivated, uplift your spirits, and remind you of the things that truly matter. They can also inspire you to take action towards positive change.
How can I incorporate kindness quotes into my life?
You can incorporate kindness quotes into your life by writing them down in a journal, posting them in places where you’ll see them frequently, using them as a daily affirmation, sharing them with others, incorporating them into your home decor, and using them as a way to spark conversation.
Continue Reading ????: 110 Inspirational Humanity Quotes For Embracing Kindness
- Stromatolites Meanings, Healing Properties and Uses - October 7, 2023
- Green Jade Meanings, Healing Properties and Uses - October 3, 2023
- 125 Powerful Manifesting Affirmations To Achieve Your Dreams - September 21, 2023