The kingfisher, an astounding yet striking bird. They are beautiful, but what do they mean for your spiritual journey? While they symbolize determination, courage, and abundance, there is so much more we can learn from these little birds.
In this article, we are going to learn about these gorgeous birds and find out how they can be important for your spiritual development and help you through your life.
So, without further ado, let us begin by looking at what the kingfisher as a spirit animal can mean for you.
RELATED: Finch: Spiritual Meaning, Dream Meaning, Symbolism & More
Kingfisher Spirit Animal Meaning
If you are seeing kingfishers in your waking life, your dreams, or even feeling a partially close bond with these birds, it can be the kingfisher manifesting to guide you through certain parts of your life.
When the kingfisher shows up in your life, it can mean that there will be times of abundance and peace. You may have finally reached the point where you can reap the harvest of your labors. But the kingfisher brings us back to real life and shows us that we must appreciate what we have and not misuse our blessings.
The kingfisher often makes an appearance in our lives when a specific fear is present. It can be any number of things that are personal to you. They show us that we must have courage and battle our fears head-on. The kingfisher reminds us that we must change fear into anticipation and not let it get the better of us.
This spirit animal typically brings new things to your life, this could be anything from a new career option, a new partner, or perhaps the development of a skill you have been dying to take on. Regardless, the kingfisher is there to keep you focused on the task at hand. All while having fun while you do it.
Kingfisher Totem Animal Meaning
Those of us that are born under the kingfisher totem typically strike a balance between pleasure and productivity, which a lot of people would be jealous of. They are unlikely to do something if it means sacrificing their overall happiness.
If you have this totem, you may feel at ease when you are near water. It may bring a sense of calm and peace to you that no other place does.
The kingfisher is a bold totem and shows you the benefits of diving headfirst toward your goals. They are confident but sometimes egotistical. This totem is all about showing you balance. Thus, you can apply this to the people around you or even a project you strive toward.
The kingfisher totem helps you stay focused even when life is spiraling out of control. This hunter shows us that we must wait patiently. Eventually good will come while poised for action and maintaining our patients.
RELATED: Hummingbird: Spiritual Meaning, Dream Meaning, Symbolism & More
Kingfisher Power Animal Meaning
The kingfisher is a powerful spirit animal and one that will allow you to tap into your fearless and bold side.
They show you how you can adapt to new terrain and highlight that determined and bold streak in you that allows you to take risks and achieve much more than you could ever imagine.
If you need fortitude and the ability to persevere through tough times, calling on the kingfisher will certainly help you to take on tough challenges.
When you need to sharpen your mind and develop your spiritual awareness, calling on the kingfisher will help you achieve both of these things and help you through tough times you need to transition through.
RELATED: Cardinal: Spiritual Meaning, Dream Meaning, Symbolism & More
The Meaning of Kingfishers in Dreams
- Kingfisher: These birds are typically symbolic of abundance and honor.
- A Kingfisher Diving into Water: When you see a kingfisher diving into the water, it is a sign that you need to ‘dive’ into something new and unknown. Perhaps you have been putting off something you have always wanted to do. The kingfisher tells us that we must take on that thing and dive into it headfirst. Show courage and just do it.
- A Kingfisher Catching a Fish: If you see a kingfisher that has caught a fish, it can be a sign that you need to take advantage of an opportunity and that this opportunity might yield good things for you.
- A Brightly Colored Kingfisher: If you see a kingfisher that is beautiful and brightly colored in your dream, it is an indicator that you will have good luck in the near future.
- A Pregnant Woman Dreams of a Kingfisher: The kingfisher is a beautiful bird and if a woman that is pregnant dreams of a kingfisher, it is said that she will give birth to a beautiful daughter.
- A Worker Dreams of a Kingfisher: If someone that is a staff member or worker in a company dreams about a kingfisher, it might mean that things in their place of work will go well and that a promotion may come to them soon.
- A Businessman Dreams of a Kingfisher: When the owner of a business or a businessman dreams about a kingfisher, it is a sure sign that they are doing well and a great deal of money is coming in.
- A Civil Servant Dreams of a Kingfisher: This is an auspicious dream that things are starting to look up and that their situation will start to improve.
- An Unmarried Person Dreams of a Kingfisher: If you are single and dream about a kingfisher, it is a sign that you will soon meet a new lover, and it is likely that you do not know them. You could end up meeting them anywhere, from the gym to the library. It is important to embrace this new love and allow it to take hold.
The Meaning of Kingfishers in Tattoos
The kingfisher is a beautiful and courageous bird that has great meaning in our society. While it is important to understand the existing meaning behind kingfisher tattoos, it is more important to create your own meaning for these regal hunters.
So, let us take a look at some of the main meanings behind this little bird in the tattoo world:
- Bravery and Courage: Kingfishers are renowned for being brave little birds, they courageously live in a world that is harsh for them and come out on top. These hunters dive into the deep watery unknown with courage, which is why they are often seen to symbolize bravery or courage.
- Good Luck: These birds are typically seen as good luck, so some people get tattoos of them to symbolize the idea that they will always have luck on their side.
- Peace: While the kingfisher is a hunter, they are frequently seen as peaceful birds. This might be because of the calm and peaceful way that they sit a
- Beauty: Kingfishers are beautiful birds, it is no surprise that they frequently symbolize beauty. There is even some dream symbolism that states a pregnant woman who sees a kingfisher in her dreams will have a beautiful daughter.
- Creativity: With the bright colors and flashy patterns, it is little wonder that these amazing birds are typically symbolic of creativity in tattoos.
- Prosperity: A kingfisher is a sign of prosperity, the royal blue coloring that many of them have is just one thing that symbolizes this richness and wealth.
Once again, there are a great many meanings we can give to the kingfisher, new beginnings, prosperity, fertility, patience and so many more. It is most important to find your own meaning and get a tattoo that means something to you personally.
RELATED: BlackBird: Spiritual Meaning, Dream Meaning, Symbolism & More
The Meaning of Kingfisher in Astrology and the Zodiac
While there is not a specific zodiac for the kingfisher, they do fall into the category of the primal bird of paradise zodiac. But, what does it mean when someone has this sign? Let us have a look and find out.
Those under this primal zodiac sign are well known for being attention seekers, who are always on the lookout for adventure. Their main goal is to make the most of their time, and so tend to make big plans.
They are extremely confident that they will achieve their goals, and at the same time they are able to stay humble. Because of this, they take life as it comes and enjoy even the little things.
But, people with this sign often takes on more than they can handle. This makes it easy for them to lose their way and take a path not meant for them.
But this determined sign will chase their dreams to the end of the earth and back again if it means they achieve their dreams and goals. The birds of paradise signs are confident, outgoing, and likable. So most people tend to take a shine toward this flashy and charismatic person.
If you meet a bird of paradise, you will either love or hate them. They are extroverted and have big personalities, which some people might find overly confident. But many also love these social signs. Because of this, they attract a lot of attention.
When it comes to romance, they can have a tough time. Their big personalities make it hard for signs that are shyer, and also their blunt honesty can be seen as offensive to some. They need a partner that can keep up with them and fly just as high as they do.
The main difficulty with the bird of paradise sign is that they often feel the need to downscale their dreams to make room for romance and a family. Because of this, they can easily end up unhappy with their lot in life.
But, when they find that perfect partner that balances them. This sign will be able to achieve their dreams as well as being able to have a meaningful and full relationship.
RELATED: Albatross: Spiritual Meaning, Dream Meaning, Symbolism And More
The Symbolic and Spiritual Meaning of the Kingfisher
Kingfishers are surrounded by legend and superstition, and through the years we have found many meanings that we have assigned to these amazing birds.
From both a symbolic and spiritual sense we can learn a lot about the kingfisher and in this final section of the article, we are going to explore the spiritual and symbolic meanings behind this bird.
Some of these meanings are as follows:
- Luck: This bird is considered lucky because of the way that it so easily finds food and treasures even when it is diving into the murky water.
- Wisdom: The kingfisher dives into the water with conviction and perfectly planned positioning, this is one reason they are considered to be so wise.
- Enjoy Life: The royal blue and bright colors of these birds are often seen as a sign that we must enjoy life. They find a way to both be productive and enjoy themselves.
- Perceptive: The keen eyes of these birds take in their surroundings with extreme detail. From the depth of the water to the exact location of fish beneath the water surface. This perceptive bird keenly observes everything.
- Encouragement: These brightly-colored birds remind us that we need to stay faithful and overcome our fears. Just like the kingfisher dives into the unknown depths, so we must take on what scares us.
That is all for this article, we hope that you have learned a lot about the noble and beautiful kingfisher, as well as finding out about the spiritual and symbolic relevance they might have in your life.
If you need a degree of courage to take on a new and scary part of your life, you can be sure that the brave little kingfisher will be there to guide you through it and help you come out on top.
RELATED: Blue Jay: Spiritual Meaning, Dream Meaning, Symbolism & More
- 718 Negative Words That Begin With The Letter “R” - June 2, 2023
- 361 Negative Words That Begin With The Letter “Q” - June 1, 2023
- 620 Negative Words That Begin With The Letter “P” - May 31, 2023