It is one of the most expensive gemstones in the world. They are known for their brilliant luster and shine. The pink diamond is rare, found naturally primarily in Western Australia.
However, you can also source them in India, Brazil, and Russia. The film Blood Diamond (2006) depicted the real-world struggles of obtaining these gemstones.
Gemstones are a type of semi-precious stone that comes in a variety of colors. These gemstones come in a range of colors, including light pink.
In fact, light pink is one of the most popular colors when it comes to gemstones. The color of these stones ranges from pale pink to bright fuchsia.
What Are Light Pink Gemstones?
Pink gemstones are often associated with love and romance. Some believe that wearing them brings good luck and happiness.
If you want to wear something special, consider buying a pair of pink gemstone earrings. Light pink is one of the most demanded gemstone colors, partially because of its gorgeous aesthetic value.
However, pink gemstones are not just valued for their aesthetic. Many believe that these gemstones have powerful healing properties.
For instance, they can help reduce stress levels and improve your mood. They also promote feelings of calmness and serenity.
Thus, you may want to invest in one of these gemstones not just because of how they look, but also because they could provide emotional healing.
Pink Gemstones: Types & Properties
There is a wide range of pink gemstones. Some main types include:
The first and perhaps most obvious pink gemstone is amethyst. Amethyst has been used as a symbol of love and peace for centuries.
It was believed that this gemstone would bring lovers together. This belief stems from the purple and pinkish hue of the gemstone.
Amethyst has become renowned for its peace-inducing properties. When worn, it will help you feel more relaxed and peaceful.
You can use it to enhance your meditation practice or simply to relax after a stressful day at work. If you are experiencing emotional distress, amethyst will relieve your symptoms.
Though it is often considered purple, amethyst does come in shades of pink. However, if you are looking for a purely light pink gemstone, you may want to try one of the alternatives below.
Rose quartz is one of the most stunning gemstones. It has a magnificent light pink color scheme. In fact, the gemstone gets its name from this gentle shade of pink.
As such, it makes an excellent choice for anyone who wants to express their romantic side. Rose quartz is known to be a very loving gemstone. It’s said to attract positive energy into your life.
Because of this, rose quartz is linked to Valentine’s Day and other expressions of romantic love. However, it can also encapsulate other forms of love, such as familial or platonic.
Consequently, rose quartz is believed to possess healing powers when it comes to emotional wounds.
Rose Quartz can be found in Brazil, India, and the United States. It is fairly common, meaning that it is relatively inexpensive when compared to other gemstones.
Rose Quartz is best-suited to the Taurus star sign, allowing the people with this sign to be more compassionate and loving.
This type of stone is usually found in Brazil. It is often used for earrings and necklaces. It is a beautiful gemstone that comes in various shades of pink. It is also called fancy pink sapphire.
Though sapphires are normally blue, you can also acquire pale pink varieties. These pink sapphires come in an array of shades, with some being lighter than others.
While some are light pink, others appear more purple or red. Because of this, they are considered very similar to red rubies.
This gemstone is incredibly durable, being a number nine on the Mohs scale of hardness. Therefore, it makes a great choice for jewelry because it is unlikely to be broken.
The main downside is that pink sapphire is quite rare. If you are able to get your hands on it, a pink sapphire will make for a gorgeous gift.
Next, pink topaz is a more vibrant variety than the usually colorless standard topaz. Like pink sapphire, it comes in a range of colors, including light pink, orange, blue, and even yellow.
However, topaz is often treated to achieve some of these shades. Gems with these colors are called imperial topazes.
A pink topaz can symbolize a lot of characteristics, including love, prosperity, and luck. It is linked with the throat chakra.
This means that those who wear it will experience better communication skills. They will also have a stronger sense of self-confidence. Pink topaz is also associated with the heart chakra. This allows the wearer to develop compassion and empathy.
Akin to some other gemstones in this list, opal can be obtained in a variety of colors. Most commonly, it comes in a dark brownish hue. However, there are some that are light pink, which is why they are sometimes referred to as fancy opals.
Opals are most commonly the birthstone of November. Thus, if you like their pink coloring, you may consider getting one of these opals if you are born in November.
In terms of their coloring, pink opals can vary from pastel to baby pink. Normally, they are opaque, meaning that you cannot see through these gemstones. However, they can look translucent at times.
Pink opals, which often originate in Peru, are linked to emotional healing. When worn by someone who has experienced trauma, it can help them overcome their fears.
Moreover, a pink opal can provide a sense of stability and balance to your mental state.
Pink diamonds are mostly used for engagement rings, though they will set you back a lot of money. Because of their rarity, these diamonds are extremely expensive.
In fact, the only type of diamond that is more expensive is the red diamond. You will likely end up spending approximately $10,000 for each carat of a light pink diamond.
For more vibrant pink diamonds, you will likely end up spending even more.
These light pink crystals have become increasingly popular in the last few decades. They are bought more and more as engagement rings.
Part of the reason for this may be that quite a few celebrities have donned pink diamond engagement rings. For instance, Jennifer Lopez received a pink diamond ring when Ben Affleck proposed to her in 2002.
Because of their usage in rings, pink diamonds have become symbols of love and romance. It is not yet known how they get this light pink coloring, though it is believed to be natural.
There are eight different color varieties of pink diamonds, with some being on the lighter end of the spectrum while others are darker.
Morganite is one of the few gemstones in this list that is predominantly pink. The stone is usually colored pink or lavender, but it can come in many other hues as well.
For example, orange is a common shade. They tend to come in champagne or soft pink colors. Deep pink varieties tend to be more valuable than paler morganites.
As of 2010, it has increased in popularity. Before this date, few jewelry shops sold morganite. Today, it is much more commonly found.
The main reason behind its increase in popularity is because of its link to love and romantic relationships. As a result, morganite rings are much more common than they used to be.
Pearl jewelry is a great way to add a pop of color and sophistication to any outfit. While pearls come in many shapes and sizes, they all share the same basic structure. Pearls are produced in a rather bizarre way, having been created inside a mollusk.
Though white pearls are the most common variety, we adore the pink variations. However, very few are naturally pink. As a consequence, they are very expensive and sought-after.
Genuine pearls are incredibly valuable and rare. You can purchase fake pearls for a more affordable price, though they rarely manage to capture the iridescent quality of real pearls. It will be much easier to get synthetic pink pearls than genuine ones.
If you want to buy genuine pearls, then you should visit a reputable pearl dealer. Otherwise, you might end up buying a cheap imitation instead.
Though these fake pearls are considerably more budget-friendly, they are not as high-quality as the real deal.
People commonly wear pearls as necklaces or earrings. If you want to add some variety to your wardrobe, you should consider wearing pink pearl jewelry instead.
Fluctuating from pastel pink to purple, kunzite comes in a wide range of light pink shades. These stones are often mistaken for amethyst due to their similar appearance.
Kunzite is actually a form of quartz. They get their purple/pink coloring from small amounts of manganese.
The name “kunzite” was coined by geologist George Fredrick Kunz, who discovered the gemstone in 1902. You can locate the crystal in a number of places, such as Afghanistan, Brazil, Canada, Sweden, and the United States.
If you like the sound of some of these crystals, you will adore rhodonite. It has a pink shade that is corrupted with elements of black.
This is because the rhodonite can combine with the black manganese. This gives it a contrasting pink and black aesthetic that is incredibly unique.
Furthermore, you can find reddish-hued rhodonites if you prefer this color. Rhodonite is considered an ornamental stone.
Lastly, pink tourmaline is yet another beautiful light pink crystal for you to consider. This stone comes from Brazil and India. Like most stones in this category, it tends to be somewhat expensive.
On the other hand, the cost can vary depending on the size and color of the crystal.
Interestingly, most tourmaline tend to display multiple colors. It is quite hard to find a tourmaline that is completely one shade of pink. If you are able to find a specimen like this, it could be worth a lot of money.
Which Gemstone Should I Pick?
If you are trying to decide which gemstone you should choose for either yourself or another, there are a variety of factors that you should consider.
Though all the pink gemstones listed above are gorgeous, they may not be the right fit. If you are deciding a crystal for jewelry, such as an engagement ring, it is especially important for you to make the right pick.
Here are some of the factors that will impact your decision:
- Color – Do you want a specific shade of pink or do you just want something that looks pretty? When purchasing a piece of jewelry, you should try to match the color of the stone to the outfit you plan on wearing. For example, if you are going out to dinner in a green dress, you probably don’t want to wear a pink diamond necklace. Find a color that both appeals to you and is versatile, meaning that it can match with an assortment of outfits. Thankfully, there are tons of attractive colors out there for you to try.
- Size – Are you looking for a large or small stone? A larger stone will look better when worn on a bigger setting. If you have a big budget, you might opt for a bigger stone. After all, the price will likely go up accordingly. On the other hand, a smaller stone can look more elegant in a smaller setting.
- Carat – jewels are often measured in carat. 24 is the highest possible carat, the rating given to gold. Usually, high carat ratings relate to high-quality products. Unfortunately, you will likely need to spend more money on purer jewels. The lower the carat, the cheaper the stone.
- Cut – Cut refers to how well a jeweler cuts the stone. There are different grades of cut, ranging from poor to excellent. Poorly cut gems are typically less valuable than those that were cut by a professional. You can also get a rough cut that is much cheaper than a polished one. A rough cut does not always mean that the stone is inferior. In fact, many people love rough cuts because they feel more natural. You should try to find a cut that complements the stone. For example, it should make the light bounce off the gemstone appealingly.
- Clarity – Clarity refers to whether the stone is clear or cloudy. Clear stones are generally easier to see through and are therefore more desirable. They also tend to be more valuable. This is because they have a more polished look. Meanwhile, gemstones that are not very clear have more rugged aesthetics.
- Shape – Some crystals come in round shapes while others are rectangular. Round stones are typically more expensive than their rectangular counterparts. Rectangular stones are usually more affordable. Of course, this is not always the case. Regardless, you should get a gemstone cut in whatever shape appeals to you most. Bear in mind that you may have to pay more money for complex shapes.
- Metals Present – if you are identifying a light pink gemstone to use for jewelry, you should also take into consideration the metal that accompanies it. Gold is the most popular choice among consumers. However, silver is becoming increasingly popular. It is also worth noting that colored metals are rarer than white ones. Therefore, you should think about what type of metal you prefer before making your purchase.
- Cost – last of all, you should also think about the cost. How much are you willing to spend on a particular item? Remember that diamonds are one of the most expensive materials in the world. As such, you should only buy them if you want them and have a sufficiently sized budget. Otherwise, you could end up spending too much money.
Frequently Asked Questions
What Do Pink Gemstones Symbolize?
Pink gemstones symbolize femininity, gentleness, and tenderness. These are some main reasons why pink gemstones are so popular.
They are also associated with love, affection, and romance. Hence, they are perfect engagement rings or anniversary gifts. Pink crystals can represent the deep love that you feel for someone.
Where Can I Buy Pink Gemstones?
If you are looking for pink gemstones, then you should visit a reputable online store. Here, you will find a wide variety of pink gemstones at reasonable prices. Be sure to use a store with a good reputation when shopping online.
Most jewelry stores will offer a wide variety of pink jewelry. After all, this is an incredibly popular gemstone color. If you are buying for yourself, you will be able to try the ring on yourself.
Not only will this guarantee that it is the right size, but it will also mean that you can find one that suits you. This is one of the main advantages of shopping in person.
Ultimately, we hope that this guide to light pink gemstones will help you find the right crystal for you.
Whether you want to find one to use as a healing crystal or the perfect gemstone for an engagement ring, this guide will help you to better understand these beautifully colored gemstones.
- 22 Most Popular Viking Symbols (Norse Mythology) - August 3, 2022
- Angel Number 202 Meaning: You Need Self-Belief In Your Life! - August 1, 2022
- Vegvisir Symbol (Norse Mythology and Modern Times) - July 29, 2022