Last Updated on August 16, 2023
Life is a journey full of ups and downs, twists and turns, and unexpected challenges. It can be easy to get lost in the chaos of daily life and lose sight of what truly matters. This is where mottos to live by come in.
A motto is a short phrase or statement that encapsulates your beliefs, values, and guiding principles.
When we live by a motto, it helps us to stay focused on what truly matters, make decisions with intention and purpose, and ultimately lead a more meaningful life.
Mottos to live by can come in many forms, from inspirational quotes to personal mantras.
They can be simple or complex, but they all share a common purpose: to guide and inspire us on our journey through life.
Whether you’re looking to live a more purposeful life, achieve your goals, or simply find more joy and fulfillment in your day-to-day experiences, mottos to live by can provide the guidance and inspiration you need to make it happen.
In this article, we will explore some of the most powerful and inspiring mottos to live by for a meaningful life.
From “live in the moment” to “be the change you wish to see in the world,” these mottos are designed to inspire and motivate you to live your best life, on your own terms.
We will explore the ways in which it can be applied to your life, and offer practical tips for incorporating it into your daily routine.
So whether you’re seeking personal growth, professional success, or simply a more fulfilling life, this article is for you.
Join us on a journey of self-discovery as we explore the mottos that can help us live a life of meaning, purpose, and fulfillment.
With the right mindset and a little bit of guidance, we can all live the life we’ve always dreamed of – and these mottos are here to help us get there.
Inspiring Short Motto To Live By
- “Act or accept.”
- “I am enough / You are enough.”
- “I live my life on my own terms.”
- “Every new day is a chance to start my life over.”
- “Go to bed with dreams; wake up with a purpose.”
- “The meaning of my life is what I make it.”
- “Do all the good you can.”
- “My life is right now, and I keep my attention in the present moment.”
RELATED: 110 Powerful Quotes To Heal Trauma
- “Greatness is measured by courage and heart.”
- “Mistakes are learning opportunities; don’t let any go to waste. ”
- “Turn obstacles into opportunities.”
- “Progress, not perfection.”
- “Celebrate the small wins. Every win matters.”
- “One thing at a time.”
- “You already have what it takes.”
- “Choose your battles; some are more worth fighting than others.”
- “Life is nothing without the people I care about.”
- “Love the body you have. It’s gotten you this far. Treat it well.”
Famous Motto Said By Famous People
- “It is better to light a candle than to curse the darkness.” — Chinese proverb
- “If you’re going through hell, keep going.” — Winston Churchill
- “Life is either a daring adventure or nothing at all.” – Helen Keller
- “We are what we repeatedly do.” — Aristotle
- “I, not events, have the power to make me happy or unhappy today.” — Groucho Marx
- “Vision without action is a daydream.” — Japanese proverb
- “Have courage and be kind.” — Kyle Boureston
- “I never lose. I either win or learn” – Nelson Mandela
- “Do no harm.” — Hippocratic oath
- “Love all, trust a few, do wrong to none.” – William Shakespeare
Motivational Motto For Success In Life
- “The grass is greener where you water it.”
- “Grow through what you go through.”
- “Progress over perfection.”
- “Better an “Oops” than a “What if.””
- “Growth is uncomfortable because you’ve never been here before.”
- “Endings are also beginnings.”
- “Live to impress yourself, not others.”
- “Find what you’d die for, and then live for it.”
- “You are allowed to make a big deal about things that are important to you.”
- “One day in retrospect, it will all make sense.”
- “You are different. And that’s your power.”
- “Growth is happening even when you don’t notice.”
- “Small steps everyday.”
- “Sometimes you win. Sometimes you learn.”
- “Everything you want is on the other side of fear.”
- “Focus on the step in front of you and not the whole staircase.”
- “Make time for more adventures.”
- “A year from now, you will wish you had started today.”
- “Allow yourself to make mistakes. That’s how you learn.”
- “Storms don’t last forever.”
- “Be open to new beginnings.”
- “Old ways don’t open new doors.”
- “Nothing outside of you has power over you.”
- “You don’t come this far to just be this far.”
- “You are what you do, not what you say you’ll do.”
- “Don’t stop until you are proud.”
- “As long as we’re breathing, it’s not too late to change your story.”
- “If the plan doesn’t work, change the plan, not the goal.”
- “Don’t tell people your plans. Show them your results.”
Life Mottos To Live By In Coming Year
- “Sometimes, you win, and sometimes you learn.”
- “Never share all your plan with everyone.”
- “You can’t be perfect at first, but you should take that first step.”
- “Leave nothing for tomorrow which can be done today.”
- “Different results require doing something different.”
- “Consistency and hard work will lead you to success.”
- “Have courage and be fearless.”
- “Life begins at the end of your comfort Zone.”
- “Don’t think you know everything.”
- “Family is your top priority.”
- “If you chase two rabbits, you will not catch either one.”
- “Do exercise daily, even if it is for 15 minutes.”
- “Before buying anything, think twice if you need it. Give it a day or two.”
- “Make a difference where you present.”
- “Healthy eating habits will build if you stop buying non-healthy foods.”
- “Overthinking is a waste of time.”
- “Expect the unexpected.”
- “Love all, trust few, and do wrong to none.”
- “Don’t set yourself on fire to keep other people warm.”
- “Learn something new every day.”
- “Never dim someone else’s light so you can shine.”
- “If someone constantly demotivates you, you break the relationship.”
- “The pains you feel today are the strength you will feel tomorrow.”
- “You can do anything. But not everything.”
- “Do with dedication.”
- “Feel the fear and do it anyway.”
- “Vision without action is a daydream.”
- “You have only one body to live. So take care of it.”
- “Live in the moment. Life is a series of moments.”
- “You miss 100% of the shots if you don’t take them.”
- “There is always something to be grateful for.”
- “Every scar will heal if you give it time.”
- “Be happy with what you have while working for what you want.”
- “Be the best version of yourself.”
- “Life is about risking everything for a dream nobody can see but you.”
- “Spend what you have in your account, not what you will have in the future.”
- “Negative thoughts will never give you a positive life.”
- “Do one thing every day that scares you.”
- “Be Honest.”
- “Be the change you want to see in the world.”
- “Never compare yourself to others.”
- “Don’t be busy. Be productive.”
- “Everything is temporary.”
- “Build and have confidence 24×7.”
Intentional Mottos To Live By Your Life
- “Have Courage and Be Kind”
- “Be A Little Bit Better Than You Were Yesterday”
- “It’s The Journey, Not the Destination”
- “Today Was Good. Tomorrow Will Be Better”
- “Walk a Mile, See a Mile”
- “Mama Said There’d Be Days like This”
- “Your Playing Small Does Not Serve the World”
- “Don’t Pray For an Easy Life, Pray To Be Stronger”
- “Every Wall Has a Door”
- “I Am Good Enough To Start”
- “We Are All a Work In Progress”
- “Don’t Be Afraid Of Being Different, Be Afraid Of Being the Same as Everyone Else”
- “Be Intentional”
- “Count Your Blessings”
- “Being Negative Only Makes a Difficult Journey More Difficult. You May Be Given a Cactus, But You Don’t Have To Sit On it”
- “See challenges as an opportunity.”
Personal Mottos To Live By
- “It’s impossible to feel grateful and depressed in the same moment.” – Naomi Williams
- “We are what we repeatedly do.” – Aristotle
- “While I breathe, I hope.” – South Carolina State Motto
- “We must become the change we wish to see in the world.” – Mahatma Gandhi
- “When somebody tells you nothing is impossible, ask him to dribble a football.” – Unknown
- “You can’t start the next chapter of your life if you keep re-reading the last one.” – Unknown
- “Vision without action is a daydream.” – Japanese Proverb
- “It always seems impossible until it’s done.” – Nelson Mandela
- “He who has a why to live can bear almost any how.” – Friedrick Nietzsche
- “Keep swinging.” – Hank Aaron
- “Life is either a daring adventure or nothing at all.” – Helen Keller
- “Family first.” – Unknown
- “All that I am, I am because of my mind.” – Paavo Nurmi
- “Have courage and be kind.” – Kyle Boureston
- “You have brains in your head. You have feet in your shoes. You can steer yourself any direction you choose.” – Dr. Seuss
- “Go to bed with dreams, wake up with a purpose.” – Unknown
- “If you’re going through hell, keep going.” – Winston Churchill
- “When you’re good at something, you’ll tell everyone. When you’re great at something, they’ll tell you.” – Walter Payton
Family Motto To Live By
- “Something will turn up.”
- “Often wrong, but never in doubt.”
- “I could eat.”
- “It’ll be fun, it won’t cost too much and I’m sure it won’t take too long.”
- “Danger lurks ahead — let’s go!”
- “Always tell the truth — so you don’t have to remember what you said.”
- “Thou shalt not whine.”
- “Work hard, play hard.”
- “Expect the best, prepare for the worst.”
- “Do what you can with what you have.”
- “Everything happens for a reason.”
- “No trips to the emergency room”
- “Whoever cares the most, wins.”
- “Let me be a blessing to someone today.”
- “If Mama ain’t happy, nobody’s happy.”
- “One can never have too many gym socks!”
- “Don’t be seen. Don’t be heard. Don’t be caught.”
- “Gotta-do’s before wanna-do’s.”
- “If you don’t think it can be done, you haven’t thought about it long enough. ”
How Can Reading Mottos About Living A Meaningful Life Be Beneficial?
Reading mottos about living a meaningful life can be incredibly beneficial in a number of ways.
First and foremost, they provide us with a sense of direction and purpose. When we have a guiding principle or belief that we live by, we are more likely to make decisions that align with our values and goals.
This can help us to avoid feeling lost or aimless, and instead feel confident and empowered to pursue our dreams.
Additionally, mottos can serve as a source of inspiration and motivation.
When we read a powerful and meaningful motto, it can spark something within us that drives us to take action, make changes in our lives, or pursue our passions more vigorously.
This can be especially helpful during times of struggle or uncertainty, when we may feel like giving up or losing our way.
Reading mottos about living a meaningful life can also help us to gain perspective and clarity.
Sometimes we get so caught up in the day-to-day tasks and responsibilities of life that we lose sight of the bigger picture.
Reading mottos that remind us of what truly matters can help us to step back and see things from a different perspective, giving us the insight we need to make positive changes in our lives.
Implementing mottos about living a meaningful life can be beneficial in a variety of ways.
Here are a few ideas for how to integrate them into your daily life:
- Write Them Down: One of the simplest ways to incorporate mottos about living a meaningful life into your daily routine is to write them down and place them in prominent locations. For example, you could write your favorite motto on a sticky note and place it on your computer screen, bathroom mirror, or refrigerator. This will serve as a daily reminder of your guiding principle, and help you stay focused on what matters most.
- Use Them As A Mantra: When you find a motto that really resonates with you, try using it as a mantra during your daily meditation or mindfulness practice. Repeat it to yourself as you breathe deeply and focus on the present moment. This can help you to cultivate a sense of calm and inner peace, while also reminding you of your larger goals and values.
- Share Them With Others: Sharing meaningful mottos with others can be a great way to spread positivity and inspiration. Consider sharing your favorite motto on social media, or discussing it with friends and family members. This can help to create a sense of community and connection, while also reinforcing your own commitment to living a meaningful life.
- Act On Them: Ultimately, the most important way to implement mottos about living a meaningful life is to act on them. Use your guiding principle as a tool to make decisions, set goals, and take action in your daily life. Whether you’re pursuing a new career path, starting a new hobby, or simply trying to live more mindfully, let your motto guide you towards a life that is truly fulfilling and meaningful.
Frequently Asked Questions
What Is The Difference Between A Motto And A Mission Statement?
A motto is a simple phrase or statement that encapsulates your values and beliefs, and serves as a guiding principle for your life.
A mission statement is a more formal document that outlines your specific goals and objectives, as well as the strategies and tactics you will use to achieve them.
While both can be helpful in guiding your actions and decisions, a motto is typically more concise and focused on your overarching values and principles.
How Can I Choose A Motto That Resonates With Me?
Choosing a motto that resonates with you is a personal process that depends on your individual values, beliefs, and experiences.
One approach is to reflect on the things that are most important to you, such as your relationships, career, hobbies, or spirituality.
Consider what gives you a sense of purpose and fulfillment, and look for mottos that align with those values. You can also draw inspiration from quotes, books, or other sources that speak to you personally.
How Can I Stay Committed To Living By My Motto Over Time?
Staying committed to living by your motto over time requires consistent effort and mindfulness.
One helpful approach is to regularly reflect on your guiding principle and how it relates to your daily actions and decisions.
Ask yourself how you can incorporate your motto into your everyday life, and look for opportunities to act on it in meaningful ways.
You can also find support and accountability through sharing your motto with others, or by seeking out a mentor or coach who can help you stay on track.
Finally, be patient with yourself and recognize that living by a motto is a lifelong process that requires ongoing attention and commitment.
Continue Reading????????: 193 Inspiring Quotes To Live With Intention
- Stromatolites Meanings, Healing Properties and Uses - October 7, 2023
- Green Jade Meanings, Healing Properties and Uses - October 3, 2023
- 125 Powerful Manifesting Affirmations To Achieve Your Dreams - September 21, 2023