Last Updated on August 16, 2023
“Sometimes Letting Things Go Is An Act Of Far Greater Power Than Defending Or Hanging On.” – Eckhart Tolle
Letting go and moving forward can be difficult, but it’s an important part of personal growth and self-improvement. However, it’s not easy to do that but one has to start from somewhere. For that moving forward and letting go quotes could be the first step to self-dicovery.
Here are some lessons I’ve learned about letting go and moving forward:
- Accepting What You Cannot Change: It’s important to recognize that there are some things in life that we cannot control or change. It can be challenging to accept this, but letting go of the need to control everything can be liberating.
- Forgiveness: Holding onto grudges and resentment can weigh us down and hold us back. Forgiving others (and ourselves) can be a powerful step towards letting go and moving forward.
- Self-Reflection: Reflecting on our past experiences and mistakes can be uncomfortable, but it’s essential for personal growth. By acknowledging our mistakes, we can learn from them and make changes to better ourselves.
- Creating Boundaries: Sometimes we need to let go of toxic relationships or situations that are holding us back. Creating healthy boundaries can help us protect ourselves and move forward in a positive direction.
- Focusing On The Present: Letting go of the past and worrying about the future can be overwhelming. Focusing on the present moment can help us stay grounded and make progress towards our goals.
- Practicing Self-Care: Letting go and moving forward can be emotionally draining. Practicing self-care, such as exercise, meditation, or spending time with loved ones, can help us recharge and stay motivated.
For me, letting go and moving forward has been a continuous journey. It’s not always easy, but I’ve found that taking small steps towards personal growth can have a big impact.
By accepting what I cannot change, forgiving myself and others, and focusing on the present moment, I’ve been able to let go of things that were holding me back and move forward towards a happier and more fulfilling life.
Remember, letting go and moving forward is a process. It’s okay to take things one day at a time and give yourself grace along the way.
The most important thing is to keep moving forward towards a brighter future.
Moving Forward In Life With Letting Go Quotes
- “The world belongs to those who let go.” – Tao Te Ching
- “To let go does not mean to get rid of. To let go means to let be. When we let be with compassion, things come and go on their own.” – Jack Kornfield
- “When one door closes, another opens; but we often look so long and so regretfully upon the closed door that we do not see the one which has opened for us.” – Alexander Graham Bell
- “Just because something made you happy in the past doesn’t mean you have to keep it forever.” – Melva Green
- “The more you let yourself go, the less others let you go.” – Friedrich Nietzsche
- “Seek not that the things which happen should happen as you wish; but wish the things which happen to be as they are, and you will have a tranquil flow of life.” – Epictetus
- “I realise there’s something incredibly honest about trees in winter, how they’re experts at letting things go.” – Jeffrey McDaniel
- “Enjoy what you can and ignore the rest. Let’s not waste any energy fighting things that are outside our control.” – Paulo Coelho
- “Sometimes letting things go is an act of far greater power than defending or hanging on.” – Eckhart Tolle
- “Whatever comes, let it come, what stays let stay, what goes let go.” – Papaji
- “Sometimes holding on does more damage than letting go.” – Unknown
- “The first half of life is devoted to forming a healthy ego, the second half is going inward and letting go of it.” – Carl Jung
- “We need to learn to let go as easily as we grasp and we will find our hands full and our minds empty.” – Leo F. Buscaglia
- “Why let go of yesterday? Because yesterday has already let go of you.” – Steve Maraboli
- “Once you realize you deserve a bright future, letting go of your dark past is the best choice you will ever make.” – Roy T. Bennett
- “Time doesn’t heal emotional pain, you need to learn how to let go.” – Roy T. Bennett
- “There comes a time in your life when you have to choose to turn the page, write another book or simply close it.” – Shannon L. Alder
- “Leaders spend 5% of their time on the problem and 95% of their time on the solution. Get over it and crush it.”– Anthony Robbins
- “Letting go may sound so simple, but rarely is it a one-time thing. Just keep letting go, until one day it’s gone for good.” – Eleanor Brownn
- “In the process of letting go you will lose many things from the past, but you will find yourself.” – Deepak Chopra
- “Life becomes easier when you learn to accept an apology you never got.” – Robert Brault
- “Life moves on and so should we” – Spencer Johnson
- “We can’t be afraid of change. You may feel very secure in the pond that you are in, but if you never venture out of it, you will never know that there is such a thing as an ocean, a sea. Holding onto something that is good for you now, may be the very reason why you don’t have something better.” – C. JoyBell C.
- “Sometimes you can’t let go of the past without facing it again.” – Gail Tsukiyama
- “Letting go isn’t a one-time thing, it’s something you have to do every day, over and over again.” – Dawson’s Creek
- “One of the happiest moments in life is when you find the courage to let go of what you cannot change.” – Unknown
- “The best skill at cards is knowing when to discard.” – Baltasar Gracián
- “The art is not one of forgetting but letting go. And when everything else is gone, you can be rich in loss.” – Rebecca Solnit
- “My heart might be bruised, but it will recover and become capable of seeing the beauty of life once more. It’s happened before, it will happen again, I’m sure. When someone leaves, it’s because someone else is about to arrive – I’ll find love again.” – Paulo Coelho
- “To help yourself, you must be yourself. Be the best that you can be. When you make a mistake, learn from it, pick yourself up and move on.” – Dave Pelzer
- “Your heart’s strength is measured by how hard it holds on. Your self-worth and faith is measured by finally letting go. However, your peace is measured by how long you don’t look back.” – Shannon L. Alder
- “You loved him enough to let him leave… Now you need to love yourself enough to let him go.” – Ranata Suzuki
- “If you spend your time hoping someone will suffer the consequences for what they did to your heart, then you’re allowing them to hurt you a second time in your mind.” – Shannon L. Alder
- “Anything you can’t control is teaching you how to let go.”– Jackson Kiddard
- “Letting go of someone we love is the hardest thing we will ever do. Some people never surrender to love for the fear of being hurt. But to not have loved, to not have felt the immense joy it brings, would have been a far worse kind of death.” – Goldie Hawn
- “Anything I cannot transform into something marvelous, I let go.” – Anais Nin
- “Today expect something good to happen to you no matter what occurred yesterday. Realize the past no longer holds you captive. It can only continue to hurt you if you hold on to it. Let the past go. A simply abundant world awaits.” – Sarah Ban Breathnach
- “If you want to fly on the sky, you need to leave the earth. If you want to move forward, you need to let go the past that drags you down.” – Amit Ray
- “It is impossible to live without failing at something, unless you live so cautiously that you might as well not have lived at all, in which case you have failed by default.” – J. K. Rowling
- “Laughter gives us distance. It allows us to step back from an event, deal with it and then move on.” – Bob Newhart
- “Let go. Why do you cling to pain? There is nothing you can do about the wrongs of yesterday. It is not yours to judge. Why hold on to the very thing which keeps you from hope and love?” – Leo Buscaglia
- “Yesterday is not ours to recover, but tomorrow is ours to win or lose.” – Lyndon B. Johnson
- “The most difficult aspect of moving on is accepting that the other person already did.” – Faraaz Kazi
- “You can clutch the past so tightly to your chest that it leaves your arms too full to embrace the present.” – Jan Glidewell
- “Sooner or later we’ve all got to let go of our past.” – Dan Brown
- “Stop acting as if life is a rehearsal. Live this day as if it were your last. The past is over and gone. The future is not guaranteed.” – Wayne Dyer
- “Don’t dwell on what went wrong. Instead, focus on what to do next. Spend your energy moving forward together towards an answer.” – Denis Waitley
- “Letting go is the willingness to change your beliefs in order to bring more peace and joy into your life instead of holding onto beliefs that bring pain and suffering.” – Hal Tipper
- “If I kept saying it; if I kept reaching out. My accident really taught me just one thing: the only way to go on is to go on. To say ‘I can do this’ even when you know you can’t.” – Stephen King
- “All the art of living lies in a fine mingling of letting go and holding on.” – Havelock Ellis
- “There are times in life when people must know when not to let go. Balloons are designed to teach small children this.” – Terry Pratchett
- “Let go of certainty. The opposite isn’t uncertainty. It’s openness, curiosity and a willingness to embrace paradox, rather than choose up sides. The ultimate challenge is to accept ourselves exactly as we are, but never stop trying to learn and grow.” – Tony Schwartz
- “If you truly want to be respected by people you love, you must prove to them that you can survive without them.” – Shannon L. Alder
- “When we go back in to the past and rake up all the troubles we’ve had, we end up reeling and staggering through life. Stability and peace of mind come by living in the moment.” – Pam W. Vredevelt
- “Just remember, when you should grab something, grab it; when you should let go, let go.” – Unknown
- “It happens to everyone as they grow up. You find out who you are and what you want, and then you realize that people you’ve known forever don’t see things the way you do. So you keep the wonderful memories, but find yourself moving on.” – Nicholas Sparks
- “You’ve got to make a conscious choice every day to shed the old – whatever ‘the old’ means for you.” – Sarah Ban Breathnach
- “Breathe. Let go. And remind yourself that this very moment is the only one you know you have for sure.” – Oprah Winfrey
- “Life moves forward. The old leaves wither, die and fall away, and the new growth extends forward into the light.” – Bryant McGill
- “Some of us think holding on makes us strong, but sometimes it is letting go.” – Hermann Hesse
- “There’s an important difference between giving up and letting go.” – Jessica Hatchigan
- “Creativity requires the courage to let go of certainties.” – Erich Fromm
- “Let go of your attachment to being right, and suddenly your mind is more open. You’re able to benefit from the unique viewpoints of others, without being crippled by your own judgment.” – Ralph Marston
- “There are things that we never want to let go of, people we never want to leave behind. But keep in mind that letting go isn’t the end of the world, it’s the beginning of a new life.” – Unknown
- ”You have to let go of who you were to become who you will be.” – Candace Bushnell
- “You don’t need strength to let go of something. What you really need is understanding.” – Guy Finley
- “Keeping baggage from the past will leave no room for happiness in the future.” – Wayne L. Misner
- “Your past does not equal your future.” – Anthony Robbins
- “You must be strong enough to know that love will come to you when you are ready. You must be strong enough to know when to say goodbye, and know that letting go is not weak.” – Marisa Donnelly
- “It is only through labor and painful effort, by grim energy and resolute courage, that we move on to better things.” – Theodore Roosevelt
- “When we think we have been hurt by someone in the past, we build up defenses to protect ourselves from being hurt in the future. So the fearful past causes a fearful future and the past and future become one. We cannot love when we feel fear…. When we release the fearful past and forgive everyone, we will experience total love and oneness with all.” – Gerald G. Jampolsky
- “The greatest loss of time is delay and expectation, which depend upon the future. We let go the present, which we have in our power, and look forward to that which depends upon chance, and so relinquish a certainty for an uncertainty.” – Seneca
- “Rehashing the past wouldn’t change anything. Time to move forward.” – Zena Wynn
- “The answer to every adversity lies in courageously moving forward with faith.” – Edmond Mbiaka
- “If you want to forget something or someone, never hate it, or never hate him/her. Everything and everyone that you hate is engraved upon your heart; if you want to let go of something, if you want to forget, you cannot hate.” – C. JoyBell C.
- “Sometimes the hardest part isn’t letting go but rather learning to start over.” – Nicole Sobon
- “Sometimes it takes a heartbreak to shake us awake & help us see we are worth so much more than we’re settling for.” – Mandy Hale
- “At some point, you gotta let go, and sit still, and allow contentment to come to you.” – Elizabeth Gilbert
- “Forget what hurt you but never forget what it taught you.” – Shannon L. Alder
- “Why do people persist in a dissatisfying relationship, unwilling either to work toward solutions or end it and move on? It’s because they know changing will lead to the unknown, and most people believe that the unknown will be much more painful than what they’re already experiencing.” – Anthony Robbins
Moving Forward Letting Go Quotes From Relationships
- “You can’t expect to move forward if your emergency break is on.” – Angela Cecilia
- “I welcomed who I was and left behind who I was not.” – David Elliott
- “Suffering is not holding you. You are holding suffering. When you become good at the art of letting sufferings go, then you’ll come to realize how unnecessary it was for you to drag those burdens around with you. You’ll see that no one else other than you was responsible. The truth is that existence wants your life to become a festival.” – Osho
- “I demolish my bridges behind me…then there is no choice but to move forward.” – Fridtjof Nansen
- “Make it a rule of life never to regret and never to look back. Regret is an appalling waste of energy; you can’t build on it; it’s only good for wallowing in.” – Katherine Mansfield
- “This is love: to fly toward a secret sky, to cause a hundred veils to fall each moment. First to let go of life. Finally, to take a step without feet.” – Rumi
- “Even a rock moves on.” – Anthony Liccione
- “I’m guilty of giving people more chances than they deserve but when I’m done, I’m done.” – Turcois Ominek
- “To let go is to release the images and emotions, the grudges and fears, the clingings and disappointments of the past that bind our spirit.” – Jack Kornfield
- “I can enjoy anywhere, and I can leave it. Life is about moving on.” – Waris Dirie
- “Moving on is easy. It’s staying moved on that’s trickier.” – Katerina Stoykova Klemer
- “It’s hard to be clear about who you are when you are carrying around a bunch of baggage from the past. I’ve learned to let go and move more quickly into the next place.” – Angelina Jolie
- “We must have the courage to let go of the past if we are going to grasp the future.” ― David DeNotaris
- “Not all wars are worth fighting. Sometimes you just have to let it go.” ― Abhaidev
- “The harder you fight to hold on to specific assumptions, the more likely there’s gold in letting go of them.” — John Seely Brown
- “Make a conscious effort to let go of fear and act from a sense of consciousness that will empower and protect you. You are strong. You are greater than the fear!” ― Les Brown
- “Feeling uncomfortable in whatever you do does not have to stop you from doing anything, instead it should motivate you to do it anyway and let go of that feeling.” ― Susie Harper
- “I let go of what stops me from moving forward and create space for better things to enter into my life.” ― Marge Castillon Di Blasio
- “Let go. All will be lost, and in that is its beauty, its truth, all that we need.”― Søren Sørenson
- “You need to let go of the resentment inside of you and don’t let it shape the way your life will be in the future.” ― Heather Rose
- “There’s a weird freedom in letting go of what you lost and looking forward to the possibilities the empty space leaves behind.” ― James Lanman
- “If you want to move to a higher level of life, you have to be willing to let go of some of your old ways of thinking and being and adopt new ones.” ― T. Harv Eker
- “Recklessness comes from ego. Fearlessness comes from letting go.”― Shunya
- “You can always make the choice to let go and start over – you are the one who has to make that decision.” — Kate Summers
- “By letting go of the things that have been in your life with a feeling of gratitude, you foster appreciation for, and a desire to take better care of, the things in your life.” — Marie Kondo
- “You cannot embrace your destiny if you do not let go of your history.” — T.D. Jakes
- “Many new things open when we let go of our own imposed limitations and go into a place of the nonknowing of a beginner.” ― Patricia Heller
- “If you really want to feel at peace, then your goal is to let go of the ego which separates us from being at one with all which is.” ― Kevin Kerr
- “You can become better tomorrow than you are today, but it requires letting go of your past and learning from success and failure.” — Steve Gilliland
- “The more you let go, the faster you will move ahead.” — Alan Cohen
- “It is your courage that supports your ability to let go of deadly attitudes, change the way you organize your time, change your relationships and change who and what you are.” — S. Walston
- “Take stock of everyone who has ever wronged you in any way, regardless of how severe or recent it may have been, and make the choice to let go. Forgiveness is an act of the heart.” ― Wayne Dyer
- “Letting go of stress means that you can enjoy your life.” — Gabrielle Bernstein
- “Forgiving means letting go of the past. It means that we let others act for themselves without judging them.” ― Christian Olsen
- “Having inner peace means committing to letting go of self-criticism and self-doubt.” — Sanaya Roman
- “Letting go of the bad memories of the past can really help you have a free feeling now while you take each day into the future.” — Zac Dixon
- “The hardest part is what to leave behind, … It’s time to let go!” ― A. A. Milne
- “In those moments when we realize how much we cannot control, we can learn to let go.” ― Sharon Salzberg
- “Think about what fears you have to let go or what beliefs you have to change or ingrain into, so that you can receive what you want and think about.” ― Adriana Claudia Milcov
- “The energy it takes to hang onto the past is holding you back from a new life.” ― Mary Manin Morrissey
- “Hanging on to resentment is letting someone you despise live rent-free in your head.” – Ann Landers
- “Sometimes you have to let go to see if there was anything worth holding onto.” ― Socrates
- “Sometimes letting go is simply changing the labels you place on an event. Looking at the same event with fresh eyes.” ― Steve Maraboli
- “Forgiveness is letting go of the hope that the past can be changed.” — Oprah Winfrey
- “We must be willing to let go of the life we have planned, so as to have the life that is waiting for us.” ― E. M. Forster
- “What’s done is done.” ― Hilliard MacBeth
- “I follow four dictates: face it, accept it, deal with it, then let it go.” ― Sheng-yen
- “Letting go follows our realization that holding on is of no further use!” — Guy Finley
- “Grudges are for those who insist that they are owed something; forgiveness, however, is for those who are substantial enough to move on.” ― Criss Jami
- “You must make a decision that you are going to move on. It wont happen automatically.” ― Joel Osteen
- “It took a while to understand the beauty of just letting go.” ― Taylor Swift
- “There are a number of things to let go of in life. One of these things is worry of which there is nothing more unproductive or personally debilitating.” — Catherine Pulsifer
- “I have realized taking a stand is tough, but what’s tougher is maintaining it and letting go of all those who doubt your intent.” — Rhea Chakraborty
- “It is important for us to let go of the hurt and pain our past left behind and open up to the possibilities of what the future may hold.” — Ron Walker
- “Letting go of things and not being afraid of being ridiculous or over the top – I think that’s the main thing for me to work on.” — Charlotte Gainsbourg
- “Getting over a painful experience is much like crossing monkey bars. You have to let go at some point in order to move forward.” ― C. S. Lewis
- “Think about any attachments that are depleting your emotional reserves. Consider letting them go.” – Oprah Winfrey
- “By letting go of my fears and concerns, I’ve gained so much happiness and freedom. With that freedom I’ve also gained confidence.” — Sabrina Claudio
- “Sometimes you definitely need to just let go. You need to sort of forget everything.” ― Thea Gilmore
- “Most people believe that results matter. The idea that results matter is one that you have to keep letting go of. And most of the time, I believe it.” — Russell Simmons
- “I used to have a lot of superstitions, and then I realized that it was kind of hogwash. Once I let go of them, I relaxed a lot.” ― Amy Adams
- “I feel like, every single decision I make and every single album I make, it’s all about letting go. Letting go of the past and just getting on with it.” — John Grant
- “Meditation is really letting go of all the thought processes or ‘mind traffic’ that gets in the way of just whatever is between you and space and consciousness.” — Trudie Styler
- “Let go of the things that make you feel dead. Life is worth living!” ― Rihanna
- “I think that you never fall out of love with somebody, you just let go and move on.” — Ashley Rickards
- “As you become aware of what has robbed you of the purity of an innocent mind, a clear heart and a strong body, you will be deeply served by letting go of those familiar limitations.” — Debbie Ford
- “Letting go doesn’t mean that you don’t care about someone anymore. It’s just realizing that the only person you really have control over is yourself.”— Deborah Reber
- “So we’re in this process of letting go of our own attachments to our physical forms and to the people we love, and… basically everything. Life is like this one big process of letting go.” — Adrianne Lenker
- “Some birds are not meant to be caged, that’s all. Their feathers are too bright, their songs too sweet and wild. So you let them go, or when you open the cage to feed them they somehow fly out past you. And the part of you that knows it was wrong to imprison them in the first place rejoices, but still, the place where you live is that much more drab and empty for their departure.” — Stephen King
- “When I let go of what I am, I become what I might be. When I let go of what I have, I receive what I need.” — Lao Tzu
- “I think anybody who has had a long relationship and has had a really hard time letting go, wants to feel like it’s not all for naught, and it’s meaningful, because it makes you who you are.” — Rashida Jones
Inspiring & Motivational Moving Forward Letting Go Quotes
- “What happens when you let go, when your strength leaves you and you sink into darkness, when there’s nothing that you or anyone else can do, no matter how desperate you are, no matter how you try? Perhaps it’s then, when you have neither pride nor power, that you are saved, brought to an unimaginably great reward.” — Mark Halperin
- “There’s no point in arguing and loving someone who doesn’t want to be with you and doesn’t want to keep you in his life.. the real person will try harder to reach out and work for the best and what’s supposed to be done to their relationship.. but things are not so good this time, it’s time to try letting go.” — Ressha
- “They say when you really love someone, you should be willing to set them free. So that is what I am doing. I will step back and you will move on. I will let you go….Your happiness means everything to me. I will listen for your voice in the distance. I will look at the moon. I will keep you in my pocket. I will carry your smile with me everywhere, like a warm and comforting glow.” — Tabitha Suzuma
- “A huge problem we face when we’re in need is giving up our intuition and blindly following instruction. Letting go works when we are following our hearts, but not so well when we are following a leader.” — Tara Stiles
- “Forgive people who you believe have done you wrong. Let go. God will handle them.” ― Germany Kent
- “Do not let your hurt cause you to hate.” ― Timothy King
- “Just feel forgiveness in your heart. The universe will hear you and that will be enough.” ― Maria Erving
- “Revenge stems from darkness. It won’t make you whole.” ― Shina Reynolds
- “Forgiveness is freedom.” ― Jenny C. Bell
- “We have our future to explore. We won’t be slaves to the past.” ― Tillie Cole
- “Sometimes the door closes on a relationship, not because we failed but because something bigger than us says this no longer fits our life. So, lock the door, shed a tear, turn around and look for the new door that’s opened. It’s a sign that you’re no longer that person you were, it’s time to change into who you are. It’s going to be okay.” — Lee Goff
- “Take all the time you need to heal emotionally. Moving on doesn’t take a day, it takes lots of little steps to be able to break free of your broken self.” — Tere Arigo
- “Forgiveness hurts but its reward is priceless.” ― Naide P Obiang
- “I don’t think it is ever too late to seek forgiveness and rewrite your future.” ― Carla Reighard
- “If someone breaks your heart, unburden yourself by seeking inner forgiveness. Then move ahead in life. Remember that each person who comes into your life serves a purpose.” ― Anoir Ou-Chad
- “The truth is, unless you let go, unless you forgive yourself, unless you forgive the situation, unless you realize that the situation is over, you cannot move forward.” – Steve Maraboli
- “The only way to keep a friend is to let go his stupid faults, and keep his silly love for you, with a bushel full of salt.” ― Fakeer Ishavardas
- “A very wise man once told me that you can’t look back – you just have to put the past behind you, and find something better in your future.” – Jodi Picoult
- “Incredible change happens in your life when you decide to take control of what you do have power over instead of craving control over what you don’t.” — Steve Maraboli
- “Life is a series of natural and spontaneous changes. Don’t resist them; that only creates sorrow. Let reality be reality. Let things flow naturally forward in whatever way they like.” — Lao Tzu
- “Even on my weakest days I get a little bit stronger.” — Sara Evans
- “The day I understood everything, was the day I stopped trying to figure everything out. The day I knew peace was the day I let everything go.” — C. JoyBell C.
- “You can spend minutes, hours, days, weeks, or even months over-analyzing a situation; trying to put the pieces together, justifying what could’ve or would’ve happened… or you can just leave the pieces of the floor and move on.” – Tupac Shakur
- “Some people believe holding on and hanging in there are signs of great strength. However, there are times when it takes much more strength to know when to let go and then do it.” — Ann Lander
- “Understanding is the first step to acceptance, and only with acceptance can there be recovery.” — J.K. Rowling
- “There’s a difference between owning your choices and blaming yourself.” – Marie Forleo
- “Even if our life circumstances take a while to reflect our inner decisions, once decisions are made, everything in our life will move in the direction of aligning with that.” – Donna Goddard
- “No matter how much suffering you went through, you never wanted to let go of those memories.” — Haruki Murakami
- “You need to have faith in yourself. Be brave and take risks. You don’t have to have it all figured out to move forward.” – Roy T. Bennett
- “Note to self: Nobody is worth stressing over. Move on. It’s ok to leave people behind. Go find yourself. The world is yours. Life goes on.” – Unknown
- “Holding on is believing that there’s only a past; letting go is knowing that there’s a future.” – Daphne Rose Kingma
- “Those who move forward with a happy spirit will find that things always work out.” – Gordon B. Hinkley
- “Our goals can only be reached through a vehicle of a plan, in which we must fervently believe, and upon which we must vigorously act. There is no other route to success.” – Pablo Picasso
- “You can’t connect the dots looking forward; you can only connect them looking backwards. So you have to trust that the dots will somehow connect in your future. You have to trust in something – your gut, destiny, life, karma, whatever. This approach has never let me down, and it has made all the difference in my life.” – Steve Jobs
- “Let it all go, see what stays.” – Osho
- “I let it go. It’s like swimming against the current. It exhausts you. After a while, whoever you are, you just have to let go, and the river brings you home.” – Joanne Harris
- “A man is rich in proportion to the number of things he can afford to let alone.” – Henry David Thoreau
- “As I look back on my life, I realized that every time I thought I was being rejected from something good, I was actually being re-directed to something better.” – Steve Maraboli
- “You really don’t have to burn any bridges to let go… You don’t have to destroy anything. You can just decide to cross over and move on.” – Marta Mrotek
- “Life is like riding a bicycle, to keep your balance, you must keep moving.” – Albert Einstein
- “Don’t wait. The time will never be just right.” – Napoleon Hill
- “In order to be free, we must learn how to let go. Release the hurt. Release the fear. Refuse to entertain the old pain.” – Mary Manin Morrissey
- “If I could forgive, it meant I was a strong good person who could take responsibility for the path I had chosen for myself, and all the consequences that accompanied that choice. And it gave me the simple but powerful satisfaction of extending a kindness to another person in a tough spot.” – Piper Kerman
- “If you can’t do anything about it then let it go. Don’t be a prisoner to things you can’t change.” – Tony Gaskins
- “One of the most courageous decisions you’ll ever make is to finally let go of what is hurting your heart and soul.” – Brigitte Nicole
- “Concentrate all your thoughts upon the work in hand. The sun’s rays do not burn until brought to a focus.” – Alexander Graham Bell
- “Some people are meant to stay put, and some people are meant to go. But running is different than going. When you’re running, you spend the whole time looking over your shoulder. To go forward, you gotta look forward.” – Gretchen Anthonyy
- “It is always important to know when something has reached its end. Closing circles, shutting doors, finishing chapters, it doesn’t matter what we call it; what matters is to leave in the past those moments in life that are over.” – Paulo Coelho
- “Whenever you find yourself doubting how far you can go, just remember how far you have come. Remember everything you have faced, all the battles you have won, and all the fears you have overcome.” – N.R. Walker
- “The only thing a person can ever really do is keep moving forward. Take that big leap forward without hesitation, without once looking back. Simply forget the past and forge toward the future.” – Alyson Noel
- “Just keep moving forward and don’t give a damn about what anybody thinks. Do what you have to do, for you.” – Johnny Depp
- “If you can’t fly then run, if you can’t run then walk, if you can’t walk then crawl, but whatever you do you have to keep moving forward.” – Martin Luther King Jr
- “And I just think that if you believe in something and you want it so much and you’re not hurting anyone else, you have to go for it. Which sometimes means taking a risk, even if it’s scary. But the thing you want most to happen doesn’t stand a chance unless you give it one.” – Susane Colasanti
- “It’s not a matter of letting go – you would if you could. Instead of “Let it go,” we should probably say “Let it be”. – John Kabat-Zinn
- “We keep moving forward, opening new doors, and doing new things because we’re curious and curiosity keeps leading us down new paths.” – Walt Disney
- “You can’t start a new chapter in your life if you keep re-reading the last one.” – Suzy Kassem
- “Faith is moving forward even when things don’t make sense, trusting that in hindsight everything will become clear.” – Mandy Hale
- “Growth is painful. Change is painful. But nothing is as painful as staying stuck somewhere you don’t belong.” – Mandy Hale
- “She understands now what she, in all her worry, had forgotten. That even as she hesitates and wavers, even as she thinks too much and moves too cautiously, she doesn’t always have to get it right. It’s okay to look back, even as you move forward.” – Jennifer E. Smith
Encouraging Sayings & Moving Forward Letting Go Quotes
- “Courage is the power to let go of the familiar.” – Raymond Lindquist
- “You are always a student, never a master. You have to keep moving forward.” – Conrad Hall
- “Have heart in the things you do. You don’t always need a second or third opinion for every last decision you make.” – Torron-Lee Dewar
- “Everything I read about hitting a midlife crisis was true. I had such a struggle letting go of youthful things and learning how to exist and have enthusiasm while settling into the comfort of an older age.” — David Bowie
- “There’s a trick to the Graceful Exit. It begins with the vision to recognize when a job, a life stage, a relationship is over – and to let go. It means leaving what’s over without denying its value.” – Ellen Goodman
- “Sometimes you have to take a step back to move forward.” – Erika Taylor
- “You can live your life angry, bitter, mad at somebody or even guilty, not letting go of your own mistakes, but you won’t receive the good things God has in store.” — Joel Osteen
- “People can be more forgiving than you can imagine. But you have to forgive yourself. Let go of what’s bitter and move on.” – Bill Cosby
- “Letting go helps us to live in a more peaceful state of mind and helps restore our balance. It allows others to be responsible for themselves and for us to take our hands off situations that do not belong to us. This frees us from unnecessary stress.” — Melody Beattie
- “Even as kids reach adolescence, they need more than ever for us to watch over them. Adolescence is not about letting go. It’s about hanging on during a very bumpy ride.” — Ron Taffel
- “It’s hard to be clear about who you are when you are carrying around a bunch of baggage from the past. I’ve learned to let go and move more quickly into the next place.” – Angelina Jolie
- “You don’t need strength to let go of something. What you really need is understanding.” – Guy Finley
- “You don’t have to see the whole staircase, just take the first step.” – Martin Luther King, Jr.
- “Don’t go back to something God has already rescued you from.” – Mandy Hale
- “Give up your attachment to having things your way.” – Iyanla Vanzant
- “Just because someone has been in your life for many years, doesn’t mean there shouldn’t be a point at which you finally decide to let go.” – Wilfred James Dolor
- “Just keep in mind: the more we value things outside our control, the less control we have.” – Epictetus
- “It’s sad but sometimes moving on with the rest of you life starts with goodbye.” – Carrie Underwood
- “There’s a victory in letting go of your expectations.” — Mike White
- “The point of human evolution is adapting to circumstance. Not letting go of the old, but adapting it, is necessary.” — Sonali Bendre
- “Let go of yesterday. Let today be a new beginning and be the best that you can, and you’ll get to where God wants you to be.” – Joel Osteen
- “Relationships are eternal. The ‘separation’ is another chapter in the relationship. Often, letting go of the old form of the relationship becomes a lesson in pure love much deeper than any would have learned had the couple stayed together.” — Marianne Williamson
- “Nothing in the universe can stop you from letting go and starting over.” — Guy Finley
- “It doesn’t take a lot of strength to hang on. It takes a lot of strength to let go.” – J. C. Watts
- “What’s the greater risk? Letting go of what people think – or letting go of how I feel, what I believe, and who I am?” — Brene Brown
- “We must let go of the life we have planned, so as to accept the one that is waiting for us.” – Joseph Campbell
- “The greatest step towards a life of simplicity is to learn to let go.” – Steve Maraboli
- “You will find that it is necessary to let things go; simply for the reason that they are heavy. So let them go, let go of them. I tie no weights to my ankles.” – C. Joybell C.
- “If people refuse to look at you in a new light and they can only see you for what you were, only see you for the mistakes you’ve made, if they don’t realize that you are not your mistakes, then they have to go.” – Steve Maraboli
- “Being different is a revolving door in your life where secure people enter and insecure exit.” – Shannon L. Alder
- “A star falls from the sky and into your hands. Then it seeps through your veins and swims inside your blood and becomes every part of you. And then you have to put it back into the sky. And it’s the most painful thing you’ll ever have to do and that you’ve ever done. But what’s yours is yours. Whether it’s up in the sky or here in your hands. And one day, it’ll fall from the sky and hit you in the head real hard and that time, you won’t have to put it back in the sky again.” – C. JoyBell C.
- “Don’t hang on to the past and don’t look on to the future, focus on your present and present will build your future, cover your past and make your present worth a while” – Meeran W. Malik
- “Sometimes letting go is braver than holding on until you break.” – Rebekah Crane
- “It’s the way you fall you. Gotta let yourself go.” – Melville Shavelson
- “One of the best times for figuring out who you are and what you really want out of life? Right after a break-up.” – Mandy Hale
- “You can’t hold on to the past and expect to grow as a human being.” – Marty Rubin
- “When someone you love says goodbye you can stare long and hard at the door they closed and forget to see all the doors God has open in front of you.” – Shannon L. Alder
- “There is no such thing as a broken family. Family is family, and is not determined by marriage certificates, divorce papers, and adoption documents. Families are made in the heart. The only time family becomes null is when those ties in the heart are cut. If you cut those ties, those people are not your family. If you make those ties, those people are your family. And if you hate those ties, those people will still be your family because whatever you hate will always be with you.” – C. JoyBell C.
- “Letting go means to come to the realization that some people are a part of your history, but not a part of your destiny.” – Steve Maraboli
- “Starting today, I need to forget what’s gone, appreciate what still remains and look forward to what’s coming next” – Anon
- “There ain’t no way you can hold onto something that wants to go, you understand? You can only love what you got while you got it. ― Kate DiCamillo, Because of Winn” – Dixie
- “Accept yourself, love yourself, and keep moving forward. If you want to fly, you have to give up what weighs you down.” – Roy T. Bennett
- “Our scars make us who we are. Wear them proudly, and move forward.” – Jane Linfoot
- “Letting go does not mean you stop caring. It means you stop trying to force others to.” – Mandy Hale
- “I realize there’s something incredibly honest about trees in winter, how they’re experts at letting things go.” – Jeffrey McDaniel
- “Life is like a river, if you cannot let go of the past, it will drag you down the stream.” – Amit Ray
- “A mistake is only a mistake if you dwell on it. Let go and forgive.” – Akiroq Brost
- “You only struggle because you’re ready to grow but aren’t willing to let go.” – Drew Gerald
- “Change has to come for life to struggle forward.” – Helen Hollick
- “Inner peace can be reached only when we practice forgiveness. Forgiveness is letting go of the past, and is therefore the means for correcting our misperceptions.” – Gerald G. Jampolsky
- “It is tough to let go of someone you can’t live without. But living with someone who can live without you, is much worse.” – Anon
- “Thank God I found the GOOD in goodbye.” – Beyonce Knowles
- “The greatest win is walking away and choosing not to engage in drama and toxic energy at all.” – Lalah Delia
- “You don’t have to let that one thing be the thing that defines you.” – Jojo Moyes
- “If you didn’t love him, this never would have happened. But you did. And accepting that love and everything that followed it is part of letting it go.” – Sarah Dessen
- “Every woman that finally figured out her worth, has picked up her suitcases of pride and boarded a flight to freedom, which landed in the valley of change.” – Shannon L. Alder
- “Sometimes the only way to get a grip is by learning to let go.” – Curtis Tyrone Jones
- “It’s tough to let go and move on from bad relationships, but so is every other good thing in life.” – Anon
- “Don’t go through life; grow through life.” – Eric Butterworth
- “Cry. Forgive. Learn. Move on. Let your tears water the seeds of your future happiness.” – Steve Maraboli
- “Your time is way too valuable to be wasting on people that can’t accept who you are.” – TurcoisOminek
- “Nothing ever happens like you imagine it will… but then again, if you don’t imagine, nothing ever happens at all. Imagining isn’t perfect. You can’t get all the way inside someone else… But imagining being someone else, or the world being something else, is the only way in. It is the machine that kills the fascists” – John Green
- “No boundary or barrier surrounds the heart of a person that loves their self and others.” – Shannon L. Alder
- “Instead of thinking I am losing something when I clear clutter, I dwell on what I might gain.” – Lisa J. Shultz
- “If letting go, if letting people and things work themselves out in the way that they needed to without your help was the most important thing, then it was also the hardest.” – Deb Caletti
- “People have a hard time letting go of their suffering. Out of a fear of the unknown, they prefer suffering that is familiar.” – Thich Nhat Hanh
- “Letting go is also a matter of self-worth.” – Efrat Cybulkiewicz
What Are Quotes And How Can They Help Us Improve Our Life?
Quotes are short, powerful statements that can inspire and motivate us to improve our lives.
As someone who enjoys reading and collecting quotes, I’ve found that they have the ability to shift my mindset and provide me with a fresh perspective on life.
Whether it’s a quote about self-love, perseverance, or gratitude, quotes can serve as a daily reminder to focus on the positive aspects of life and to keep pushing towards our goals.
They can also provide comfort and reassurance during difficult times.
I believe that incorporating quotes into our daily routine can help us cultivate a more positive and resilient mindset.
By reading or reflecting on quotes that resonate with us, we can become more mindful of our thoughts and actions and make positive changes in our lives.
What Are Letting Go And Moving Forward Quotes And How Can They Help Us Make Positive Change In Our Life?
Letting go and moving forward quotes are powerful statements that can inspire us to make positive changes in our lives.
As someone who has struggled with letting go of the past, I’ve found that reading quotes about moving forward has been a helpful reminder to focus on the present and keep pushing towards my goals.
These quotes can provide us with a fresh perspective on life and remind us that we have the power to create a better future for ourselves.
By letting go of what no longer serves us and focusing on the opportunities ahead, we can make positive changes in our lives and achieve our dreams.
I believe that incorporating letting go and moving forward quotes into our daily routine can help us cultivate a more resilient and optimistic mindset.
By reading and reflecting on these quotes regularly, we can stay motivated and inspired to make positive changes in our lives.
Next Steps – How To Incorporate Letting Go And Moving Forward Quotes Into Our Life
Incorporating letting go and moving forward quotes into our daily routine can help us cultivate a more positive and resilient mindset.
Here are some strategies that have worked for me:
- Write Down Your Favorite Quotes: When you come across a letting go or moving forward quote that resonates with you, write it down in a journal or on a sticky note. Having these quotes readily available can serve as a helpful reminder to focus on the present and keep pushing forward.
- Repeat Them To Yourself: Repeat your favorite quotes to yourself throughout the day, especially during moments of stress or anxiety. This can help shift your mindset and provide you with a sense of calm and clarity.
- Display Them In Your Living Space: Hang up your favorite quotes in your living space or workspace. Seeing them daily can help keep you motivated and inspired.
- Share Them With Others: Sharing your favorite quotes with friends and family can also help spread positivity and inspire others to let go of the past and focus on the future.
By incorporating these strategies into your daily routine, you can effectively incorporate letting go and moving forward quotes into your life and create a more positive and resilient mindset.
Frequently Asked Questions
How Can Letting Go And Moving Forward Quotes Help Me Improve My Life?
Letting go and moving forward quotes can inspire us to let go of past mistakes, traumas, or negative experiences, and focus on the present and future. By reading and reflecting on these quotes, we can cultivate a more positive and resilient mindset, which can lead to greater happiness and success.
What Are Some Popular Letting Go And Moving Forward Quotes?
Some popular letting go and moving forward quotes include:
- “The only way to do great work is to love what you do.” – Steve Jobs
- “Don’t cry because it’s over, smile because it happened.” – Dr. Seuss
- “The past cannot be changed. The future is yet in your power.” – Mary Pickford
- “The only thing a person can ever really do is keep moving forward.” – Sophie Kinsella
How Often Should I Read Or Reflect On Letting Go And Moving Forward Quotes?
This depends on your personal preference and schedule. Some people prefer to read or reflect on these quotes daily, while others may do so weekly or whenever they need a little inspiration or motivation. It’s important to find a routine that works for you and stick to it.
- Stromatolites Meanings, Healing Properties and Uses - October 7, 2023
- Green Jade Meanings, Healing Properties and Uses - October 3, 2023
- 125 Powerful Manifesting Affirmations To Achieve Your Dreams - September 21, 2023