“I’m so glad I live in a world where there are Octobers.” – Lucy Maud Montgomery
As someone who loves the fall season, October is one of my favorite months of the year.
There is something about the crisp, cool air, the changing colors of the leaves, and the anticipation of Halloween that makes me feel alive and energized.
One of the things I love most about October is the abundance of activities and events that take place during this month.
From pumpkin patches and hayrides to haunted houses and costume parties, there is never a shortage of things to do and see.
Another thing that makes October special is the sense of nostalgia that it brings.
As the year winds down and the holidays approach, there is a sense of reflection and contemplation that comes with the changing of the seasons.
Despite the many joys of October, it can also be a challenging month. With the days growing shorter and the weather becoming colder, it can be easy to feel a sense of melancholy or even dread.
To combat these feelings, I like to focus on the positive aspects of October.
I make a point to get outside and enjoy the beauty of the season, whether that means going for a hike, taking a scenic drive, or simply sitting outside and taking in the sights and sounds of autumn.
I also like to embrace the season by indulging in fall treats like pumpkin spice lattes and apple cider donuts.
These small indulgences can bring a sense of comfort and joy during a time of transition and change.
Overall, October is a month that is full of beauty, joy, and challenges.
By focusing on the positive aspects of the season and embracing the changing of the seasons, we can make the most of this transitional time of year and find meaning and purpose in the world around us.
Positive October Quotes
1. “I keep falling in love with October, Over and over again!” ― Charmaine J. Forde
2. “Listen! The wind is rising, and the air is wild with leaves, we have had our summer evenings, now for October eves.” – Humbert Wolfe
3. “October knew, of course, that the action of turning a page, of ending a chapter or shutting a book, did not end the tale.” ― Neil Gaiman
4. “And then the sun took a step back, the leaves lulled themselves to sleep, and Autumn was awaked.” — Raquel Franco
5. “What the light looks like in the pear trees, in October, is a hundred teardrops of gold, the whole orchard weeping.” ― Carole Maso
6. “But there was no autumn in the air today; the sun was still all August, although calendar August was almost two weeks gone.” ― Stephen King
7. “October is crisp days and cool nights, a time to curl up around the dancing flames and sink into a good book.” – John Sinor
8. “The clear light that belongs to October was making the landscape radiant.” – Florence Bone
9. “Autumn is springtime in reverse.” – Terri Guillemets
10. “October had tremendous possibility. The summer’s oppressive heat was a distant memory, and the golden leaves promised a world full of beautiful adventures. They made me believe in miracles.” – Sarah Guillory
Inspiring Quotes To Know
11. “Nothing is impossible to a willing heart.” – John Heywood
12. “Of all the seasons, autumn offers the most to man and requires the least of him.” – Hal Borland
13. “Live in each season as it passes: breathe the air, drink the drink, taste the fruit.” – Henry David Thoreau
14. “In the entire circle of the year there are no days so delightful as those of a fine October.” – Alexander Smith
15. “Happiness is not by chance, but by choice.” – Jim Rohn
16. “I’m so glad I live in a world where there are Octobers. It would be terrible if we just skipped from September to November, wouldn’t it? Look at these maple branches. Don’t they give you a thrill–several thrills?” ― L.M. Montgomery
17. “If you run, then allow those first few breaths on a cool Autumn day to FREEZE your lungs and do not just be alarmed, be ALIVE.” — Kyle Lake
RELATED: 183 Uplifting Quotes To Choose Happiness And Joy In Life
18. “I cannot endure to waste anything so precious as autumnal sunshine by staying in the house.” — Nathaniel Hawthorne
19. “No spring nor summer beauty hath such grace as I have seen in one autumnal face.” — John Donne
20. “October is the fallen leaf, but it is also a wider horizon more clearly seen. It is the distant hills once more in sight, and the enduring constellations above them once again.” – Hal Borland
21. “It isn’t where you came from. It’s where you’re going that counts.” – Ella Fitzgerald
22. “Autumn carries more gold in its pocket than all the other seasons.” – Jim Bishop
23. “I hope I can be the autumn leaf, who looked at the sky and lived. And when it was time to leave, gracefully it knew life was a gift.” – Dodinsky
24. “Wherever you go, go with all your heart.” – Confucius
25. “Always do what you are afraid to do.” – Ralph Waldo Emerson
26. “Autumn lingered on as if fond of its own perfection.” — Winston Graham, Ross Poldark
27. “The crickets still sing in October.” ― Kevin Dalton
28. “Every leaf speaks bliss to me, fluttering from the autumn tree.”. – Emily Brontë
29. “You don’t waste October sunshine.” ― Katherine Arden
30. “First of all, it was October, a rare month for boys.” ― Ray Bradbury
31. “I’m an October baby, yes.” – Cardi B
32. “October, the extravagant sister.” – Oliver Wendell Holmes
33. “Autumn is the antidote to stifling summer.” – Terri Guillemets
34. “I wish that every day was Saturday and every month was October.” – Charmaine J. Forde
RELATED: 93 Compassionate Wellness Quotes To Encourage And Strengthen
35. “Autumn seemed to arrive suddenly that year.” – J.K. Rowling
36. “October is a hallelujah!” – John Nichols
37. “Autumn passes and one remembers one’s reverence.” — Yoko Ono
38. “October is the treasure of the year and all the months pay bounty to her store.” – Paul Laurence Dunbar
39. “Autumn… the year’s last, loveliest smile.” – William Cullen Bryant
40. “Autumn is a second spring when every leaf is a flower.” – Albert Camus
Welcome October Month Quotes
41. “October is the fallen leaf, but it is also a wider horizon more clearly seen.” – Hal Borland
42. “Nature gives to every time and season some beauties of its own.” – Charles Dickens
43. “October arrives in a swirl of fragrant blue leaf smoke, the sweetness of slightly frosted MacIntosh apples, and little hard acorns falling.” – Jean Hersey
44. “Autumn is the time of year when Mother Nature says, “Look how easy, how healthy, and how beautiful letting go can be.” – Toni Sorenson
45. “Autumn carries more gold in its pocket than all the other seasons.” – Jim Bishop
46. “I have been younger in October than in all the months of spring.” – W. S. Merwin
47. “Autumn, the year’s last, loveliest smile.” – William C. Bryant
48. “Love the trees until their leaves fall off, then encourage them to try again next year.” – Chad Sugg
49. “Listen! The wind is rising, and the air is wild with leaves, We have had our summer evenings, now for October eves!” – Humbert Wolfe
50. “October is crisp days and cool nights, a time to curl up around the dancing flames and sink into a good book.” – John Sinor
51. “Ah, September! You are the doorway to the season that awakens my soul… but I must confess that I love you only because you are a prelude to my beloved October.” – Peggy Toney Horton
RELATED: 189 Compelling “Things To Be Grateful For” Journal Prompts For Young And Old
52. “In the entire circle of the year, there are no days so delightful as those of a fine October.” – Alexander Smith
53. “All things on earth point home in old October; sailors to sea, travelers to walls and fences, hunters to field and hollow and the long voice of the hounds, the lover to the love he has forsaken.” – Thomas Wolfe
54. “Anyone who thinks fallen leaves are dead has never watched them dancing on a windy day.” – Shira Tamir
55. “Autumn is a second spring when every leaf is a flower.” – Albert Camus
56. “I have been younger in October than in all the months of spring.” – W. S. Merwin
57. “No spring nor summer beauty hath such grace as I have seen in one autumnal face.” – John Donne
58. “Outside, a gusty October breeze was combing leaves from the trees and sending them across her backyard in colorful skitters.” – Stephen King
59. “Life starts all over again when it gets crisp in the fall.” – F. Scott Fitzgerald
60. “I would rather sit on a pumpkin and have it all to myself, than be crowded on a velvet cushion.” – Henry David Thoreau
61. “Then came October, full of merry glee.” – Edmund Spenser
RELATED: 110 Wonderful Life Path Quotes To Help You Find Your Way
62. “As long as Autumn lasts, I shall not have hands, canvas, and colors enough to paint the beautiful things I see.” – Vincent Van Gogh
63. “In the entire circle of the year there are no days so delightful as those of a fine October… – no days so calm, so tenderly solemn, and with such a reverent meekness in the air.” – Alexander Smith
64. “No spring nor summer beauty hath such grace as I have seen in one autumnal face.” – John Donne
65. “Autumn is a season followed immediately by looking forward to spring.” – Doug Larson
66. “Then came October, full of merry glee.” – Edmund Spenser
67. “Every leaf speaks bliss to me, fluttering from the autumn tree.” – Emily Bronte
68. “I’m so glad I live in a world where there are Octobers.” – Lucy Maud Montgomery
69. “Life is a dream, and Autumn is a dream within a dream!” – Mehmet Murat Ildan
70. “I notice that Autumn is more the season of the soul than of nature.” – Friedrich Nietzsche
71. “When you are reluctant to change, think of the beauty of Autumn.” – V V Brown
72. “He loved October. Had always loved it. There was something sad and beautiful about it—the ending and beginning of things.” – Jackqueline Woodson
73. “For man, Autumn is a time of harvest, of gathering together. For nature, it is a time of sowing, of scattering abroad.” – Edwin Way Teale
74. “Autumn is a second spring when every leaf is a flower.” – Albert Camus
75. “The most beautiful carpet is the carpet made of autumn leaves!” – Mehmet Murat Ildan
76. “How beautiful the leaves grow old. How full of light and color are their last days.” – John Burroughs
More October Quotes
77. “For anyone who lives in the oak-and-maple area of New England, there is a perennial temptation to plunge into a purple sea of adjectives about October.” – Hal Borland
78. “All things on earth point home in old October; sailors to sea, travellers to walls and fences, hunters to field and hollow and the long voice of the hounds, the lover to the love he has forsaken.” – Thomas Wolfe
79. “October is nature’s funeral month. Nature glories in death more than in life. The month of departure is more beautiful than the month of coming – October than May. Every green thin loves to die in bright colors.” – Henry Ward Beecher
80. “I’m so glad I live in a world where there are Octobers. It would be terrible if we just skipped from September to November, wouldn’t it?” – Lucy Maud Montgomery
81. “Delicious autumn! My very soul is wedded to it, and if I were a bird I would fly about the earth seeking the successive autumns.” – George Eliot
82. “Upstate New York in the middle of October. You can’t get more beautiful than that.” – Paul Reiser
83. “I don’t count on the boy who waits till October, when it’s cool and fun, then decides he wants to play.” – Darrell Royal
84. “October, here’s to you. Here’s to the heady aroma of the frost-kissed apples, the winey smell of ripened grapes, the wild-as-the-wind smell of hickory nuts and the nostalgic whiff of that first wood smoke.” – Ken Weber
85. “Listen! the wind is rising, and the air is wild with leaves, we have had our summer evenings, now for October eves!” – Humbert Wolfe
86. “I’m so glad I live in a world where there are Octobers.” – Lucy Maud Montgomery
87. “Autumn is a season followed immediately by looking forward to spring.” – Doug Larson
88. “O suns and skies and clouds of June, and flowers of June together. Ye cannot rival for one hour October’s bright blue weather.” – Helen Hunt
89. “Then came October, full of merry glee.” – Edmund Spenser
90.”October was always the least dependable of months … full of ghosts and shadows.” – Joy Fielding
91. “Outside, a gusty October breeze was combing leaves from the trees and sending them across her backyard in colorful skitters.” – Stephen King
RELATED: 203 Female Empowerment Quotes To Make You Feel Confident
92. “I started singing for The Phantom in January, and we started filming in October and I sang all the way through to the next June. In fact, I was singing for about two months before I even knew I had the role.” – Gerard Butler
93. “What I really want from Music: That it be cheerful and profound like an afternoon in October.” – Friedrich Nietzsche
94. “In the entire circle of the year there are no days so delightful as those of a fine October.” – Alexander Smith
95. “Autumn is a second spring when every leaf is a flower.” – Albert Camus
96. “For man, autumn is a time of harvest, of gathering together. For nature, it is a time of sowing, of scattering abroad.” – Edwin Way Teale
97. “There is no season when such pleasant and sunny spots may be lighted on, and produce so pleasant an effect on the feelings as now in October.” – Nathaniel Hawthorne
98 “October is the opal month of the year. It is the month of glory, of ripeness. It is the picture-month.” – Henry Ward Beecher
99. “O hushed October morning mild, Begin the hours of this day slow, Make the day seem to us less brief… Retard the sun with gentle mist; Enchant the land with amethyst.” – Robert Frost
100. “Bill Astor knew these papers were missing. Stephen showed his hand in October.” – Christine Keeler
101. “Delicious autumn! My very soul is wedded to it.” – George Eliot
102. “Until that afternoon in October four years ago, I hadn’t known dogs could scream.” – Stephen King
103. “I didn’t realize it was October until I saw the Chicago Cubs choking.” – Jay Leno
RELATED: 39 Powerful Vision Board Journal Prompts To Manifest Your Dreams
104. “October arrives in a swirl of fragrant blue leaf smoke, the sweetness of slightly frosted MacIntosh apples, and little hard acorns falling. We are in the midst of cool crisp days, purple mists, and Nature recklessly tossing her whole palette of dazzling tones through fields and woodlands.” – Jean Hersey
105. “October’s gold is dim — the forests rot, The weary rain falls ceaseless, while the day Is wrapped in damp.” – David Gray
106. “October is the fallen leaf, but it is also a wider horizon more clearly seen. It is the distant hills once more in sight, and the enduring constellations above them once again.” – Hal Borland
107. “October is the fallen leaf, but it is also a wider horizon more clearly seen.” – Hal Borland
108. “I long for the bulbs to arrive, for the early autumn chores are melancholy, but the planting of bulbs is the work of hope and is always thrilling.” – May Sarton
What Are Quotes And How Can They Help Us Improve Our Life?
As someone who finds inspiration in quotes, I believe they are powerful tools for personal growth and self-improvement.
Quotes are often succinct and powerful, delivering a message in just a few words that can resonate with us on a deep level.
Quotes can help us improve our lives by providing inspiration and motivation when we need it most.
They can offer a new perspective on a situation, provide words of encouragement during a challenging time, or remind us of our values and priorities.
By incorporating quotes into our daily lives, we can gain a sense of clarity, purpose, and direction.
Whether we keep a quote journal, create art featuring our favorite quotes, or simply repeat a quote as a daily affirmation, quotes can help us become our best selves and live a more meaningful and fulfilling life.
What Are October Quotes And How Can They Help Us Make Positive Change?
As someone who loves October and the changing of the seasons, I find inspiration in October quotes.
These quotes capture the beauty and essence of the fall season, and can serve as a powerful tool for personal growth and self-improvement.
October quotes can help us make positive change in our lives by providing motivation and encouragement to embrace change and focus on the positive.
They can offer new perspectives on our situations, or remind us of the importance of gratitude, mindfulness, and self-care.
By incorporating October quotes into our daily lives, we can gain a sense of clarity and purpose, and find inspiration to live a more meaningful and fulfilling life.
Whether we use them as daily affirmations, journal prompts, or share them on social media, October quotes can help us become our best selves and embrace all the beauty and wonder that the season has to offer.
Next Steps – How To Incorporate October Quotes Into Your Life
As someone who believes in the power of quotes, I have found several effective strategies for incorporating October quotes into my life. Here are some of my favorites:
- Create a quote journal: Every day, write down a quote that resonates with you and reflect on how it applies to your life.
- Use them as daily affirmations: Choose a quote that speaks to you and repeat it to yourself as a daily affirmation. This can help you stay focused and motivated throughout the day.
- Create art featuring your favorite quotes: Whether it’s a piece of calligraphy or a watercolor painting, incorporating quotes into your art can be a powerful way to express yourself and stay inspired.
- Share them on social media: Sharing quotes on social media can help spread positivity and inspire others. Plus, seeing your favorite quotes pop up in your feed can serve as a reminder to stay motivated and focused.
No matter how you choose to incorporate October quotes into your life, they can be a powerful tool for personal growth and self-improvement. So go ahead and embrace the beauty of the fall season with the help of some inspiring October quotes!
Frequently Asked Questions
As someone who loves October and the power of quotes, I’ve put together some FAQs to help you better understand how October quotes can help you make positive changes in your life.
What are some common themes in October quotes?
October quotes often focus on themes of change, growth, and gratitude. They may also center around the beauty and wonder of the fall season.
How can I incorporate October quotes into my daily routine?
There are many ways to incorporate October quotes into your daily routine, such as creating a quote journal, using them as daily affirmations, creating art featuring your favorite quotes, or sharing them on social media.
How can October quotes help me make positive changes in my life?
October quotes can serve as a source of inspiration and motivation, reminding you to embrace change, focus on the positive, and practice gratitude and self-care.
They can help you gain clarity, purpose, and direction in your life, and inspire you to become your best self.
Can October quotes be relevant outside of the fall season?
Absolutely! While October quotes may be particularly relevant during the fall season, their themes of change, growth, and gratitude are timeless and can apply to any season or stage of life.
Continue Reading 👉: 123 Fun July Quotes To Joy In Warm And Carefree Living
- 718 Negative Words That Begin With The Letter “R” - June 2, 2023
- 361 Negative Words That Begin With The Letter “Q” - June 1, 2023
- 620 Negative Words That Begin With The Letter “P” - May 31, 2023