Last Updated on August 14, 2023
Have you ever had one of those days where everything just seems to go wrong? You spill coffee on your favorite shirt, you get stuck in traffic on the way to work, and your computer crashes right before a big deadline.
It’s easy to feel overwhelmed and defeated in moments like these, but what if I told you that a simple quote could help turn your day around? That’s the power of positivity quotes.
These little snippets of wisdom can be like a ray of sunshine on a cloudy day, lifting your spirits and reminding you that there is always a brighter side to life.
Whether you’re dealing with a difficult situation, facing a challenging decision, or just feeling a bit down, a well-chosen quote can be just what you need to turn things around.
Personally, I’ve always been a big fan of quotes. As someone who loves to read and write, I find inspiration in the words of others.
But it wasn’t until recently that I realized just how powerful quotes can be for cultivating a positive mindset.
Whenever I’m feeling stressed or anxious, I turn to my favorite positivity quotes for comfort and motivation.
And I’m not alone. Positive quotes have been a source of inspiration for people for centuries, from ancient philosophers to modern-day motivational speakers.
They have the power to inspire, uplift, and empower us, no matter what challenges we may be facing.
In this article, we’ll explore some of the most inspiring quotes about positivity and how they can help you cultivate a more optimistic mindset.
We’ll delve into the science behind the power of positive thinking and how it can impact your overall well-being.
And we’ll share some practical tips for incorporating positive quotes into your daily life, so that you can experience the benefits of a more positive mindset for yourself.
So whether you’re looking for a little inspiration to get through a tough day, or you’re seeking a more positive outlook on life, this article is for you.
Let’s dive in and explore the world of positivity quotes, and discover how they can help you live your best life.
Positive Quotes To Face The Tough Times
1. “When you try to be the same as everyone else, it’s boring. When you try to fit into a mold, you become forgettable. When you try to be ‘normal,’ you become dull. Just be yourself because no one is like you. If you’re a little weird, own it. The right people will like you for it.” — Vanessa Van Edwards
2. “Train your mind to see the good in every situation.” – Unknown
3. “Success is liking yourself, liking what you do, and liking how you do it.” – Maya Angelou
4. “Go confidently in the direction of your dreams! Live the life you’ve imagined.” — Henry David Thoreau
5. “Be brave when you are scared, and humble when you are victorious.” – Unknown
6. “You can have it all. Just not all at once.” — Oprah Winfrey
7. “You may have to fight a battle more than once to win it.” – Margaret Thatcher
8. “Success consists of going from failure to failure without loss of enthusiasm.” – Winston Churchill
9. “Tell me, what do you plan to do with your one wild and precious life?” — Mary Oliver
10. “Life is like riding a bicycle. To keep your balance, you must keep moving.” — Albert Einstein
11. “Just to be alive is a grand thing.” — Agatha Christie
12. “Do not let making a living prevent you from making a life.” — John Wooden
13. “Not how long, but how well you have lived is the main thing.” — Seneca
14. “Be thankful for what you have; you’ll have more. If you concentrate on what you don’t have, you will never, ever have enough.” ― Oprah Winfrey
15. “It is never too late to be what you might have been.” — George Eliot
16. “Being deeply loved by someone gives you strength while loving someone deeply gives you courage.” — Lao Tzu
17. “In three words I can sum up everything I’ve learned about life: it goes on.” — Robert Frost
18. “All you need is the plan, the road map, and the courage to press on to your destination.” — Earl Nightingale
19. “You do not find the happy life. You make it.” – Thomas S. Monson
20. “Life is really simple, but we insist on making it complicated.” — Confucius
21. “Happiness often sneaks in through a door you didn’t know you left open.” — John Barrymore
22. “You’re never too old to chase your dreams.” — Diana Nyad
23. “The bad news is time flies. The good news is you’re the pilot.” — Michael Altshuler
24. “In the end, everything will be okay. If it’s not okay, it’s not yet the end. ” — Fernando Sabino
25. “Be thankful for all of it….There is no other life than this. You would not have stumbled into the vastly imperfect, beautiful, impossible present.” — Dani Shapiro
26. “Positive anything is better than negative nothing.” – Elbert Hubbard
27. “Don’t wait for your feelings to change to take the action. Take the action and your feelings will change.” —Barbara Baron
28. “You’re off to great places, today is your day. Your mountain is waiting, so get on your way.” – Dr. Seuss
29. “To live is the rarest thing in the world. Most people exist, that is all.” — Oscar Wilde
30. “All your dreams can come true if you have the courage to pursue them.” – Walt Disney
31. “Write it in your heart that every day is the best day in the year.” – Ralph Waldo Emerson
32. “Life shrinks or expands in proportion to one’s courage.” — Anais Nin
33. “I used to love night best, but the older I get, the more treasures and hope and joy I find in mornings.” — Terri Guillemets
34. “Winning doesn’t always mean being first. Winning means you’re doing better than you’ve done before.” – Bonnie Blair
35. “To be yourself in a world that is constantly trying to make you something else is the greatest accomplishment.” — Ralph Waldo Emerson
36. “Your time is limited, so don’t waste it living someone else’s life. Don’t be trapped by dogma – which is living with the results of other people’s thinking.” — Steve Jobs
37. “It always seems impossible until it is done.” – Nelson Mandela
38. “A positive atmosphere nurtures a positive attitude, which is required to take positive action.” – Richard M. DeVos
39. “Our life is composed greatly from dreams, from the unconscious, and they must be brought into connection with action. They must be woven together. ”― Anais Nin
40. “When the going gets tough, the tough get going.” —Joe Kennedy
Positive Quotes To Keep Your Mind Calm & Peaceful
41. “In every day, there are 1,440 minutes. That means we have 1,440 daily opportunities to make a positive impact.” – Les Brown
42. “Spread love everywhere you go. Let no one ever come to you without leaving happier.” — Mother Teresa
43. “Life is what happens when you’re busy making other plans.” — John Lennon
44. “Positive thinking will let you do everything better than negative thinking will.” – Zig Ziglar
45. “Happiness is an attitude. We either make ourselves miserable, or happy and strong. The amount of work is the same.” – Francesca Reigler
46. “When you arise in the morning, think of what a precious privilege it is to be alive, to breathe, to think, to enjoy, to love.” —Marcus Aurelius
47. “When you are enthusiastic about what you do, you feel this positive energy. It’s very simple.” – Paulo Coelho
48. “Every morning, we are born again. What we do today is what matters most.” — Buddha
49. “Once you replace negative thoughts with positive ones, you’ll start having positive results.” – Willie Nelson
50. “Morning is an important time of day because how you spend your morning can often tell you what kind of day you are going to have.” — Lemony Snicket
51. “You are never too old to set another goal or dream a new dream.” – Les Brown
52. “For the past 33 years, I have looked in the mirror every morning and asked myself: ‘If today were the last day of my life, would I want to do what I am about to do today?’ And whenever the answer has been ‘No’ for too many days in a row, I know I need to change something.” — Steve Jobs
53. “When you reach the end of your rope, tie a knot in it and hang on.” — Franklin D. Roosevelt
54. “Winning is fun, but those moments that you can touch someone’s life in a very positive way are better.” – Tim Howard
55. “In the end, it’s not the years in your life that count. It’s the life in your years.” — Abraham Lincoln
56. “Some people dream of success, while other people get up every morning and make it happen.” — Wayne Huizenga
57. “Live in the sunshine, swim the sea, drink the wild air.” — Ralph Waldo Emerson
58. “Tough times never last, but tough people do.” – Robert H. Schuller
59. “Do not go where the path may lead, go instead where there is no path and leave a trail.” — Ralph Waldo Emerson
60. “Each of us has that right, that possibility, to invent ourselves daily. If a person does not invent herself, she will be invented. So, to be bodacious enough to invent ourselves is wise.” — Maya Angelou
61. “It’s not whether you get knocked down, it’s whether you get up.” – Vince Lombardi
62. “The best and most beautiful things in the world cannot be seen or even touched – they must be felt with the heart.” — Helen Keller
63. “Everyone has highs and lows that they have to learn from, but every morning I start off with a good head on my shoulders, saying to myself, ‘It’s going to be a good day!’” — Lindsay Lohan
64. “Something special awaits you each day. All you need is to recognize it and make the most of it. Have a positive attitude throughout the day and then that today is going to be the best day of your life.” — Anonymous
65. “Never let the fear of striking out keep you from playing the game.” —Babe Ruth
66. “I arise in the morning torn between a desire to improve the world and a desire to enjoy the world.” — E. B. White
67. “In these times, you have to be an optimist to open your eyes when you awake in the morning.” — Carl Sandburg
68. “The way I see it, if you want the rainbow, you gotta put up with the rain.” – Dolly Parton
69. “You learn more from failure than from success. Don’t let it stop you. Failure builds character.”
70. “An early-morning walk is a blessing for the whole day.” — Henry David Thoreau
71. “Every morning, I wake up saying, ‘I’m still alive, a miracle.’ And so I keep on pushing.” — Jim Carrey
72. “The difference between ordinary and extraordinary is that little extra.” – Jimmy Johnson
73. “The sun is a daily reminder that we too can rise again from the darkness, that we too can shine our own light.” — S. Ajna
74. “The breeze at dawn has secrets to tell you. Don’t go back to sleep.” — Rumi
75. “Every day may not be good… but there’s something good in every day.” – Alice Morse Earle
76. “When you fail, that is when you get closer to success.” – Stephen Richards
77. “Wherever you go, no matter what the weather, always bring your own sunshine.” – Anthony J. D’Angelo
78. “To be successful, you must accept all challenges that come your way. You can’t just accept the ones you like.” – Mike Gafka
79. “Winners make a habit of manufacturing their own positive expectations in advance of the event.” – Brian Tracy
80. “Your limitation – it’s only your imagination.” – Unknown
81. “The more you praise and celebrate your life, the more there is in life to celebrate.” – Oprah Winfrey
Positive Quotes & Sayings For Success
82. “Successful people do what unsuccessful people are not willing to do. Don’t wish it were easier; wish you were better.” – Jim Rohn
83. “Winners make a habit of manufacturing their own positive expectations in advance of the event.” – Brian Tracy
84. “Success is the sum of small efforts, repeated day in and day out.” – Robert Collier
85. “When everything seems to be going against you, remember that the airplane takes off against the wind, not with it.” – Henry Ford
86. “Though no one can go back and make a brand-new start, anyone can start from no and make a brand-new ending.” – Carl Bard
87. “Be so happy that, when other people look at you, they become happy too.” – Anonymous
88. “Successful people maintain a positive focus in life no matter what is going on around them. They stay focused on their past successes rather than their past failures, and on the next action steps they need to take them closer to the fulfilment of their goals rather than all the other distractions that life presents to them.” – Jack Canfield
89. “The happiness of your life depends upon the quality of your thoughts.” – Marcus Aurelius
90. “People who are crazy enough to think they can change the world, are the ones who do.” – Rob Siltanen
91. “Success is about doing the right thing, not about doing everything right.” – Gary Keller
92. “If you are not willing to risk the usual, you will have to settle for the ordinary.” – Jim Rohn
93. “The good life is a process, not a state of being. It is a direction, not a destination.” – Carl Rogers
94. “Your positive action combined with positive thinking results in success.” – Shiv Khera
95. “Inspiration comes from within yourself. One has to be positive. When you’re positive, good things happen.” – Deep Roy
96. “Don’t be afraid to give up the good for the great.” – John Rockefeller
97. “That some achieve great success, is proof to all that others can achieve it as well.” – Abraham Lincoln
98. “Choose to be optimistic, it feels better.” – Dalai Lama
99. “To laugh often and much; to win the respect of intelligent people and the affection of children…to leave the world a better place…to know even one life has breathed easier because you have lived. This is to have succeeded.” – Ralph Waldo Emerson
100. “If you’re going through hell, keep going.” – Winston Churchill
101. “Thousands of candles can be lighted from a single candle, and the life of the candle will not be shortened. Happiness never decreases by being shared.” – Buddha
102. “I’ve learned that people will forget what you said, people will forget what you did, but people will never forget how you made them feel.” – Maya Angelou
103. “I’ve missed more than 9000 shots in my career I’ve lost almost 300 games. 26 times I’ve been trusted to take the game-winning shot and missed. I’ve failed over and over and over again in my life. And that is why I succeed.” – Michael Jordan
104. “The moment where you doubt you can fly, you cease for ever being able to do it.” – Peter Pan J.M. Barrie
105. “Staying positive does not mean everything will turn out okay. Rather, it means you will be okay no matter how things turn out.” – Unknown
106. “Happiness is a butterfly, which when pursued, is always just beyond your grasp, but which, if you will sit down quietly, may alight upon you.” – Nathaniel Hawthorne
107. “Look at the sparrows; they do not know what they will do in the next moment. Let us literally live from moment to moment.” – Mahatma Gandhi
108. “Living our life deeply and with happiness, having time to care for our loved ones – this is another kind of success, another kind of power, and it is much more important.” – Thich Nhat Hanh
109. “We may encounter many defeats but we must not be defeated.” – Maya Angelou
110. “To live a fulfilled life, we need to keep creating the ‘what is next’, of our lives. Without dreams and goals there is no living, only merely existing, and that is not why we are here.” – Mark Twain
111. “Nobody can go back and start a new beginning, but anyone can start today and make a new ending.” – Maria Robinson
112. “We all naturally want to become successful… we also want to take shortcuts. And it’s easy to do so, but you can never take away the effort of hard work and discipline and sacrifice.” – Apolo Ohno
113. “Desire is the key to motivation, but it is determination and commitment to an unrelenting pursuit of your goal – a commitment to excellence – that will enable you to attain the success you seek.” – Mario Andretti
114. “Don’t sit down and wait for the opportunities to come. Get up and make them.” – Madam C.J Walker
115. “The real test is not whether you avoid failure, because you won’t. It’s whether you let it harden or shame you into inaction, or whether you learn from it; whether you choose to persevere.” – Barack Obama
116. “I don’t harp on the negative because if you do, then there’s no progression. There’s no forward movement. You got to always look on the bright side of things, and we are in control. Like, you have control over the choices you make.” – Taraji P. Henson
117. “Be patient with yourself. Self-growth is tender; it’s holy ground. There’s no greater investment.” – Stephen Covey
118. “When your dreams are bigger than the places you find yourself in, sometimes you need to seek out your own reminders that there is more. And there is always more waiting for you on the other side of fear.” – Elaine Welteroth
119. “The world doesn’t always give you what you want, but it often gives you what you need.” – Naval Ravikant
120. “It’s all about quality of life and finding a happy balance between work and friends and family.” – Philip Green
121. “A strong, positive self-image is the best possible preparation for success.” – Joyce Brothers
122. “Always work hard and have fun in what you do because I think that’s when you’re more successful. You have to choose to do it.” – Simone Biles
123. “We must believe that we are gifted for something and that this thing must be attained.” – Marie Curie
How can reading positivity quotes be beneficial?
Reading positivity quotes can be beneficial in many ways. Here are a few:
- Boosts mood: Positive quotes can instantly uplift your mood and bring a smile to your face. They provide a burst of inspiration and motivation, making you feel more energized and enthusiastic about life.
- Increases resilience: Positivity quotes can help you develop a more resilient mindset by reminding you that challenges and setbacks are a natural part of life. They can give you the courage to persevere through tough times and stay optimistic about the future.
- Enhances perspective: Reading positivity quotes can help you see things from a more positive perspective. They can help you reframe negative situations and find the good in them, helping you to focus on solutions instead of problems.
- Encourages personal growth: Positivity quotes can inspire personal growth and self-improvement. They can motivate you to work towards your goals and pursue your passions, reminding you that anything is possible if you have a positive mindset.
- Reduces stress: Positivity quotes can help reduce stress and anxiety by providing a moment of calm and clarity. They can help you to slow down and focus on the present moment, reducing feelings of overwhelm and stress.
- Fosters gratitude: Positivity quotes can encourage feelings of gratitude and appreciation for the good things in your life. They can remind you of the blessings you have and help you to cultivate a more positive and grateful attitude.
Implementing quotes about positivity into your daily life can be a simple and effective way to improve your mindset and overall well-being.
Here are some ways you can incorporate positivity quotes into your daily routine:
- Create a daily quote ritual: Start your day by reading a positive quote that inspires and motivates you. This can help set the tone for the rest of your day and keep you focused on positive thinking.
- Use quotes as affirmations: Choose a quote that resonates with you and use it as a daily affirmation. Repeat the quote to yourself throughout the day as a reminder to stay positive and focused on your goals.
- Write quotes in a journal: Keep a journal and write down your favorite quotes about positivity. Whenever you need a boost of inspiration, read through your journal and remind yourself of the wisdom and encouragement you’ve collected.
- Display quotes in your space: Print out or write down your favorite positivity quotes and display them in places where you’ll see them often, such as on your desk, fridge, or bathroom mirror. This can help you stay motivated and positive throughout the day.
- Share quotes with others: Share your favorite positivity quotes with friends and family, or post them on social media. By spreading positivity and inspiration to others, you’ll also be reinforcing these messages in your own mind.
Frequently Asked Questions
What are some good positivity quotes to start with?
There are countless positivity quotes to choose from, but here are a few popular ones:
- “Believe you can and you’re halfway there.” -Theodore Roosevelt
- “The future belongs to those who believe in the beauty of their dreams.” -Eleanor Roosevelt
- “Be the change you wish to see in the world.” -Mahatma Gandhi
- “Positive anything is better than negative nothing.” -Elbert Hubbard
- “Happiness can be found even in the darkest of times, if one only remembers to turn on the light.” -Albus Dumbledore (Harry Potter series)
How can I use positivity quotes to improve my mental health?
Positivity quotes can be a helpful tool for improving mental health.
Incorporating them into your daily routine can help shift your mindset towards more positive thinking, which can lead to reduced stress and anxiety, improved mood, and greater resilience.
Try reading a positivity quote each morning or using one as a daily affirmation.
Can positivity quotes really make a difference?
Yes, positivity quotes can make a difference in your mindset and overall well-being.
They have the power to inspire, uplift, and motivate us, reminding us of the beauty and potential of life.
By consistently focusing on positive thinking and inspiration, you can develop a more resilient, optimistic mindset that will help you navigate life’s challenges with grace and positivity.
Continue Reading ????: 174 Positive Quotes To Cultivate An Optimistic Mindset
- Stromatolites Meanings, Healing Properties and Uses - October 7, 2023
- Green Jade Meanings, Healing Properties and Uses - October 3, 2023
- 125 Powerful Manifesting Affirmations To Achieve Your Dreams - September 21, 2023