Last Updated on August 14, 2023
“Be grateful by giving to others.” ― George Stamatis
Today I want to talk about the amazing feeling of giving. There’s nothing quite like the feeling of making someone’s day or even their life a little bit better. Explore the collection of our quotes on giving to create a bond with your loved ones.
Giving doesn’t always have to mean material things; it can be as simple as giving someone your time or attention.
For me, giving has always been an important part of my life. It started when I was a kid and my parents taught me the value of sharing and being kind to others.
Whether it was donating clothes to those in need or simply helping a neighbor with their groceries, I always felt like I was making a difference, no matter how small it may have been.
As I’ve grown older, my desire to give has only grown stronger. I find that it brings me a sense of joy and fulfillment that nothing else can match.
Whether it’s volunteering at a local charity or simply paying for someone’s coffee, I always try to find ways to give back to my community.
One of my favorite ways to give is by donating to charity. There are so many amazing organizations out there that do incredible work, and it feels good to know that my donation is making a difference. Whether it’s a small donation or a larger one, I know that every little bit helps.
Another way I love to give is by volunteering. There’s something incredibly rewarding about spending your time helping others. Whether it’s serving meals at a homeless shelter or tutoring children, I always come away feeling like I’ve made a difference in someone’s life.
But giving doesn’t always have to involve organized charity work. It can be something as simple as holding the door open for someone or giving a compliment to a stranger.
These small acts of kindness can have a big impact on someone’s day and can even inspire them to pay it forward.
Of course, giving doesn’t come without its challenges. It can be difficult to know where to start, especially if you’re new to the idea of giving. It can also be hard to find the time or resources to give, especially if you’re already stretched thin.
However, little things can make a big difference.
And if you’re not sure where to start, there are plenty of resources available to help you get started, from volunteer organizations to online donation platforms.
In the end, giving is all about making a difference in the lives of others. It’s about being a force for good in the world, no matter how small your actions may seem.
So why not give it a try? You just might find that the act of giving brings you as much joy and fulfillment as it does to those you’re helping.
Encouraging Quotes For Giving & Making A Impact On World
1. “The human contribution is the essential ingredient. It is only in the giving of oneself to others that we truly live.” – Ethyl Percy Andrus
2. “Attitude is a choice. Happiness is a choice. Optimism is a choice. Kindness is a choice. Giving is a choice. Respect is a choice. Whatever choice you make makes you. Choose wisely.” ― Roy T. Bennett
3. “Success in life has nothing to do with what you gain in life or accomplish for yourself. It’s what you do for others.” – Danny Thomas
4. “The meaning of life is to find your gift. The purpose of life is to give it away.” – Pablo Picasso
5. “The manner of giving is worth more than the gift.” ― Pierre Corneille
6. “The miracle is this: the more we share the more we have.” – Leonard Nimoy
7. “No one has ever become poor by giving.” – Anne Frank
8. “Whatever you think the world is withholding from you, you are withholding from the world.” – Eckhart Tolle
9. “It is wrong to ask for more than you give freely. In this way, we come to resemble what we hate.” ― Stephen R. Donaldson
10. “When you learn, teach. When you get, give.” – Maya Angelou
11. “We are to give (and take) true love without falling into the narcissistic habit of only trying to take it in.” ― Criss Jami
12. “You cannot receive what you don’t give. Outflow determines inflow.” – Eckhart Tolle
13. “You can give without loving, but you can never love without giving.” – Robert Louis Stevenson
14. “Our greatest weakness lies in giving up. The most certain way to succeed is always to try just one more time.” – Thomas A. Edison
15. “Kindness in words creates confidence. Kindness in thinking creates profoundness. Kindness in giving creates love.” – Mao Zedong
16. “The best gift anyone can give, I believe, is the gift of sharing themselves.” ― Lisa Haisha
17. “Let us not be satisfied with just giving money. Money is not enough, money can be got, but they need your hearts to love them. So, spread your love everywhere you go.” – Mother Teresa
18. “Be grateful by giving to others.” ― George Stamatis
19. “The fragrance always stays in the hand that gives the rose.” – George William Curtis
20. “For it is in giving that we receive.” – Francis of Assisi
21. “Getters don’t get–givers get.” ― Eugene Benge
22. “You have not lived today until you have done something for someone who can never repay you.” – John Bunyan
23. “The more you give, the more you live.” — Blake Mycoskie
24. “True giving from the heart is an expression of love.” — Cara Stein
25. “.. the act of giving creates a multiplier effect, adding something to the life of those in need but also intrinsically rewarding the giver too, making him or her happier as well. Altruistic or not – the effect is positive.” — Boris F.J. Collardi
26. “Give all you can. Then nothing can be taken from you.” ― Brandon Jenner
27. “Give what you have. To someone, it may be better than you dare to think.” — Henry Wadsworth Longfellow
28. “You don’t have to be an angel. Just be someone who can give.” — Patti LaBelle
29. “What we spend, we lose. What we keep will be left for others. What we give away will be ours forever.” ― David McGee
30. “The simple gift of giving becomes an elaborate rich aftertaste of a natural blissful feeling, lingering endlessly in my lifetime.” ― Wes Adamson
31. “Giving is always a blessing; Generosity is always life-changing.” ― Todd Stocker
32. “Help others without any reason and give without the expectation of receiving anything in return.” ― Roy T. Bennett
33. “I have found that among its other benefits, giving liberates the soul of the giver.” — Maya Angelou
34. “Remain true. Stay focused on what you personally love. Align with what you are naturally drawn to. Believe in yourself and your own loves. Give what you have inside you. Give it bravely, and give it with good intent.” ― Donna Goddard
35. “Go into the world and do well. But more importantly, go into the world and do good.”― Minor Myers
36. “Giving is not just about making a donation. It is about making a difference.” ― Kathy Calvin
37. “Every good act is charity. A man’s true wealth hereafter is the good that he does in this world to his fellows.” ― Moliere
38. “I wondered why somebody didn’t do something. Then I realized, I am somebody. ” ― Unknown
39. “Go out into the world and do good until there is too much good in the world.” ― Larry H. Miller
40. “The work of volunteers impacts all our lives, even if we are not aware of it.” ― Anthony Worrall-Thompson
41. “To know even one life has breathed easier because you have lived. This is to have succeeded.”― Ralph Waldo Emerson
42. “What we have done for ourselves alone dies with us; what we have done for others and the world remains and is immortal.” ― Albert Pike
43. “It’s not how much we give but how much love we put into giving.” ― Mother Teresa
44. “Those who are happiest are those who do the most for others.” ― Booker T. Washington
45. “If you want happiness for an hour, take a nap. If you want happiness for a day, go fishing. If you want happiness for a year, inherit a fortune. If you want happiness for a lifetime, help somebody.” ― Chinese Proverb
46. “Find a need and fill it.” ― Ruth Stafford Peale
47. “No one is more cherished in this world than someone who lightens the burden of another.” ― Author Unknown
48. “Be the change you want to see in the world.” ― Mahatma Gandhi
49. “The best things to do with the best things in life is to give them away.” ― Dorothy Day
50. “He who wished to secure the good of others, has already secured his own.” ― Confucius
51. “The true meaning of life is to plant trees under whose shade you do not expect to sit.” ― Nelson Henderson
52. “Lift up your eyes and see the good in the world, for we are people with an amazing capacity to do great good. And if only the minority choose to exercise this capacity to the smallest degree, oh how wondrous and sweet the deeds performed at but a few hands!” ― Richelle E. Goodrich
53. “Good actions give strength to ourselves and inspire good actions in others.” ― Plato
54. “Giving is not an act of depletion, it’s an act of repletion.” ― Pete Kelly
55 “Act as if what you do makes a difference. It does.” ― William James
56. “Do all the good you can. By all the means you can. In all the ways you can. In all the places you can. At all the times you can. To all the people you can. As long as ever you can.” ― John Wesley
57. “I think a hero is any person really intent on making this a better place for all people.” ― Maya Angelou
58. “The way you get meaning into your life is to devote yourself to loving others, devote yourself to your community around you, and devote yourself to creating something that gives you purpose and meaning.” ― Mitch Albom
59. “Darkness cannot drive out darkness: Only light can do that. Hate cannot drive out hate: Only love can do that.” ― Martin Luther King
60. “Kindness can transform someone’s dark moment with a blaze of light. You’ll never know how much your caring matters. Make a difference for another today.” ― Amy Leigh Mercree
61. “As one person I cannot change the world, but I can change the world of one person.” ― Paul Shane Spear
62. “There is no exercise better for the heart than reaching down and lifting people up.” ― John Holmes
63. “Happiness doesn’t result from what we get, but from what we give.” ― Ben Carson
64. “You have not lived today until you have done something for someone who can never repay you.” ― John Bunyan
65. “I am only one, but I am one. I cannot do everything, but I can do something. And I will not let what I cannot do interfere with what I can do.” ― Edward Everett Hale
66. “If you think you are too small to be effective, you have never been in bed with a mosquito.” ― Betty Reese
67. “Change will not come if we wait for some other person or some other time. We are the ones we’ve been waiting for. We are the change that we seek.”― President Barack Obama
68. “There are those who give with joy, and that joy is their reward.”― Khalil Gibran
69. “Do your little bit of good where you are; it’s those little bits of good put together that overwhelm the world.” ― Desmond Tutu
70. “Thousands of candles can be lighted from a single candle, and the life of the candle will not be shortened. Happiness never decreases by being shared.” ― Buddha
71. “A fight is going on inside me,” said an old man to his son. “It is a terrible fight between two wolves. One wolf is evil. He is anger, envy, sorrow, regret, greed, arrogance, self-pity, guilt, resentment, inferiority, lies, false pride, superiority, and ego. The other wolf is good. He is joy, peace, love, hope, serenity, humility, kindness, benevolence, empathy, generosity, truth, compassion and faith. The same fight is going on inside you.” The son thought about it for a minute and then asked, “Which wolf will win?” The old man replied simply, “The one you feed.” — Wendy Mass, Jeremy Fink and the Meaning of Life
72. “If you have much, give of your wealth; if you have little, give of your heart.” ― Arab Proverb
73. “Love and kindness are never wasted. They always make a difference. They bless the one who receives them, and they bless you, the giver.”— Barbara De Angelis
74. “Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful committed citizens can change the world: indeed, it’s the only thing that ever has.” ― Margaret Mead
75. “If you knew what I know about the power of giving you would not let a single meal pass without sharing it in some way.” – Buddha
76. “Everyone can experience the joy and blessing of generosity; because everyone has something to give.” – Jan Grace
77. “The value of a man resides in what he gives and not in what he is capable of receiving.” – Albert Einstein
78. “There is a wonderful mythical law of nature that the three things we crave most in life — happiness, freedom, and peace of mind — are always attained by giving them to someone else.” – Peyton Conway March
79. “Think of giving not as a duty but as a privilege.” – John D. Rockefeller Jr.
80. “Behold I do not give lectures or a little charity, when I give I give myself.” ― Walt Whitman
81. “Always give without remembering and always receive without forgetting.” ― Brian Tracy
82. “Since you get more joy out of giving joy to others, you should put a good deal of thought into the happiness that you are able to give.” – Eleanor Roosevelt
83. “Give, but give until it hurts.” ― Mother Teresa
84. “At the end it’s not about what you have or even what you’ve accomplished. It’s about who you’ve lifted up, who you’ve made better. It’s about what you’ve given back.” – Denzel Washington
85. “You often say; I would give, but only to the deserving, The trees in your orchard say not so, nor the flocks in your pasture. Surely he who is worthy to receive his days and nights is worthy of all else from you. And he who has deserved to drink from the ocean of life deserves to fill his cup from your little stream. See first that you yourself deserve to be a giver, and an instrument of giving. For in truth it is life that gives unto life-while you, who deem yourself a giver, is but a witness.” ― Khalil Gibran, The Prophet
86. “When you learn, teach. When you get, give.” ― Maya Angelou
87. “Always have a willing hand to help someone, you might be the only one that does.” ― Roy T. Bennett
88. “Giving does not only preceed receiving; it is the reason for it. It is in giving that we receive.” ― Israelmore Ayivor
89. “No one is useless in this world who lightens the burdens of another.” – Charles Dickens
90. “The best way to find yourself is to lose yourself in the service of others.” — Mahatma Gandhi
91. “It’s easier to take than to give. It’s nobler to give than to take. The thrill of taking lasts a day. The thrill of giving lasts a lifetime.” ― Joan Marques
92. “The most truly generous persons are those who give silently without hope of praise or reward.” ― Carol Ryrie Brink
93. “When one gives, two get happy.” ― Amit Kalantri, Wealth of Words
94. “Give yourself entirely to those around you. Be generous with your blessings. A kind gesture can reach a wound that only compassion can heal.” ― Steve Maraboli
95. “I don’t think you ever stop giving. I really don’t. I think it’s an on-going process. And it’s not just about being able to write a check. It’s being able to touch somebody’s life.” – Oprah Winfrey
96. “If you can’t feed a hundred people, then just feed one.” ― Mother Theresa
97. “As we work to create light for others, we naturally light our own way.” ― Mary Anne Radmacher
98. “We make a living by what we get, but we make a life by what we give.” ― Winston Churchill
99. “Giving to others will not take away from what you have but will in fact add to your life.” – Catherine Pulsifer
100. “You give but little when you give of your possessions. It is when you give of yourself that you truly give.” ― Kahlil Gibran
101. “Presents are made for the pleasure of who gives them, not the merits of who receives them.” ― Carlos Ruiz Zafón
102. “Love only grows by sharing. You can only have more for yourself by giving it away to others.” ― Brian Tracy
103. “Good works is giving to the poor and the helpless, but divine works is showing them their worth to the One who matters.” ― Criss Jami
What Are Quotes And How Can They Help Us Improve Our Lives?
Quotes are short, powerful statements that can inspire, motivate, and uplift us. They are usually spoken or written by someone who has experienced something significant and wants to share their wisdom with others.
For me, quotes have been a great source of inspiration and guidance. When I feel lost or unsure of myself, I turn to quotes for a boost of motivation.
They remind me of the power of positive thinking and the importance of perseverance. Quotes can also help us improve our lives by providing us with a new perspective.
Sometimes, we get stuck in our own ways of thinking and need someone to shake us out of it. A good quote can do just that by challenging us to think differently and consider new ideas.
In addition, quotes can also serve as a reminder of the things that truly matter in life. They can help us stay focused on our goals and priorities, and remind us to live in the present moment.
Overall, quotes are a valuable tool that can help us improve our lives in many ways.
Whether we need inspiration, guidance, or a new perspective, there is a quote out there that can help us achieve our goals and live our best lives.
What Are Giving Quotes And How Can They Help Us To Make Positive Change In Our Lives?
Giving quotes can help us make positive changes in our lives. Giving is a powerful act that can bring joy and fulfillment to both the giver and the receiver.
It’s no wonder that there are countless quotes out there about the importance of giving.
For me, giving quotes serve as a reminder of the impact that my actions can have on others. They inspire me to be more generous and compassionate in my daily life, and to look for ways to give back to my community.
Giving quotes can also challenge us to think about the way we live our lives and the values that we hold dear.
They remind us that it’s not just about what we accumulate in life, but what we give back to others that truly matters.
In short, giving quotes can help us to make positive changes in our lives by inspiring us to be more generous, compassionate, and mindful of the impact we have on others.
So why not seek out a few giving quotes that resonate with you and see how they can help you to make a difference in the world?
Next Steps – How To Incorporate Giving Quotes Into Our Lives
Let’s talk about some specific ways to incorporate giving quotes into our lives so they really have an impact. It’s one thing to read a quote and feel inspired, but it’s another thing entirely to put those words into action.
Here are some ideas on how to make giving quotes a meaningful part of your life:
- Write them down – Write down your favorite giving quotes and keep them in a place where you’ll see them regularly. This could be on your fridge, your desk, or even in your phone as a daily reminder.
- Share them with others – Share your favorite giving quotes with friends, family, or on social media. You never know who might need a little bit of inspiration in their day.
- Use them as mantras – Choose a giving quote that resonates with you and use it as a personal mantra. Repeat it to yourself when you need a little extra motivation.
- Incorporate them into your daily routine – Use giving quotes to inspire your daily actions. Maybe you’ll start volunteering at a local charity or make a conscious effort to compliment someone each day.
- Make them part of your gift-giving – Instead of a generic card, include a meaningful giving quote with your gift. It will add a personal touch and hopefully inspire the recipient as well.
Ultimately, the key is to find ways to make giving quotes a meaningful part of your life. Whether it’s through writing them down, sharing them with others, or incorporating them into your daily routine, there are plenty of ways to let these inspiring words have a lasting impact.
Frequently Asked Questions
How can giving quotes help me be more generous?
Giving quotes can inspire and motivate you to be more mindful of the impact you have on others and encourage you to find ways to give back to your community.
You can share them with friends, family, or on social media. You can also incorporate them into your gift-giving by including a meaningful quote with your present.
Continue Reading ????: 217 Motivating Quotes On Making A Difference To Help You Effect Positive Change
- Stromatolites Meanings, Healing Properties and Uses - October 7, 2023
- Green Jade Meanings, Healing Properties and Uses - October 3, 2023
- 125 Powerful Manifesting Affirmations To Achieve Your Dreams - September 21, 2023