Last Updated on August 16, 2023
Through words and actions, I have come to understand the power that each individual holds to make a difference. Get inspired with quotes to make a difference in your life.
One of the most powerful tools at our disposal is the ability to inspire and be inspired by the words of others.
Quotes, in particular, have a unique ability to distill complex ideas and emotions into concise, impactful phrases that resonate with people from all walks of life.
In this article, I will explore some of the most memorable and impactful quotes about making a difference.
These quotes come from a variety of sources, including historical figures, activists, artists, and writers.
Each quote offers a unique perspective on the power of individual action and the importance of taking steps towards positive change.
While it can be easy to feel overwhelmed by the challenges facing our world today, I believe that each person has the power to make a positive impact, no matter how small.
By exploring these quotes and reflecting on their messages, I hope to inspire readers to take action towards positive change in their own lives and communities.
Whether it’s through volunteering, donating to a cause, or simply treating others with kindness and respect, each of us has the power to make a difference.
So let’s dive in and explore some of the most inspiring quotes about making a difference!
Quotes About Making A Difference In The World
1. “Everybody can be great because anybody can serve.” – Dr. Martin Luther King, Jr.
2. “We can change the world and make it a better place. It is in your hands to make a difference.” – Nelson Mandela
3. “I am only one, but I am still one. I cannot do everything, but I can still do something. And because I cannot do everything, I will not refuse to do the something that I can do.” – Helen Keller.
4. “You must be the change you wish to see in the world.” – Gandhi
5. “Be brave enough to start a conversation that matters.”
6. “What you do makes a difference, and you have to choose what kind of difference you want to make.” – Jane Goodall
7. “I have the power to create change.”
8. “Unless someone like you cares a whole awful lot, nothing is going to get better. It’s not.” – The Lorax, Dr. Seuss
9. “Act as if what you do makes a difference. IT DOES.” – William James
RELATED: 210 Inspiring Quotes To Motivate Men
10. “Every time you spend money, you are casting a vote for the kind of world you want.” – Anna Lappe
11. “You are never too small to make a difference.”
12. “You really can change the world if you care enough.” – Marian Wright Edelman.
Quotes On Making An Impact From Inspiring Women
13. “If we are to better the future we must disturb the present.” – Catherine Booth
14. “Memories of our lives, of our works and our deeds will continue in others.” – Rosa Parks
15. “Being a working mom, you want to make a difference in our schools, which is making a difference in our children and ultimately it’s making a difference in our community.” – Kimora Lee Simmons
16. “The Bible says that Christians are the salt of the earth and the light of the world. On the job, in the grocery store, even among unsaved friends and family members, God’s people are there to bring seasoning to an unsavory situation.” – Joyce Meyer
17. “The thing to do, it seems to me, is to prepare yourself so you can be a rainbow in somebody else’s cloud. Somebody who may not look like you. May not call God the same name you call God… I may not dance your dances or speak your language. But be a blessing to somebody. That’s what I think.” – Maya Angelou
18. “Often we set out to make a difference in the lives of others only to discover we have made a difference in our own.” – Ellie Braun-Haley
19. “Let us remember: One book, one pen, one child, and one teacher can change the world.” – Malala Yousafzai
20. “Every great dream begins with a dreamer. Always remember, you have within you the strength, the patience, and the passion to reach for the stars to change the world.” – Harriet Tubman
21. “You do only live once, and I feel like if I’m able to make a difference on this planet and leave it just a little better than I found it, then I’ve done my job.” – Bindi Irwin
22. “When women are empowered, they make an enormous impact on the world.” – Mandy Moore
23. “Doing good holds the power to transform us on the inside, and then ripple out in ever-expanding circles that positively impact the world at large.” – Shari Arison
24. “A Christian reveals true humility by showing the gentleness of Christ, by being always ready to help others, by speaking kind words and performing unselfish acts, which elevate and ennoble the most sacred message that has come to our world.” – Ellen G. White
Quotes On Success For Making A Difference
25. “My ideas have undergone a process of emergence by emergency. When they are needed badly enough, they are accepted.” – R. Buckminster Fuller
26. “Kindness trumps greed: it asks for sharing. Kindness trumps fear: it calls forth gratefulness and love. Kindness trumps even stupidity, for with sharing and love, comes learning.” – Marc Estrin
27. “A society that has more justice is a society that needs less charity.” – Ralph Nader
28. “Man’s mind, once stretched by a new idea, never regains its original dimensions.” – Oliver Wendell Holmes
29. “A good head and good heart are always a formidable combination. But when you add to that a literate tongue or pen, then you have something very special.” – Nelson Mandela
30. “Ability in man is an apt good, if it be applied to good ends.” – Diogenes
31. “There is no greater reward than working from your heart, and making a difference in the world.” – Carlos Santana
32. “If you fail to prepare you are preparing to fail.” – Anonymous
33. “It’s easy to make a buck. It’s a lot tougher to make a difference.” – Tom Brokaw
34. “We deal with our mind from morning till evening, and it can be our best friend or our worst enemy.” – Matthieu Ricard
35. “Ability is active power.” – Noah Webster
36. “It is failure that gives you the proper perspective on success.” – Ellen DeGeneres
37.” Happiness is a skill, emotional balance is a skill, compassion and altruism are skills, and like any skill they need to be developed. That’s what education is about.” – Matthieu Ricard
38. “A hero is someone who has given his or her life to something bigger than oneself.” – Joseph Campbell
39. “I have learned that success is to be measured not so much by the position that one has reached in life as by the obstacles which he has overcome while trying to succeed.” – Booker T. Washington
40. “Good, better, best. Never let it rest. Until your good is better and your better is best.” – Tim Duncan
41. “Native ability without education is like a tree which bears no fruit.” – Aristippus
42. “Give me power but for a single day, and it is mine forever.” – Semiramis
43. “Desperation is a necessary ingredient to learning anything, or creating anything. Period.” – Jim Carrey
44. “I want you to understand that your first duty is to humanity. I want others to look at us and see that we care not just about ourselves but about others.” – Madam C. J. Walker (née Sarah Breedlove)
45. “To become an able man in any profession, there are three things necessary – nature, study, and practice.” – Aristotle
46. “Be thankful for everything that happens in your life; it’s all an experience.” – Roy T. Bennett
47. “The mind has exactly the same power as the hands: not merely to grasp the world, but to change it.” – Colin Wilson
48. “If thou art a man, admire those who attempt great enterprises, even though they fail.” – Lucius Annaeus Seneca
49. “More concretely: no transformation without our feet on the ground. Stewardship means, for most of us, find your place on the planet, dig in, and take responsibility from there..”. – Gary Snyder
50. “One important key to success is self-confidence. An important key to self-confidence is preparation.” – Arthur Ashe
51. “We rate ability in men by what they finish, not by what they attempt.” – Norman Macdonald
52. “He who knows when he can fight and when he cannot will be victorious.” – Sun Tzu
53. “Talent is never enough. With few exceptions the best players are the hardest workers.” – Earvin Magic Johnson
Quotes On Making A Positive Difference In The World
54. “Each time a man stands up for an ideal, or acts to improve the lot of others, or strikes out against injustice, he sends forth a tiny ripple of hope, and crossing each other from a million different centers of energy and daring, those ripples build a current that can sweep down the mightiest walls of oppression and resistance.” – Robert Kennedy
55. “Our greatness lies not so much in being able to remake the world as being able to remake ourselves.” – Mahatma Gandhi
56. “Praise is like sunlight to the human spirit. We cannot flower and grow without it.” – Jess lair
57. “What you do today is important because you are exchanging a day of your life for it.” – Unknown“When you encourage others, you in the process are encouraged because you’re making a commitment and difference in that person’s life. Encouragement really does make a difference.” ~Zig Ziglar
58. “Do what you have to do until you can do what you want to do.” – Oprah Winfrey
RELATED: 95 Of Don Miguel Ruiz’s Best Quotes
59. “Be the person who breaks the cycle. If you were judged, choose understanding. If you were rejected, choose acceptance. If you were shamed, choose compassion. Be the person you needed when you were hurting, not the person who hurt you. Vow to be better than what broke you—to heal instead of becoming bitter so you can act from your heart, not your pain.” – Lori Deschene
60. “Be the person that makes others feel special. Be known for your kindness and grace.” – Unknown
61. “Do not wait for leaders; do it alone, person to person.” – Mother Teresa
62. “He who lives in harmony with himself lives in harmony with the world.” – Marcus Aurelius
63. “We can choose to be affected by the world or we can choose to affect the world.” – Heidi Wills
64. “We are each gifted in a unique and important way. It is our privilege and our adventure to discover our own special light.” – Mary Dunbar
65. “Don’t wait for people to be friendly. Show them how.” – Unknown
66. “Be the change you wish to see in the world.” – Gandhi
67. “All appears to change when we change.” – Henri-Frédéric Amiel
68. “I love inspiring people, and if I can make a DIFFERENCE in one person’s life, then that’s success for me.” – Sasha Azevedo
69. “Everyone thinks of changing the world, but no one thinks of changing himself.” – Leo Tolstoy
70. “There are two ways of spreading light: be the candle or the mirror that reflects it.” – Edith Wharton
71. “To be content doesn’t mean you don’t desire more, it means you’re thankful for what you have and patient for what’s to come.” – Tony Gaskins
72. “To make a DIFFERENCE in someone’s life, you don’t have to be brilliant, rich, beautiful, or perfect. You just have to care.” – Mandy Hale
73. “Everything that happens to you is a reflection of what you believe about yourself. We cannot outperform our level of self-esteem. We cannot draw to ourselves more than we think we are worth.” -Iyanla Vanzant
74. “I’ve seen and met angels wearing the disguise of ordinary people living ordinary lives.” – Tracy Chapman
75. “Each one of us can make a DIFFERENCE. Together we make change.” – Barbara Mikulski
76. “The purpose of life is to contribute in some way to making things better.” – Robert Kennedy
77. “Yesterday I was clever, so I wanted to change the world. Today I am wise, so I am changing myself.” – Rumi
78. “It’s not about saying the right things. It’s about doing the right things.” – Unknown
Irresistible Quotes For Making A Difference
79. B”ut Eagle avoids rain by flying above the Clouds. Problems are common, but attitude makes the difference!!!” – Abdul Kalam
80. “Attitude is a little thing that makes a big difference.” – Winston Churchill
81. “It’s now more about your passion for excellence and making a difference. You can lead without a title.” – Robin Sharma
82. “This is the principal difference between a dog and a man. ” – Mark Twain
83. “What you do makes a difference, and you have to decide what kind of difference you want to make.” – Jane Goodall
84. “It is to be useful, to be honorable, to be compassionate, to have it make some difference that you have lived and lived well.” – Ralph Waldo Emerson
85. “Success isn’t about how much money you make, it’s about the difference you make in people’s lives.” — Michelle Obama
86. “Everything in your life is a reflection of a choice you have made. If you want a different result, make a different choice.” – Unknown
87. “If you think you’re too small to make a difference, you haven’t spent a night with a mosquito.” – African Proverbs
88. “If you want happiness for a lifetime, help someone else.” – Confucius
89. “Even small acts of kindness can make a profound difference to somebody else.” – Misha Collins
90. “It is what difference we have made to the lives of others that will determine the significance of the life we lead.” – Nelson Mandela
RELATED: 210 Inspiring Quotes To Motivate Men
Quotes For Making A Difference To Help Change The World
91. “An individual can make a difference, but a team can make a miracle.” – Doug Pederson
92. “No act of kindness no matter how small is ever wasted.” – Aesop
93. “Every time you forgive, the universe changes; every time you reach out and touch a heart or a life, the world changes.” – William Paul Young, The Shack
94. “It’s the curiosity that drives me. It’s making a difference in the world that prevents me from ever giving up.” – Deborah Meier
95. “Aim to make a difference in someone’s life every single day, including your own.” – Dow Zantamata
96. “Each one of us can make a difference. Together we make change.” – Barbara Mikulski
97. “It’s not about what I SEE for our future, or humanity; It’s about what I DO for our future and humanity.” – Steve Maraboli
98. “If you cannot feed a hundred people, feed one.” – Mother Teresa
99. “Unless you walk out into the unknown, the odds of making a profound difference in your life are pretty low.” – Tom Peters
100. “No act of kindness no matter how small is ever wasted.” – Aesop
101. “Act as if what you do makes a difference, it does.” – William James
102. “It’s easy to make a buck. It’s a lot tougher to make a difference.” – Tom Brokaw
103. “Your life is your message to the world. Make sure it’s inspiring.” – Unknown
104. “We can choose to be affected by the world or we can choose to affect the world.” – Heidi Wills
105. “What you do makes a difference, and you have to decide what kind of difference you want to make.” – Jake Goodall
106. “Regardless of whatever I do, I know what my purpose is: to make a difference in people’s lives.” – Tim Tebow
107. “Believe with all your heart that how you live your life makes a difference.” – Colin Brown
108. “We can change the world and make it a better place. It is in our hands to make a difference.” – Nelson Mandela
109. “The mind has exactly the same power as the hands: not merely to grasp the world, but to change it.” – Colin Wilson
110. “Never doubt that one person can make a difference.” – Ingrid Newkirk
How Can Reading Quotes About Making A Difference Be Helpful?
Quotes about making a difference can be beneficial in many ways. Here are a few:
- They can inspire action: Sometimes, all it takes is a few well-chosen words to motivate someone to take action. Quotes about making a difference can inspire people to get involved in their communities, volunteer for causes they care about, or make positive changes in their own lives.
- They can provide perspective: When faced with overwhelming challenges or problems, it can be easy to feel discouraged and powerless. Quotes about making a difference can provide perspective and remind us that even small actions can have a big impact.
- They can foster a sense of community: Many quotes about making a difference emphasize the importance of working together and supporting one another. By sharing these quotes with others, we can help foster a sense of community and encourage collaboration towards common goals.
- They can promote empathy and compassion: Quotes about making a difference often focus on issues related to social justice, equality, and human rights. By reflecting on these quotes, we can cultivate empathy and compassion for those who are marginalized or oppressed, and take steps to support and uplift them.
- They can encourage personal growth: Making a difference in the world often requires us to step outside of our comfort zones and challenge ourselves. Quotes about making a difference can encourage us to push past our fears and limitations, and strive to be the best versions of ourselves.
Implementing quotes about making a difference into daily life can be a powerful way to stay motivated and focused on positive change.
Here are some ways to do so:
- Use quotes as daily affirmations: Choose a quote about making a difference that resonates with you, and make it a daily affirmation. Repeat the quote to yourself in the morning or throughout the day as a reminder of your goals and values.
- Incorporate quotes into your surroundings: Write down quotes about making a difference on post-it notes and stick them on your fridge, computer, or mirror. Seeing these quotes throughout the day can help keep you motivated and focused on your goals.
- Share quotes with others: Share quotes about making a difference with friends, family, and colleagues. By spreading these messages of hope and inspiration, you can help create a more positive and supportive environment.
- Find inspiration in quotes during difficult times: When faced with challenges or setbacks, turn to quotes about making a difference for inspiration and motivation. These quotes can remind you of the power of individual action and help you stay focused on positive change.
- Use quotes to reflect on your values and goals: Take time to reflect on the meaning behind quotes about making a difference. Ask yourself how these quotes align with your values and goals, and think about how you can incorporate them into your daily life.
Frequently Asked Questions
How Do I Find Quotes About Making A Difference?
There are many ways to find quotes about making a difference.
You can search for quotes online using search engines or social media platforms, or browse quote collections or books focused on social justice and activism.
You can also find quotes by following activists, writers, and artists on social media or attending events focused on social justice and activism.
Can Quotes About Making A Difference Really Make A Difference?
Yes, quotes about making a difference can make a difference.
While quotes alone may not solve the world’s problems, they can inspire and motivate individuals to take action towards positive change.
Quotes can provide perspective, foster community, promote empathy and compassion, and encourage personal growth.
By using quotes as daily affirmations, incorporating them into surroundings, sharing them with others, finding inspiration in them during difficult times, and reflecting on their meaning, individuals can stay motivated and inspired on their journey towards making a difference.
What Are Some Famous Quotes About Making A Difference?
There are many famous quotes about making a difference. Here are a few examples:
- “Be the change you wish to see in the world.” – Mahatma Gandhi
- “The best way to predict the future is to create it.” – Peter Drucker
- “Our lives begin to end the day we become silent about things that matter.” – Martin Luther King Jr.
- “The power of the people is greater than the people in power.” – Wael Ghonim
- “Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world; indeed, it’s the only thing that ever has.” – Margaret Mead
These quotes, and many others like them, have inspired individuals to take action towards positive change and make a difference in the world.
Continue Reading ????: 320 Monday Blessings To Start Your Week Off Right
- Stromatolites Meanings, Healing Properties and Uses - October 7, 2023
- Green Jade Meanings, Healing Properties and Uses - October 3, 2023
- 125 Powerful Manifesting Affirmations To Achieve Your Dreams - September 21, 2023