Last Updated on August 16, 2023
Resilience quotes is a quality that we all admire, but it’s not always easy to cultivate.
Life can throw curveballs that knock us off our feet, and it’s in those moments that we need to tap into our inner strength to keep going.
That’s where resilience quotes come in.
As someone who has faced their fair share of challenges in life, I’ve often found comfort and inspiration in the words of others who have been through similar struggles.
Quotes that speak to the power of perseverance and the human spirit have helped me find the courage to keep pushing forward when I felt like giving up.
Whether you’re dealing with a setback at work, a health issue, a relationship problem, or just the stress and uncertainty of everyday life, resilience quotes can be a powerful tool for boosting your resilience and helping you stay motivated.
In this article, we’ll explore some of the most inspiring and uplifting resilience quotes from famous thinkers, writers, and leaders throughout history, that will offer insight, wisdom, and hope for anyone facing tough times.
But resilience isn’t just about bouncing back from adversity. It’s also about learning from our experiences and using them to grow and become stronger.
That’s why we’ll also be sharing quotes that encourage us to see challenges as opportunities for growth and self-discovery.
So if you’re looking for some inspiration and encouragement to help you build your resilience, you’ve come to the right place.
These quotes remind us that we’re all capable of overcoming adversity and thriving in the face of challenges.
They offer hope, wisdom, and insight into the human spirit, and they remind us that even in our darkest moments, we can find the strength to keep moving forward.
Positive Resilience Quotes
1. “Life doesn’t get easier or more forgiving, we get stronger and more resilient.” – Steve Maraboli
2. “Enthusiasm is common. Endurance is rare.” – Angela Duckworth
3. “The oak fought the wind and was broken, the willow bent when it must and survived.” – Robert Jordan
4. “The human capacity for burden is like bamboo- far more flexible than you’d ever believe at first glance.” – Jodi Picoult
5. “If your heart is broken, make art with the pieces.” – Shane Koyczan
6. “No matter how much falls on us, we keep plowing ahead. That’s the only way to keep the roads clear.” – Greg Kincaid
7. “My barn having burned down, I can now see the moon.” – Mizuta Masahide
8. “Persistence and resilience only come from having been given the chance to work through difficult problems.” – Gever Tulley
9. “You may have to fight a battle more than once to win it.” – Margaret Thatcher
10. “It’s your reaction to adversity, not adversity itself that determines how your life’s story will develop.” – Dieter F. Uchtdorf
11. “Do not judge me by my success, judge me by how many times I fell down and got back up again.” – Nelson Mandela
12. “I can be changed by what happens to me. But I refuse to be reduced by it.” – Maya Angelou
13. “Rock bottom became the solid foundation in which I rebuilt my life.” – J.K. Rowling
14. “She stood in the storm and when the wind did not blow her way, she adjusted her sails.” – Elizabeth Edwards
15. “A good half of the art of living is resilience.” – Alain de Botton
16. “Grief and resilience live together.” – Michelle Obama
17. “I tried and failed. I tried again and again and succeeded.” – Gail Borden
18. “The difference between a strong man and a weak one is that the former does not give up after a defeat.” – Woodrow Wilson
19. “It may sound strange, but many champions are made champions by setbacks.” – Bob Richards
20. “Only those who dare to fail greatly, can ever achieve greatly.” – Robert F. Kennedy
21. “Forget mistakes. Forget failures. Forget everything except what you are going to do right now, and do it. Today is your lucky day.” – Will Durant
22. “Although the world is full of suffering, it is also full of the overcoming of it.” – Helen Keller
23. “If you’re going through hell, keep going.” -Winston Churchill
24. “Resilience is the ability to attack while running away.” -Wes Fessler
25. “Resilience is based on compassion for ourselves as well as compassion for others.” -Sharon Salzberg
Quotes About Resilience & Strength
26. “Out of suffering have emerged the strongest souls; the most massive characters are seared with scars.” – Kahlil Gibran
27. “It’s crazy, how similar we are. Here are both of us, working through our stuff, trying to make something positive out of something really bad.” – Jenny Han
28. “It is really wonderful how much resilience there is in human nature. Let any obstructing cause, no matter what, be removed in any way, even by death, and we fly back to first principles of hope and enjoyment.” – Bram Stoker
29. “I will not be another flower, picked for my beauty and left to die. I will be wild, difficult to find, and impossible to forget.” – Erin Van Vuren
30. “No matter how you define success, you will need to be resilient, empowered, authentic, and limber to get there.” – Joanie Connell
31. “Indeed, this life is a test. It is a test of many things – of our convictions and priorities, our faith and our faithfulness, our patience and our resilience, and in the end, our ultimate desires.” – Sheri L. Dew
Resilience Quotes From The Bible
32. “Blessed is the one who perseveres under trial because, having stood the test, that person will receive the crown of life that the Lord has promised to those who love him.” – James 1:12
33. “Be strong, and let your heart take courage, all you who wait for the Lord!” – Psalm 21:24
34. “Stand firm, and you will win life.” – Luke 21:19
35. “I am able to do all things through Him who strengthens me.” – Philippians 4:13
36. “Be on your guard; stand firm in the faith; be courageous; be strong.” – 1 Corinthians 16:13
37. “No, in all these things we are more than conquerors through him who loved us.” – Romans 8:37
38. “I consider that the sufferings of this present time are not worth comparing with the glory that is to be revealed to us.” – Romans 8:18
Resilience Quotes For Kids
39. “Success is not final, failure is not fatal. It is the courage to continue that counts.” – Winston Churchill
40. “Character cannot be developed in ease and quiet. Only through experience of trial and suffering can the soul be strengthened, ambition inspired, and success achieved.” – Helen Keller
41. “You can’t be that kid standing at the top of the waterslide, overthinking it. You have to go down the chute.” – Tina Fey
42. “I learned that courage was not the absence of fear, but the triumph over it. The brave man is not he who does not feel afraid, but he who conquers that fear.” – Nelson Mandela
43. “It is hard to fail, but it is worse never to have tried to succeed.” – Theodore Roosevelt
44. “Strength does not come from winning. Your struggles develop your strengths. When you go through hardships and decide not to surrender, that is a strength.” – Arnold Schwarzenegger
45. “We gain strength, and courage, and confidence by each experience in which we really stop to look fear in the face… we must do that which we think we cannot.” – Eleanor Roosevelt
46. “Fear of failure is the fuel of achievement. If you weren’t afraid to fail, you probably wouldn’t be highly motivated to work at the level that most of us have to work to do well.” – Ruth Simmons
47. “A dream doesn’t become reality through magic; it takes sweat, determination, and hard work.” – Colin Powell
48. “I wouldn’t be where I am now if I didn’t fail … a lot. The good, the bad, it’s all part of the success equation.” – Mark Cuban
Resilience Quotes To Inspire You
49. “Experience life in all possible ways — good-bad, bitter-sweet, dark-light, summer-winter. Experience all the dualities. Don’t be afraid of experience, because the more experience you have, the more mature you become.” – Osho
50. “Resilience can go an awful long way.” – Eddie the Eagle
51. “We will either find a way, or make one.” – Anibal Barca
52. “Whatever the mind of man can conceive and believe, it can achieve.” – Napoleon Hill
53. “Fall seven times, stand up eight.” – Proverb
54. “Stay committed to your decisions, but stay flexible in your approach.” – Anthony Robbins
55. “Turn your wounds into wisdom.” – Oprah Winfrey
56. “The only limit to our realization of tomorrow will be our doubts of today.” – Franklin D. Roosevelt
57. “When one door of happiness closes, another opens; but often we look so long at the closed door that we do not see the one which has been opened for us.” – Helen Keller
Resilience Quotes To Help You Move Forward
58. “Resilience is very different than being numb. Resilience means you experience, you feel, you fail, you hurt. You fall. But, you keep going.” – Yasmin Mogahed
59. “Resilience is accepting your new reality, even if it’s less good than the one you had before.” – Elizabeth Edwards
60. “Part of resilience is deciding to make yourself miserable over something that matters, or deciding to make yourself miserable over something that doesn’t matter.” – Elizabeth Edwards
61. “The farther backward you can look, the farther forward you are likely to see.” – Winston Churchill
62. “We are not a product of what has happened to us in our past. We have the power of choice.” – Stephen Covey
Resilience Quotes To Inspire Success
63. “The moment we believe that success is determined by an ingrained level of ability as opposed to resilience and hard work, we will be brittle in the face of adversity.” – Joshua Waitzkin
64. “In order to succeed, people need a sense of self-efficacy, to struggle together with resilience to meet the inevitable obstacles and inequities of life.” – Albert Bandura
65. “A successful man is one who can lay a firm foundation with the bricks that others throw at him.” – David Brinkley
66. “The greatest glory in living lies not in never falling, but in rising every time we fall.” – Nelson Mandela
67. “Don’t be distracted by criticism. Remember–the only taste of success some people get is to take a bite out of you.” – Zig Ziglar
68. “Success seems to be connected with action. Successful people keep moving. They make mistakes, but they don’t quit.” – Conrad Hilton
69. “The only place where success comes before work is in the dictionary.” – Vidal Sassoon
70. “People who succeed have momentum. The more they succeed, the more they want to succeed, and the more they find a way to succeed. Similarly, when someone is failing, the tendency is to get on a downward spiral that can even become a self-fulfilling prophecy.” – Tony Robbins
71. “Victory is sweetest when you’ve known defeat.” – Malcolm S. Forbes
72. “If you really look closely, most overnight successes took a long time.” – Steve Jobs
73. “Our greatest weakness lies in giving up. The most certain way to succeed is always to try just one more time.” – Thomas Edison
74. “Success is not final; failure is not fatal: It is the courage to continue that counts.” – Winston S. Churchill
75. “The road to success and the road to failure are almost exactly the same.” – Colin R. Davis
76. “Success is walking from failure to failure with no loss of enthusiasm.” – Winston S. Churchill
More Resilience Quotes & Sayings
77. “There’s no such thing as ruining your life. Life’s a pretty resilient thing, it turns out.” – Sophie Kinsella
78. “Resilience is born by grounding yourself in your own loveliness, hitting notes you thought were way out of your range.” – Gregory Boyle
79. “Resilience is not about being able to bounce back like nothing has happened. Resilience is your consistent resistance to give up.” – Janna Cachola
80. “Resilience is distinct from mere survival, and more than mere endurance. Resilience is often endurance with direction.” – Eric Greitens
81. “All of us need to begin to think in terms of our own inner strengths, our resilience and resourcefulness, our capacity to adapt and to rely upon ourselves and our families.” – Steven Pressfield
82. “You learn to be resilient, to survive when you know you are capable of making worthy contribution to the world; you fight it when you have nothing to lose and so much to gain.” – Mala Naidoo
83. “Loving ourselves calls us to give up the illusion that we can control everything and focuses us on building our inner resource of resilience.” – Sharon Salzberg
84. “The more we can embrace failure, the more we will be able to open to it and the more confident and resilient we will become.” – Karen Kimsey-House
85. “Having high resilience does not mean it doesn’t sometimes sting.” – Aisha Mirza
86. “On the other side of a storm is the strength that comes from having navigated through it. Raise your sail and begin.” – Gregory S. Williams
87. “Resilience isn’t a single skill. It’s a variety of skills and coping mechanisms. To bounce back from bumps in the road as well as failures, you should focus on emphasizing the positive.” – Jean Chatzky
88. “Sometimes carrying on, just carrying on, is a superhuman achievement.” – Albert Camus
89. “Failure is simply the opportunity to begin again, this time more intelligently.” – Henry Ford
90. “Courage doesn’t always roar. Sometimes courage is the quiet voice at the end of the day saying, I will try again tomorrow.” – Mary Anne Radmacher
91. “I hope you never fear those mountains in the distance. Never settle for the path of least resistance.” – Lee Ann Womack
92. “Resilience is all about being able to overcome the unexpected. Sustainability is about survival. The goal of resilience is to thrive.” – Jamais Cascio
93. “Remember an arrow can only be shot by pulling it backward; so when you feel like life is dragging you down with difficulties, it simply means that it’s going to launch you to something great. So just focus and keep aiming.” – Anonymous
94. “Hold yourself responsible for a higher standard than anybody else expects of you. Never excuse yourself. Never pity yourself. Be a hard master to yourself-and be lenient to everybody else.” – Henry Ward Beecher
Resilience Quotes To Help You Know Your Capabilities
95. “Each deep breath taken during Yoga practice builds internal strength and resilience.” ― Purvi Raniga
96. “Resilience is overcoming adversity, whilst also potentially changing, or even dramatically transforming, (aspects of) that adversity.” ― Angie Hart
97. ”Resilience has been described as the capacity for positive outcomes despite challenging or threatening circumstances.” ― Byron Egeland
98. “Resilience or hardiness is the ability to adapt to new circumstances when life presents the unpredictable.” ― Salvatore R. Maddi
99. “Resiliency is the ability to spring back from and successfully adapt to adversity.” ― Nan Henderson
100. “A few people are born resilient. The rest of us need to work consciously at developing our abilities.” ― Al Siebert
101. “Our resilience increases as we recognize the magnitude of what we have already accomplished.” ― Patricia O’Gorman
102. “The most resilient people are like playful, curious children.” ― Al Siebert
103. “Being resilient is so much easier when you’re surrounded by the right people.” ― Maxime Lagacé
Resilience Quotes To Empower & Strengthen Your Spirit
104. “I do believe there’s a heaven. I do believe that God has given me the resilience and the survival skills to withstand the chiffon trenches.” ― Andre Leon Talley
105. “If you have high self-esteem, you might still know times of emotional suffering, but less often and with faster recovery-your resilience is greater.” ― Nathaniel Branden
106. “In many ways, the idea of resilience is a more useful concept than the idea of sustainability.” ― Rob Hopkins
107. “Investing now in safe-guarding people by helping them to adapt to climate change, will help save money and lives while building resilience.” ― Michael Franti
108. “It’s amazing how much resilience you can have when you’re passionate about a project that you’re doing.” ― Tamara Mellon
109. “True will is quiet humility, resilience, and flexibility; the other kind of will is weakness disguised by bluster and ambition.” ― Ryan Holiday
110. “I have a lot of stamina and I have a lot of resilience.” ― Hillary Clinton
111. “When you choose to connect with others under stress, you can create resilience.” ― Kelly McGonigal
Resilience Quotes Every Parent Needs To Raise Strong Kids
112. “Success is a little like wrestling a gorilla. You don’t quit when you’re tired. You quit when the gorilla is tired.” – Robert Strauss
113. “F-E-A-R has two meanings: ‘Forget Everything And Run’ or ‘Face Everything And Rise.’ The choice is yours.” – Zig Ziglar
114. “Failure will never overtake me if my determination to succeed is strong enough. – Og Mandino
115. “Never give in. Never give in. Never, never, never, never—in nothing, great or small, large or petty—never give in, except to convictions of honor and good sense.” – Winston Churchill
116. “The difference between a successful person and others is not a lack of strength, not a lack of knowledge, but rather a lack in will.” – Vince Lombardi Jr.
117. “Forgive yourself for your faults and mistakes and move on.” – Les Brown
118. “We all have dreams. But in order to make dreams come into reality, it takes an awful lot of determination, dedication, self-discipline, and effort.” – Jesse Owens
119. “The difference between the impossible and the possible lies in a man’s determination.” – Tommy Lasorda
120. “Gold medals aren’t really made of gold. They’re made of sweat, determination, and a hard-to-find alloy called guts.” – Dan Gable
How can reading resilience quotes be beneficial?
Reading resilience quotes can be incredibly beneficial in many ways.
Here are a few ways that reading resilience quotes can help you:
- Inspiration: Resilience quotes can provide inspiration and motivation to keep going when things get tough. Sometimes, all we need is a little reminder that we have the strength and courage to overcome any obstacle.
- Perspective: Resilience quotes can offer a new perspective on our problems and challenges. When we’re in the middle of a difficult situation, it can be hard to see beyond it. Reading quotes from others who have faced similar struggles can help us see that we’re not alone, and that there is a way through.
- Encouragement: Resilience quotes can offer encouragement and support when we’re feeling down or defeated. They remind us that setbacks are a normal part of life, and that we’re capable of overcoming them.
- Empowerment: Resilience quotes can empower us to take action and make positive changes in our lives. They remind us that we have control over our thoughts and actions, and that we can choose to respond to challenges in a positive and productive way.
- Resilience-building: Reading resilience quotes can help us build our own resilience. By exposing ourselves to stories and words of encouragement from others who have faced adversity, we can learn strategies for coping with stress and developing our own resilience.
Implementing quotes about resilience into your daily life can be a powerful way to boost your own resilience and stay motivated in the face of challenges.
Here are some practical ways to incorporate resilience quotes into your daily routine:
- Choose a quote to focus on for the day: Each morning, choose a resilience quote that resonates with you and make it your mantra for the day. Write it down and keep it with you as a reminder to stay positive and resilient.
- Share quotes with friends and family: Sharing quotes with others can be a great way to build a supportive community and remind each other of the importance of resilience. Consider sending a quote to a friend who is going through a tough time or sharing a quote on social media to spread positivity.
- Create a quote board: Create a bulletin board or digital board where you can display your favorite resilience quotes. This can be a visual reminder to stay resilient and positive.
- Journal with quotes: Incorporate resilience quotes into your journaling practice. Write about how a particular quote resonates with you and how you can apply its message to your life.
- Use quotes as affirmations: Turn resilience quotes into affirmations that you can repeat to yourself throughout the day. For example, if you’re facing a challenging situation, you could repeat a quote like “I am strong enough to overcome any obstacle.”
- Display quotes in your workspace: Surround yourself with inspiring quotes in your workspace to help you stay focused and motivated. You could put a quote on your computer desktop or print out a quote to hang on your wall.
Frequently Asked Questions
What are some popular resilience quotes?
- “It does not matter how slowly you go as long as you do not stop.” – Confucius
- “The greatest glory in living lies not in never falling, but in rising every time we fall.” – Nelson Mandela
- “Success is not final, failure is not fatal: it is the courage to continue that counts.” – Winston Churchill
- “Fall seven times, stand up eight.” – Japanese Proverb
- “What lies behind us and what lies before us are tiny matters compared to what lies within us.” – Ralph Waldo Emerson
How can resilience quotes help me during difficult times?
Resilience quotes can provide inspiration, motivation, and a sense of hope during challenging situations.
They remind us that adversity is a normal part of life and that we have the strength within us to overcome obstacles.
By reflecting on these quotes, we can gain a new perspective on our circumstances and find the courage to keep going.
Can reading resilience quotes actually make me more resilient?
While reading quotes alone cannot magically make you more resilient, they can help to cultivate a resilient mindset.
By regularly exposing yourself to quotes that promote perseverance, determination, and positivity, you can start to shift your thinking towards a more resilient outlook.
This can lead to increased resilience over time as you develop a stronger sense of inner strength and resourcefulness.
Continue Reading : 109 Motivational Women’s Day Quotes To Show Respect And Admiration
- Stromatolites Meanings, Healing Properties and Uses - October 7, 2023
- Green Jade Meanings, Healing Properties and Uses - October 3, 2023
- 125 Powerful Manifesting Affirmations To Achieve Your Dreams - September 21, 2023