Last Updated on August 16, 2023
“All Power Is From Within And Therefore Under Our Control.” – Robert Collier
Robert Collier is a name that may not be widely known today, but in the world of self-help and personal development, he is considered a legend. In this article, you will also get to know about incredible quotes by Robert Collier!
Born in 1885 in St. Louis, Missouri, Collier developed an early interest in the power of the mind and its ability to shape our lives. Over the course of his career, he wrote numerous books and articles that sought to help people harness their own potential and improve their lives.
One of Collier’s most famous works is “The Secret of the Ages,” a book that was first published in 1926. In this book, Collier lays out his philosophy on how to achieve success and happiness by harnessing the power of your own mind.
He believed that we all have within us the ability to create our own reality and that the key to unlocking this power lies in our thoughts and beliefs.
Collier’s ideas about the power of the mind were heavily influenced by the New Thought movement of the early 20th century. This movement held that we could change our lives by changing our thoughts and attitudes, and Collier’s work was seen as a major contribution to this movement.
He believed that our thoughts have the power to shape our experiences and that by focusing on positive and constructive thoughts, we could attract positive experiences into our lives.
Another key aspect of Collier’s philosophy was his emphasis on the power of visualization. He believed that by visualizing what we wanted in life, we could bring those desires into being. He wrote, “You will receive exactly what you hold in your mind, whether it be good or evil.”
This idea has since been adopted by many self-help and personal development experts, who continue to promote the power of visualization as a tool for creating positive change in our lives.
Despite his success as a writer and speaker, Collier’s life was not without its challenges. He suffered from ill health for much of his life and was forced to cut back on his public speaking engagements in the 1930s. Nevertheless, he continued to write and publish until his death in 1950.
Robert Collier’s legacy lives on in the world of self-help and personal development. His ideas about the power of the mind and visualization continue to inspire and motivate people all over the world.
If you’re looking to improve your life and tap into your own potential, you might pick up one of Collier’s books. Who knows, you may just find the secret to unlocking your own potential and creating the life you’ve always wanted!
1. “Any thought that is passed on to the subconscious often enough and convincingly enough is finally accepted.”
2. “All motion is cyclic. It circulates to the limits of its possibilities and then returns to its starting point.”
3. “Desire is proof of the availability.”
4. “Success is the sum of small efforts repeated day in and day out.”
5. “All riches have their origin in mind.”
6. “You have to sow before you can reap. You have to give before you can get.”
7. “All power is from within and therefore under our control.”
8. “The world is to each one of us the world of his individual perceptions.”
9. “People blame their environment. There is only one person to blame – and only one – themselves.”
10. “The first essentials, of course, is to know what you want.”
11. “Start where you are. Distant fields always look greener, but opportunity lies right where you are. Take advantage of every opportunity of service.”
12. “If you don’t make things happen, then things will happen to you.”
13. “Faith is the confidence, the assurance, the enforcing truth, the knowing.”
14. “You can do anything you think you can. For through it you can solve every human problem. It should make of you an incurable optimist. It is the open door.”
15. “The Universal Mind expresses itself largely through the individual. It is continually seeking an outlet.”
16. “Fear is merely creative thought in negative form.”
17. “There is nothing on earth that you cannot have once you have mentally accepted the fact that you can have it.”
All Time Famous Quotes And Sayings
18. “If you see yourself as prosperous, you will be. If you see yourself as continually hard up, that is exactly what you will be.”
19. “Visualize this thing that you want, see it, feel it, believe in it. Make your mental blue print, and begin to build.”
20. “See things as you would have them be instead of as they are.”
21. “Your chances of success in any undertaking can always be measured by your belief in yourself.”
22. “The greater the prevalence of positive thoughts, the more likely you are to receive a positive outcome.”
23. “Vision gives you the impulse to make the picture your own.”
24. “Everything in God’s store is on the bottom shelf…you have to get on your knees to get it.”
25. “Our subconscious minds have no sense of humor, play no jokes and cannot tell the difference between reality and an imagined thought or image. What we continually think about eventually will manifest in our lives.”
26. “Mind is all that counts. You can be whatever you make up your mind to be.”
27. “Take the first step, and your mind will mobilize all its forces to your aid. But the first essential is that you begin. Once the battle is startled, all that is within and without you will come to your assistance.”
28. “The great successful men of the world have used their imaginations… they think ahead and create their mental picture, and then go to work materializing that picture in all its details, filling in here, adding a little there, altering this a bit and that a bit, but steadily building.”
29. “If you don’t make things happen then things will happen to you.”
30. “We can do only what we think we can do. We can be only what we think we can be. We can have only what we think we can have. What we do, what we are, what we have, all depend upon what we think.”
31. “The essence of this law is that you must think abundance; see abundance, feel abundance, believe abundance. Let no thought of limitation enter your mind.”
32. “The power for happiness, for good, for everything we need of life is within each one of us. The power is there – unlimited power.”
33. “Successful people aren’t born that way. They become successful by establishing the habit of doing things unsuccessful people don’t like to do. The successful people don’t always like these things themselves; they just get on and do them.”
34. “Think of things not as they are, but as they might be. Don’t merely dream- but create.”
35. “Make every thought, every fact, that comes into your mind pay you a profit. Make it work and produce for you. Think of things not as they are but as they might be. Don’t merely dream – but create!”
36. “It is only through your conscious mind that you can reach the subconscious. Your conscious mind is the porter at the door, the watchman at the gate. It is to the conscious mind that the subconscious looks for all its impressions.”
37. “In every adversity there lies the seed of an equivalent advantage. In every defeat is a lesson showing you how to win the victory next time.”
38. “Control your thoughts and you control your circumstance.”
39. “If you procrastinate when faced with a big difficult problem… break the problem into parts, and handle one part at a time.”
40. “All of us have bad luck and good luck. The man who persists through the bad luck – who keeps right on going – is the man who is there when the good luck comes – and is ready to receive it.”
41. “See the things you want as already yours. Think of them as yours, as belonging to you, as already in your possession.”
42. “Constant repetition carries conviction”
Some Other Best Quotes
43. “Be sure to visualize only what you want. The law works both ways. If you visualize your worries and your fears, you will make them real. Control your thoughts and you will control circumstances. Conditions will be what you make them.”
44. “We always place that little word “but” after our wishes and desires, feeling deep down that there are some things too good to be true.”
45. “You have to compete in the same way for your reader’s attention. He is not looking for your letter. He has a thousand and one other things more important to him to occupy his mind. Why should he divert his attention from them to plow through pages of type about you or your projects?”
46. “One might as well try to ride two horses moving in different directions, as to try to maintain in equal force two opposing or contradictory sets of desires.”
47. “Now he that planteth and he that watereth are one; and every man shall receive his own reward according to his own labour.”
48. “Make your mold. The best flux in the world will not make a usable shape unless you have a mold to pour it in.”
49. “You cannot hold on to anything good. You must be continually giving – and getting. You cannot hold on to your seed. You must sow it – and reap anew. You cannot hold on to riches. You must use them and get other riches in return.”
50. “You are today the result of your thoughts of yesterday, and the many yesterdays preceding it. You are forming today the mold for what you will be in the years to come.”
51. “Most of us, swimming against the tides of trouble the world knows nothing about, need only a bit of praise or encouragement – and we will make the goal.”
52. “I shall pass through this world but once. Any good, therefore, that I can do or any kindness that I can show to any human being let me do it now. Let me not defer it or neglect it for I shall not pass this way again.”
53. “You can do anything you wish to do, have anything you wish to have, be anything you wish to be.”
54. “Plant the seed of desire in your mind and it forms a nucleus with power to attract to itself everything needed for its fulfillment.”
55. “The Kingdom of Heaven is within you.”
56. “The law of the universe is the law of supply. You see it on every hand. Nature is lavish in everything she does.”
57. “The mere fact that you have obstacles to overcome is in your favor…”
58. “Thought is energy. Mental images are concentrated energy. And energy concentrated on any definite purpose becomes power.”
59. “The first principle of success is desire – knowing what you want. Desire is the planting of your seed. Very few persons, comparatively, know how to Desire with sufficient intensity. They do not know what it is to feel and manifest that intense, eager, longing, craving, insistent, demanding, ravenous Desire which is akin to the persistent, insistent, ardent, overwhelming desire of the drowning man for a breath of air; of the shipwrecked or desert-lost man for a drink of water; of the famished man for bread and meat… ”
60. “You must intensify and render continuous by repeatedly presenting with suggestive ideas and mental pictures of the feast of good things, and the flowing fountain, which awaits the successful achievement or attainment of the desires.”
61. “One comes to believe whatever one repeats to oneself sufficiently often, whether the statement be true or false.”
62. “Supply always comes on the heels of demand.”
63. “All through nature, you will find the same law. First the need, then the means.”
64. “It sometimes seems that we have only to love a thing greatly to get it.”
65. “As fast as each opportunity presents itself, use it! No matter how tiny an opportunity it may be, use it!”
66. “Pictures help you to form the mental mold.”
67. “Your belief that you can do the thing gives your thought forces their power.”
68. “It is only when you despair of all ordinary means, it is only when you convince it that it must help you or you perish, that the seed of life in you bestirs itself to provide a new resource.”
69. “Begin to free yourself at once by doing all that is possible with the means you have, and as you proceed in this spirit the way will open for you to do more.”
70. “Playing safe is probably the most unsafe thing in the world. You cannot stand still. You must go forward.”
71. “Decide the effect you want to produce in your reader.”
72. “First the stalk – then the roots. First the need – then the means to satisfy that need. First the nucleus -then the elements needed for its growth.”
73. “Face towards the perfect image of every organ and the shadows of disease will never touch you.”
74. “Every contrivance of man, every tool, every instrument, every utensil, every article designed for use, of each and every kind, evolved from a very simple beginnings.”
75. “If you have any lack, if you are prey to poverty or disease, it is because you do not believe or do not understand the power that is yours. It is not a question of the universal giving to you. It offers everything to everyone – there is no partiality.”
76. “We have become so accustomed to hearing everyone claim that his product is the best in the world, or the cheapest, that we take all such statements with a grain of salt.”
77. “A single idea – the sudden flash of a thought – may be worth a million dollars.”
78. “Study your reader first – your product second. If you understand his reactions, and present those phases of your product that relate to his needs, then you cannot help but write a good letter.”
79. “There is a Spark of Divinity in YOU. What are you doing to fan it into flame? Are you giving it a chance to grow, to express itself, to become an all-consuming fire? Are you giving it work to do? Are you making it seek out ever greater worlds to conquer? Or are you letting it slumber neglected, or perhaps even smothering it with doubt and fear?”
80. “It is your work to clear away the mass of encumbering material of thoughts, so that you may bring into plain view the precious thing at the center of the mass.”
81. “The source and center of all man’s creative power… is his power of making images, or the power of imagination.”
How Quotes Can Be Helpful In Your Life
Quotes can be helpful in many ways. They are effective for helping us to make changes in our life because they capture a feeling, thought or idea in a brief phrase. The fact that quotes are short, allows us to read them quickly and digest their meaning.
We can surround ourselves with an important quote, reminding us each time we see it of its meaning and significance for our life.
We can put a quote on a mug, on a wall hanging, in our phone, or have it engraved in jewelry, and be reminded of it regularly throughout the day.
By reflecting on the quote and incorporating it into our life in an intentional way, the message can play an important role in helping us make change in our life.
How Robert Collier’s Quotes Can Help You Make Positive Change In Your Life
Whether you’re looking to make a positive change in your life or just in need of a little motivation, Robert Collier’s quotes have something for everyone. Here we look at some of Collier’s particular quotes and how you can apply them to your life.
1. One of Collier’s most famous quotes is, “Success is the sum of small efforts, repeated day in and day out.” This quote is a reminder that success doesn’t happen overnight, but is the result of consistent effort over time. It’s a great reminder to stay focused and keep pushing forward, even when progress seems slow.
2. Another quote that has stood the test of time is, “You are the master of your fate, you are the captain of your soul.” This quote is a powerful reminder that we are in control of our own lives, and that it’s up to us to steer our lives in the direction we want to go. Whether it’s setting and achieving personal goals or creating the life you want, this quote is a great reminder that the power to make change is within us.
3. Robert Collier’s philosophy on the power of visualization is also a key part of his legacy. He believed that by visualizing what we want in life, we could bring those desires into being. Try visualizing a goal that you have, something you want to have or achieve in your life.
Frequently Asked Questions
Based On Robert Collier’s Work, How Do You Visualize?
Collier believed in the power of imagining something in your mind. He called it a “mental blueprint” for achieving what you desire. In visualizing, Collier instructs you to build the desired goal or object in your mind. You need to visualize what it looks like, how it feels, and smells, and how you will achieve it.
What Was Robert Collier’s Philosophy On Life?
Robert Collier believed that we all have the power to shape our own lives through our thoughts and beliefs. He believed that by focusing on positive thoughts and visualizing what we want in life, we could attract positive experiences and achieve our goals. He was a firm believer in the power of the mind and the ability of each person to create their own reality.
What Is Robert Collier’s Most Famous Book?
Robert Collier’s most famous book is “The Secret of the Ages,” a self-help classic first published in 1926. The book lays out Collier’s philosophy on how to achieve success and happiness by harnessing the power of your own mind. It has been widely read and continues to be popular today.
Continue Reading ????: 320 Monday Blessings To Start Your Week Off Right
- 49 Unique Self-Care Kit Ideas For Your Well-Being - February 14, 2024
- 85 Exciting And Encouraging Quotes About Trying New Things In Life To Inspire That First Step - February 14, 2024
- 125 Inspiring You Are Amazing Quotes For Yourself And The Special People In Your Life - February 14, 2024