Last Updated on August 16, 2023
Strength is something that we all need at one point or another in our lives.
Whether we are going through a difficult time, facing a challenge, or just feeling overwhelmed, having the strength to persevere can make all the difference.
That’s where strength quotes come in.
A good strength quote can be like a beacon of light, guiding us through the darkness and reminding us of our own inner power.
As someone who has faced my fair share of challenges in life, I can attest to the power of strength quotes.
Whenever I feel like I can’t go on, I turn to my favorite quotes for inspiration and motivation.
They remind me that I am stronger than I think, and that I have the resilience and determination to overcome any obstacle.
Strength quotes come in all shapes and sizes, from short and simple to long and profound.
Some of my personal favorites include:
- “You never know how strong you are until being strong is the only choice you have.” – Bob Marley
- “Strength does not come from physical capacity. It comes from an indomitable will.” – Mahatma Gandhi
- “The world breaks everyone, and afterward, some are strong at the broken places.” – Ernest Hemingway
- “Believe you can and you’re halfway there.” – Theodore Roosevelt
- “It does not matter how slowly you go as long as you do not stop.” – Confucius
Each of these quotes speaks to me in a different way, reminding me of the importance of perseverance, determination, and self-belief.
They remind me that even when things seem impossible, I have the strength within me to keep going.
In this article, we’ll explore the power of strength quotes and how they can help us to overcome challenges, build resilience, and find the inner strength to pursue our dreams.
We’ll look at some of the most inspiring strength quotes from a variety of sources, and discuss how you can use them to stay motivated and focused on your goals.
So if you’re looking for a little extra inspiration in your life, read on and discover the power of strength quotes.
Strength Quotes To Stay Strong During Hard Times
1. “We are only as strong as we are united, as weak as we are divided.”― J.K. Rowling
2. “In the end, some of your greatest pains become your greatest strengths.”― Drew Barrymore
3. “Worry does not empty tomorrow of its sorrow, it empties today of its strength.”― Corrie Ten Boom
4. “The law of evolution is that the strongest survives!’ ‘Yes, and the strongest, in the existence of any social species, are those who are most social. In human terms, most ethical…There is no strength to be gained from hurting one another. Only weakness.”― Ursula K. Le Guin
5. “Nobody can hurt me without my permission.”― Mahatma Gandhi
6. “Anyone can hide. Facing up to things, working through them, that’s what makes you strong.”― Sarah Dessen
7. “Being deeply loved by someone gives you strength, while loving someone deeply gives you courage.”― Lao Tzu
8. “No one knows what you have been through or what your pretty little eyes have seen, but I can reassure you ~ whatever you have conquered, it shines through your mind.”― Nikki Rowe
9. “In the depth of winter, I finally learned that within me there lay an invincible summer.”― Albert Camus
10. “It is easier to build strong children than to repair broken men.”― Frederick Douglass
11. “If you want to forget something or someone, never hate it, or never hate him/her. Everything and everyone that you hate is engraved upon your heart; if you want to let go of something, if you want to forget, you cannot hate.”― C. JoyBell C.
12. “You have power over your mind – not outside events. Realize this, and you will find strength.”― Marcus Aurelius
13. “It’s not always necessary to be strong, but to feel strong.”― Jon Krakauer
14. “The sky is not my limit… I am.”― T.F. Hodge
15. “A brave man acknowledges the strength of others.”― Veronica Roth
16. “Some people believe holding on and hanging in there are signs of great strength. However, there are times when it takes much more strength to know when to let go and then do it.”― Ann Landers
17. “Tears shed for another person are not a sign of weakness. They are a sign of a pure heart.”― José N. Harris
18. “There is a stubbornness about me that never can bear to be frightened at the will of others. My courage always rises at every attempt to intimidate me.”― Jane Austen
19. “Life doesn’t get easier or more forgiving, we get stronger and more resilient.”― Steve Maraboli
20. “Life is made of so many moments that mean nothing. Then one day, a single moment comes along to define every second that comes after. Such moments are tests of courage, of strength.”― Sabaa Tahir
21. “Confront the dark parts of yourself, and work to banish them with illumination and forgiveness. Your willingness to wrestle with your demons will cause your angels to sing.”― August Wilson
22. “You can’t really be strong until you can see a funny side to things.”― Ken Kesey
23. “Those who contemplate the beauty of the earth find reserves of strength that will endure as long as life lasts.”― Rachel Carson
24. “Strength does not come from physical capacity. It comes from an indomitable will.”― Mahatma Gandhi
25. “The world breaks everyone and afterward many are strong at the broken places.”― Ernest Hemingway
26. “Be strong. Live honorably and with dignity. When you don’t think you can, hold on.”― James Frey
27. “I think that we are like stars. Something happens to burst us open; but when we burst open and think we are dying; we’re actually turning into a supernova. And then when we look at ourselves again, we see that we’re suddenly more beautiful than we ever were before!”― C. JoyBell C.
28. “Life is not about living the safer option. Life is about living a life worth living.”― Robert Thier
29. “With the new day comes new strength and new thoughts.”― Eleanor Roosevelt
30. “Don’t give up the fight, Stand up for your rights.”― Bob Marley
31. “The moment we begin to fear the opinions of others and hesitate to tell the truth that is in us, and from motives of policy are silent when we should speak, the divine floods of light and life no longer flow into our souls.”― Elizabeth Cady Stanton
32. “The harder you fall, the heavier your heart; the heavier your heart, the stronger you climb; the stronger you climb, the higher your pedestal.”― Criss Jami
33. “When health is absent, wisdom cannot reveal itself, art cannot manifest, strength cannot fight, wealth becomes useless, and intelligence cannot be applied.”― Herophilus
34. “It’s not that you should never love something so much that it can control you. It’s that you need to love something that much so you can never be controlled. It’s not a weakness. It’s your best strength.”― Patrick Ness
35. “A daily dose of daydreaming heals the heart, soothes the soul, and strengthens the imagination.”― Richelle E. Goodrich
36. “Moderate strength is shown in violence, supreme strength is shown in levity.”― G.K. Chesterton
37. “Strength isn’t about bearing a cross of grief or shame. Strength comes from choosing your own path, and living with the consequences.”― Jennifer Armintrout
38. “The bird that would soar above the level plain of tradition and prejudice must have strong wings.”― Kate Chopin
39. “You must learn to be strong in the dark as well as in the day, else you will always be only half brave.”― George MacDonald
40. “The key is this: Meet today’s problems with today’s strength. Don’t start tackling tomorrow’s problems until tomorrow. You do not have tomorrow’s strength yet. You simply have enough for today.”― Max Lucado
41. “Don’t know how I kept going. You just do. You have to, so you do.”― Elizabeth Wein
42. “My attitude is that if you push me towards something that you think is a weakness, then I will turn that perceived weakness into a strength.”― Michael Jordan
43. “Nothing is so strong as gentleness. Nothing is so gentle as real strength.”― Ralph W. Sockman
44. “We acquire the strength we have overcome.”― Ralph Waldo Emerson
45. “Everything is within your power, and your power is within you.” ― Janice Trachtman
Resilience & Strength Quotes For Inspiration
46. “Nothing I accept about myself can be used against me to diminish me.”― Audre Lorde
47. “The struggles we endure today will be the ‘good old days’ we laugh about tomorrow.”― Aaron Lauritsen
48. “No matter how you define success, you will need to be resilient, empowered, authentic, and limber to get there.”― Joanie Connell
49. “My dark days made me strong. Or maybe I already was strong, and they made me prove it.”― Emery Lord
50. “The worst loneliness is to not be comfortable with yourself.”― Mark Twain
51. “All I could do was what I had done each morning for all these years. Light my lamp. Every. Single. Day.”― Ranjani Rao
52. “Fall. Stand. Learn. Adapt.”― Mike Norton
53. “Success and failure come and go, but don’t let them define you. It’s who you are that matters.”― Kamal Ravikant
54. “Never be bullied into silence. Never allow yourself to be made a victim. Accept no one’s definition of your life, but define yourself.”― Harvey Fierstein
55. “Life won’t always be perfect but there will always be perfect moments if you let them in. No one can take away our inherent ability to choose to see beauty in the small things in life.”― Megan Hine
56. “It has been my philosophy of life that difficulties vanish when faced boldly.”― Isaac Asimov
57. “Wanting to be someone else is a waste of the person you are.”― Marilyn Monroe
58. “When you’re different, sometimes you don’t see the millions of people who accept you for what you are. All you notice is the person who doesn’t.”― Jodi Picoult
59. “Strong people alone know how to organize their suffering so as to bear only the most necessary pain.”― Emil Dorian
60. “The secret of change is to focus all of your energy, not on fighting the old, but on building the new.” – Socrates
61. “It’s your reaction to adversity, not adversity itself that determines how your life’s story will develop.” – Dieter F. Uchtdorf
62. “Be strong. You never know who you are inspiring.” – Unknown
63. “This is no time for ease and comfort. It is time to dare and endure.” – Winston Churchill
64. “Courage is not the absence of fear, but rather the judgment that something else is more important than fear.” – Ambrose Redmoon
65. “Most of the important things in the world have been accomplished by people who have kept on trying when there seemed to be no hope at all.” – Dale Carnegie
66. “Hope is your middle name.”― Claire Audibert
67. “I can be changed by what happens to me. But I refuse to be reduced by it.” – Maya Angelou
68. “If you can’t fly then run, if you can’t run then walk, if you can’t walk then crawl, but whatever you do you have to keep moving forward.” – Martin Luther King Jr
69. “Promise me you’ll always remember: You’re braver than you believe and stronger than you seem, and smarter than you think.” – A. A. Milne
70. “Do not judge me by my success, judge me by how many times I fell down and got back up again.” – Nelson Mandela
71. “Don’t despair: despair suggests you are in total control and know what is coming. You don’t – surrender to events with hope.” – Alain de Botton
72. “Courage isn’t having the strength to go on, it is going on when you don’t have the strength.” – Napoleon Bonaparte
73. “You may not control all the events that happen to you, but you can decide not to be reduced by them.” – Maya Angelou
74. “You never know how strong you are until being strong is the only choice you have.” – Bob Marley
75. “Character cannot be developed in ease and quiet. Only through experience of trial and suffering can the soul be strengthened, vision cleared, ambition inspired, and success achieved. ” – Helen Keller
76. “The world is the great gymnasium where we come to make ourselves strong.” – Swami Vivekananda
77. “No matter how much falls on us, we keep plowing ahead. That’s the only way to keep the roads clear.” – Greg Kincaid
78. “Do not pray for an easy life, pray for the strength to endure a difficult one.” – Bruce Lee
79. “And one has to understand that braveness is not the absence of fear but rather the strength to keep on going forward despite the fear.” – Paulo Coelho
80. “Whoever you are, whatever your dream, you have to be strong in your head and strong in your heart. Be strong. There’s no quitting in the person who wants it bad enough.” – Carly Patterson
81. “Someone I once loved gave me a box full of darkness. It took me years to understand that this, too, was a gift.” – Mary Oliver
82. “Out of suffering have emerged the strongest souls; the most massive characters are seared with scars.” – Khalil Gibran
83. “When we long for life without difficulties, remind us that oaks grow strong in contrary winds and diamonds are made under pressure.” – Peter Marshall
84. “He who conquers others is strong; He who conquers himself is mighty.” – Lao Tzu
85. “It is our attitude toward events, not events themselves, which we can control. Nothing is by its own nature calamitous – even death is terrible only if we fear it.” – Epictetus
How Can Reading Strength Quotes Be Beneficial?
Reading strength quotes can be incredibly beneficial for a number of reasons.
Here are a few ways that they can help:
- Motivation: Strength quotes can be incredibly motivating, particularly when we’re going through a difficult time or facing a challenge. They can give us the push we need to keep going and remind us that we are capable of overcoming obstacles.
- Resilience: Reading strength quotes can help us to build resilience by reminding us that we are stronger than we think. They can help us to develop a more positive mindset, which in turn can help us to cope better with stress and adversity.
- Inspiration: Strength quotes can be incredibly inspiring, particularly when they come from people who have achieved great things. They can help us to see what’s possible and inspire us to pursue our own dreams and goals.
- Self-Belief: Strength quotes can help us to develop a stronger sense of self-belief. They can remind us that we are capable of achieving great things and that we have the power within us to make positive changes in our lives.
Implementing quotes about strength into your daily life can be a great way to stay motivated, inspired, and focused on your goals.
Here are a few ways to do it:
- Write Them Down: Write down your favorite strength quotes and keep them somewhere visible, like on your desk or on your phone’s lock screen. This way, you’ll be reminded of them throughout the day and can use them as a source of motivation.
- Repeat Them To Yourself: When you’re feeling down or struggling with a challenge, repeat a strength quote to yourself like a mantra. This can help you to shift your mindset and remind yourself that you have the strength within you to overcome any obstacle.
- Share Them With Others: Share your favorite strength quotes with friends or family members who may be going through a difficult time. This can be a great way to spread positivity and encourage others to stay strong and resilient.
- Use Them As Affirmations: Take a strength quote that resonates with you and turn it into an affirmation that you repeat to yourself daily. For example, “I am strong enough to overcome any challenge” or “I am capable of achieving my goals.”
- Create A Vision Board: Use your favorite strength quotes to create a vision board that represents your goals and aspirations. This can be a powerful visual reminder of your inner strength.
Frequently Asked Questions
Can Reading Strength Quotes Really Make A Difference In My Life?
Absolutely! Reading strength quotes can be a powerful tool for personal growth and development.
They can help you to build resilience, develop a more positive mindset, and inspire you to pursue your goals and dreams.
When you read a strength quote that resonates with you, it can provide a much-needed boost of motivation and encouragement.
How Can I Find The Best Strength Quotes For Me?
There are many different sources for strength quotes, including books, websites, and social media.
Start by thinking about the kind of strength you’re looking to cultivate – is it physical strength, mental strength, emotional strength, or something else?
Once you have a sense of what you’re looking for, you can search for quotes that speak to that specific type of strength.
You can also keep a running list of quotes that resonate with you, so that you always have them on hand when you need a little extra motivation.
How Often Should I Read Strength Quotes?
A: There’s no hard and fast rule about how often you should read strength quotes – it really depends on your personal needs and preferences.
Some people like to read a few quotes every morning as a way to start their day with a positive mindset.
Others might turn to strength quotes when they’re feeling down or discouraged.
Continue Reading : 103 Inspiring Quotes On Giving To Help You Make A Difference
- Stromatolites Meanings, Healing Properties and Uses - October 7, 2023
- Green Jade Meanings, Healing Properties and Uses - October 3, 2023
- 125 Powerful Manifesting Affirmations To Achieve Your Dreams - September 21, 2023