Last Updated on August 16, 2023
As human beings, we crave love and connection. From the time we are born, we seek affection and care from our parents, and as we grow, we look for love from our friends and partners.
Love is one of the most beautiful and powerful emotions that we can experience in our lives, and when we find it, it can transform us in ways we never thought possible.
As someone who has been fortunate enough to experience the joy of love, I know firsthand how powerful and transformative it can be.
Whether it’s the love that we have for ourselves or the love that we share with a partner, it has the ability to inspire, uplift, and heal us in ways that nothing else can.
One of the most beautiful things about love is the way that it can be expressed through words.
From romantic poetry to heartfelt notes, the words that we use to express our love can be just as powerful as the love itself.
That’s why I’ve always been a fan of true love quotes – those timeless expressions of love and devotion that have stood the test of time.
In this article, I want to explore some of the most inspiring and uplifting true love quotes, both for self-love and for sharing with your partner.
Whether you’re looking for the perfect words to express your feelings to someone special, or you just want to remind yourself of the beauty and power of love, these quotes are sure to inspire and uplift you.
So if you’re ready to dive into the world of true love quotes, join me on this journey of self-discovery and romantic exploration.
Let’s explore the power of words and the beauty of love together, and discover the true meaning of love through the wisdom and insight of some of the greatest minds in history.
Deep Self-Love Quotes
1. “Please love yourself instead of loving the idea of other people loving you.” – Unknown
2. “Keep hope close to your heart and move forward. Maybe the road you are searching for today is not here yet. Do not be worried by it. Believe that a new path is ahead and what you have overcome along the way will give you strength.” – Dhiman
3. “The real glow up is when you stop waiting to turn into some perfect version of yourself and consciously enjoy being who you are in the present.” – Unknown
4. “You matter. Your story matters. Your hopes, dreams and fears matter. All that you are matters.” – Unknown
5. “People will quit on you. But you have to get up every day and make sure you don’t quit on yourself.” – Unknown
6. “Celebrate yourself. Nobody knows what it takes to be you.” – Unknown
7. “The minute you decide you want better for yourself is the minute everything begins to shift your way.” – Unknown
8. “The consciousness of loving and being loved brings warmth and richness to life that nothing else can bring.” – Oscar Wilde
9. “Put yourself on your priority list and watch your life get better.” – Unknown
10. “Sometimes you have to forget what you feel and remember what you deserve.” – Unknown
11. “To those who believe they are not enough, make the decision today to believe that you are.” – Unknown
12. “When you discover your self –worth you lose interest in anyone who doesn’t see it.” – Unknown
13. “Self-love doesn’t come from fixing yourself; it comes from falling in love with parts of yourself you’ve been trying to fix.” – Hannah D Blum
14. “Deep self-love is like the sun that soaks you in its glimmering light, the rain that quells your thirst and the sky that converges to hold you in its embrace.” – Unknown
15. “Love yourself first and everything else falls into line. You really have to love yourself to get anything done in this world.” – Lucille Ball
16. “You will not heal by tripping on the past. You only heal by accepting the present moment.” – Unknown
17. “Don’t give up before the miracle happens.” – Unknown
18. “Self-compassion is giving the same kindness to yourself that you would give to others.” – Unknown
19. “Owning our story and loving ourselves through that process is the bravest thing that we’ll ever do.” – Unknown
20. “Let someone with a deep love to give, give that deep love to you, and what magic you’ll see.” – Jacques Dem
21. “Fall in love with the process of becoming the best version of yourself.” – Unknown
22. “Be so completely yourself that everyone else feels safe to be themselves, too.” – Unknown
23. “How you love yourself is how you teach others to love you” – Rupi Kaur
24. “You yourself, as much as anybody in the entire universe, deserve your love and affection.” – Buddha
Inspiring & Encouraging Love Quotes
25. “If you enter this world knowing you are loved and you leave this world knowing the same, then everything that happens in between can be dealt with.” – Michael Jackson
26. “May your love grow and bring you peace and joy on life’s path.” – Eve Eschner Hogan
27. “The love you show for others is also the love that you show to yourself and it is with this love that all those around you feel the true meaning of love for one another.” – Byron Pulsifer
28. “If you live to be a hundred, I want to live to be a hundred minus one day, so I never have to live without you.” – Winnie the Pooh
29. “I hope that real love and truth are stronger in the end than any evil or misfortune in the world.” – Charles Dickens
30. “You changed my world at a time when I thought my world was stable. A change that had a happy ending.” – C Butman
31. “In true love, you attain freedom.” – Thich Nhat Hanh
32. “The exact love that you want is out there. But it takes patience, growth, tenacity, investment, discernment, a dash of timing, and just the right chemistry.” – Jenna Birch
33. “Love is missing someone whenever you’re apart, but somehow feeling warm inside because you’re close in heart.” – Kay Knudsen
34. “True unconditional love will never spoil a child because it is impossible for parents to give too much of it.” – Gary D
35. “When you find true love you will know it as it will be like any other.” – Catherine Pulsifer
36. “For Thy love is not like man’s love that must be proved by his acts toward Thee. Oh no, Thy love is beyond all proof.” – Soren Kierkegaard
37. “Anyone can speak words, and anyone can think they love someone. But it is the love of someone who stays with you, the love of someone who believes in you, that is the true definition of love.” – David DeNotaris
38. “Love is an act of endless forgiveness, a tender look which becomes a habit.” – Peter Ustinov
39. “Hallmarks of true love . . . A willingness to give and take.” – Newell W. Edson
40. “Never love anyone who treats you like you’re ordinary.” – Oscar Wilde
41. “True love stories never have endings.” – Richard Bach
42. “You can’t have real love without operating in forgiveness. Love keeps giving the other person another chance.” – Joyce Meyer
43. “True love is eternal, infinite, and always like itself. It is equal and pure, without violent demonstrations: it is seen with white hairs and is always young in the heart.” – Honore de Balzac
44. “Love gives hope, and faith makes love and hope possible.” – Tara Shah
45. “True love begins when nothing is looked for in return.” – Antoine De Saint-Exupery
46. “There’s no feeling like getting something in the mail from your loved one. You start to smile before you’ve even opened it!” – Jennifer Weiner
47. “The day I saw you standing there, I wondered about you.. . . your looks, your smile, all melted my heart.” – S Trevor
48. “Success is an excellent resource for our new collective consciousness on how to thrive as humans and create true love through honesty in all our relationships.” – Susan Campbell
49. “True love is thinking more of the other person and less of yourself.” – Catherine Pulsifer
50. “I didn’t choose you, my heart did. Good things never come from comfort zones.” – Shannon Merrett
51. “Love is to love someone for who they are, who they were, and who they will be.” – Chris Moore
Sweet & Eternal Relationship Love Quotes
52. “I’m not telling you it is going to be easy- I am telling you it is going to be worth it.” – Art Williams
53. “Soulmate is an overused term, but a true soul connection is very rare and very real.” – Hilary Duff
54. “A soulmate is someone to whom we feel profoundly connected, as though the communicating and communing that take place between us were not the product of intentional efforts, but rather a divine grace.” – Thomas Moore
55. “Our soulmate is the one who makes life come to life.” – Richard Bach
56. “There is no challenge strong enough to destroy your marriage as long as you are both willing to stop fighting against each other, and start fighting for each other. “ – Dave Willis
57. “You know you’re in love when you can’t fall asleep because reality is finally better than your dreams.” – Dr. Seuss
58. “A bond between two souls is ancient – older than the planet” – Dianna Hardy
59. “A strong soul reaches anyplace, anytime; the body fails to restrain it. And thus, perhaps soulmates are formed.” – Munia Khan
60. “Affection is when you see someone’s strengths; love is when you accept someone’s flaws.” – One Day
61. “What greater thing is there for two human souls than to feel that they are joined to strengthen each other, to be at one with each other in silent unspeakable memories.” – George Eliot
62. “You are my heart, my life, my only thought.” – Arthur Conan Doyle
63. “For it was not into my ear you whispered, but into my heart. It was not my lips you kissed, but my soul.” – Judy Garland
64. “You come to love not by finding the perfect person, but by seeing an imperfect person perfectly.” – Sam Keen
65. “Love is just a word until someone comes along and gives it meaning.” – Paulo Coelho
66. “Whatever our souls are made of, his and mine are the same.” – Emily Bronte
I Love You – True Love Quotes
67. “I will love you if I never see you again and I will love you if I see you every Tuesday.” – Lemoney Snicket
68. “I love you and you are my happily ever after. Not the kind in fairytales, but the kind that is real and honest and right.” – Unknown
69. “I will love you until your face is fogged by distant memory. I will love you no matter you go and who you see.” – Lemony Snicket
70. “The single most extraordinary thing I’ve ever done with my life is to fall in love with you.” – Unknown
71. “That’s what it feels like when you touch me. Like millions of tiny universes being born and then dying in the space between your finger and my skin. Sometimes I forget.” – Iain Thomas
72. “You have pierced my soul, I’m half agony half hope. I’ve loved none but you.” –Jane Austen
73. “At the touch of love everyone becomes a poet.” – Plato
74. “I promise to love you forever; every single day of forever.” – Stephenie Meyer
75. “I love you like you are the enchanted dawn of my soul.” – Lamartine
76. “For you see, each day I love you more, today more than yesterday and less than tomorrow.” – Rosemonde Gerard
77. “I loved you yesterday, love you still, always have, always will.” – Elaine Davis
78. “I love you more than my past. I love you more than the obstacles the present is throwing our way. Because you are my future, and I’m going to love you forever because you are my always.” – Marley Valentine
79. “The first time you touched me, I knew I was born to be yours. I’m so deeply in love with you.” – Unknown
80. “No matter where I went I always knew my way back to you, You are my compass star.” – Diana Peterfreund
81. “I will love you even if the world goes on its wicked way.” – Lemoney Snicket
82. “I love you right up to the moon—and back.” – Sam McBratney
83. “In vain have I struggled. It will not do. My feelings will not be repressed. You must allow me to tell you how ardently I admire and love you.” – Jane Austen
84. “Where love is deep, much can be accomplished.” – Shinichi Suzuki
85. “Nobody has ever measured, not even poets, how much the heart can hold.” – Zelda Fitzgerald
86. “One word frees us of all the weight and pain in life. That word is love!” – Sophocles
87. “The only thing we never get enough of is love; and the only thing we never give enough of is love.” – Henry Miller
88. “I love you without knowing how, or when, or from where. I love you simply, without problems or pride.” – Pablo Neruda
89. “You know you’re in love when you can’t fall asleep because reality is finally better than your dreams.” – Dr. Seuss
90. “Just when I think that it is impossible to love you anymore, you prove me wrong.” – Unknown
91. “To the world you may be one person, but to one person you are the world.” – Bill Wilson
92. “But you’ve slipped under my skin, invaded my blood and seized my heart.” – Maria V. Snyder
93. “You are every reason, every hope and every dream I’ve ever had.” – Nicolas Sparks
94. “My bounty is as boundless as the sea. My love as deep; the more I give to thee. The more I have, for both are infinite.” – William Shakespeare
95. “Deep love is like a bottomless ocean, the feelings run into a vastness that can never be fathomed by the eye.” – Unknown
96. “When I first got together with you I did not expect our love to run this deep. Now that I’m here with you, I hope you know that I am never backing out. I love you.” – Unknown
97. “I love you with everything I am, everything I’ve been and everything I hope to be.” – Unknown
98. “I love you more deeply than I’ll ever find a way to say.” – Unknown
99. “No matter how much I say I love you, I always love you more than that.” – Unknown
100. “You don’t love someone because they’re perfect, you love them in spite of the fact that they’re not.” – Jodi Picoult
101. “Beautiful. Crushingly so. You look like the rest of my life.” – Beau Taplin
102. “Love is an irresistible desire to be irresistibly desired.” – Robert Frost
103. “In all the world, there is no heart for me like yours. In all the world, there is no love for you like mine.” – Maya Angelou
104. “Love is quivering happiness.” – Khalil Gibran
105. “I love you very much, probably more than anybody could love another person.” – 50 First Dates
106. “I loved you more than life itself.” – Unknown
107. “So I love you because the entire universe conspired to help me find you.” – Paulo Coehlo
Expressing True Love Meaning
108. “I’ve learned that people will forget what you said, people will forget what you did, but people will never forget how you made them feel.” – Maya Angelou
109. “Your task is not to seek for love, but merely to seek and find all the barriers within yourself that you have built against it.” – Rumi
110. “Loving people live in a loving world. Hostile people live in a hostile world. Same world.” – Wayne Dyer
111. “I have decided to stick with love. Hate is too great a burden to bear.” – Martin Luther King, Jr.
112. “Keep love in your heart. A life without it is like a sunless garden when the flowers are dead.” – Oscar Wilde
113. “Being deeply loved by someone gives you strength while loving someone deeply gives you courage.” – Lao Tzu
114. “Love many things, for therein lies the true strength, and whosoever loves much performs much and can accomplish much, and what is done in love is done well.” – Vincent Van Gogh
115. “Love does not dominate; it cultivates.” – Johann Wolfgang von Goethe
116. “The art of love is largely the art of persistence.” – Albert Ellis
117. “The best and most beautiful things in this world cannot be seen or even heard but must be felt with the heart.” – Helen Keller
118. “Love is of all passions the strongest, for it attacks simultaneously the head, the heart and the senses.” – Lao Tzu
119. “Love yourself first, and everything else falls into line. You really have to love yourself to get anything done in this world.” – Lucille Ball
120. “The best proof of love is trust.” – Joyce Brothers
121. “I define love thus: The will to extend one’s self for the purpose of nurturing your own, or another’s spiritual growth.” – M Scott Peck
122. “Love never dies a natural death. It dies because we don’t know how to replenish its source. It dies of blindness and errors and betrayals. It dies of illness and wounds; it dies of weariness, of witherings, of tarnishings.” – Anaïs Nin
123. “Once the realisation is accepted that even between the closest human beings infinite distances continue, a wonderful living side by side can grow if they succeed in loving the distance between them which makes it possible for each to see the other whole against the sky.” – Rainer Maria Rilke
124. “Love takes off masks that we fear we cannot live without and know we cannot live within.” – James Baldwin
125. “The more one judges, the less one loves.” – Honore de Balzac
126. “A relationship is an initiation, in a way. It’s a rite of passage to really be in a relationship. The point is not just to have things work out so that you’re happy. You have to deal with certain things, like differences. As you work things out, you actually become a more mature person. That’s a very good way in which a relationship serves your soul.” – Thomas Moore
127. “It takes courage to love, but pain through love is the purifying fire which those who love generously know. We all know people who are so much afraid of pain that they shut themselves up like clams in a shell and, giving out nothing, receive nothing and therefore shrink until life is a mere living death.” – Eleanor Roosevelt
128. “Love is not only something you feel; it is something you do.” – David Wilkerson
129. “We are not held back by the love we didn’t receive in the past, but by the love, we’re not extending in the present.” – Marianne Williamson
True Love Quotes For Valentine’s
130. “In love there are two things– bodies and words.” – Joyce Carol Oates
131. “Where there is love there is life.” – Mahatma Gandhi
132. “Nobody has ever measured, even poets, how much a heart can hold.” – Zelda Fitzgerald
133. “It is a curious thought, but it is only when you see people looking ridiculous that you realize just how much you love them.” – Agatha Christie
134. “Love does not consist in gazing at each other, but in looking outward together in the same direction.” – Antoine de Saint-Exupéry
135. “Love is the whole thing. We are only pieces.” — Rumi
136. “Love has nothing to do with what you are expecting to get–only with what you are expecting to give–which is everything.” – Katharine Hepburn
137. “The giving of love is an education in itself.” — Eleanor Roosevelt
138. “I love her and it is the beginning of everything.” – F. Scott Fitzgerald
139. “Love makes your soul crawl out from its hiding place.” – Zora Neale Hurston
140. “The greatest happiness of life is the conviction that we are loved; loved for ourselves, or rather, loved in spite of ourselves.” – Victor Hugo
141. “There is only one happiness in this life, to love and be loved.” — George Sand
142. “Have enough courage to trust love one more time and always one more time.” – Maya Angelou
143. “There is nothing I would not do for those who are really my friends. I have no notion of loving people by halves; it is not my nature.” — Jane Austen
144. “Love does not dominate; it cultivates.” — Johann Wolfgang Von Goethe
145. “Whatever our souls are made of, his and mine are the same.” – Emily Brontë
146. “There is always madness in love. But there is also always some reason in madness.” – Friedrich Nietzsche
147. “Love is a fire. But whether it is going to warm your hearth or burn down your house, you can never tell.” – Joan Crawford
148. “Never love anyone who treats you like you’re ordinary.” – Oscar Wilde
149. “Love is composed of a single soul inhabiting two bodies.” — Aristotle
150. “Love is something sent from heaven to worry the hell out of you.” — Dolly Parton
151. “Love is an irresistible desire to be irresistibly desired.” — Robert Frost
152. “Life is the flower for which love is the honey.” — Victor Hugo
153. “We are most alive when we are in love.” — John Updike
154. “The only thing we never get enough of is love; and the only thing we never give enough of is love.” — Henry Miller
155. “To love and be loved is to feel the sun from both sides.” — David Viscott
156. “There is no charm equal to tenderness of the heart.” — Jane Austen
How Can Reading Quotes About True Love Be Beneficial?
Reading quotes about true love can be incredibly beneficial in many ways.
Here are a few reasons why:
- Inspiration: True love quotes can inspire us to be better, more loving versions of ourselves. They can remind us of the beauty and power of love and motivate us to strive for deeper connections with our partners and with ourselves.
- Emotional connection: Quotes about true love can help us connect emotionally with our partners or ourselves. They can serve as a bridge for communicating our feelings and desires, and can help us express our emotions in ways that might be difficult to do otherwise.
- Wisdom: Many true love quotes come from some of the greatest thinkers and writers in history. By reading these quotes, we can gain wisdom and insight into the nature of love and relationships, and learn from the experiences of others.
- Perspective: Reading quotes about true love can give us a fresh perspective on our own relationships or on love in general. They can challenge us to think differently about our own experiences, and encourage us to approach love and relationships in new and meaningful ways.
- Comfort: Sometimes, when we’re going through a difficult time in our relationships or in our lives, reading quotes about true love can offer comfort and solace. They can remind us that we’re not alone in our struggles, and that others have gone through similar experiences and come out on the other side stronger and more resilient.
Implementing quotes about true love into daily life can be a wonderful way to cultivate a deeper appreciation and understanding of love in all its forms.
Here are some ways you can incorporate true love quotes into your daily routine:
- Morning routine: Start your day by reading a true love quote that inspires you. You can write it down and keep it in a visible place, such as on your bathroom mirror or on your desk, to remind you of the power and beauty of love throughout the day.
- Communication: Use true love quotes as a way to express your feelings to your partner or loved ones. You can include a quote in a love letter or card, or share one with your partner during a conversation to convey your emotions and deepen your connection.
- Social media: Share a true love quote on your social media platforms to spread positivity and inspiration to your friends and followers. You never know who might need to hear those words of encouragement and love.
- Reflection: Take some time each day to reflect on a true love quote that resonates with you. Think about how it applies to your life and relationships, and consider how you can incorporate its message into your daily interactions with others.
- Journaling: Write down your favorite true love quotes in a journal and reflect on how they make you feel. You can also use them as writing prompts to explore your own thoughts and feelings about love and relationships.
Frequently Asked Questions
Why Are Quotes About True Love So Popular?
Quotes about true love have been popular for centuries because they offer insight, inspiration, and a way to express complex emotions in a simple, powerful way.
They speak to the universal human experience of love, and can offer comfort and guidance during times of joy and struggle.
Are Quotes About True Love Only Relevant To Romantic Relationships?
No, true love quotes can be relevant to all types of relationships, including friendships, familial relationships, and self-love.
They offer a way to express appreciation and admiration for the people we care about, and can help us deepen our connections and cultivate more love and compassion in our lives.
Can Reading Quotes About True Love Really Make A Difference In My Life?
Yes, reading quotes about true love can have a positive impact on your life by inspiring you, offering guidance and wisdom, and deepening your connection to yourself and others.
By incorporating true love quotes into your daily routine and reflecting on their messages, you can cultivate a greater appreciation for the power of love and its ability to transform our lives.
- Stromatolites Meanings, Healing Properties and Uses - October 7, 2023
- Green Jade Meanings, Healing Properties and Uses - October 3, 2023
- 125 Powerful Manifesting Affirmations To Achieve Your Dreams - September 21, 2023