“A fake friend is an enemy in disguise.” – Ellen J. Barrier
Two-faced people, also known as hypocrites, are individuals who present one face to the public while hiding another face in private.
These individuals are often difficult to detect, as they are skilled at hiding their true intentions and motivations.
Having a two-faced person in your life can be emotionally exhausting and detrimental to your well-being.
Here are some common behaviors exhibited by two-faced people and how to deal with them:
- Gossiping: Two-faced people may engage in gossiping and spreading rumors about others. They may act friendly and supportive to your face, but then turn around and say negative things behind your back. If you suspect someone is being two-faced, be cautious about what you share with them and try to avoid getting drawn into gossip.
- Manipulation: Two-faced people may use manipulation tactics to get what they want. They may act sweet and charming to gain your trust, but then use this trust to manipulate you into doing things you’re not comfortable with. If you feel like someone is trying to manipulate you, be firm in your boundaries and don’t be afraid to say no.
- Insincerity: Two-faced people may act insincere in their interactions with others. They may make promises they don’t intend to keep, or give compliments that aren’t genuine. If you notice someone being insincere, take their words with a grain of salt and pay attention to their actions instead.
- Inconsistency: Two-faced people may act differently in different situations or with different people. They may act one way in front of their friends, and another way in front of their family or coworkers. If you notice someone being inconsistent, try to get to know them better and understand what might be causing this behavior.
- Gaslighting: Two-faced people may use gaslighting tactics to make you doubt your own perceptions or experiences. They may deny saying or doing something that you know happened, or make you feel like you’re overreacting or being too sensitive. If you suspect someone is gaslighting you, try to find external validation for your experiences and seek support from trusted friends or professionals.
Dealing with two-faced people can be challenging, but it’s important to prioritize your own well-being and set firm boundaries.
If someone is consistently exhibiting two-faced behavior, it may be necessary to cut ties with them or limit your interactions with them.
Remember that you deserve to have authentic and honest relationships in your life.
Fake Friendship Quotes For Finding Good One
1. “It’s a sad day when you find out who your friends aren’t.” – Unknown
2. “You’ll be surrounded by many so-called well-wishers during your good times but there’ll be only a few ones around you in your bad times.” – Anurag Prakash Ray
3. “Fake friends; those who only drill holes under your boat to get it leaking; those who discredit your ambitions and those who pretend they love you, but behind their backs they know they are in to destroy your legacies.” – Israelmore Ayivor
4. “Chocolate friends may not last any longer than fake ones, but they sure as hell taste better.” – Kevin Brooks
5. “Stay away from the fake or phony niggas who can’t support their own.” – Unknown
6. “You got nothing to lose. You don’t lose when you lose fake friends.” – Joan Jett
7. “Certain people and their toxic energy can block you from expanding, elevating, and vibrating higher. Detach and protect your energy.” – Unknown
8. “Imagine if I didn’t have the ends, I wouldn’t have so many imaginary friends.” – Kanye West
9. “Fake friends are like shadows: always near you at your brightest moments, but nowhere to be seen at your darkest hour.” – Khalil Gibran
RELATED: 144 Powerful Quotes To Stay Strong During Difficult Times
10. “Don’t fear the enemy that attacks you, but the fake friend that hugs you.” – Unknown
11. “The glory of friendship is not the outstretched hand, nor the kindly smile, nor the joy of companionship; it is the spiritual inspiration that comes to one when you discover that someone else believes in you and is willing to trust you with a friendship.” – Ralph Waldo Emerson
12. “Stay away from fake people because you don’t know when they will throw you.” – Unknown.
13. “Don’t tell me what they say about me. Tell me why they feel comfortable telling you.” – Anonymous
14. “You don’t lose friends because real friends can never be lost. You lose people masquerading as friends, and you’re better for it.” – Mandy Hale
15 “I no longer have the energy for meaningless friendships, forced interactions, or unnecessary conversations.” – Joquesse Eugenia
16. “They don’t miss you when you’re gone, they miss you when you move on.” – Unknown
17. “Some of my “best friends” never say a word to me.” – Emily Smallmon
18. “Try not to become a man of success but rather try to become a man of value.” – Albert Einstein
19. “The worst part of success is trying to find someone who is happy for you.” – Bette Midler
20. “It’s hard to tell who has your back, from who has it long enough just to stab you in it..” – Nicole Richie
21. “In the end, we will remember not the words of our enemies, but the silence of our friends.” – Martin Luther King Jr.
RELATED: 110 Thoughtful Quotes For Peace To Bring Calm To Your Life
22. “A woman can forgive a man for the harm he does her…but she can never forgive him for the sacrifices he makes on her account.” – W. Somerset Maugham
23. “Convince people that you need them, and watch what they do.” – Wayne Gerard Trotman
24. “He, who overcomes himself, becomes friends with his inner self. The one who is defeated becomes his own enemy.” – Bhagavad Gita
25. “Fake friends get mad when we don’t pretend to like them.” – Carlos Wallace
26. “They’re not happy for you because they wish it were them.” – Carlos Wallace
27. “You tell your friends your most personal secrets, and they use them against you.” – Sophie Kinsella
Famous & Insightful Two Faced People Quotes
28. “Everybody faces obstacles. And I looked to people who had been through many to succeed in life. Abraham Lincoln, born to a poor family, faced defeat through most of his life. Lost eight elections, failed two businesses, had a nervous breakdown, and still became president.” – Dave Winfield
29. “So now that began to develop into a full-fledged shouting match of its own, and all in all it was soon a full-scale old-style Bombay tamasha, with people watching from every balcony and window in every building, up and down the road, laughing and giving advice and yelling at each other.” – Vikram Chandra
30. “When I see you, I think I wonder which face she sees when she looks into the mirror.” – C. JoyBell C.
31. “Most people, faced with two difficult choices, prefer not to choose at all.” – Kenneth Eade
32. “A question that always haunts me. Why can’t people just be real? It’s easier being real than pretend being real. Give yourself a chance.” – Manasa Rao
33. “I’ll never suppress my identity — that’s like filing away your fingerprints so the money can slide into your pockets easier.” – Jonathan Heatt
34. “You shall find dear, that the world is full of two-faced people and phonies.’.. And Uruvi was to discover a cruelly superficial world, which she had failed to recognize.” – Kavita Kane
35. “It is so much better to make a big thing out of a little subject than to make a little thing out of a big one.” – Charles Webster Hawthorne
RELATED: 140 Beautiful Self-Love Quotes To Foster Acceptance And Appreciation Of Who You Are
36. “One of the first rules of police work is that trouble will always come looking for you, so there’s no point looking for it.” – Ben Aaronovitch
37. “I never thought anything was strange in Puerto Rico other than the big mosquitos; because I was born there, nothing was really foreign to me. I think what I saw strange coming to L.A. was that a lot of people are a little bit two-faced. In Puerto Rico, you don’t get that.” – Joyce Giraud
38. “I’d rather deal with thick-face people rather than wasting time with two-faced ones.” – Jhinang
39. “I had two or three faced people, I don’t like the feature that they are have a lot of faces, what’s bad? You never know which face they are using!” – Deyth Banger
40. “He smiled when he talked, a smile that was not completely cold, but was the professional smile of a man who spends his days answering easy questions for people whom he’d rather usher out of his office via catapult.” – Cherie Priest
41. “But I felt like I’d made a journey to the land of fairytales only to find out that the magical world was identical to the real one. Even in fairytales, the sun still burns, sand still works its way into your bikini bottoms, and the diner next door to your motel still scorches toast.” – Holly Schindler
42. “Language isn’t weird. People are weird. Language makes sense until people get their phoneme pukers on it.” – Teia
43. “I’ve had times where I’m like, “Whoops, maybe I shouldn’t have done that.” But, you know, it does grow out fairly quickly, so it’s not the end of the world. If you really mess up, you can always go to somebody who knows what they’re doing and have them try to fix it.” – Freja Beha Erichsen
44. “When faced with two equally tough choices, most people choose the third choice: to not choose.” – Jarod Kintz
45. “Of course we women gossip on occasion. But our appetite for it is not as avid as a man s. It is in the boys gyms, the college fraternity houses, the club locker rooms, the paneled offices of business that gossip reaches its luxuriant flower.” – Phyllis McGinley
46. “Everything depends on how relentlessly one forces from experience the last drop, sweet or bitter, it can possibly give.” – James A. Baldwin
47. “Love yourself so much that you can never harm yourself. Remember, you can never harm others without harming yourself.” – Debasish Mridha
RELATED: 183 Uplifting Quotes To Choose Happiness And Joy In Life
48. “If it pains you to discover that a Nice Man can be a crumbum, Tom, it’s life you’ve got to object to, not Percy in particular.” – Ellery Queen
49. “I think there are two different oceans – the one that plays with you in the summer, and the one that gets so mad in the winter.” – Jodi Picoult
50. “Pastor of the Warsaw Baptist Church, Dr. Peters was tall, gaunt, and pale, with a weak damp smile and cold damp palms: shaking his hand was like being forced to grasp the flaccid penis of a hypothermic zombie.” – Tom Robbins
51. “You can’t tell. That’s something I’m learning here in N.Y.C: you have no fucking idea what people are really like. They’re not even two-faced they’re, like, multiple personalities.” – Jennifer Egan
52. “In terms of idols which represented various gods: worshipping an idol or star cluster is no different than worshipping a concept.” – Thomas Daniel Nehrer
Fake-Friends Or Two Faced People Quotes
53. “When you have everything in life, you have friends, when you have nothing, you have true friends.” – Oscar Bimpong
54. “Most people want to see you to do better, but not doing better than them.” – London Mond
55. “It is only the great hearted who can be true friends. The mean and cowardly can never know what true friendship means.” – Charles Kingsley
56. “Make sure the lions you roll with aren’t snakes in disguise.” – Genereux Philip
57. “Part of the journey in life is slipping and falling along the way; in these times true friends are the ones who pick you up and dust you off.” – Ken Poirot
58. “Stay away from negative people. They have a problem, for every solution.” – Albert Einstein
59. “Fake friends are like shadows: always near you at your brightest moments, but nowhere to be seen at your darkest hour. True friends are like stars, you don’t always see them but they are always there.” – Habeeb Akande
60. “True friends accept you for what you are, wart and all.” – Jeffrey Michael
RELATED: 189 Compelling “Things To Be Grateful For” Journal Prompts For Young And Old
61. “There are people that will give you time when it shines, then fade away when it shades.” – Anthony Liccione
62. “A friend who stands with you in pressure is more valuable than a hundred ones who stand with you in pleasure.” – Edward G. Bulwer-Lytton
63. “Someone who smiles too much with you can sometimes frown too much about you at your back.” – Michael Bassey Johnson
64. “Friends ask you questions; enemies question you.” – Criss Jami
65. “I love fake people provided they are mannequins.” – Pushpa Rana
66. “It is during the worst times of your life that you will get to see the true colors of the people who say they care for you.” – Unknown
67. “A true friend never gets in your way unless you happen to be going down.” – Arnold H. Glasow
68. “The real friends are out there on your own, on your lost and on your special days. If they aren’t there, take it like they aren’t your friends, find other friends.” – Deyth Banger
69. “The most dangerous among us come dressed as angels and we learn too late they are the devil in disguise.” – Carlos Wallace
RELATED: 138 Uplifting Quotes For Hope To Support And Inspire
70. “Candor is a compliment; it implies equality. It’s how true friends talk.” – Peggy Noonan
71. “The best defence is to keep off the radar of negative people.” – Steven Redhead
72. “You always knew after bad things happened, who your friends really were.” – Jodi Picoult
73. “Stop entertaining two-faced people. You know the ones who have split personalities and untrustworthy habits.” – Amaka Imani Nkosazana
74. “We never lose friends, fake ones are exposed.” – Carlos Wallace
75. “As you grow older, you realize it becomes less important to have more friends and more important to have real ones.” – Ziad K. Abdelnour
76. “Remember the friends who stuck with you when they thought you had nothing.” – Joyce Rachelle
Wise Two-Faced People Quotes
77. “False friendship, like the ivy, decays and ruins the walls it embraces, but true friendship gives new life and animation to the object it supports.” – Richard Burton
78. “A false friend and a shadow attend only while the sun shines.” – Benjamin Franklin
79. “How to make life peaceful and happy? The answer is simple and easy: Just delete all negative and destructive people from your life always and forever.” – Lord Robin
80. “Be very careful of who you share your problem with, remember that not every friend that smiles at you is your best friend.” – Kemmy Nola
81. “Lots of people want to ride with you in the limo, but what you want is someone who will take the bus with you when the limo breaks down.” – Oprah Winfrey
82. “People only throw shade on what’s shining.” – Genereux Philip
83. “Fear of something is at the root of hate for others, and hate within will eventually destroy the hater.” – George Washington Carver
84. “Always sleep with one eye open. Never take anything for granted. Your best friends might just be your enemies.” – Sara Shepard
85. “Toxic people will pollute everything around them. Don’t hesitate. Fumigate.” – Mandy Hale
86. “If they talk about other people with you, they will talk about you with other people.” – Carlos Wallace
87. “You don’t lose friends because real friends can never be lost. You lose people masquerading as friends, and you’re better for it.” – Mandy Hale
88. “The only wolves we got to fear are the ones that wear manskin.” – George RR Marin
89. “Only when you are in trouble do you realize who your true friends are… And, my dear, you will be surprised!” – Charbel Tadros
90. “The knives of betrayal and drama cut deep and hurt… but they also trim away the nonsense and reveal your true friends.” – Steve Maraboli
91. “Toxic people attach themselves like cinder blocks tied to your ankles, and then invite you for a swim in their poisoned waters.” – John Mark Green
92. “Real friends are really hard to come by.” – Anthony Liccione
93. “True friends are those who came into your life, saw the most negative part of you, but are not ready to leave you, no matter how contagious you are to them.” – Michael Bassey Johnson
94. “Life’s a battlefield, and we remain loyal to those who fight for us; those who’d die for us.” – Crystal Woods
95. “A fake friend is an enemy in disguise.” – Ellen J. Barrier
96. “What a desperate, pathetic fool I was. Time after time, my “friends” had shown me their true colors. Yet, I still wanted to believe they were sorry for causing me pain.” – Jodee Blanco
RELATED: 308 Powerful Quotes To Cultivate Meaningful Friendships
97. “Until you realize how easy it is for your mind to be manipulated, you remain the puppet of someone else’s game.” – Evita Ochel
98. “If you choose bad companions, no one will believe that you are anything but bad yourself.” – Aesop
99. “This is what happens. You tell your friends your most personal secrets, and they use them against you.” – Sophie Kinsella
100. “Friends with spiteful hearts and thousand eyes of evil, mock not my slumbering glory.” – Darmie Orem
101. “Being betrayed is one of the most valuable lessons life can teach.” – Shania Twain
102. “True friends esteem you of greater worth than you feel deserving. False friends demand you prove that worth.” – Richelle E. Goodrich
103. “At some point, you have to realize that some people can stay in your heart but not in your life.” – Sandi Lynn
104. “You should be aware of fake friends because it is the hardest to be aware of.” – Eraldo Banovac
105. “It is necessary, and even vital, to set standards for your life and the people you allow in it.” – Mandy Hale
106. “To be of good quality, you have to excuse yourself from the presence of shallow and callow minded individuals.” – Michael Bassey Johnson
107. “You cannot expect to live a positive life if you hang with negative people.” – Joel Osteen
108. “Money and power attract friends. But it’s not you they’re friends with – just your money and power. Only affection brings genuine friends.” – Oscar Auliq
109. “Weeding out the harmful influences should become the norm not the exception.” – Carlos Wallace
110. “Letting go of toxic people in your life is a big step in loving yourself.” – Hussein Nishah
111. “There is nothing more deceptive than an obvious fact.” – Arthur Conan Doyle
112. “No person is your friend who demands your silence, or denies your right to grow.” – Alice Walker
What Are Quotes And How Can They Help Us Improve Our Lives?
Quotes are short, powerful statements that can inspire, motivate, and guide us in our daily lives.
They can be found in books, movies, speeches, and even on social media. Quotes can help us improve our lives by providing us with a fresh perspective, reminding us of important values, and encouraging us to take action.
Personally, I find quotes to be a great source of inspiration and motivation. They help me stay focused on my goals, give me a boost of confidence when I’m feeling down, and remind me of the importance of hard work and perseverance.
Quotes can also be a helpful tool for self-reflection and personal growth. By reflecting on the words of others, we can gain insights into our own beliefs, values, and behaviors.
Overall, incorporating quotes into our daily lives can help us stay motivated, focused, and inspired. Whether we’re looking for a quick pick-me-up or a deep insight, there’s a quote out there that can help us on our journey.
What Are Two-Faced People Quotes And How Can They Help Us Make Positive Change In Our Lives?
Two-faced people quotes are short, powerful statements that describe the behavior of individuals who act one way in front of you and another way behind your back. These quotes can help us recognize this type of behavior and make positive changes in our lives.
By reflecting on these quotes, we can gain a better understanding of the negative impact that two-faced people can have on our lives.
They can help us identify patterns of behavior in our relationships and recognize when someone is not being genuine with us.
This can help us avoid getting hurt and wasting our time on relationships that are not worth our energy.
Furthermore, two-faced people quotes can serve as a reminder to be authentic and honest in our own interactions with others.
By treating others with respect and being true to ourselves, we can cultivate genuine and healthy relationships that enrich our lives.
Ultimately, incorporating these quotes into our lives can help us build stronger, more meaningful connections and lead happier, more fulfilling lives.
Next Steps – How To Incorporate Two-Faced People Quotes Into Our Lives
Incorporating two-faced people quotes into my daily life has helped me to recognize when someone is not treating me in a positive way.
Here are some specific strategies that I have used and found helpful. Try them and see if they help you, too.
- Read and reflect on quotes regularly: Make it a habit to read one or two two-faced people quotes every day and reflect on how they relate to your own life experiences.
- Use quotes as a reminder: Write down a quote that resonates with you on a sticky note and place it in a visible location, such as your desk or bathroom mirror. This can serve as a daily reminder to stay aware of two-faced behavior in your relationships.
- Share quotes with others: Share quotes with friends or family members who may also benefit from reflecting on the behavior of two-faced people. Discussing quotes can lead to deeper insights and understanding of this type of behavior.
- Journaling: Write about your own experiences with two-faced behavior in a journal. This can help you gain clarity and insight into your own relationships and patterns of behavior.
- Use quotes as affirmations: Choose a quote that resonates with you and use it as an affirmation to reinforce positive behaviors and attitudes. This can help build resilience and boost self-confidence.
Frequently Asked Questions
Can two-faced people quotes help me identify toxic relationships in my life?
Yes, reflecting on these quotes can help you recognize patterns of behavior in your relationships and identify toxic people who are not genuine.
Are two-faced people quotes only for people who have experienced this behavior in their relationships?
No, anyone can benefit from reading and reflecting on these quotes as a reminder to stay true to themselves and be aware of the behavior of others.
How can I incorporate two-faced people quotes into my daily life?
You can read and reflect on them regularly, use them as affirmations, share them with others, or write about your experiences in a journal.
Are two-faced people quotes negative or pessimistic?
No, these quotes can be empowering and help us build stronger, healthier relationships by encouraging us to be authentic and genuine in our interactions with others.
Continue Reading 👉: 103 Inspiring Quotes On Giving To Help You Make A Difference
- 718 Negative Words That Begin With The Letter “R” - June 2, 2023
- 361 Negative Words That Begin With The Letter “Q” - June 1, 2023
- 620 Negative Words That Begin With The Letter “P” - May 31, 2023