Last Updated on August 16, 2023
“It’s Not Selfish To Love Yourself, Take Care Of Yourself, And To Make Your Happiness A Priority. It’s Necessary.” – Mandy Hale
Wellness has become an important part of my life in recent years. As I’ve gotten older, I’ve realized that taking care of my physical and mental health is essential to living a happy and fulfilling life.
Here are some of the things I’ve learned about wellness and how I incorporate it into my daily routine.
Firstly, I prioritize exercise. I try to make time for some form of physical activity every day, whether it’s a yoga class, a run, or just a walk around the neighborhood.
Not only does exercise keep me physically healthy, but it also helps me manage stress and anxiety.
Secondly, I pay attention to my diet. I try to eat a balanced diet with plenty of fruits, vegetables, and whole grains.
I also make sure to drink enough water throughout the day. When I do indulge in treats or indulgent meals, I try to do so in moderation.
Thirdly, I prioritize sleep. Getting enough restful sleep is essential to both physical and mental health.
I try to stick to a consistent sleep schedule and create a calming bedtime routine to help me wind down.
Fourthly, I make time for self-care. This can include anything from taking a bubble bath to reading a book to practicing meditation.
Taking care of my mental health is just as important as taking care of my physical health.
Lastly, I stay connected with my support system. Having strong relationships with friends and family is essential to my overall well-being.
I make time to connect with loved ones, whether it’s through phone calls, video chats, or in-person hangouts.
Incorporating these practices into my daily routine has helped me feel happier and healthier. However, I know that wellness is not a one-size-fits-all approach.
What works for me may not work for everyone. It’s important to find what works for you and prioritize self-care in a way that feels authentic and sustainable.
Wellness is about taking care of yourself, both physically and mentally. It’s about prioritizing self-care and making choices that support your overall well-being.
Whether it’s through exercise, diet, sleep, self-care, or social connections, there are many ways to incorporate wellness into your daily routine.
By prioritizing your health and well-being, you can live a happier, more fulfilling life.
General Wellness & Selfcare Quotes
- “You can’t say ‘yes’ to everything and not say ‘yes’ to taking care of yourself.” – Shonda Rhimes
- “A woman’s health is her capital.” – Harriet Beecher Stowe
- “Looking after my health today gives me a better hope for tomorrow.” – Anne Wilson Schaef
- “At the end of the day, your health is your responsibility.” – Jillian Michaels
- “I think the number one thing Black women and all Black people should be paying attention to is our health.” – bell hooks
- “When an illness knocks you on your ass, you should stay down and relax for a while before trying to get back up.” – Candea Core-Starke
- “Caring for myself is not self-indulgence, it is self-preservation, and that is an act of political warfare.” – Audre Lorde
- “Wellness encompasses a healthy body, a sound mind, and a tranquil spirit. Enjoy the journey as you strive for wellness.” – Laurette Gagnon Beaulieu
- “Caring for your body, mind, and spirit is your greatest and grandest responsibility. It’s about listening to the needs of your soul and then honoring them.” – Kristi Ling
- “Sometimes the most important thing in a whole day is the rest we take between two deep breaths.” – Etty Holism
- “Nourishing yourself in a way that helps you blossom in the direction you want to go is attainable, and you are worth the effort.” – Deborah Day
- “As I see it, every day you do one of two things: build health or produce disease in yourself.” – Adelle Davis
- “Nurturing yourself is not selfish – it’s essential to your well-being.” – Renee Peterson Tredeau
- “I’m interested in women’s health because I’m a woman. I’d be a darn fool not to be on my own side.” – Maya Angelou
- “Self-care equals success. You’re going to be more successful if you take care of yourself and you’re healthy.” – Beth Behrs
- “Do something every day that is loving toward your body and gives you the opportunity to enjoy the sensations of your body.” – Golda Poretsky
- “When you recover or discover something that nourishes your soul and brings joy, cares enough about yourself to make room for it in your life.” – Jean Shinoda Bolen
- “Unless Black women begin to make our health, and our well-being a central priority, we cannot begin to develop lifestyles that enhance our lives. This is not a simple task; but it is a rewarding one.” – Bell Hooks
- “Love yourself first, and everything else falls in line. You really have to love yourself to get anything done in this world.” – Lucille Ball
- “You deserve to feel good as hell. We all deserve to feel good as hell.” – Lizzo
- “It’s not selfish to love yourself, take care of yourself, and to make your happiness a priority. It’s necessary.” – Mandy Hale
- “You always have to remember to take care of yourself, first and foremost. Because when you stop taking care of yourself, you get out of balance and you really forget how to take care of others.” – Jada Pinkett Smith
- “If you prioritize yourself, you are going to save yourself.” – Gabrielle Union
- “Never ask for permission to save your own life.” – GirlTrek
- “Many of the ills that plaque Black women are lifestyle disease that may be prevented with self-care.” – Tamara Winfrey Harris
Physical Wellness Quotes
- “Health is a state of complete harmony of the body, mind and spirit. When one is free from physical disabilities and mental distractions, the gates of the soul open.” – B.K.S. Iyengar
- “Every time you eat or drink, you are either feeding disease or fighting it.” – Heather Morgan
- “I have to exercise in the morning before my brain figures out what I’m doing.” – Marsha Doble
- “Processed foods not only extend the shelf life, but they extend the waistline as well.” – Karen Sessions
- “Physical fitness is the first requisite of happiness.” – Joseph Pilates
- “You can’t control what goes on outside, but you CAN control what goes on inside.” – Unknown
- “Movement is a medicine for creating change in a person’s physical, emotional, and mental states.” – Carol Welch
- “The human body has been designed to resist an infinite number of changes and attacks brought about by its environment. The secret of good health lies in successful adjustment to changing stresses on the body.” – Harry J. Johnson
- “As for butter versus margarine, I trust cows more than chemists.” – Joan Gussow
- “Self-care doesn’t necessarily mean jogging!” – Sandra Oh
- “Every living cell in your body is made from the food you eat. If you consistently eat junk food then you’ll have a junk body.” – Jeanette Jenkins
- “The food you eat can either be the safest & most powerful form of medicine…or the slowest form of poison.” – Ann Wigmore
- “To ensure good health: eat lightly, breathe deeply, live moderately, cultivate cheerfulness, and maintain an interest in life.” – William Londen
- “Look at your body and whisper there is no home like you. Thank you.” – Rupi Kaur
- “Every negative belief weakens the partnership between mind and body.” – Deepak Chopra
- “Health is a state of complete mental, social and physical well-being, not merely the absence of disease or infirmity.” – World Health Organization, 1948
- “To keep the body in good health is a duty…otherwise we shall not be able to keep the mind strong and clear.” – Buddha
- “Remain calm, because peace equals power.”- Joyce Meyer
- “I have chosen to be happy because it is good for my health.” – Voltaire
- “Good health is not something we can buy. However, it can be an extremely valuable savings account.” – Anne Wilson Schaef
- “Healthy citizens are the greatest asset any country can have.” – Winston Churchill
- “It is health that is the real wealth, and not pieces of gold and silver.” – Mahatma Gandhi
- “If you know the art of deep breathing, you have the strength, wisdom and courage of ten tigers.” – Chinese adage
- “The cheerful mind perseveres, and the strong mind hews its way through a thousand difficulties.” – Swami Vivekananda
- “A sad soul can be just as lethal as a germ.” – John Steinbeck
- “The doctor of the future will give no medicine, but will instruct his patients in care of the human frame, in diet, and in the cause and prevention of disease.” – Thomas Edison
- “Keeping your body healthy is an expression of gratitude to the whole cosmos- the trees, the clouds, everything.” – Thich Nhat Hanh
- “Divide each difficulty into as many parts as is feasible and necessary to resolve it, and watch the whole transform.” – Rene Descartes
- “A good laugh and a long sleep are the best cures in the doctor’s book.” – Irish proverb
Mental Wellness Quotes
- “The advice I’d give to somebody that’s silently struggling is: You don’t have to live that way. You don’t have to struggle in silence. You can be un-silent. You can live well with a mental health condition, as long as you open up to somebody about it, because it’s really important you share your experience with people so that you can get the help that you need.” – Demi Lovato
- “Your body hears everything your mind says.” – Naomi Judd
- “There is hope, even when your brain tells you there isn’t.” – John Green
- “Promise me you’ll always remember: you’re braver than you believe, and stronger than you seem, and smarter than you think.” – Christopher Robin from Winnie the Pooh
- “Your body is a temple, but only if you treat it as one.” – Astrid Alauda
- “I understand your pain. Trust me, I do. I’ve seen people go from the darkest moments in their lives to living a happy, fulfilling life. You can do it too. I believe in you. You are not a burden. You will never be a burden.” – Sophie Turner
- “An illness of the mind is an illness of the body, and vice versa.” – Madrianne Arvore
- “Not until we are lost do we begin to understand ourselves” – Henry David Thoreau
- “You don’t have to be positive all the time. It’s perfectly okay to feel sad, angry, annoyed, frustrated, scared and anxious. Having feelings doesn’t make you a negative person. It makes you human.” – Lori Deschene
- “Mental health problems don’t define who you are. They are something you experience. You walk in the rain and you feel the rain, but you are not the rain.” – Matt Haig
- “A man’s health can be judged by which he takes two at a time.” – pills or stairs. – Joan Welsh
- “If you’re going through hell, keep going.” – Winston Churchill
- “There is a crack in everything, that’s how the light gets in” – Leonard Cohen
- “In minds crammed with thoughts, organs clogged with toxins, and bodies stiffened with neglect, there is just no space for anything else.” – Alison Rose Levy
- “If you are broken, you do not have to stay broken.” – Selena Gomez
- “Change what you can, manage what you can’t.” – Raymond McCauley
- “Your worst enemy cannot harm you as much as your own unguarded thoughts.” – Buddha
- “The soul always knows what to do to heal itself. The challenge is to silence the mind.” – Caroline Mess
- “It is not the bruises on the body that hurt. It is the wounds of the heart and the scars on the mind.” – Aisha Mirza
- “What mental health needs are more sunlight, more candor, and more unashamed conversation.” – Glenn Close
- “What I love about therapy is that they’ll tell you what your blind spots are. Although that’s uncomfortable and painful, it gives you something to work with.” – Pink
- “Mental health… is not a destination but a process. It’s about how you drive, not where you’re going.” – Noam Shpancer
- “Your present circumstances don’t determine where you can go; they merely determine where you start.” – Nido Qubein
- “One small crack does not mean that you are broken, it means that you were put to the test and you didn’t fall apart.” – Linda Poindexter
- “Mental health affects every aspect of your life. It’s not just this neat little issue you can put into a box.” – Shannon Purser
- “It is okay to have depression, it is okay to have anxiety and it is okay to have an adjustment disorder. We need to improve the conversation. We all have mental health in the same way we all have physical health.” – Prince Harry
- “You don’t have to control your thoughts. You just have to stop letting them control you.” – Dan Millman
- “Happiness can be found even in the darkest of times, if one only remembers to turn on the light.” – Albus Dumbledore from Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Azkaban
- “You are the one thing in this world, above all other things, that you must never give up on. When I was in middle school, I was struggling with severe anxiety and depression and the help and support I received from my family and a therapist saved my life. Asking for help is the first step. You are more precious to this world than you’ll ever know.” – Lili Rhinehart
- “It is during our darkest moments that we must focus to see the light.” – Aristotle
- “Just when the caterpillar thought the world was ending, he turned into a butterfly.” – Anonymous proverb
- “I can’t change the direction of the wind, but I can adjust my sails to always reach my destination.” – Jimmy Dean
- “Don’t believe everything you think.” – Unknown
- “Sometimes you climb out of bed in the morning and you think, I’m not going to make it, but you laugh inside — remembering all the times you’ve felt that way.” – Charles Bukowski
- “If you can’t fly, run. If you can’t run, walk. If you can’t walk, crawl, but by all means, keep moving.” – Martin Luther King, Jr.
- “The best way out is always through.” – Robert Frost
- “Your illness is not your identity. Your chemistry is not your character.” – Pastor Rick Warren
- “Mental health is just as important as… physical health and deserves the same quality of support.” – Kate Middleton
- “I am bent, but not broken. I am scarred, but not disfigured. I am sad, but not hopeless. I am tired, but not powerless. I am angry, but not bitter. I am depressed, but not giving up.” – Unknown
What Are Quotes And How Can They Help Us To Improve Our Lives?
Quotes are short phrases or sentences that are often used to convey a message or a particular viewpoint.
They can be inspiring, motivational, thought-provoking, or even humorous. Quotes have the power to evoke emotions, change perspectives, and motivate action.
They can provide us with guidance, wisdom, and encouragement, and help us navigate life’s challenges.
By incorporating quotes into our daily lives, we can cultivate a more positive mindset and improve our overall well-being.
Whether it’s through reading a quote that resonates with us or using a quote as a daily mantra, quotes can be a powerful tool for personal growth and self-improvement.
What Are Wellness Quotes And How Can They Help Us To Make Positive Change?
Wellness quotes are quotes that inspire and encourage us to prioritize our physical and mental well-being.
They often provide practical advice, words of wisdom, and inspiration to help us stay on track with our wellness goals.
By reading and reflecting on wellness quotes, we can gain insights into healthy habits and ways to cultivate a positive mindset.
These quotes can be particularly helpful in making positive changes in our lives. They can serve as a reminder of the importance of self-care, motivate us to exercise, eat healthily, and practice mindfulness.
Wellness quotes can also inspire us to seek support from our loved ones and to find ways to reduce stress and improve our mental health.
Incorporating wellness quotes into our daily lives can help us to stay motivated, focused, and on track with our wellness goals.
Whether it’s through journaling, reading, or meditation, taking the time to reflect on inspiring quotes can have a profound impact on our well-being.
How Can We Effectively Incorporate Wellness Quotes Into Our Lives?
Wellness quotes can be a powerful tool to help us stay motivated and focused on living a healthy, balanced life. By incorporating these quotes into our daily routine, we can make positive changes that benefit both our physical and mental well-being. Here are some concrete ways to use wellness quotes to effect positive change:
- Use Them As Mantras: Choose a wellness quote that resonates with you and repeat it to yourself throughout the day. This can help you stay focused on your goals and remind you of the positive changes you want to make.
- Display Them In Your Home Or Office: Hang a wellness quote on your wall or keep it on your desk as a visual reminder of your goals.
- Share Them With Others: Send a wellness quote to a friend or family member who might benefit from the message. Sharing positive messages with others can help create a sense of community and support.
- Write Them Down: Write down your favorite wellness quotes in a journal or planner. This can help you reflect on the message and track your progress towards your goals.
- Use Them To Inspire Your Actions: Let wellness quotes inspire you to take action towards a healthier lifestyle. Whether it’s starting a new workout routine or trying a new healthy recipe, use the message of the quote to motivate you.
Frequently Asked Questions
If you’re new to the world of wellness quotes, you may have some questions about how to use them and what benefits they can offer. Here are some frequently asked questions about wellness quotes and their answers:
What Are Wellness Quotes?
Wellness quotes are short, inspiring messages that encourage us to prioritize our health and well-being. They can be motivational, thought-provoking, and uplifting.
How Can Wellness Quotes Help Me?
Wellness quotes can help you stay motivated and focused on your health and wellness goals. They can also provide a source of inspiration and encouragement during challenging times.
Where Can I Find Wellness Quotes?
Wellness quotes can be found online, in books, and on social media platforms. You can also create your own quotes that speak to your personal goals and values.
How Do I Incorporate Wellness Quotes Into My Daily Routine?
You can incorporate wellness quotes into your daily routine by using them as mantras, displaying them in your home or office, sharing them with others, writing them down, and using them to inspire your actions.
- Stromatolites Meanings, Healing Properties and Uses - October 7, 2023
- Green Jade Meanings, Healing Properties and Uses - October 3, 2023
- 125 Powerful Manifesting Affirmations To Achieve Your Dreams - September 21, 2023