Last Updated on February 9, 2024
Symbols are everywhere in our modern world. Yet, symbols have existed for as long as humans have been on this earth.
Simply, a symbol is a representation of something. A symbol stands in place of an explanation, an object, a use, or a process.
Safety symbols are some of the most common symbols.
Just look within your home. There are symbols on all sorts of things.
For example, if you look at your laundry detergent you may find a small image of a child reaching up with a diagonal line across the image.
This symbol serves to warn people that the detergent must be kept out of reach of children as it may be harmful to them if they ingest it.
Some common safety symbols include a skull and crossbones, which signifies toxic or poisonous material, a jagged line with a downward arrow telling us something contains high electrical voltage, and a large X meaning harmful irritant.
Our world’s focus on the environment is reflected in the symbols on many wrappers and containers that show their suitability for recycling or composting.
A symbol does not have to be in the form of an image. Traffic lights tell us when to stop, slow down and wait, and go.
The symbol of a pylon tells us to stay away from that area.
Symbols give us information quickly. Rather than reading a sign with a long explanation, we see the symbol and quickly grasp the meaning.
Symbols have been in existence for tens of thousands of years. Early cave drawings of various images reveal what was important to the people of that time, how they lived, and what they ate.
Hieroglyphics are famous ancient Egyptian symbols that comprised a language. They have unlocked a tremendous amount of information about early Egyptian society.
Religions and mythology have many symbols. They explain our presence and purpose on earth and what happens to us when we die.
Symbols are also used widely in healing. In this article I explore thirty healing spiritual symbols.
Come along with me and learn about spiritual healing and how it can help you to improve your life.
Healing Spiritual Symbols
Healing spiritual symbols are common in many cultures all over the world from native American peoples to civilizations in India, Greece, and China.
Let’s look at some of these symbols contained in the list below and learn about their importance.
We begin with Om, a spiritual symbol essential to Hinduism, Buddhism, and Jainism. Its meaning is “one” and symbolizes the birth of the universe and the unity of the world.
Om is often chanted in meditation to align a person’s conscience with the rest of the universe and with divine energy.
Om also represents the Hindu trinity: creation, preservation, and dissolution. It speaks to the eternal existence of the universe and the cyclical nature of our existence.
Chanting Om is believed to unite the spiritual, mental, and physical parts of ourselves, bringing balance to the chakras.
Regular practice can aid in lessening stress and increasing our ability to relax.
Another spiritual symbol is the lotus flower. This symbol has its roots in Eastern Asia.
The lotus flower emerges from mud. It appears in clean, fragrant beauty from its muddy roots. Look at any pond where a lotus flower exists and you will be immediately drawn to the flower’s exquisite beauty.
It is easy to see how this flower is a symbol of purity, cleanliness, and beauty. It also symbolizes rebirth as it emerges from the dark of muddy water.
Not only does it rise out of the mud, but each night, it re-enters the murky waters, only to rise again the next day in clean and wondrous beauty.
As a symbol of spiritual awakening and enlightenment, the lotus flower has been a central spiritual symbol in Buddhism and Hinduism for centuries.
Read about the other healing spiritual symbols in the following list.
10 Healing Spiritual Symbols
1. “Om Symbol Of Oneness”
2. “Spiral Sun Symbol Of Natural Movement”
3. “Shaman’s Hand Symbol Of Health & Good Luck”
4. “Eye Of Horus Symbol Of Prosperity & Protection”
5. “Asclepius Wand Symbol Of Balance Between Two Opposites”
6. “Magical Alchemy Symbol Of Healing Remedy”
7. “Sri Yantra Symbol Of Hinduism”
8. “Antahkarana Symbol Of Totality Of Mind”
9. “Lotus Flower Symbol Of Purity, Rebirth, & Strength”
10. “Yin Yang Symbol Of Balance That Heals”
Reiki Symbols For Healing
Reiki is an alternative medicine with its roots in Japan. It is an energy healing method which uses the hands.
Improved relaxation, as well as reduced stress and anxiety, are the benefits of reiki.
In Japanese, rei means universal while ki stands for the life force energy within us.
Reiki may be done on its own but it is also becoming common as an additional treatment alongside other medical treatments.
Reiki treats all aspects of our being: spiritual, physical, emotional, and mental. It brings our body into balance.
Reiki can relieve pain and tension and help with the healing of bones and tissues. It has even been shown to improve a person’s immune system.
Reiki works by the transference of energy from the hands of the reiki practitioner to the patient’s body.
There are twelve to fifteen different hand positions that the practitioner may use during a session.
People feel energized, relaxed, and peaceful during a reiki session. Some even feel certain sensations like tingling or heat.
Explore the reiki healing symbols in the list below.
8 Reiki Symbols For Healing
11. “Sei He Ki Symbol Of God and Man Become One Japanese”
12. “Dai Ko Myo Symbol Of Clarity, Intention & Understanding Japanese”
13. “Hon Sha Ze Sho Nen Symbol Of Having No Present, Past, Or Future Japanese”
14. “Raku Symbol Of Grounding And Completion Chinese”
15. “Cho Ku Rei Symbol Of Spiral Representation Of Seven Chakras Japanese”
16. “The Rod of Ascepius Symbol Of Medicine Greek Religion”
17. “Naga – The Snake Symbol Of Kundalini Power (Cosmic Energy) India”
18. “Medicine Wheel Symbol Of Healing, Protection, & Good Health Native American”
More Healing Symbols
Many other healing symbols exist from many different cultures. I find this to be one of the most interesting things to explore in other cultures.
All cultures have long been interested in healing, and spiritual healing specifically. We can learn so much about caring for ourselves and maintaining a healthy body, mind, and spirit.
As a citizen of the Western world, my knowledge of healing from Eastern countries is limited, yet there is so much to be learned and shared.
It is exciting to see more and more people learning about alternative methods of healing. They are gaining more and more credibility in the medical field as well.
Some of these are acupuncture, homeopathy, naturopathy, herbal medicine, ayurveda, hypnotherapy, and, of course, the focus of this article, reiki.
The spiritual aspect of medicine is often featured in these alternative medicines which is a significant difference from the almost sole focus on the physical body in Western medicine.
Read the list below to find more healing symbols and begin your journey to overall wellness.
12 More Healing Symbols
19. “Star of Life Universal Symbol Of Healing United States”
20. “Onyx Symbol Of Healing Powers Persian”
21. “Flower of Life Symbol Of Interconnectedness & Unity Ancient Egypt”
22. “Ailm Symbol Of Inner Strength Celtic Symbol”
23. “Tree of Life Symbol Of Afterlife Celtic Culture”
24. “Reconciliation Symbol Of Mutual Relation Of God & The Church Christan”
25. “Triquetra Symbol Of Interconnectedness & Infinity Celtic Culture”
26. “Blue Fairy Symbol Of Incarnation Of kindness & Love European Culture”
27. “Yemaya Symbol Of Motherhood & Sea African”
28. “Water Symbol Of Wisdom, Power & Grace Christan”
29. “Phoenix Symbol Of Immortality & Resurrection Ancient Greek And Egyptian”
30. “Caduceus Symbol Of Hermes Or Mercury Christan”
Frequently Asked Questions
What Are The Benefits Of Working With Healing Spiritual Symbols?
Working with healing spiritual symbols can offer numerous benefits, including promoting inner peace and relaxation, enhancing mindfulness and focus, facilitating emotional healing and spiritual growth, and fostering a deeper connection with the divine.
Are Healing Spiritual Symbols Associated With Any Specific Religious Or Cultural Traditions?
Healing spiritual symbols are often associated with various religious or cultural traditions, including Hinduism, Buddhism, Christianity, and Native American spirituality. However, they can also be embraced by individuals of any faith or spiritual background.
Can Healing Spiritual Symbol Be Used For Specific Healing Purposes?
Yes, healing spiritual symbol can be used for specific healing purposes, such as physical, emotional, or energetic healing. By focusing on a particular symbol and its associated qualities, individuals can channel healing energy and intention to address specific areas of imbalance or discomfort.
Continue Reading 👉 : 32 Social Self-Care Ideas To Boost Your Well-Being
- 49 Unique Self-Care Kit Ideas For Your Well-Being - February 14, 2024
- 85 Exciting And Encouraging Quotes About Trying New Things In Life To Inspire That First Step - February 14, 2024
- 125 Inspiring You Are Amazing Quotes For Yourself And The Special People In Your Life - February 14, 2024