“No Arbitrary Number On The Scale Will Ever Define How Beautiful, Capable And Confident I Am.”
Body acceptance is a powerful concept that has the potential to transform the way we see ourselves and interact with the world around us.
For me, learning to accept my body has been a journey that has involved learning to love and accept myself for who I am, rather than constantly striving for some unattainable ideal.
One of the most important things that I’ve learned about body acceptance is that it’s not just about the way we look. It’s about embracing our bodies as they are, with all of their imperfections and quirks.
It’s about recognizing that our bodies are amazing, complex machines that allow us to experience the world in incredible ways.
Body acceptance has also taught me that it’s okay to have bad days. There are times when I still struggle with negative thoughts and feelings about my body, and that’s okay.
What’s important is that I continue to work on accepting and loving myself, even on the tough days.
One strategy that has been helpful for me in my journey towards body acceptance is practicing gratitude.
When I find myself feeling negative or critical about my body, I try to shift my focus towards the things that my body allows me to do.
For example, I might think about how my legs allow me to go for a walk in nature or how my hands allow me to create art or cook a delicious meal.
Another strategy that has been helpful for me is seeking out positive representations of diverse bodies.
This might mean following body-positive social media accounts, reading books or articles by body-positive activists, or seeking out media that features diverse body types and sizes.
Ultimately, body acceptance is about learning to love and appreciate ourselves for who we are, regardless of our size, shape, or appearance.
It’s about recognizing that our bodies are beautiful and worthy of love and respect, simply because they exist.
If you’re struggling with accepting your body, know that you’re not alone. It can be a difficult journey, but it’s one that is worth taking.
Be gentle with yourself, and remember that you are worthy of love and acceptance, just as you are.
Body Positive Affirmations
Body Positive Affirmations For Unconditional Kindness
1. “I am healthy, well, and vibrant.”
2. “I am learning how to love my body fully.”
3. “I release self-criticism and choose self-love.”
4. “I prioritize my total well-being: mind, body, and spirit.”
5. “My body is capable of more than I can even imagine.”
6. “I am full of energy, passion, and vitality.”
7. “My body is a powerful force of strength, resilience, and perseverance.”
8. “My body is my home and I pledge to always build it up and never tear it down.”
9. “No matter what, my body is always worthy of love and respect.”
10. “I am perfect, whole, and complete, just the way I am.”
11. “I feel safe in my body.”
12. “When I look in the mirror, I love the strong and powerful person staring back at me.”
13. “I make healthy choices for my body rooted in love.”
14. “My body is truly beautiful.”
15. “I honor my body by trusting the signals that it sends me.”
16. “I am grateful for my body and all that it is capable of.”
17. “I choose to like and love myself fully and unconditionally.”
18. “I treat my body with love and compassion.”
19. “My body always takes care of me.”
20. “I truly love my body and all that it does for me.”
21. “I feel strong in my body.”
22. “My body is deserving of love.”
23. “My health is a blessing that I choose to appreciate everyday.”
24. “I trust my body’s wisdom and listen when it speaks to me.”
25. “My body shows up for me each and every day, and it deserves my wholehearted love.”
26. “I am willing to love my body, just as it is.”
27. “I give my body permission to change.”
28. “I listen to my body because it always knows what it needs.”
29. “I feed my mind, body, and spirit with total self-love.”
30. “Every single part of me vibrates at the frequency of total self-love.”
31. “My body is a gift.”
32. “I am open to loving my body and seeing it for all of its beauty.”
33. “My body is allowed to change.”
34. “My strong lungs allow me to inhale unlimited self-love.”
35. “Every cell in my body is completely at peace.”
36. “I am allowed to take up space.”
37. “I lovingly nurture my mind, body, and spirit.”
38. “My worthiness is not defined by a number on a scale.”
39. “I choose to respect and honor my body just as it is.”
40. “I am strong in mind, body, and spirit.”
41. “My body is a powerful healer.”
Positive Body Image Affirmations
42. “Bad body image days will happen and I will say to myself that I my body deserves recognition for all it does for me.”
43. “My postpartum body is proof of the amazing things it can do, and I will honor and love it for that.”
44. “I will make a conscious effort to send the right messages to my body because it remembers everything.”
45. “The sexiest body part I appreciate is the one that made me fall in love with it.”
46. “No arbitrary number on the scale will ever define how beautiful, capable and confident I am.”
47. “I am not at fault for having a poor body image.”
48. “I am developing wisdom of my body that supersedes any quick detox tea or crash diet.”
RELATED: 110 Powerful Quotes To Heal Trauma
49. “My physical body knows what it needs and I’m receptive to its needs because I love and respect it.”
50. “When tempted to hold my breath from stress, I will take a deep breath to give my lungs rest.”
51. “I welcome positive thoughts when it comes to my body.”
52. “It may be a difficult journey but it’s worth it to love and accept my body.”
53. “I will not fixate on reaching a goal weight. It’s not fair to my body to constantly push it towards something that makes me miserable in the process.”
54. “I am in good health because my body tells me in more ways than one that it’s happy.”
55. “There are a variety of foods that give my body the fuel and energy it needs. I will eat mindfully and without guilt.”
56. “My high school body may not look the same but I’m a grown woman, why would I want it to?”
Positive Affirmations For Kids
57. “I am worthy of love and affection – whatever my looks”
58. “There is correlation between weight and health, not causation”
59. “Health is not a moral requirement”
60. “Loving my body isn’t believing it looks good; It’s knowing my body IS good, regardless of how it looks”
61. “I give myself permission to feel sad or overwhelmed”
62. “Experiencing pleasure from food is natural. It guarantees my survival & supports nutrient absorption”
63. “This too shall pass”
64. “Food is pleasure and nourishment, it doesn’t have to be feared”
65. “The number on the scale does not define me”
66. “I am not alone in suffering. It is part of the human condition.”
67. “Being vulnerable and authentic doesn’t mean I am weak”
68. “Getting thinner is not intrinsically positive”
69. “I am learning to show kindness and compassion for myself, even when things are hard”
70. “My body is always on my side.”
71. “Feeling at peace with food and my body does more for my health than forcing down kale or restricting chocolate”
72. “There’s nothing a hot shower cannot make [even slightly] better”
RELATED: 302 Inspiring Daily Habit Quotes To Build A Better Life
73. “When I am hungry, I eat”
74. “I can’t hate myself into thinness”
75. “My body is an instrument, not an ornament”
76. “There are no binges in recovery [from a restrictive ED]. Only extra nourishment.”
77. “I aim to speak to myself like I would to a young child”
78. “Giving up on myself for the sake of others is just not worth it”
Morning Affirmations For Daily Use
79. “I am proof enough of who I am and what I deserve.”
80. “I leave room in my life for spontaneity.”
81. “I tell the truth about who I am and what I need from others.”
82. “My body is beautiful in this moment and at its current size.”
83. “Asking for help is a sign of self-respect and self-awareness.”
84. “I have come farther than I would have ever thought possible, and I’m learning along the way.”
85. “I am growing and I am going at my own pace.”
86. “I welcome what is, I welcome what comes.”
87. “I look forward to tomorrow and the opportunities that await me.”
88. “There is something in this world that only I can do. That is why I am here.”
89. “Letting go creates space for opportunities to come.”
90. “I make decisions based on a good gut, I make changes based on a growing heart.”
91. “I can hold two opposing feelings at once, it means I am processing.”
92. “I can control how I respond to things that are confronting.”
93. “Every decision I make is supported by my whole and inarguable experience.”
94. “I embrace the questions in my heart and welcome the answers in their own time.”
95. “I hold community for others, and am held in community by others.”
96. “Sometimes the work is resting.”
RELATED: 361 Uplifting Quotes To Start The New Week On A Positive Note
97. “I am good and getting better.”
98. “I deserve information and I deserve moments of silence, too.”
99. “I do not rise and fall for another.”
100. “I breath in healing, I exhale the painful things that burden my heart.”
101. “I breathe in trust, I exhale doubt.”
102. “I do not pretend to be anyone or anything other than who I am.”
103. “I practice gratitude for all that I have, and all that is yet to come.”
104. “I make time to experience grief and sadness when necessary.”
105. “My body is worthy of being cared for and adorned in beautiful garments.”
106. “I am listening and open to the messages the universe has to offer today.”
107. “I grow towards my interests, like a plant reaching for the sun.”
108. “I welcome the wisdom that comes with growing older.”
109. “I do not rush through my life, I temper speed with stillness.”
110. “I am proof enough of who I am and what I deserve.”
111. “I strive for joy, not for perfection.”
112. “My sensitivity is beautiful, and my feelings and emotions are valid.”
113. “I release the fears that do not serve me.”
114. “I am allowed to ask for what I want and what I need.”
115. “My feelings deserve names, deserve recognition, deserve to be felt.”
116. “I respect the cycle of the seasons.”
117. “Saying “no” is an act of self-affirmation, too.”
118. “My weirdness is wonderful.”
119. “There is growth in stillness.”
120. “My life is not a race or competition.”
121. “I am understood and my perspective is important.”
122. “I do not have to linger in dark places; there is help for me here.”
123. “I seek out mystery in the ordinary.”
124. “I hold wisdom beyond knowledge.”
125. “My pleasure does not require someone else’s pain.”
126. “I invite abundance and a generous heart.”
127. “There is poetry in everything, if I look for it.”
128. “My heart is open to helpfulness from myself and from others.”
129. “There is peace in changing your mind when it is done in love.”
130. “I nourish myself with kind words and joyful foods.”
131. “I invite art and music into my life.”
132. “I embrace change seamlessly and rise to the new opportunity it presents.”
133. “I can be soft in my heart and firm in my boundaries.”
134. “I let go of the things that sit achingly out of reach.”
135. “I deserve an affirming touch on my own terms.”
136. “I do all things in love.”
137. “I am well-rested and excited for the day.”
Positive Affirmations To Change The Way You Think
138. “I am in charge of my life.”
139. “I have the power to create change. “
140. “I am love. I am purpose. I was made with divine intention.”
141. “When you really want it, you are unstoppable.”
142. “I am doing the work that works for me.”
143. “I am choosing and not waiting to be chosen.”
144. “I am the hero of my own life. “
145. “I am content and free from pain.”
146. “I can. I will. End of story.”
147. “I alone hold the truth of who I am.”
RELATED: 225 Encouraging Darkness Light Quotes To Help You Find Your Way
148. “I feed my spirit. I train my body. I focus my mind. It’s my time.”
149. “I am complete as I am, others simply support me.”
150. “I am allowed to feel good.”
151. “I’m going to make you so proud.”
152. “I believe in the good things coming.”
153. “I am my light. “
154. “I am worthy of what I desire.”
155. “I am resilient and can get through anything. “
156. “I am adventurous. I overcome fears by following my dreams.”
157. “I will not compare myself to strangers on the Internet.”
158. “My presence is my power.”
159. “I am capable of balancing ease and effort in my life.”
160. “I am peaceful and whole.”
161. “I affirm and encourage others, as I do myself.”
162. “I will accomplish everything that needs to get done.”
163. “I am optimistic because today is a new day.”
164. “I claim my desires. I hold great visions. I am ready to receive.”
165. “Changing my mind is a strength, not a weakness.”
166. “I am loved and worthy.”
167. “I am still learning so it’s okay to make mistakes.”
168. “I am held and supported by those who love me.”
169. “I am more than my circumstances dictate.”
170. “I am safe and surrounded by love and support.”
171. “I am in charge of how I feel and I choose to feel happy.”
172. “I am open to healing.”
RELATED: 180 Beautiful Kindness Quotes To Bring Happiness To You And Help You Spread It To Others
173. “I am growing and I am going at my own pace.”
174. “I am responsible for myself, and I start there.”
What Are Affirmations And How Can They Help Us Improve Our Life?
Affirmations are positive statements that can help us improve our life by shifting our thoughts and beliefs towards a more positive and empowering perspective.
As someone who has struggled with negative self-talk and limiting beliefs, affirmations have been a powerful tool for me in my personal growth journey.
When I use affirmations, I am able to reprogram my mind and replace negative thoughts with positive ones.
I use affirmations to focus on my strengths, my goals, and my ability to overcome challenges. By repeating affirmations regularly, I am able to shift my mindset and create a more positive internal dialogue.
Affirmations are a simple but effective way to improve our lives and can be used in various areas such as mental health, body positivity, self-confidence, and more.
They are a reminder of the power of our thoughts and the impact they have on our lives.
What Are Body Positive Affirmations And How Can They Help Us To Make Positive Change In Our Life?
Body positive affirmations are positive statements that help us to love and accept our bodies just as they are.
As someone who has struggled with body image issues, I know firsthand the power that these affirmations can have in making positive change in our lives.
When I use body positive affirmations, I am able to focus on the things that I love about my body, rather than dwelling on its perceived flaws.
I use affirmations to remind myself that my body is unique, beautiful, and worthy of love and respect.
By repeating these affirmations regularly, I am able to shift my mindset and create a more positive relationship with my body.
Body positive affirmations can help us to improve our self-confidence, develop a healthier relationship with food and exercise, and reduce negative self-talk.
They are a reminder that our bodies are amazing and deserve to be celebrated, regardless of their size, shape, or appearance.
Next Steps – How To Incorporate Body Positive Affirmations Into Your Life
There are many strategies for incorporating body positive affirmations into our daily lives.
One strategy that has worked for me is to write down affirmations and place them in visible areas, such as on my mirror or in my workspace. This way, I am reminded of these positive statements throughout the day.
Another strategy is to say affirmations out loud, either in front of a mirror or during a quiet moment of reflection. This helps to reinforce the positive message and can be especially effective when done regularly.
I also like to incorporate jewelry into my practice of body positive affirmations. For example, I might wear a necklace or bracelet with a positive message or word that reminds me to love and accept my body.
This serves as a physical reminder of the affirmation and can be a source of comfort and encouragement throughout the day.
In addition, I try to surround myself with positive influences, such as books, podcasts, and social media accounts that promote body positivity and self-acceptance.
These resources can provide inspiration and support as I work towards a healthier relationship with my body.
Frequently Asked Questions
Here are some frequently asked questions about positive body affirmations that I often encounter, along with my personal answers:
How Often Should I Practice Positive Body Affirmations?
I find that incorporating positive affirmations into my daily routine has been most effective.
Whether it’s saying them out loud in the morning or placing them in visible areas throughout the day, consistency is key.
What If I Don’t Believe The Affirmations I Am Saying?
It’s okay if you don’t fully believe the affirmations at first. The goal is to shift your mindset towards a more positive and accepting view of your body.
With repetition and consistency, the affirmations can become more believable and ingrained in your thinking.
Can Body Positive Affirmations Really Make A Difference In My Life?
Absolutely! Personally, I have found that incorporating positive body affirmations has improved my self-confidence, reduced negative self-talk, and helped me to develop a healthier relationship with my body.
Continue Reading : 100 Inspirational Trust Quotes For Positive Relationships
- 610 Negative Words That Begin With The Letter “T” - June 5, 2023
- 614 Negative Words That Begin With The Letter “S” - June 5, 2023
- 718 Negative Words That Begin With The Letter “R” - June 2, 2023