Whether you’re looking for physical healing, inner peace, or spiritual awareness, tapping into the seven main chakras is the best solution for all. But how do you open chakras? What do they do?
Opening chakras is possible via many techniques like chakra meditation, chanting, yoga, crystals, aromas, foods, and much more. Doing so makes you courageous, confident, psychic, completely relaxed, creative, and lucky.
Today we will discuss how to awaken your life energy and flush out negativities jamming your energy centers in detail. I’ve simplified stepwise techniques to open each chakra in three different ways.
Interested? Let’s get started!
Overview: How Do You Activate All 7 Chakras?
You can activate all the seven chakras in your body using several energy healing techniques. Some of these are crystals, aromatherapy, chakra meditation, and yoga.
But, what does opening your chakras mean? Open chakras refer to activating the dormant energies or blocked chakra centers in your body with different techniques we’ll discuss ahead.
Chakra opening is a sacred way of detoxing your mind, body, and soul. While it’s based on Hinduism and Buddhism, the wheel of energies is universal to religions, cultures, and scriptures worldwide.
Can You Feel When A Chakra Is Open?
Yes, you can feel open chakras almost immediately. Moreover, you can also feel blocked chakra energies instantly too.
Chakra opening of one energy point leads to opening all the seven chakras consecutively.
As a result, you might feel sensations in your physical body like warmth, coldness, tingling, or burning around the power centers. You can also open chakras using complex yogas that depend on your stamina, flexibility, and even maximum feet shoulder-width.
How To Open Your Root Chakra?
Located at the end of your spine, the first chakra in the energy system shows up with a red color aura around your low back region. It’s your tether to Mother Earth and stands for courage, self-confidence, and bodily healing.
|Foods||Red Meat, Radish, Chili, Beetroot, Tomato, Pomegranate, and Apple.|
|Essential Oils||Ginger, Sandalwood, Cloves, and Black Pepper.|
Yoga Poses To Activate Root Chakra
Doing root chakra yoga is excellent for healing your lower body, such as the spine, rectum, intestines, adrenal glands, kidneys, immune system, and bladders.
You can try the Standing Forward Bend or Uttanasana, Janu Sirasana or Head To Knee Forward Bend, or Sukhasana or Easy Pose to open chakras of the root.
I’ll tell you how to do the Janu Sirasana Pose.
- Sit down.
- Stretch your legs towards the front.
- Fold your left knee.
- Keep your left foot on your right thigh.
- Now twist your upper body over the right knee and pivot forward.
Mudra To Open The Root Chakra
The Muladhara mudra is an easy mudra called the Ashwini (Horse) Mudra.
- You can perform it by bringing your left and right palms together at the same level as your heart.
- Next, fold the pink and ring fingers inside your palms.
- Stretch the middle finger to touch their tips.
- Then, intertwine your thumb and index fingers to ring around one another while touching their tips.
Finally, start chanting mantras like the seed syllable of the first chakra- LAM to empower your subtle body. Continue by meditating and visualizing the red color enveloping you.
Here’s how to open the first energy of root chakra:
Crystals For Blocked Root Chakra
Another way to unblock the negativity in your root chakra is by using crystals associated with the first chakra, such as ruby, fire agate, red jasper, bloodstone, hematite, and sardonyx.
Psychics recommend wearing Muladhara stones as crystal jewelry or using them in a reiki session for physical well-being.
How To Open Your Sacral Chakra?
The sacral chakra is the seat of your personal power. Itignites your life energy called the kundalini power in the chakra system. Also, it can glow with an orange aura around the sacral bone around the physical body location when active.
|Foods||Mango, Carrots, Oranges, Papaya, Pumpkin, Peach, and Apricots.|
|Essential Oils||Clary Sage, Sandalwood, Rose, Cinnamon Bark, Ylang Ylang, and Cardamom.|
Yoga Asanas To Activate Second Chakra
The Svadhishtana chakra aims to bring sensuality. Hence, the sacral chakra deals with sexual energy awakening that can be opened by practicing certain yoga postures.
Associated yoga asanas like Paschimottanasana or Seated Forward Bend, Prasarita Padottanasana or Wide-Legged Forward Bend, Viparita Virabhadrasana or Reverse Warrior Pose, and Utkata Konasana or Goddess Pose can help your general well-being.
Do the Goddess pose as shown below.
- Stand up.
- Keep your feet a meter apart.
- Raise your arms and bend them at the elbows at 90-degrees.
- Face the palms against each other as if you’re holding a giant ball over your head.
- Push your hips ahead and knees back.
- Face ahead.
Mudra To Open The Sacral Chakra
When you do the second chakra mudra of the feminine mudra, you’ll feel powerful energy radiating around your pelvic area. Frankly, it’s the easiest mudra.
- You start by keeping your palms in front of the heart.
- Now, press the tips of your ring and pinky fingers together.
- Next, make your thumbs point into your palms with the index and middle fingers.
- Lastly, breathe deep by repeating the beej mantra of the second chakra- VAM.
Crystals For Blocked Sacral Chakra
If yoga and mudras are hard to do, you can embrace the power of healing stones with the sacral chakra energy center.
Go for crystals like coral, carnelian, citrine, red jasper, amber, or peach moonstone. Use yoni eggs or wands associated with the energy to massage the second chakra location for fertility benefits.
How To Open Your Solar Plexus Chakra?
The third chakra is another point to flush out stagnant energy that threatens your physical body. It’s located right above your belly button and stands for personal power.
When the lower closed chakras like the solar plexus are blocked, you’ll suffer from health issues that affect your digestive organs.
|Foods||Pineapples, Bananas, Potatoes, Corn, Pumpkin, and Ginger.|
|Essential Oils||Rosemary, Chamomile, Palo Santo, Sandalwood, Bergamot, Cedarwood, and Mandarin.|
Yoga Poses To Activate Solar Plexus Chakra
Yoga is the best way to unblock the navel chakra to be completely relaxed.
The best yoga for boosting the energy flow of this chakra activation are Naukasana or boat pose, Dhanurasana or bow pose, Bhujangasana or Cobra Pose, or Parvritta Trikonasana or the revolving triangle pose.
Let us show you how to do the Boat Pose.
- Sit down.
- Keep the knees and the feet flat.
- Bend your knees.
- Lift your feet straight and then upward in a straight motion.
- Stretch your arms along the legs with your palms facing the legs.
- Hold the pose for 10 seconds.
Mudra To Open The Solar Plexus Chakra
Hakini Mudra is the third chakra gesture for well-being and healing digestive organs.
- Start doing it by bringing your hands at the same level as the navel chakra with your palms facing each other.
- Make your other fingers point at each other and touch the fingertips with empty space between both palms.
- Let your right thumb the left thumb by facing them toward your stomach.
- Chant the seed mantra of the solar energy centers- RAM.
Crystals For Blocked Solar Plexus Chakra
The easiest way to open your solar plexus energy center is with gemstones like opal, pyrite, citrine, golden topaz, sunstone, honey calcite, and amber.
To best absorb the powers of the celiac plexus chakra, I suggest making an elixir or infusing it into your bathwater. You can also use any yellow stones for massage to make your body balanced and physically aware.
How To Open Your Heart Chakra?
Your heart chakra is located in the center of the chest in the fourth place on the wheel of energy. It radiates with colors green and pink when open. The meaning of the fifth chakra is love for yourself, others, and the universe.
|Foods||Kiwi, Kale, Peas, Mint, Avocado, Broccoli, Spinach, Guava, Horseradish, Lemon, and Turnip.|
|Essential Oils||Sandalwood, Rose, Geranium, Frankincense, and Ylang-Ylang.|
Yoga Poses To Activate Heart Chakra
Want to be completely relaxed? Open your blocked chakra of Anahata with yoga poses like Natarajasana or Dancer’s Pose, Cat Pose or Marjaryasana, and the Cobra Pose or Bhujangasana to open the heart.
Let’s do the Dolphin Pose.
- Bring your forearms together.
- Weave the fingers into each other while keeping your elbows apart at shoulder width.
- Curl your toes inside.
- Lift knees above the floor and until the hips.
- Lift your head to let them hang from the floor.
- Now let your shoulders move away from the floor.
Mudra To Open The Heart Chakra
Do you know the heart or hridaya mudra is called Mritsanjeevani (bringing back to life from death)? The heart energy gesture can be performed with either hand.
- Try doing it with your left hand first.
- Hold your index finger.
- Yogis say it should be done like this “left thumb underneath.”
- Now, let the index finger touch it gently.
Combine chakra meditation techniques to empower the mudra even more.
Crystals For Blocked Heart Chakra
The heart chakra is the root of physical and mental well-being, psychological qualities, and spiritual practice.
The best way to open chakras around the heart is with healing crystals. Try rose quartz, peridot, green aventurine, rhodonite, jade, amazonite, prehnite, or emerald.
How To Open Your Throat Chakra?
The fifth chakra, or the throat chakra, is the root of your voice in the seven main chakras. Hence, your self-esteem increases when the throat chakra is open.
This energy flows into the higher chakras from the lower points with an aura of light blue, cyan, and turquoise.
|Element||Ether, Sky, or Akasha|
|Foods||Blue curaçao, Coconut Water, and Blue Cheese.|
|Essential Oils||Bergamot, Lavender, Chicory, Juniper, Frankincense, Basil, Peppermint, and Cypress.|
Yoga Poses To Balance Throat Chakra
Balancing the throat chakra is crucial to improve your self-expression, hearing, and spiritual voice.
The best asanas for awakening vishuddha chakra powers with yoga are Matsyasana or Fish Pose, Ustrasana or Camel Pose, Bhujangasana or Baby Cobra Pose, and Halasana or Plow Pose.
I find the Fish Pose best for beginners and pros.
- Lay down in a flat position.
- Place your palms on the side of your thighs.
- Now push up your body so that the head and lower body remain on the ground while your bust, shoulders, and chest are raised.
- Breathe in and hold for a few.
Now, you’ve mastered the Fish Pose!
Mudra To Open The Throat Chakra
It’s good to perform the Vishuddha Mudra to eliminate fear, anxiety, and doubts.
- Start by interlocking your fingers inside the palm.
- Move your mudra close to the navel area.
- Let the tip of your thumbs touch gently.
Now, chant the throat chakra mantra HAM repeatedly.
Crystals For Blocked Throat Chakra
To find your voice by opening Vishuddha to find your inner voice, use gemstones that awaken throat energies. Lapis lazuli, aquamarine, celestite, turquoise, blue lace agate, and shattuckite can help to become spiritually and physically aware.
How To Open Your Third Eye Chakra?
Do you know the third eye chakra location in the body actually has photoreceptor cells like in our eyes? Hence, when your third eye chakra is open, it glows with an indigo color, removing the stagnant energy. The sixth chakra is renowned as the seat of self-esteem and self-expression.
|Foods||Purple Carrots, Eggplant, Sardines, Plum, and Grapes.|
|Essential Oils||Patchouli, Myrrh, Almond Flowers, Blue Lotus, and Jasmine.|
Yoga Poses To Activate Third Eye Chakra
Brow Chakra or Ajna will help awaken intuition and creativity by clearing blocked energies.
These yoga poses make you feel completely relaxed and full of focus- Padmasana or the Lotus Pose, Balasana or the Child’s Pose, and the Prasarita Padottanasana or Wide-Legged Forward Bend.
Let’s look at how to do the Child’s Pose:
- Kneel down.
- Sit on top of your knees with the buttocks on the heels.
- Next, you should slightly bend your body forward.
- Place your forehead slowly on the ground.
- Bring your arms beside the legs while facing your palms upward.
- Breathe in and out eight times.
Mudra To Open The Third Eye Chakra
To awaken the spiritual practice of self-awareness, fortune-telling, and karmic therapy, the Ajna chakra mudra of the Great Head is perfect.
- Bring your dominant hand towards the space between your brows.
- Now, curl your dominant hand’s ring finger into the palm.
- Lastly, Chant the beej mantra OM to do third eye chakra meditation.
Crystals For Blocked Third Eye Chakra
Apart from yoga and meditation, you can also tap into the very powerful energy of the brow chakra with suitable crystals. Try healing stones like azurite, moonstone, blue sapphire, tanzanite, angelite, or labradorite.
How To Open Your Crown Chakra?
The seventh chakra of the crown is located in the center of your forehead. Sometimes the purple aura chakra of the crown is described right above the head.
It means enlightenment as it connects the seven main chakras to the higher secondary chakras in the system.
|Foods||Eggplant, Sweet Potatoes, Red onion, ForbiddenRice, Purple Carrots, and Dragonfruit.|
|Essential Oils||Rosemary, Copa, Sage, Lavender, Rosewood, Gotu kola, Lotus, Chives, and Lemon.|
Yoga Poses To Balance The Crown Chakra
When the life energy from the Svadhisthana reaches the crown chakra, it brightens your memory. You can remove negative energies that lead to fatigue, disorientation, sleep problems, and mental disorders by trying yoga asanas.
I suggest trying Shirshasana (Headstand), Sasangasana (Rabbit Pose), Bitilasana (Cow Pose), or Vrikshasana (Tree Pose).
Here’s how to do the Cow Pose:
- Lay on all fours by doing the tabletop position.
- Place the root of your fingers on the mat.
- Press the fingers down on the mat.
- Inhale by pushing your pelvis forward, lifting the chest, and looking up.
- When you exhale, assume the first position.
Mudra To Open The Crown Chakra
If you want to establish a connection to the divine, crown chakra mudra is what you need.
- First, sit comfortably and stretch your back to the tallest level.
- Make your fingers join the index fingers and thumbs into a pyramid shape.
- Finally, raise the gesture over your head or center of the forehead.
- Chant the seed syllable of Crown chakra- AUM.
Now, your spiritual chakra is active and fully connected spiritually!
Crystals For Blocked Crown Chakra
To flush out toxic energies and cleanse your muddy purple aura into lilac or violet, reiki sessions, gem elixirs, and grids with crown chakra crystals help.
Use healing stones like amethyst, clear quartz, sugilite, selenite, howlite, or lepidolite for the blocked chakra of your subtle body.
Moreover, you can combine it with chakra meditation. It’ll help you discover the higher consciousness dormant in your crown energy center.
In A Nutshell: How To Open Your Chakras?
Opening chakras isn’t rocket science once you know what to do and how. I hope the article above helped you narrow down how the life force energy flows into the seven chakras to bring inner peace, health, and awareness.
You can use several ways such as yoga poses, sacred mudras, and relevant healing crystals to open your major chakras successfully. Use the techniques above and move on to chakra balancing, cleansing, or alignment next.
Alternatively, start exploring the secret history of chakras to explore your blockages.
Try working on the warning signs first if you want to do better. Read more about yoga, frequencies, and meditation for specific chakra energy centers next!
- 22 Most Popular Viking Symbols (Norse Mythology) - August 3, 2022
- Angel Number 202 Meaning: You Need Self-Belief In Your Life! - August 1, 2022
- Vegvisir Symbol (Norse Mythology and Modern Times) - July 29, 2022