Last Updated on August 14, 2023
“If you have the courage to begin, you have the courage to succeed.” – David Viscott
Inner strength is something that has always fascinated me. To me, it represents a powerful sense of resilience and perseverance that we can draw on in times of adversity.
As someone who has faced my fair share of challenges, I’ve come to appreciate just how important inner strength can be.
For me, inner strength isn’t just about being tough or strong in a physical sense. It’s more about having the mental and emotional fortitude to weather difficult times and come out stronger on the other side.
It’s about being able to draw on our own inner resources – whether that’s our faith, our values, or our support networks – to keep going when things get tough.
Of course, building inner strength isn’t something that happens overnight. It takes time, effort, and a willingness to confront our own vulnerabilities and weaknesses.
For me, one of the key ways to build inner strength is to practice self-care. This means taking time to prioritize my physical and mental health, whether that’s through exercise, meditation, or simply taking a break when I need it.
Another way I’ve built my own inner strength is by cultivating a sense of gratitude. When I focus on the things in my life that I’m grateful for – whether that’s my relationships, my career, or my health – I’m reminded of the strength and resilience I’ve shown in the past.
This can be a powerful motivator to keep pushing forward, even when things are tough.
At the end of the day, I think that inner strength is something that we all have within us, even if we don’t always recognize it.
It’s a quality that can help us to navigate life’s challenges with greater ease and resilience, and to come out the other side stronger and more capable than ever before.
So if you’re looking to build your own inner strength, why not start today? Whether it’s through self-care, gratitude, or simply reminding yourself of your own resilience, there are countless ways to cultivate this powerful quality and draw on it when you need it most.
Inner Strength Quotes For Being Strong
1. “Be strong, believe in who you are; be strong, believe in what you feel.” – Melissa Etheridge
2. “You have power over your mind – not outside events. Realize this, and you will find strength.” – Marcus Aurelius
3. “Flexibility makes buildings to be stronger, imagine what it can do to your soul.” – Carlos Barrios
4. “A woman is like a tea bag – only in hot water do you realize how strong she is.” – Nancy Reagan
5. “Maybe you have to know the darkness before you can appreciate the light.” — Madeleine L’Engle
6.“You gain strength, courage and confidence by every experience in which you really stop to look fear in the face … You must do the thing you think you cannot do.” – Eleanor Roosevelt
7.”One who gains strength by overcoming obstacles possesses the only strength which can overcome adversity.” – Albert Schweitzer
8. “Character cannot be developed in ease and quiet. Only through experience of trial and suffering can the soul be strengthened, vision cleared, ambition inspired, and success achieved.” – Helen Keller
9. “Strength does not come from physical capacity. It comes from an indomitable will.” – Mahatma Gandhi
10. “Do not pray for easy lives. Pray to be stronger.” – John F Kennedy
RELATED: 210 Inspiring Quotes To Motivate Men
11. “The most beautiful people I’ve known are those who have known trials, have known struggles, have known loss, and have found their way out of the depths.” – Elisabeth Kubler-Ross
12. “Sometimes you don’t realize your own strength until you come face to face with your greatest weakness.” – Susan Gale
13. “Life’s challenges are not supposed to paralyze you, they’re supposed to help you discover who you are.” – Bernice Johnson Reagon
14. “In the depth of winter, I finally learned that within me there lay an invincible summer.” – Albert Camus
15. “We draw our strength from the very despair in which we have been forced to live. We shall endure.” – Cesar Chavez
16. “I was always looking outside myself for strength and confidence but it comes from within. It is there all the time.” – Anna Freud
17. “I love the man that can smile in trouble, that can gather strength from distress, and grow brave by reflection.” – Thomas Paine
18. “Promise me you’ll always remember: You’re braver than you believe, and stronger than you seem, and smarter than you think.” – A. A. Milne
19. “Nothing can dim the light which shines from within.” – Maya Angelou
20. “We acquire the strength we have overcome.” – Ralph Waldo Emerson
21. “Permanence, perseverance and persistence in spite of all obstacles, discouragements, and impossibilities: It is this, that in all things distinguishes the strong soul from the weak.” – Thomas Carlyle
22. “That which does not kill us makes us stronger.” – Friedrich Nietzsche
23. “In the darkest hour the soul is replenished and given strength to continue and endure.” – Unknown
24. “Physical strength is measured by what we carry. Inner strength is measured by what we can bear.” – Anonymous
25. “If they hadn’t tried to break me down, I wouldn’t know that I’m unbreakable.” – Gabourey Sidibe
26. “Most of the important things in the world have been accomplished by people who have kept on trying when there seemed to be no hope at all.” – Dale Carnegie
27. “Strength is a capacity for endurance. One of the dividends of suffering is the universal discovery the we posses a strength within us we never knew we had. Navigating through a difficult episode not only shows us that inner strength is there but convinces us it will always be there to serve us in the future. Overcoming gives us an assurance of personal confidence and value that far exceeds what we thought we possessed before our struggles began.” – Dennis Wholey
28. “Anyone can give up; it is the easiest thing in the world to do. But to hold it together when everyone would expect you to fall apart, now that is true strength.” – Chris Bradford
29. “Go within every day and find the inner strength so that the world will not blow your candle out. ” – Katherine Dunham
30. “Courage isn’t having the strength to go on – it is going on when you don’t have strength.” – Napoleon
31. “It is worth remembering that the time of greatest gain in terms of wisdom and inner strength is often that of greatest difficulty.” – Dalai Lama
32. “Hard times build determination and inner strength. Through them we can also come to appreciate the uselessness of anger. Instead of getting angry nurture a deep caring and respect for troublemakers because by creating such trying circumstances they provide us with invaluable opportunities to practice tolerance and patience.” – Dalai Lama
33. “When you are required to exhibit strength, it comes.” – Joseph Campbell
34. “Success is not final, failure is not fatal: it is the courage to continue that counts.” – Winston Churchill
35.“The turning point in the process of growing up is when you discover the core of strength within you that survives all hurt.” – Max Lerner
36. “One small crack does not mean that you are broken, it means that you were put to the test and you didn’t fall apart.” – Linda Poindexter
37. “Strength does not come from winning. Your struggles develop your strengths. When you go through hardships and decide not to surrender, that is strength.” – Arnold Schwarzenegger
38. “When we are no longer able to change a situation, we are challenged to change ourselves.” – Viktor Frankl
39. “Do not pray for an easy life, pray for the strength to endure a difficult one.” – Bruce Lee
40. “I believe in being strong when everything seems to be going wrong. I believe that happy girls are the prettiest girls. I believe that tomorrow is another day and I believe in miracles.” – Audrey Hepburn
41. “The ultimate measure of a man is not where he stands in moments of comfort and convenience, but where he stands at times of challenge and controversy.” – Martin Luther King, Jr.
42. “The kind of beauty I want most is the hard-to-get kind that comes from within strength, courage and dignity.” – Ruby Dee
43. “The world is the great gymnasium where we come to make ourselves strong.” – Swami Vivekananda
44. “Small minds can’t comprehend big spirits. To be great, you have to be willing to be mocked, hated and misunderstood. Stay strong.” – Unknown
45. “Remember: Every champion was once a contender that refused to give up.” – Rocky Balboa
46. “If you believe it will work out, you’ll see opportunities. If you believe it won’t, you will see obstacles.” – Wayne Dyer
47. “The best way to gain self-confidence is to do what you are afraid to do.” – Unknown
48. “Above all, be the heroine of your life, not the victim.” ― Nora Ephron
49. “Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things that you didn’t do than by the ones you did do. So throw off the bowlines. Sail away from the safe harbor. Catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore. Dream. Discover.”– Mark Twain
50. “The world breaks everyone, and afterwards, some are strong at the broken places.” – Ernest Hemingway
51. “I love to see a young girl go out and grab the world by the lapels. Life’s a bitch. You’ve got to go out and kick ass.” – Maya Angelou
52. “Take chances, make mistakes. That’s how you grow. Pain nourishes your courage. You have to fail in order to practice being brave.”– Mary Tyler Moore
53. “Make up your mind that no matter what comes your way, no matter how difficult, no matter how unfair, you will do more than simply survive. You will thrive in spite of it.” – Joel Osteen
54. “Courage is looking fear right in the eye and saying, ‘Get the hell out of my way, I’ve got things to do.” – Unknown
55. “Tough times never last, but tough people do.” – Robert H. Schuller
56. “Anyone can hide. Facing up to things, working through them, that’s what makes you strong.” – Sarah Dessen
57. “Be strong, things will get better. It might be stormy now, but rain doesn’t last forever.” – Unknown
58. “And one has to understand that braveness is not the absence of fear but rather the strength to keep on going forward despite the fear.” – Paulo Coelho
59. “We are responsible for what we are, and whatever we wish ourselves to be, we have the power to make ourselves.” – Swami Vivekananda
60. “No matter how hard the battle gets, or no matter how many people don’t believe in your dream, never give up!” – Eric Thomas
61. “Be strong. You never know who you are inspiring.” – Unknown
62. “Here’s to strong women. May we know them. May we be them. May we raise them.” – Unknown
63. “Out of suffering have emerged the strongest souls; the most massive characters are seared with scars.” – Khalil Gibran
64. “The secret of change is to focus all of your energy, not on fighting the old, but on building the new.” – Socrates
65. “Whoever you are, whatever your dream, you have to be strong in your head and strong in your heart. Be strong. There’s no quitting in the person who wants it bad enough.” – Carly Patterson
67. “Faith gives you an inner strength and a sense of balance and perspective in life.” — Gregory Peck
68. “He who conquers others is strong; He who conquers himself is mighty.” – Lao Tzu
69. “As we advance in life it becomes more and more difficult, but in fighting the difficulties the inmost strength of the heart is developed.” — Vincent van Gogh
70. “You never know how strong you are until being strong is the only choice you have.” – Bob Marley
Thought Provoking Inner Strength Quotes
71. “If you’re going through hell, keep going.” – Winston Churchill
72. “If you can change your mind, you can change your life.” – William James
73. “You may not control all the events that happen to you, but you can decide not to be reduced by them.” – Maya Angelou
74. “One machine can do the work of fifty ordinary men, but no machine can do the work of one extraordinary man.” – Elbert Hubbard
75. “A hero is an ordinary individual who finds the strength to persevere and endure in spite of overwhelming obstacles.”— Christopher Reeve
76. “Worry is a total waste of time. It doesn’t change anything. All is does it steal your joy and keep you very busy doing nothing.” – Lionel Willard
77. “You have to rely on whatever sparks you have inside.” – Lisa Kleypas
78. “When we meet real tragedy in life, we can react in two ways – either by losing hope and falling into self-destructive habits or by using the challenge to find our inner strength.” — Dalai Lama
79. “Don’t say you don’t have enough time. You have exactly the same number of hours per day that were given to Helen Keller, Pasteur, Michaelangelo, Mother Teresa, Leonardo da Vinci, Thomas Jefferson, and Albert Einstein.” – H. Jackson Brown
80. “Have love for your inner Self and everything else is done for you.” – Amit Ray
81. “I do believe that when we face challenges in life that are far beyond our own power, it’s an opportunity to build on our faith, inner strength, and courage. I’ve learned that how we face challenges plays a big role in the outcome of them.” — Sasha Azevedo
82. “Perhaps I am stronger than I think.” – Thomas Merton
83. “There is strange comfort in knowing that no matter what happens today, the Sun will rise again tomorrow.” – Aaron Lauritsen
84. “We may get knocked down on the outside, but the key to living in victory is to learn how to get up on the inside.” – Joel Osteen
85. “With everything that has happened to you, you can either feel sorry for yourself or treat what has happened as a gift. Everything is either an opportunity to grow or an obstacle to keep you from growing. You get to choose.” — Wayne Dyer
86. “Nobody will believe in you unless you believe in yourself.” – Liberace
87. “Look well into thyself, there is a source of strength which will always spring up if thou wilt always look.” – Marcus Aurelius
88. “Whatever is in me is stronger than what is out there to defeat me.” — Caroline Myss
89. “The struggles we endure today will be the ‘good old days’ we laugh about tomorrow.” – Aaron Lauritsen
90. “The sun shall always rise upon a new day and there shall always be a rose garden within me. Yes, there is a part of me that is broken, but my broken soil gives way to my wild roses.” – C. JoyBell C.
91. “Beautify your inner dialogue. Beautify your inner world with love light and compassion. Life will be beautiful.” – Amit Ray
92. “If you’re willing to put yourself and your dreams on the line, at the very least you’ll discover an inner strength you may not have known existed.” — Kurt Warner
93. “You are your master. Only you have the master keys to open the inner locks.” – Amit Ray
94. “Inner Strength can break any inertia and take you out of comfort zone.” — Invajy
95. “They say everything you go through in your childhood builds character and inner strength.” — Curtis Joseph
96.“Learning is a gift. Even when pain is your teacher.” -Maya Watson
97. “You know God gives me that inner strength that super strength to get through things.” — Duane Chapman
98. “Be faithful in small things because it is in them that your strength lies.” — Mother Teresa
99. “Silence is a source of great inner strength.” — Lao Tzu
100. “Your inner strength is invulnerable to fear.” — Deepak Chopra
101. “If opportunity doesn’t knock, build a door.” – Milton Berle
102. “Nothing is more beautiful than the smile that has struggled through the tears.” — Demi Lovato
103. “Worry does not empty tomorrow of its sorrow; it empties today of its strength.” – Corrie Ten Boom
104. “Calm mind brings inner strength and self-confidence, so that’s very important for good health.” — Dalai Lama
105. “You build inner strength through embracing the totality of your experience, both the delightful parts and the difficult parts.” — Pema Chodron
106. “The only place where your dream becomes impossible is in your own thinking.” – Robert H Schuller
107. “Virtue is an inner strength. It expands your nature.” — John Bradshaw
108. “You really have to look inside yourself and find your own inner strength, and say, ‘I’m proud of what I am and who I am, and I’m just going to be myself’.” — Mariah Carey
109. “Hope is a waking dream.” – Aristotle
110. “[Y]ou have an inner strength that makes it possible for you to do things other people couldn’t even begin to think of doing.” — Terry Brooks
111. “The past has no power over the present moment.” -Eckhart Tolle
112. “There are two ways of spreading light: to be the candle, or the mirror that reflects it.” – Edith Wharton
113. “He who gains a victory over other men is strong; but he who gains a victory over himself is all powerful.” — Laozi
114. “If an ant carries an object a hundred times its weight, you can carry burdens many times your size.” – Matshona Dhliwayo
115. “What we achieve inwardly will change outer reality.” – Plutarch
RELATED: 95 Of Don Miguel Ruiz’s Best Quotes
116. “Life doesn’t get easier or more forgiving, we get stronger and more resilient.” – Steve Maraboli
117. “Everything you need is within you, the strength, courage and confidence to change your life. You just need to look within yourself and find it.” – Amanda Ray
118. “A heart full of love and compassion is the main source of inner strength, willpower, happiness, and mental tranquility.” — Dalai Lama
119. “He knows not his own strength that hath not met adversity.” – Ben Jonso
120. “Where there is no struggle, there is no strength.” – Oprah Winfrey
121. “If you haven’t the strength to impose your own terms upon life, then you must accept the terms it offers you.” – T.S. Eliot
122. “To maintain the ability to admit and grow from our mistakes rather than let them defeat us represents best the inner strength of a people.” — Haki R. Madhubuti
123. “Let me tell you the secret that has led me to my goal: my strength lies solely in my tenacity.” – Louis Pasteur
124. “Your inner strength is your outer foundation.” — Alan Rufus
125. “The sun shines not on us but in us.” – John Muir
126. “Inner strength is resilience, perseverance and tenacity. It expresses itself as assertiveness, courage, and the ability to withstand difficulties and obstacles.” – Unknown
127. “If you have the courage to begin, you have the courage to succeed.” – David Viscott
128.”Courage is not the absence of fear, but rather the judgment that something else is more important than fear.” – Ambrose Redmoon
129. “I know I have great inner strength; I always have. I can blank things out, cut people out, and I know that I can go and live in a cave on my own if necessary.” — Charlotte Rampling
130. “Turn your pain into power.” – Unknown
131. “You have to be at your strongest when you’re feeling at your weakest.” – Unknown
What Are Quotes And How Can They Help Us To Improve Our Lives?
For me, quotes are like little nuggets of wisdom that can help us to improve our lives. Whether it’s a quote from a famous figure or something a friend shared with me, I find that they have a way of cutting through the noise and reminding us of what’s truly important.
They can be a source of inspiration, motivation, and encouragement, reminding us of our own strength and potential. I’ve found that when I come across a quote that resonates with me, it can help me to shift my perspective and approach challenges in a more positive way.
Quotes can be a simple yet powerful tool that we can use to make positive changes in our lives.
What Are Positive Inner Strength Quotes And How Can They Help Us Make Positive Change In Our Lives?
Positive inner strength quotes are words of encouragement that can help us to tap into our own inner resources and make positive changes in our lives.
For me, these quotes are like little reminders of the strength and resilience that I have within me, even when things get tough.
They can be a powerful source of inspiration and motivation, helping us to keep going when we’re facing challenges or obstacles.
I’ve found that positive inner strength quotes can be especially helpful when I’m feeling down or discouraged.
They can help me to reframe negative thoughts and focus on the positive, reminding me of my own capabilities and potential.
When I come across a quote that resonates with me, I like to write it down or keep it somewhere that I can see it regularly.
This helps me to stay focused on my goals and to keep pushing forward, even when things get tough.
Overall, I think that positive inner strength quotes can be a valuable tool for anyone looking to make positive changes in their life.
Next Steps – How To Incorporate Positive Inner Strength Quotes Into Our Lives
Incorporating positive inner strength quotes into our lives can be a powerful tool for making positive changes. Here are some strategies that have worked for me:
- Find quotes that resonate with you: Take some time to search for quotes that really speak to you. This might involve reading books or searching online, but when you find a quote that resonates with you, make sure to write it down or save it somewhere that you can access it easily.
- Repeat them often: When you find a quote that really resonates with you, try repeating it to yourself often. This can be a great way to remind yourself of your own inner strength and to stay motivated and focused on your goals.
- Write them down: Writing down your favorite quotes can be a great way to keep them at the forefront of your mind. Consider putting them on sticky notes or writing them in a journal that you can refer back to when you need a boost of motivation.
- Share them with others: Sharing your favorite quotes with friends or family can be a great way to spread positivity and inspiration. You might even consider creating a quote board or sharing your favorite quotes on social media.
Overall, incorporating positive inner strength quotes into your life can be a powerful way to make positive changes and stay motivated and focused on your goals.
Frequently Asked Questions
Can positive inner strength quotes really make a difference in my life?
Yes, I believe they can. Positive inner strength quotes can be a powerful tool for shifting our mindset and reminding us of our own strength and potential.
How do I find quotes that resonate with me?
There are many different sources for quotes, including books, websites, and social media. Take some time to explore different sources and look for quotes that really speak to you.
What’s the best way to incorporate positive inner strength quotes into my life?
There are many different ways to incorporate quotes into your life, including writing them down, repeating them to yourself, and sharing them with others.
Experiment with different strategies and find what works best for you.
Can positive inner strength quotes help me during difficult times?
Yes, I think they can. When we’re facing challenges or obstacles, positive inner strength quotes can be a powerful source of motivation and inspiration.
They can help us to stay focused on our goals and remind us of our own strength and resilience.
Continue Reading???? : 129 Inspiring Quotes About Taking Chances
- Stromatolites Meanings, Healing Properties and Uses - October 7, 2023
- Green Jade Meanings, Healing Properties and Uses - October 3, 2023
- 125 Powerful Manifesting Affirmations To Achieve Your Dreams - September 21, 2023