Last Updated on August 16, 2023
“If You Can Learn To Love Yourself And All The Flaws, You Can Love Other People So Much Better. And That Makes You So Happy.” — Kristin Chenoweth
Self-love quotes are the best to include in your daily life when you are struggling with embarrassing your own self.
I used to think that loving myself was selfish or arrogant, but I’ve come to realize that it’s actually essential for living a happy and fulfilling life. To ensure your journey to self-love is long-lasting.
Self-love means accepting yourself for who you are, flaws and all, and treating yourself with the kindness and compassion that you would offer to a friend.
For me, self-love has been a journey of learning to let go of negative self-talk and embrace self-acceptance.
It’s about recognizing that I am worthy of love and respect, no matter what mistakes I may have made in the past or how imperfect I may be.
Self-love has allowed me to let go of toxic relationships and set boundaries with others, because I know that I deserve to be treated with kindness and respect.
Practicing self-love can take many forms, from taking care of your physical health to prioritizing your mental and emotional wellbeing.
For me, it means taking time each day to do something that makes me feel good, whether that’s going for a walk in nature, practicing yoga, or reading a book.
It also means being kind to myself when I make mistakes, and recognizing that failure is a natural part of the learning process.
Self-love is not always easy, especially in a world that often sends us messages that we are not good enough. It can be a daily struggle to let go of negative self-talk and embrace self-acceptance.
But I believe that it’s worth it, because when we love ourselves, we are better able to show love and compassion to others.
When we are kind to ourselves, we are more resilient and better able to handle life’s challenges.
Self-love is an essential part of living a happy and fulfilling life. It means accepting ourselves for who we are, flaws and all, and treating ourselves with the kindness and compassion that we would offer to a friend.
Practicing self-love can take many forms, but the most important thing is to prioritize your own wellbeing and recognize that you are worthy of love and respect.
I am excited to share 140 self-love quotes with you. Find one or several that resonate with you.
Self-Love Quotes To Boost Self-Esteem
- “As hard as it is, owning who you are and knowing what you want is the only sure path to affirmation… I want women to know they can get out of any situation if they return to their core source of strength: themselves.” — Ashley Graham
- “Scarcity of self-value cannot be remedied by money, recognition, affection, attention or influence.” — Gary Zukav
- “I am my own experiment. I am my own work of art.” — Madonna
- “You find peace not by rearranging the circumstances of your life, but by realizing who you are at the deepest level.” — Eckhart Tolle
- “My mother told me to be a lady. And for her, that meant be your own person, be independent.” — Ruth Bader-Ginsburg
- “This life is mine alone. So, I have stopped asking people for directions to places they’ve never been.” — Glennon Doyle
- “Beauty begins the moment you decide to be yourself.” — Coco Chanel
- “Don’t forget to tell yourself positive things daily! You must love yourself internally to glow externally.” — Hannah Bronfman
- “No one can make you feel inferior without your consent.” — Eleanor Roosevelt
- “If you have no confidence in self, you are twice defeated in the race of life.” — Marcus Garvey
- “In order to love who you are, you cannot hate the experiences that shaped you.” — Andrea Dykstra
- “Friendship with oneself is all important, because without it one cannot be friends with anyone else in the world.” — Eleanor Roosevelt
- “Never allow someone to be your priority while allowing yourself to be their option.” — Mark Twain
- “If there’s one thing I’m willing to bet on, it’s myself.” — Beyoncé
- “A person learns how to love himself through the simple acts of loving and being loved by someone else.” — Haruki Murakami
- “Self-love has very little to do with how you feel about your outer self. It’s about accepting all of yourself.” — Tyra Banks
- “Love yourself no matter who you are or where you come from.” — Diane Guerrero
- “Comparison is an act of violence against the self.” — Iyanla Vanzant
- “You yourself, as much as anybody in the entire universe, deserve your love and affection.” — Buddha
- “To love oneself is the beginning of a life-long romance.” — Oscar Wilde
- “Flowers grow back even after the harshest winters. You will, too.” — Jennae Cecelia
- “To know what that true self is without social pressure is to know your true nature.” — Martha Beck
- “Everyone of us needs to show how much we care for each other and, in the process, care for ourselves.” — Princess Diana
- “Love yourself unconditionally, just as you love those closest to you despite their faults.” — Les Brown
- “Be yourself, but always your better self.” — Karl G. Maeser
- “All you can do is be your best self. I’ve always felt that I had to be that much more aware of how I present myself. I’m representing more than just me. I think every person should think that way.” — Misty Copeland
- “Love yourself first and everything else falls into line. You really have to love yourself to get anything done in this world.” — Lucille Ball
- “You must want to spend the rest of your life with yourself first.” — Rupi Kaur
- “Be bold, be brave enough to be your true self.” — Queen Latifah
- “You’ve got to love yourself first. You’ve got to be okay on your own before you can be okay with somebody else.” — Jennifer Lopez
- “You change the world by being yourself.” — Yoko Ono
- “I was once afraid of people saying, ‘Who does she think she is?’ Now I have the courage to stand and say, ‘This is who I am.” — Oprah Winfrey
- “Make peace with your broken pieces.” — R.H Sin
- “Keep taking time for yourself until you’re you again.” — Lalah Delia
- “The things that make me different are the things that make me.” — Winnie the Pooh, A.A. Milne
- “If only you could sense how important you are to the lives of those you meet; how important you can be to people you may never even dream of. There is something of yourself that you leave at every meeting with another person.” — Fred Rogers
- “Beauty is when you can appreciate yourself. When you love yourself, that’s when you’re most beautiful.” — Zoe Kravitiz
- “To love oneself is the beginning of a lifelong romance.” — Oscar Wilde
- “You alone are enough, you have nothing to prove to anybody.” — Maya Angelou
- “Owning our story and loving ourselves through that process is the bravest thing that we’ll ever do.” — Brene Brown
- “Freeing yourself was one thing, claiming ownership of that freed self was another.” — Toni Morrison, Beloved
- “I care for myself. The more solitary, the more friendless, the more sustained I am, the more I will respect myself.” — Charlotte Bronte, Jane Eyre
- “To me, it’s that incredible sense of belonging and peace within your own self and heart that really is joy.” — Goldie Hawn
- “Inner beauty should be the most important part of improving one’s self.” — Priscilla Presley
- “If you can learn to love yourself and all the flaws, you can love other people so much better. And that makes you so happy.” — Kristin Chenoweth
Determine Self-Worth With Self-Love Quotes
- “Self care is giving the world the best you instead of what’s left of you.” — Katie Reed
- “Nobody can make you feel inferior without your consent.” — Eleanor Roosevelt
- “If you are happy, you can give happiness. If you don’t love yourself and if you are unhappy with yourself, you can’t give anything else but that.” — Gisele
- “You are enough. A thousand times enough.” — Unknown
- “You don’t have to change who you are for anyone: if you are your regular, authentic, confident self, then you can push to do whatever you want.” — Marsai Martin
- “We just need to be kinder to ourselves. If we treated ourselves the way we treated our best friend, can you imagine how much better off we would be?” — Meghan Markle
- “To establish true self-esteem, we must concentrate on our successes and forget about the failures and the negatives in our lives.” — Denis Waitley.
- “To love yourself right now, just as you are, is to give yourself heaven. Don’t wait until you die. If you wait, you die now. If you love, you live now.” — Alan Cohen
- “Your self-worth is determined by you. You don’t have to depend on someone telling you who you are.” — Beyoncé.
- “Love yourself enough to set boundaries. Your time and energy are precious. You get to choose how you use it. You teach people how to treat you by deciding what you will and won’t accept.” — Anna Taylor
- “You’re always with yourself, so you might as well enjoy the company.” — Diane Von Furstenberg
- “Even when it seems that there is no one else, always remember there’s one person who never ceased to love you – yourself.” — Sanhita Baruah.
- “Until you value yourself, you won’t value your time. Until you value your time, you will not do anything with it.” — M. Scott Peck.
- “Our self-respect tracks our choices. Every time we act in harmony with our authentic self and our heart, we earn our respect. It is that simple. Every choice matters.” — Dan Coppersmith
- “Love is the miracle cure. Loving ourselves works miracles in our lives.” — Louise Hay
- “I now see how owning our story and loving ourselves through that process is the bravest thing that we will ever do.” — Brené Brown.
- “Self-care is never a selfish act—it is simply good stewardship of the only gift I have, the gift I was put on earth to offer to others.” — Parker Palmer
- “If you celebrate your differentness, the world will, too. It believes exactly what you tell it—through the words you use to describe yourself, the actions you take to care for yourself, and the choices you make to express yourself. Tell the world you are a one-of-a-kind creation who came here to experience wonder and spread joy. Expect to be accommodated.” — Victoria Moran
- “To be yourself in a world that is constantly trying to make you something else is the greatest accomplishment.” — Ralph Waldo Emerson
- “If you have the ability to love, love yourself first.” — Charles Bukowski
- “Confront the dark parts of yourself, and work to banish them with illumination and forgiveness. Your willingness to wrestle with your demons will cause your angels to sing.” — August Wilson
- “If you don’t love yourself, nobody will. Not only that, you won’t be good at loving anyone else. Loving starts with the self.” — Wayne Dyer
- “The greatest thing in the world is to know how to belong to oneself.” — Michel de Montaigne
- “You were born to be real, not to be perfect. You are here to be you, not to live someone else’s life.” — Ralph Marston
- “When a relationship ends, the overwhelming emptiness not the other person being gone, but the lack of self-love.” — Louise Hay
- “Falling in love with yourself first doesn’t make you vain or selfish, it makes you indestructible.” — Unknown
- “To fall in love with yourself is the first secret to happiness.” — Robert Morley
- “Love yourself so much that when someone treats you wrong you recognize it.” — Rena Rose
- “Talk to yourself like you would to someone you love.” — Brené brown
- “In order to heal we must forgive. And sometimes the person we must forgive is ourselves.” — Mila Bron
- “You may be the only person left who believes in you, but it’s enough. It takes just one star to pierce a universe of darkness. Never give up.” — Richelle E. Goodrich
- “As long as you look for someone else to validate who you are by seeking their approval, you are setting yourself up for disaster. You have to be whole and complete in yourself. No one can give you that. You have to know who you are, what others say is irrelevant.” — Nic Sheff
- “It doesn’t mean that everyone will treat you the way you deserve to be treated. It means that you won’t let them change the way you see yourself; nor will you stick around for them to destroy you.” — Tony A Gaskins Jr
- “You have been criticizing yourself for years and it hasn’t worked. Try approving of yourself and see what happens.” — Louise Hay
- “You’ll be amazed at what you can attract after you start believing in what you deserve.” — Unknown
- “All that I seek is already within me.” — Louise Hay
- “It’s not your job to be everything to everyone.” — Unknown
- “One of the greatest regrets in life is being what others would want you to be, rather than being yourself.” — Shannon Alder
- “You have to be the one promoting yourself. If you don’t think that you’re worthy, you’re never going to make it.” — Misty Copeland
- “Anger, resentment and jealousy doesn’t change the heart of others–it only changes yours.” — Shannon Alder
- “I think no matter what you look like, the key is to first of all be happy with yourself. And then you know if you want to try to improve things that you don’t like about yourself, then do it after you appreciate yourself.” — Adele
- “Loving oneself is the most primal of all survival mechanisms.” — Karen Hackel
- “The real difficulty is to overcome how you think about yourself.” — Maya Angelou
- “Am I good enough? Yes I am.” — Michelle Obama
- “People who love themselves come across as very loving, generous and kind; they express their self-confidence through humility, forgiveness and inclusiveness.” — Sanaya Roman
Self-Love Quotes For Everyday Encouragement
- “You are allowed to be both a masterpiece and a work in progress simultaneously.” — Sophia Bush
- “The most painful thing is losing yourself in the process of loving someone too much, and forgetting that you are special too.” — Ernest Hemingway
- “When I accept myself just as I am, I am freed from the burden of needing you accept me.” — Steve Maraboli
- “One of the truest signs of strength is accepting one’s own weaknesses.” — Tadahiko Nagao
- “One day I woke up and realized I was not made for anyone, I was made for me. I am my own.” — Unknown
- “You won’t be happy, whatever you do, unless you’re comfortable with your own conscience.” — Lucille Ball
- “It has never been a crime to love yourself first. Neither is it a crime to love yourself more.” — Edmond Mbiaka
- “Find out who you are and be that person. That’s what your soul was put on this Earth to be. Find that truth, live that truth, and everything else will come.” — Ellen DeGeneres
- “The problem is you’re afraid of your own beauty. You’re too busy holding onto your unworthiness.” — Ram Dass
- “I love and approve of myself. I rejoice in who I am, and it’s okay to express myself. I am enough.” — Fearne Cotton
- “In a way, you’ve already won in this world because you are the only one who can be you.” — Fred Rogers
- “God made a very obvious choice when he made me voluptuous; why would I go against what he decided for me? My limbs work, so I’m not going to complain about the way my body is shaped.” — Drew Barrymore
- “You have to realize that you are everything and more just on your own.” — Jhené Aiko
- “Don’t sacrifice yourself too much, because if you sacrifice too much there’s nothing else you can give and nobody will care for you.” — Karl Lagerfeld
- “Trans is beautiful. All the things that make me uniquely and beautifully trans, my big hands, my big feet, my wide shoulders, my deep voice, are beautiful.” — Laverne Cox
- “Being comfortable in your own skin is one of the most important things to achieve. I’m still working on it!” — Kate Mara
- “You have to be odd to be number one.” — Dr. Seuss
- “It’s really easy to be self-deprecating all day long, but it’s getting a little boring!” — Laura Dern
- “I’m an actress, I live in L.A., I work in Hollywood. But I’ve learned that if you’re too skinny, they’ll say something about it. If you’re not skinny enough, they’ll say something about it. I just try to feel good in my own skin as much as I can.” — Jennifer Love Hewitt
- “With realization of one’s own potential and self-confidence in one’s own ability, one can build a better world.” — Dalai Lama
- “I’m not going to conform, and hurt myself, and do something crazy to be a size two.” — Amber Riley
- “It’s just like, damn—I’m competing with myself.” — Cardi B
- “Never settle for anything less than you want.” — PJ Harvey
- “There is nothing that you have to do to have self-esteem except agree and accept that you are worthy of your existence.” — Bruce Lee
- “I remind myself to be kind to myself, and as slightly ridiculous as it may sound, to treat myself in the same gentle way I’d want to treat a daughter of mine. It really helps.” — Emma Stone
- “You are what you believe yourself to be.” — Paulo Coelho
- “Emotionally and mentally, I would say [my beauty philosophy is] just about loving yourself and loving what you’ve been given. To really appreciate it and take care of it.” — Jennifer Aniston
- “She would start to give them less and herself more: by draining her, they created in her a new capacity for selfishness.” — Rachel Cusk
- “It doesn’t matter what size you are. It doesn’t matter if you have cellulite. It doesn’t matter if things jiggle where they’re not supposed to. That’s still beautiful.” — Ashley Graham
- “You really have to look inside yourself and find your own inner strength, and say, ‘I’m proud of what I am and who I am, and I’m just going to be myself.’” — Mariah Carey
- “Respect yourself and others will respect you.” — Confucius
- “One day, I had to sit down with myself and decide that I loved myself no matter what my body looked like and what other people thought about my body. I got tired of hating myself.” — Gabourey Sidibe
- “Without personal power/self-love, there is no foundation to build love for someone else because it’s the power needed to dissolve the ego, which is our greatest obstacle to truly loving through its brutal and unkind nature.” — Jada Pinkett Smith
- “Will I ever be done, transformed in the past tense, or will I always be transforming, better and better until I die?” — Carmen Maria Machado
- “All relationships are a reflection of your relationship with yourself.” — Deepak Chopra
- “The greatest rebellion is loving yourself in a world trying to sabotage your light.” — Nikki Rowe
- “The important thing is to realize that no matter what people’s opinions may be, they’re only just that—people’s opinions. You have to believe in your heart what you know to be true about yourself, and let that be that.” — Mary J. Blige
- “I’m not going to apologize for who I am, and I’m going to actually love the skin that I’m in. I’m not gonna be striving for some other version of myself.” — Amy Schumer
- “Being perfect is being flawed, accepting it and never letting it make you feel less than your best.” — Jessica Alba
- “I always feel confident. I never allow myself to not feel confident.” — Amber Rose
- “I think once we let our ego go, [we] just get over the fact that everybody’s not going to like us—and that’s okay! Because there will be people who do dig it. And even if they don’t, do you? You get one life. Who cares what everyone else thinks?” — Kelly Clarkson
- “Stay true to yourself. An original is worth more than a copy.” — Suzy Kassem
- “When we fulfill our function, which is to truly love ourselves and share love with others, then true happiness sets in.” — Gabrielle Bernstein
- “I think everyone should do what they feel is best for them and not what other people think they should do or try to fit themselves into a mold. It’s about listening to yourself and truly knowing what makes you happy.” — Lea Michelle
- “I was made exactly the way I was meant to be made in who I am and my personality and the way I was born.” — Meghan Rapinoe
- “I’m centered in who I am, and I’m really grateful. I’m not perfect.” — Letitia Wright
- “Why do I have to be like everyone else? Why can’t people just let other people feel good about themselves and do what they want? Wear whatever you want, people! As long as you feel good about yourself, that’s what matters. Don’t ever let anyone stifle who you are and how you express yourself.” — Ariel Winter
- “I have insecurities of course, but I don’t hang out with anyone who points them out to me.” — Adele
- “Put yourself first. Self-love is not selfish at all. It means that you’re taking care of yourself, and like my mom reinforced to me, to make sure that I was safe and that I was healthy.” — Laurie Hernandez
- “We can’t be so desperate for love that we forget where we can always find it; within.” — Alexandra Elle
What Are Quotes And How Can They Help Us To Make Positive Change?
Quotes are short phrases or statements that can offer wisdom, inspiration, or motivation. For me, quotes have been a powerful tool for improving my life. They have helped me to shift my mindset, stay motivated, and find meaning and purpose in difficult times.
Quotes can serve as a reminder of our values, beliefs, and goals, and help us to stay focused on what’s important. They can also offer a fresh perspective or a new way of thinking about a problem or challenge.
Quotes are a powerful way to tap into the collective wisdom of others and can help us to create positive change in our own lives.
What Are Self-Love Quotes And How Can Help Us Make Positive Change In Our Lives?
Self-love quotes are inspirational phrases or statements that remind us of the importance of loving and accepting ourselves.
For me, self-love quotes have been a powerful tool for creating positive change in my life. They have helped me to shift my perspective, let go of negative self-talk, and cultivate self-compassion.
Self-love quotes can serve as a daily reminder to prioritize our own well-being and treat ourselves with kindness and respect.
Reading self-love quotes regularly can help us to stay motivated and focused on our journey of self-acceptance and self-care.
They can offer inspiration and guidance on how to practice self-love in our daily lives. Self-love quotes can also help us to let go of toxic relationships and set boundaries with others, because we recognize our own worth and value.
Overall, self-love quotes can be a powerful tool for creating positive change in our lives and cultivating a sense of self-acceptance and self-love.
Next Steps – How To Incorporate Self-Love Quotes Into Our Life
Incorporating self-love quotes into our daily lives can be a powerful way to cultivate self-acceptance and self-compassion. Here are some specific strategies that have worked for me:
- Create A Self-Love Quote Board: Collect your favorite self-love quotes and create a board or collage to hang in your room or office. Seeing these quotes every day can serve as a daily reminder to practice self-love.
- Write Self-Love Affirmations: Choose a few of your favorite self-love quotes and turn them into affirmations. Write them down and repeat them to yourself daily, especially during moments of self-doubt or negative self-talk.
- Set A Self-Love Intention: At the beginning of each day, set an intention to practice self-love in a specific way. Use a self-love quote to inspire your intention, such as “Today, I will treat myself with kindness and compassion.”
- Practice Gratitude: Incorporate self-love quotes into your gratitude practice by reflecting on the things you love about yourself. Use a self-love quote as a starting point, such as “I am worthy of love and respect.”
- Share Self-Love Quotes With Others: Spread the love by sharing your favorite self-love quotes with friends and loved ones. You never know who may need to hear those words of encouragement.
Frequently Asked Questions
Here are some frequently asked questions about self-love quotes, along with my answers:
How Can Self-Love Quotes Help Me Love Myself More?
Self-love quotes can serve as a daily reminder to prioritize self-care and self-compassion.
By reading these quotes regularly, you can shift your mindset and start to believe in your own worth and value.
Are Self-Love Quotes Only For People Who Struggle With Self-Esteem?
Self-love quotes can benefit anyone, regardless of their level of self-esteem. Everyone can benefit from a daily reminder to practice self-acceptance and self-care.
Can Self-love Quotes Replace Therapy Or Professional Help?
Self-love quotes can be a helpful supplement to therapy or professional help, but they are not a replacement.
If you are struggling with mental health issues, it’s important to seek professional help.
Can Self-Love Quotes Really Make A Difference In My Life?
Yes! Self-love quotes can be a powerful tool for creating positive change in your life. By incorporating them into your daily routine, you can shift your mindset and cultivate a deeper sense of self-acceptance and self-love.
Where Can I Find Self-love Quotes?
Self-love quotes can be found online, in books, or on social media, and of course, in this article.
You can also create your own by reflecting on what self-love means to you and what messages resonate with you.
- Stromatolites Meanings, Healing Properties and Uses - October 7, 2023
- Green Jade Meanings, Healing Properties and Uses - October 3, 2023
- 125 Powerful Manifesting Affirmations To Achieve Your Dreams - September 21, 2023