Last Updated on September 19, 2023
Life is short and yet many of us become so caught up in the daily hustle and bustle of our lives that we don’t make the most of the day that is before us.
We are busy with work responsibilities, family commitments, and running a household.
We frequently feel like our schedule is packed to the brim with no time for taking it easy, let alone sitting and reflecting.
The good news is that it is possible to make changes to your life so that you can live a more fulfilling and enriched existence.
In this article you will find 340 life quotes that will help you on your quest to live life to the fullest.
Come along with me!
Life Quotes To Attract Good Vibes
To Live life to the fullest we need to have a positive mindset.
Of course, we all have times when life is difficult and challenging and no one is going to be positive all of the time, but it’s important to look at life from a positive point of view.
One of the ways we can do this is by attracting good vibes. We do this by thinking optimistically and seeing the world as ‘glass half-full’ rather than ‘glass half-empty.’
The quotes in the list that follows will help you achieve this perspective.
Take a look and start attracting those good vibes!
68 Life Quotes To Attract Good Vibes
1. “If you’re not stubborn, you’ll give up on experiments too soon. And if you’re not flexible, you’ll pound your head against the wall and you won’t see a different solution to a problem you’re trying to solve.” — Jeff Bezos
2. “Life is not a problem to be solved, but a reality to be experienced.”— Soren Kierkegaard
3. “The longer I live, the more beautiful life becomes.” — Frank Lloyd Wright
4. “Life is short it is up to you to make it sweet.” — Sarah Louise
5. “Today, you have 100% of your life left.” — Tom Landry
6. “Not how long, but how well you have lived is the main thing.” — Seneca
7. “Watch your thoughts; they become words. Watch your words; they become actions. Watch your actions; they become habits. Watch your habits; they become character. Watch your character; it becomes your destiny.”— Lao-Tze
8. “Your work is going to fill a large part of your life, and the only way to be truly satisfied is to do what you believe is great work. And the only way to do great work is to love what you do. If you haven’t found it yet, keep looking. Don’t settle. As with all matters of the heart, you’ll know when you find it.” — Steve Jobs
9. “When it is obvious that goals can’t be reached, don’t adjust the goals, but adjust the action steps.” — Confucius
10. “The whole secret of a successful life is to find out what is one’s destiny to do, and then do it.”— Henry Ford
11. “Don’t be afraid to fail. It’s not the end of the world, and in many ways, it’s the first step toward learning something and getting better at it.” — Jon Hamm
12. “In order to write about life first you must live it.”— Ernest Hemingway
13. “I like criticism. It makes you strong.” — LeBron James
14. “Life is what happens when you’re busy making other plans.” — John Lennon
15. “You must expect great things of yourself before you can do them.” —Michael Jordan
16. “Keep calm and carry on.” — Winston Churchill
17. “Too many of us are not living our dreams because we are living our fears.” — Les Brown
18. “You have to take risks. We will only understand the miracle of life fully when we allow the unexpected to happen.”— Paulo Coelho
19. “Life imposes things on you that you can’t control, but you still have the choice of how you’re going to live through this.” — Celine Dion
20. “Life is like riding a bicycle. To keep your balance, you must keep moving.” — Albert Einstein
21. “The best way to predict your future is to create it.” — Abraham Lincoln
22. “Life is what we make it, always has been, always will be.” — Grandma Moses
23. “Life is never easy. There is work to be done and obligations to be met – obligations to truth, to justice, and to liberty.” — John F. Kennedy
24. “I think it’s great to be flawed. I am hugely flawed, and I like it this way. That’s the fun of life. You fall, get up, make mistakes, learn from them, be human and be you.”— Priyanka Chopra
25. “Live in the sunshine, swim the sea, drink the wild air.” — Ralph Waldo Emerson
26. “When you cease to dream you cease to live.” — Malcolm Forbes
27. “Life is not so much what you accomplish as what you overcome.” — Robin Robert
28. “Don’t let fear interfere. It’s how you use your fear that counts. Don’t let it exhaust you -let it excite you. Change the narrative. You only get one life.” -Brittany Burgunder.
29. “Everybody wants to be famous, but nobody wants to do the work. I live by that. You grind hard so you can play hard. At the end of the day, you put all the work in, and eventually it’ll pay off. It could be in a year, it could be in 30 years. Eventually, your hard work will pay off.” — Kevin Hart
30. “Be thankful for what you have; you’ll end up having more. If you concentrate on what you don’t have, you will never, ever have enough.” — Oprah Winfrey
31. “Don’t give it five minutes if you’re not going to give it five years.” — Meghan Markle
32. “When we do the best we can, we never know what miracle is wrought in our life or the life of another.” — Helen Keller
33. “Get busy living or get busy dying.” — Stephen King
34. “Life is about making an impact, not making an income.” — Kevin Kruse
35. “Life is a succession of lessons which must be lived to be understood.” — Helen Keller
36. “Don’t limit yourself. Many people limit themselves to what they think they can do. You can go as far as your mind lets you. What you believe, remember, you can achieve.” — Mary Kay Ash
37. “Turn your wounds into wisdom.” — Oprah Winfrey
38. “Every moment is a fresh beginning.” — T.S. Eliot
39. “The big lesson in life, baby, is never be scared of anyone or anything.”— Frank Sinatra
40. “I’ve missed more than 9000 shots in my career. I’ve lost almost 300 games. 26 times I’ve been trusted to take the game winning shot and missed. I’ve failed over and over and over again in my life. And that is why I succeed.” — Michael Jordan
41. “It had long since come to my attention that people of accomplishment rarely sat back and let things happen to them. They went out and happened to things.” — Leonardo Da Vinci
42. “There may be people who have more talent than you, but there’s no excuse for anyone to work harder than you do – and I believe that.” — Derek Jeter
43. “Don’t settle for what life gives you; make life better and build something.” — Ashton Kutcher
44. “Never let the fear of striking out keep you from playing the game.”— Babe Ruth
45. “As you grow older, you will discover that you have two hands, one for helping yourself, the other for helping others.” — Audrey Hepburn
46. “I don’t believe in happy endings, but I do believe in happy travels, because ultimately, you die at a very young age, or you live long enough to watch your friends die. It’s a mean thing, life.” — George Clooney
47. “Good friends, good books, and a sleepy conscience: this is the ideal life.” — Mark Twain
48. “Let’s not allow ourselves to be upset by small things we should despise and forget. Remember ‘Life is too short to be little.”— Dale Carnegie
49. “Throughout life people will make you mad, disrespect you and treat you bad. Let God deal with the things they do, cause hate in your heart will consume you too.” — Will Smith
50. “Many of life’s failures are people who did not realize how close they were to success when they gave up.”— Thomas A. Edison
51. “The way I see it, if you want the rainbow, you gotta put up with the rain.” — Dolly Parton
52. “If I wait for someone else to validate my existence, it will mean that I’m shortchanging myself.” — Zanele Muholi
53. “When one door closes, another opens; but we often look so long and so regretfully upon the closed door that we do not see the one that has opened for us.“ — Alexander Graham Bell
54. “I decided I can’t pay a person to rewind time, so I may as well get over it.”— Serena Williams
55. “Everything negative – pressure, challenges – is all an opportunity for me to rise.” — Kobe Bryant
56. “It is our choices that show what we truly are, far more than our abilities.” — J. K. Rowling
57. “It needs to be said and heard: it’s OK to be who you are.” — Hailee Steinfeld
58. “In three words I can sum up everything I’ve learned about life: It goes on.” — Robert Frost
59. “You have brains in your head. You have feet in your shoes. You can steer yourself in any direction you choose.” — Dr. Seuss
60. “You only live once, but if you do it right, once is enough.” — Mae West
61. “Life is very interesting… in the end, some of your greatest pains, become your greatest strengths.” — Drew Barrymore
62. “We should remember that just as a positive outlook on life can promote good health, so can everyday acts of kindness.” — Hillary Clinton
63. “If you spend your whole life waiting for the storm, you’ll never enjoy the sunshine.” — Morris West
64. “A lot of people give up just before they’re about to make it. You know you never know when that next obstacle is going to be the last one.” — Chuck Norris
65. “Life is like a coin. You can spend it any way you wish, but you only spend it once.” — Lillian Dickson
66. “If life were predictable it would cease to be life, and be without flavor.” — Eleanor Roosevelt
67. “There are no mistakes, only opportunities.” — Tina Fey
68. “After all, life is too short to be anything but happy.”— Karl Marx
Short Quotes About Life
If you are trying to incorporate quotes into your routine that will help you live your life to the fullest then you may be interested in these quotes that are brief enough to be easily read and put to memory.
With our busy schedules, fitting in time to read lengthy quotes can end up being discouraging and frustrating.
You need quotes that work for your life and that means quotes that get across an inspiring and motivating idea in just a few words.
The quotes in this section do just that.
You’ll be able to read them if you have even just a few minutes on the streetcar or when you’re scarfing down your lunch.
Enjoy these little gems!
RELATED: 110 Powerful Quotes To Heal Trauma
24 Short Life Quotes About Life
69. “The way to get started is to quit talking and begin doing.” — Walt Disney
70. “If you always do what interests you, at least one person is pleased.” — Katharine Hepburn
71. “It is during our darkest moments that we must focus to see the light.” — Aristotle
72. “All our dreams can come true – if we have the courage to pursue them.” — Walt Disney
73. “Luck is the residue of design.” — John Milton
74. “Your time is limited, so don’t waste it living someone else’s life. Don’t be trapped by dogma – which is living with the results of other people’s thinking.” — Steve Jobs
75. “If you look at what you have in life, you’ll always have more. If you look at what you don’t have in life, you’ll never have enough.” — Oprah Winfrey
76. “The greatest glory in living lies not in never falling, but in rising every time we fall.” — Nelson Mandela
77. “To handle yourself, use your head; to handle others, use your heart.” — Eleanor Roosevelt
78. “To hide feelings when you are near crying is the secret of dignity. “ — Dejan Stojanovic
79. “ Neither past nor future; Life is the present moment, live it at the fullest.” — Invajy
80. “There is only one thing that makes a dream impossible to achieve: the fear of failure.” — Paulo Coelho
81. “Keep smiling, because life is a beautiful thing and there’s so much to smile about.” — Marilyn Monroe
82. “If you want to lift yourself up, lift up someone else.” — Booker T. Washington
83. “No one can make you feel inferior without your consent.” — Eleanor Roosevelt
84. “I can’t change the direction of the wind, but I can adjust my sails to always reach my destination.” — Jimmy Dean
85. “If you really want to do something you’ll find a way, if you don’t you’ll find an excuse.” — Jim Rohn
86. “The unexamined life is not worth living.” — Socrates
87. “Always be true to your friends, just as you are to yourself.” — Meg Cabot
88. “Life is really simple, but men insist on making it complicated.” — Confucius
89. “Forgive others, not because they deserve forgiveness, but because you deserve peace.” — Jonathan Lockwood Hule
90. “The biggest risk is not taking any risk…. In a world that’s changing really quickly, the only strategy that is guaranteed to fail is not taking risks.” — Mark Zuckerberg
91. “If you set your goals ridiculously high and it’s a failure, you will fail above everyone else’s success.” — James Cameron
92. “Life is not a problem to be solved, but a reality to be experienced.” — Soren Kierkegaard
Inspirational Good Life Quotes To Live By
We all want ‘the good life’ and these inspirational quotes can help you get there even when you’re struggling.
Sometimes life deals us some difficult cards. Maybe you didn’t get that promotion you were so sure about or perhaps you slipped on ice leaving your house and wound up a few hours later with a cast on your arm.
It is a fact that life is not always going to be smooth sailing. In those moments it is helpful to have quotes that lift us up and give us encouragement.
You are sure to find inspiration from these quotes to keep your chin up and carry on.
40 Inspirational Good Life Quotes To Live By
93. “Sometimes the smallest things take up the most room in our hearts” — Winnie The Pooh
94. “Life is full of beauty. Notice it. Notice the bumble bee, the small child, and the smiling faces. Smell the rain, and feel the wind. Live your life to the fullest potential, and fight for your dreams.” — Ashley Smith
95. “Happy are those who take life day by day, and complain very little, and are thankful for the little things in life.” — Unknown
96. “Sometimes the greatest thing to come out of all your hard work isn’t what you get for it, but what you become for it.” — Steve Maraboli
97. “Don’t grieve. Anything you lose comes around in another form.” — Rumi
98. “There is a great beauty in little things.” — Mehmet Murat Lldan
99. “Mistakes are proof that you’re trying.” — Unknown
100. “Don’t quit. Suffer now and live the rest of your life as a champion.” — Muhammad Ali
101. “Perfect happiness is a beautiful sunset, the giggle of a grandchild, the first snowfall. It’s the little things that make happy moments, not the grand events. Joy comes in sips, not gulps.” —Sharon Draper
102. “See the small things that nobody else notices.” — Unknown
103. “True, we love life, not because we are used to living, but because we are used to loving. There is always some madness in love, but there is also always some reason in madness.” — Petrach
104. “Though nobody can go back and make a new beginning… Anyone can start over and make a new ending.” — Chico Xavier
105. “It’s okay to be scared. But you have to get out there, open up, love, make mistakes, learn, be stronger. And start all over again.” — Unknown
106. “There is hope and a kind of beauty in there somewhere, if you look for it.” — H. R. Giger
107. “The more difficult the victory, the greater the happiness in winning.” — Pele
108. “Instead of worrying about what you cannot control, shift your energy to what you can create.” — Roy T. Bennett
109. “The best and the most beautiful things in the world cannot be seen or ever touched. They must be felt with the heart.” — Helen Keller
110. “In the sweetness of friendship let there be laughter, and sharing of pleasures. For in the dew of little things the heart finds its morning and is refreshed.” — Khalil Gibran
111. “Life is a series of thousands of tiny miracles. Notice them.” — Roald Dahl
112. “A dream is what makes people love life even when it is painful” — Theodore Zeldin
113. “Little things, make big days.” — Isabel Marant
114. “Some beautiful paths can’t be discovered without getting lost.” — Erol Ozan
115. “Be in love with your life. Every minute of it.” — Jack Kerouac
116. “Don’t miss out on something that could be great just because it could also be difficult.” — Unknown
117. “Mistakes are a part of being human. Appreciate your mistakes for what they are: precious life lessons that can only be learned the hard way.” — Al Franken
118. “Sometimes the bad things that happen in our lives put us directly on the path to the best things that will ever happen to us.” — Nicole Reed
119. “Everything has beauty, but not everyone sees it.” — Confucius
120. “Enjoy the little things, for one day you may look back and realize they were the big things.” — Robert Brault
121. “Too often we underestimate the power of a touch, a smile, a kind word, a listening ear, an honest compliment, or the smallest act of caring, all of which have the potential to turn a life around.” — Leo Buscaglia
122. “I am not someone who is ashamed of my past. I’m actually really proud. I know I made a lot of mistakes, but they, in turn, were my life lessons.” — Drew Barrymore
123. “In my life, I’ve lived, I’ve loved, I’ve lost, I’ve missed, I’ve hurt, I’ve trusted, I’ve made mistakes, but most of all, I’ve learned.” — Unknown
124. “There’s beauty everywhere. There are amazing things happening everywhere, you just have to be able to open your eyes and witness it. Some days, that’s harder than others.” — Sarah McLachlan
125. “No matter who tries to teach you lessons about life, you won’t understand it until you go through it on your own.” — Anonymous
126. “I take all of my life lessons, which some people might call ‘mistakes’, and apply them to my future so that I keep growing.” — Kimberly Caldwell
127. “Some people come in your life as blessings. Some come in your life as lessons.” — Mother Teresa
128. “Appreciate every little beautiful moment in every day of your life. Give it a try and you’ll see the world from another perspective.” — Thea Kristine May
129. “The simple things are also the most extraordinary things, and only the wise can see them.” — Paulo Coelho
130. “When you train your eyes to see the magic and miracles in the little things, you open the door for your whole life to shift.” — Carol Woodliff
131. “Let us come alive to the splendor that is all around us, and see the beauty in ordinary things.” — Thomas Merton
132. “Life is about accepting the challenges along the way, choosing to keep moving forward, and savoring the journey.” — Roy T. Bennett
Short Quotes To Savor Every Moment
Mindfulness. It’s a word we see more and more often and that’s because it is powerful.
Mindfulness is being aware of the moment, of what we are doing and saying.
Mindfulness is about being completely engaged in the activity or conversation we are having, no matter how unimportant it may seem.
When we are mindful we give importance to what we are doing. Our senses are alive to our existence in those moments.
In this way we feel more alive.
These marvelous quotes will help you to savor every moment and help you to recognize that every minute of every day of this life is precious.
26 Short Quotes To Savor Every Moment
133. “You’re only human. You live once and life is wonderful, so eat the damned red velvet cupcake.” — Emma Stone
134. “Life isn’t about waiting for the storm to pass, it’s about learning to dance in the rain.” — Vivian Greene
135. “Life is short. Be silly. Have fun. Love the people who treat you right. Forget the ones who don’t. Regret nothing.”— Karen Salmansohn.
136. “Enjoy every moment you have. Because in life, there are no rewinds, only flashbacks.” — Anmol Andore
137. “Life is short, and it is here to be lived.” — Kate Winslet
138. “Don’t be afraid to make mistakes. But if you do, make new ones. Life is too short to make the wrong choice twice.”— Joyce Rachelle
139. “Be where you are; otherwise you will miss your life.” — Buddha
140. “Life is too short to spend time with people who suck the happiness out of you.”— Unknown.
141. “The more man meditates upon good thoughts, the better will be his world and the world at large.” — Confucius
142. “Sometimes you will never know the value of a moment until it becomes a memory.” — Dr. Seuss
143. “It is impossible to live without failing at something, unless you live so cautiously, that you might as well not have lived at all – in which case you fail by default.” — Anonymous
144. “If you love life, don’t waste time, for time is what life is made up of.” — Bruce Lee
145. “Never take life seriously. Nobody gets out alive anyway.” — Anonymous
146. “Life is too short to be reading quotes about life being too short. Stop reading and go live your life!”— Kevin Ngo
147. “You have to embrace getting older. Life is precious, and when you’ve lost a lot of people, you realize each day is a gift.”— Meryl Streep
148. “I believe every human has a finite number of heartbeats. I don’t intend to waste any of mine.” — Neil Armstrong
149. “Life is way too short to continue thinking you’re not worthy or good enough. Regardless of what others have told you, you are enough and are worthy of love and belonging.”— Kevin Ngo.
150. “You only pass through this life once, you don’t come back for an encore.” — Elvis Presley
151. “Don’t waste your time in anger, regrets, worries, and grudges. Life is too short to be unhappy.”— Roy T. Bennett
152. “To live is the rarest thing in the world. Most people exist, that is all.” — Oscar Wilde
153. “Do not dwell in the past, do not dream of the future, concentrate the mind on the present moment.”— Buddha
154. “Live as if you were to die tomorrow. Learn as if you were to live forever.” — Mahatma Gandhi
155. “I guess it comes down to a simple choice, really. Get busy living or get busy dying.” — Shawshank Redemption
156. “I enjoy life when things are happening. I don’t care if it’s good things or bad things. That means you’re alive.” — Joan Rivers
157. Enjoy the little things in life, for one day you may look back and realize they were the big things.”— Robert Breault
158. “Be happy for this moment. This moment is your life.” — Omar Khayyam
Happy Life Quotes To Love The Essence Of Life
There are so many wonderful quotes in this list, I find it hard to pick only a few – so I won’t, lol.
And you don’t need to either. You might wish to focus on one or two quotes each day. Fit them in whenever you have a few moments.
They will cheer you, encourage you, and motivate you to get the best out of each moment of each day.
Here are a couple of my personal favorites:
Forgive Quickly. Kiss slowly. Love truly. Laugh uncontrollably and never regret anything that made you smile.
This quote is from the lovely Audrey Hepburn. There is so much in this short quote. It gives me lots to ponder, and always leaves me feeling renewed.
The well-known author and advocate for alternative medicine, Deepak Chopra has this advice for us:
The healthiest response to life is joy.
This quote reminds us that we have a choice when it comes to how we live our lives. I know which choice I make, how about you?
27 Happy Life Quotes To Love Essence Of Life
159. “If you want to live a happy life, tie it to a goal, not to people or things.”— Albert Einstein
160. “Once you figure out who you are and what you love about yourself, I think it all kinda falls into place.” — Jennifer Aniston
161. “Happy is the man who can make a living by his hobby.” — George Bernard Shaw
162. “The more you praise and celebrate your life, the more there is in life to celebrate.” — Oprah Winfrey
163. “Health is the greatest gift, contentment the greatest wealth, faithfulness the best relationship.” — Buddha
164. “Forgive Quickly. Kiss slowly. Love truly. Laugh uncontrollably and never regret anything that made you smile.” — Audrey Hepburn
165. “Life is a flower of which love is the honey.” — Victor Hugo
166. “If you can do what you do best and be happy, you’re further along in life than most people.” — Leonardo DiCaprio
167. “The most beautiful things in the world cannot be seen or even touched. They must be felt with the heart.” — Helen Keller
168. “The secret of happiness, you see is not found in seeking more, but in developing the capacity to enjoy less.”— Socrates
169. “The healthiest response to life is joy.” — Deepak Chopra
170. “It’s never too late – never too late to start over, never too late to be happy.” — Jane Fonda
171. “It’s not what we have in life but who we have in our life that matters.” — Margaret Laurence
172. “I have found that if you love life, life will love you back.” — Arthur Rubinstein
173. “The greatest pleasure of life is love.” — Euripides
174. “Sing like no one’s listening, love like you’ve never been hurt, dance like nobody’s watching, and live like it’s heaven on earth.” — Unknown
175. “Happiness is like a butterfly; the more you chase it, the more it will elude you, but if you turn your attention to other things, it will come and sit softly on your shoulder.” — Henry David Thoreau
176. “The purpose of our lives is to be happy.” — Dalai Lama
177. “There’s more to life than basketball. The most important thing is your family and taking care of each other and loving each other no matter what.” – Stephen Curry
178. “Nothing is more honorable than a grateful heart.” — Seneca
179. “I have learned to seek my happiness by limiting my desires, rather than in attempting to satisfy them.” — John Stuart Mill
180. “Love yourself first and everything else falls into line.” — Lucile Ball
181. “Happiness is the feeling that power increases — that resistance is being overcome.” — Friedrich Nietzsche
182. “When I was 5 years old, my mother always told me that happiness was the key to life. When I went to school, they asked me what I wanted to be when I grew up. I wrote down ‘happy’. They told me I didn’t understand the assignment, and I told them they didn’t understand life.” — John Lennon
183. “The greatest blessings of mankind are within us and within our reach. A wise man is content with his lot, whatever it may be, without wishing for what he has not.”— Seneca
184. “The best portion of a good man’s life is his little nameless, unencumbered acts of kindness and of love.” — Wordsworth
185. “The best thing to hold onto in life is each other.” — Audrey Hepburn
Positive And Motivational Life Quotes
Whether you’re looking for a confidence boost or some humor, a word of encouragement or some true wisdom about life this list of positive and motivational life quotes has it.
Many of these quotes help me to put things into perspective. Like this one from Roy Mustang:
The world isn’t perfect. But it’s there for us, doing the best it can… that’s what makes it so damn beautiful.
There are also quotes that are really hilarious. One of my favorites is:
If you’re too open-minded; your brains will fall out. — Lawrence Ferlinghetti
And we can always count on Ellen DeGeneres for some laughter. Her advice is:
Accept who you are. Unless you’re a serial killer.
Check these great quotes out for yourself. You’ll be glad you did!
29 Positive & Motivational Life Quotes
186. “Curiosity about life in all of its aspects, I think, is still the secret of great creative people.” — Leo Burnett
187. “Whether you win or lose, looking back and learning from your experience is a part of life.” — All Might
188. “Behind every great man is a woman rolling her eyes.” — Jim Carey
189. “The world isn’t perfect. But it’s there for us, doing the best it can… that’s what makes it so damn beautiful.” — Roy Mustang (Full Metal Alchemist)
190. “Accept who you are. Unless you’re a serial killer.” — Ellen DeGeneres
191. “Happiness is when what you think, what you say, and what you do are in harmony.” — Mahatma Gandhi
192. “The secret of staying young is to live honestly, eat slowly, and lie about your age.” — Lucille Ball
193. “Let no one ever come to you without leaving better and happier.” — Mother Teresa
194. “If you’re too open-minded; your brains will fall out.” — Lawrence Ferlinghetti
195. “My mother always used to say: The older you get, the better you get, unless you’re a banana.” — Rose (Betty White), The Golden Girls
196. “Count your age by friends, not years. Count your life by smiles, not tears.” — John Lennon
197. “Every moment of life is precious and can never happen again and therefore is a reason to appreciate, be grateful for and celebrate the fact that you are alive.” — Zelig Pliskin
198. “Never miss a good chance to shut up.” — Will Rogers
199. “Don’t cry because it’s over, smile because it happened.” — Dr. Seuss
200. “Do not take life too seriously. You will never get out of it alive.” — Elbert Hubbard
201. “Life is a first impression. You get one shot at it. Make it everlasting.” — J.R.Rim
202. “Live for each second without hesitation.” — Elton John
203. “Life is like a pencil that will surely run out, but will leave the beautiful writing of life.” — Nami
204. “Success is getting what you want, happiness is wanting what you get.” — W.P. Kinsella
205. “I walk around like everything’s fine, but deep down, inside my shoe, my sock is sliding off.” — Anonymous
206. “Life is too short for long term grudges.” — Elon Musk
207. “Always find opportunities to make someone smile, and to offer random acts of kindness in everyday life.” — Roy T. Bennett
208. “No one can decide what someone else should do with their life.” — Makarov Dreyar
209. “Life that has been lost cannot be brought back again. That very truth is what shows us the meaning and value of living.” — Roy Mustang
210. “I don’t wanna live a thousand years. If I just live through today, that’ll be enough.” — Ace Portgas D
211. “Sometimes good people make bad choices. It doesn’t mean they are bad people. It means they’re human.” — Kishou Arima
212. “Life is short. Stop worrying so much. Have fun. Be grateful. Be yourself. Don’t allow others to bring you down. Life is a one time offer. Life to your fullest. ” — Karen Salmansohn
213. “Things in this world usually turn out okay. There’s no point in worrying about the future.” — Azazel
214. “The happiness of your life depends on the quality of your thoughts.” — Marcus Aurelius
Wise Quotes To Live By
We can all use a little wisdom, am I right?
In the list that follows there are twenty-two nuggets of wisdom on various aspects of life.
These quotes have so much within each one. Like this one by Maya Angelou:
My mission in life is not merely to survive, but to thrive; and to do so with some passion, some compassion, some humor, and some style.
In one sentence, this famous American poet so perfectly sums up a marvelous way to approach life.
There are many other gems here that you will definitely want to pour over. Go for it and get wise!
23 Wise Quotes To Live By
215. All life is an experiment. The more experiments you make the better. — Ralph Waldo Emerson
216. What we think determines what happens to us, so if we want to change our lives, we need to stretch our minds. — Wayne Dyer
217. Life is ten percent what happens to you and ninety percent how you respond to it. — Lou Holtz
218. The greatest day in your life and mine is when we take total responsibility for our attitudes. That’s the day we truly grow up. — John C. Maxwell
219. Change is the law of life. And those who look only to the past or present are certain to miss the future. — John F. Kennedy
220. The only disability in life is a bad attitude. — Scott Hamilton
221. Our prime purpose in this life is to help others. And if you can’t help them, at least don’t hurt them. — Dalai Lama
222. There is no passion to be found playing small–in settling for a life that is less than the one you are capable of living. — Nelson Mandela
223. There are three constants in life…change, choice and principles. — Stephen Covey
224. There is more to life than increasing its speed. — Mahatma Gandhi
225. Life’s most persistent and urgent question is, ‘What are you doing for others? — Martin Luther King, Jr.
226. We make a living by what we get, but we make a life by what we give. — Winston Churchill
227. Only a life lived for others is a life worthwhile. — Albert Einstein
228. Once you say you’re going to settle for second, that’s what happens to you in life. — John F. Kennedy
229. Life isn’t about finding yourself. Life is about creating yourself. — George Bernard Shaw
230. My mission in life is not merely to survive, but to thrive; and to do so with some passion, some compassion, some humor, and some style. — Maya Angelou
231. Life is not a problem to be solved, but a reality to be experienced. — Soren Kierkegaard
232. God gave us the gift of life; it is up to us to give ourselves the gift of living well. — Voltaire
233. If you don’t design your own life plan, chances are you’ll fall into someone else’s plan. And guess what they have planned for you? Not much. — Jim Rohn
234. Life is really simple, but we insist on making it complicated. — Confucius
235. When life is too easy for us, we must beware or we may not be ready to meet the blows which sooner or later come to everyone, rich or poor. — Eleanor Roosevelt
236. Too often we underestimate the power of a touch, a smile, a kind word, a listening ear, an honest compliment, or the smallest act of caring, all of which have the potential to turn a life around. — Leo Buscaglia
237. Believe that life is worth living and your belief will help create the fact. — William James
Short Quotes To Remember
Short quotes are so great! They give us marvelous advice and knowledge about life from lessons learned.
Due to the fact that they are short in length, they are easy to commit to memory, put on a post-it note, or write on a bookmark.
These fantastic short quotes deserve long reflection.
67 Short Quotes To Remember
238. “If you tell the truth you don’t have to remember anything.” – Mark Twain
239. Simplicity is the ultimate sophistication. – Leonardo da Vinci
240. “Normality is a paved road: it’s comfortable to walk but no flowers grow.” – Vincent van Gogh
241. “Happiness depends upon ourselves.” – Aristotle
242. “We all live with the objective of being happy; our lives are all different and yet the same.” – Anne Frank
243. “Whatever you do, do it well”. – Walt Disney
244. “It always seems impossible until it’s done.” – Nelson Mandela
245. “Every day is a good day. There is something to learn, care and celebrate.” – Amit Ray
246. “I don’t need it to be easy, I need it to be worth it.” – Lil Wayne
247. “The real difficulty is to overcome how you think about yourself.” – Maya Angelou
248. “If you can’t do great things, do small things in a great way.” – Napoleon Hill
249. “To live will be an awfully big adventure.” – Peter Pan
250. “The first step in crafting the life you want is to get rid of everything you don’t.” — Joshua Becker
251. “Things work out best for those who make the best of how things work out.” – John Wooden
252. “Growth begins when we start to accept our own weakness.” – Jean Vanier
253. “There is no substitute for hard work.” – Thomas Edison
254. “Lead from the heart, not the head.” – Princess Diana
255. “The biggest asset in the world is your mindset.” – Gary Vaynerchuk
256. “Since you get more joy out of giving joy to others, you should put a good deal of thought into the happiness that you are able to give.” – Eleanor Roosevelt
257. “Either you run the day or the day runs you.” – Jim Rohn
258. “A simple life gives birth to more clarity, inner peace and meaningful relationships.” – Margo Vader
259. “The time is always right to do what is right” – Martin Luther King Jr.
260. “The successful warrior is the average man, with laser-like focus.” – Bruce Lee
261. “Happiness consists not in having much, but in being content with little.” – Marguerite Gardiner
262. “There came a time when the risk to remain tight in the bud was more painful than the risk it took to blossom.” – Anaïs Nin
263. “Everything you can imagine is real.” – Pablo Picasso
264. “Live as if you were to die tomorrow” – Mahatma Gandhi
265. “Let the beauty of what you love be what you do.” – Rumi
266. “The simplest things are often the truest.” – Richard Bach
267. “I live a beautiful life with fewer things—simple, yet full.” – Laurie Buchanan, PhD
268. “Dream as if you’ll live forever, live as if you’ll die today.” – James Dean
269. “The best way to appreciate your job is to imagine yourself without one.” – Oscar Wilde
270. “If you don’t like the road you’re walking, start paving another one”. – Dolly Parton.
271. “Our truest life is when we are in dreams awake.” – Henry David Thoreau
272. Never regret anything you have done with a sincere affection; nothing is lost that is born of the heart. – Basil Rathbone
273. “It is never too late to be what you might have been.” – George Eliot
274. “Whether you think you can, or you think you can’t – you’re right.” – Henry Ford
275. “The great thing in this world is not so much where we are, but in what direction we are going.” – Oliver Wendall Holmes Jr.
276. “Learning is a weightless treasure you can always carry easily.” – Chinese Proverb
277. “Because you are alive, everything is possible.” – Thich Nhat Hanh
278. “Folks are usually about as happy as they make their minds up to be.” – Abraham Lincoln
279. “To succeed in life, you need three things: a wishbone, a backbone, and a funny bone.” – Reba McEntire
280. “Learn to live with less so that you appreciate more.” – James Ryan
281. “A happy soul is the best shield for a cruel world.” – Atticus
282. “A warm smile is the universal language of kindness.” – William Arthur Ward
283. “Be so good they can’t ignore you.” – Steve Martin
284. “Happiness is nothing more than good health and a bad memory.” – Albert Schweitzer
285. “Tomorrow is now.” – Eleanor Roosevelt
286. “The life of wisdom must be a life of contemplation combined with action.” – Scott Peck
287. “Stay hungry, stay foolish.” – Steve Jobs
288. “It hurt because it mattered.” – John Green
289. “Change the world by being yourself.” – Amy Poehler
290. “If I’m gonna tell a real story, I’m gonna start with my name.” – Kendrick Lamar
291. “Success is going from failure to failure without losing enthusiasm.” – Winston Churchill
292. “Laugh as much as you breathe and love as long as you live.” – Johnny Depp
293. “Life isn’t about finding yourself. Life is about creating yourself.” – George Bernard Shaw
294. “Happiness is not something ready-made. It comes from your own actions.” – Dalai Lama
295. “Oh, the things you can find, if you don’t stay behind.” – Dr. Seuss
296. “I have never been hurt by what I have not said.” – Calvin Coolidge
297. “Decisions without actions are worthless.” – W. Clement Stone
298. What will you do with your one wild and precious life? — Mary Oliver
299. “May the clouds in your life be only a background for a lovely sunset.” – Irish Saying
300. The best things in life aren’t things. — Art Buchwald
301. “Live a simple life; you will own the most beautiful treasures of the world!” – Mehmet Murat Ildan
302. “I have nothing to lose but something to gain.” – Eminem
303. “Never let your emotions overpower your intelligence.” – Drake
304. “Turn your wounds into wisdom.” – Oprah Winfrey
Meaningful Quotes on Life
Some of the best life quotes are here for your enjoyment.
They are perfect if you need a jolt of encouragement, if you need a reason to smile, or if you need to get grounded in some solid life advice.
36 Meaningful Quotes On Life
305. “If you live long enough, you’ll make mistakes. But if you learn from them, you’ll be a better person.” – Bill Clinton
306. “Life is 10 percent what you make it, and 90 percent how you take it.” – Irving Berlin
307. “It is not length of life, but depth of life.” – Ralph Waldo Emerson
308. “Life is not a problem to be solved, but a reality to be experienced.” – Soren Kierkegaard
309. “Since we cannot change reality, let us change the eyes which see reality.” – Nikos Kazantzakis
310. “If life were predictable it would cease to be life and be without flavor.” – Eleanor Roosevelt
311. “You’re only here for a short visit. Don’t hurry, don’t worry. And be sure to smell the flowers along the way.” – Walter Hagen
312. “Every moment is a fresh beginning.” – T.S. Eliot
313. “We all die. The goal isn’t to live forever, the goal is to create something that will.” – Chuck Palahniuk
314. “Never take life seriously. Nobody gets out alive anyway.” – Anonymous
315. “You only live once, but if you do it right, once is enough.” – Mae West
316. “Life is a series of natural and spontaneous changes. Don’t resist them; that only creates sorrow. Let reality be reality. Let things flow naturally forward in whatever way they like.” – Lao Tzu
317. “I have found that if you love life, life will love you back.” – Arthur Rubinstein
318. “Don’t judge each day by the harvest you reap but by the seeds that you plant.” – Robert Louis Stevenson
319. “You can’t just wish change; you have to live the change in order for it to become a reality.” – Steve Maraboli
320. “You don’t get explanations in real life. You just get moments that are absolutely, utterly, inexplicably odd.” – Neil Gaiman
321. “You couldn’t hide from bad things and pretend they didn’t exist, that left you with a dream world, and dream worlds eventually crumble. You had to face the truth. And then decide what you wanted.” – Sarah Cross
322. “To live is the rarest thing in the world. Most people exist, that is all.” – Oscar Wilde
323. “The best portion of a good man’s life is his little nameless, unencumbered acts of kindness and of love.” – Wordsworth
324. “I believe we are here on the planet Earth to live, grow up and do what we can to make this world a better place for all people to enjoy freedom.” – Rosa Parks
325. “If you want to live a happy life, tie it to a goal, not to people or things.” – Albert Einstein
326. “Life is like riding a bicycle. To keep your balance, you must keep moving.” – Albert Einstein
327. “We can know only that we know nothing. And that is the highest degree of human wisdom.” – Leo Tolstoy
328. “Your life’s work determines your legacy and the impact that you have on the world.” – Germany Kent
329. “Life isn’t about finding yourself. Life is about creating yourself.” – George Bernard Shaw
330. “Open your eyes, look within. Are you satisfied with the life you are living?” – Bob Marley
331. “You create your own reality.” – Jane Roberts
332. “There were two ways to be happy: improve your reality, or lower your expectations.” – Jodi Picoult
333. “We can’t plan life. All we can do is be available for it.” – Lauryn Hill
334. “Never let hard lessons harden your heart; the hard lessons of life are meant to make you better, not bitter.” – Roy T. Bennett
335. “Love and compassion are necessities, not luxuries. Without them, humanity cannot survive.” – Dalai Lama XIV
336. “You have brains in your head. You have feet in your shoes. You can steer yourself any direction you choose.” – Dr. Seuss
337. “The two most important days in your life are the day you are born and the day you find out why.” – Mark Twain
338. “Life is a succession of lessons which must be lived to be understood.” – Ralph Waldo Emerson
339. “Life is about making an impact, not making an income.” – Kevin Kruse
340. “If you don’t like the road you’re walking, start paving another one.” – Dolly Parton
Frequently Asked Questions
How Can I Use Life Quotes In My Daily Life?
You can use life quotes as daily affirmations, reminders, or sources of inspiration. They can be incorporated into your personal journaling, shared with friends and family, or used to motivate yourself and others.
Are There Different Types Of Life Quotes?
Yes, life quotes come in various types, including motivational quotes, inspirational quotes, philosophical quotes, and humorous quotes. The type you choose depends on the message you want to convey or the mood you want to set.
Can I Use Life Quotes For Social Media Posts And Captions?
Absolutely! Life quotes are widely used on social media to complement posts, add depth to captions, or simply share wisdom with your followers. They can enhance the impact of your content and resonate with your audience.
- Stromatolites Meanings, Healing Properties and Uses - October 7, 2023
- Green Jade Meanings, Healing Properties and Uses - October 3, 2023
- 125 Powerful Manifesting Affirmations To Achieve Your Dreams - September 21, 2023