Last Updated on August 16, 2023
As I sit here at my desk, staring out the window on a bright and sunny day, I can’t help but be reminded of the power and beauty of light.
It’s incredible how something as simple as a beam of light can have such a profound impact on our mood, our thoughts, and our overall perspective on the world.
Perhaps that’s why throughout history, great thinkers, artists, and writers have been so captivated by the concept of light.
From religious texts to scientific discoveries, from poetry to prose, the power and significance of light is a common thread that runs through so many different aspects of human experience.
And that’s what brings us here today, to explore some of the most profound and inspiring quotes about light.
These words of wisdom, spoken by some of the most brilliant minds in history, have the power to shine a light on our own lives and inspire us to see the world in a whole new way.
As I delved deeper into the world of light quotes, I was struck by just how many different ways there are to think about and describe this fundamental force.
Some quotes focus on the physical properties of light, describing its color, brightness, and the way it moves through space.
Others explore the metaphorical and symbolic meanings of light, examining its connection to hope, knowledge, and enlightenment.
But no matter what angle these quotes take, they all share one thing in common: a sense of wonder and reverence for the power of light.
Whether it’s a poet waxing lyrical about the sun’s rays, a scientist describing the properties of light waves, or a spiritual leader using light as a metaphor for enlightenment, these quotes all remind us of the incredible power of this simple yet profound force.
So join me on a journey through some of the most beautiful and inspiring light quotes, and let’s bask in the glow of their wisdom together.
Whether you’re seeking inspiration, knowledge, or simply a moment of reflection, these words are sure to shine a light on your path and illuminate your journey.
Inspirational Light Quotes
1. “Walk while ye have the light, lest darkness come upon you.” ― John Ruskin
2. “The dark and the light, they exist side by side. Sometimes overlapping, one explaining the other. The darkened path is as illuminated as the lightened… “ – Raven Davies
3. “Maybe you have to know the darkness before you can appreciate the light.” Madeline L’Engle
4. “If you are the light, you cast away the darkness.” – ManHee Lee
5. “My first memory is of light — the brightness of light — light all around.” ― Georgia O’Keeffe
6. “No truth, no light.”― Suzy Kassem
7. “Turn on the light within, expand your horizons and reach your full potential.” ― Amit Ray
8. “An empty lantern provides no light. Self-care is the fuel that allows your light to shine brightly.” Anonymous
9. “Pointing to another world will never stop vice among us; shedding light over this world can alone help us.” ― Walt Whitman
10. “Either all lights are turned off or one inner light is missing.” ― Dejan Stojanovic
11. “However vast the darkness, we must supply our own light.” – Stanley Kubrick
12. “Let light shine out of darkness.” Anonymous
13. “There is no darkness so dense, so menacing, or so difficult that it cannot be overcome by light.” – Vern P. Stanfill
14. “Light refused increases darkness.” – Adrian Rogers
15. “Being the light of the world is about being a broken, exploding, scarred star and shining a light of hope and inspiration to everyone around you.” ― Ricky Maye
16. “Most of us are imprisoned by something. We’re living in darkness until something flips on the switch.” ― Wynonna Judd
17. “The candles on your cake remind me of the encouraging light you shine on all those around you.” – Catherine Pulsifer
18. “You have to find what sparks a light in you so that you in your own way can illuminate the world.” Oprah Winfrey
19. “Give light, and the darkness will disappear of itself.” – Desiderius Erasmus
20. “See the light in others, and treat them as if that is all you see.” Wayne Dyer
21. “It is better to light one small candle than to curse the darkness.” – Eleanor Roosevelt
22. “There is light in the world, and it is us!” ― Eliezer Yudkowsky
23. “Light up the darkness.” Bob Marley
24. “You can’t have a light without a dark to stick it in.” ― Arlo Guthrie
25. “The brightest light casts the darkest shadow.” ― Jess C. Scott
26. “Nothing can dim the light that shines from within.” – Maya Angelou
27. “At the darkest moment comes the light.” – Joseph Campbell
28. “Listen to the inner light; it will guide you. Listen to the inner peace; it will feed you. Listen to the inner love; it will transform you.” – Sri Chinmoy
29. “He has those kind eyes that shone with the light of everything will be ok.” Atticus
30. “Give light and people will find the way.” – Ella Baker
31. “If we only look within, we will see the Light as if we were seeing our own image in a mirror.”― Sri S. Satchidananda
32. “Light is the shadow of God.” – Thomas Browne
33. “You may think your light is small, but it can make a huge difference in other people’s lives.” Anonymous
34. “After darkness comes the light.” Cornelius Nepos
35. “Moonlight drowns out all but the brightest stars.” ― J. R. R. Tolkien
36. “The artist vocation is to send light into the human heart.” – George Sand
37. “In Light there is Dark, and in Dark there is Light.” ― Kami Garcia
38. “Beauty is a light in the heart.” Khalil Gibran
39. “Illuminate the wonderful light within you.” ― Lailah Gifty Akita
40. “There are two ways of spreading light; to be the candle or the mirror that reflects it.” – Edith Wharton
41. “You don’t find light by avoiding the darkness.” ― S. Kelley Harrell
42. “There are darknesses in life and there are lights, and you are one of the lights, the light of all lights.” ― Bram Stoker
43. “Happiness is attained, not through self-interest, but through unconditional fidelity in endless love of eternal light.” ― Aaron Cohen
44. “Know that when you live joyfully, you radiate your light into the world.” – Jonathan Lockwood Huie
45. “He whose face gives no light, shall never become a star.” – William Blake
46. “May the sun come, it’s a new day; In the pure land of fantasy; That our darkness enlightened.”― Miguel Torga
47. “The moon will guide you through the night with her brightness, but she will always dwell in the darkness, in order to be seen.” ― Shannon L. Alder
48. “Light must come from inside. You cannot ask the darkness to leave; you must turn on the light.” – Sogyal Rinpoche
49. “I was made to rule the darkness.” -Rae Hachton
50. “Light tomorrow with today!” – Elizabeth Barrett Browning
51. “We’ve all got both light and dark inside us. What matters is the part we choose to act on. That’s who we really are.” – J. K. ROWLING
52. “Moons and years pass by and are gone forever, but a beautiful moment shimmers through life a ray of light.” – Franz Grillparzer
53. “If you can walk on the light, you get endless paths to go anywhere in the universe!”― Mehmet Murat ildan
54. “Life throws challenges and every challenge comes with rainbows and light to conquer it.”- Amit Ray
55. “I warn you, the trip will not be easy. Once you choose to walk in the light, your path will lead you places you do not want to go.” ― Dave Wolverton
56. “His high endeavors are an inward light That makes the path before him always bright.” ― William Wordsworth
57. “Darkness cannot drive out darkness: only light can do that. Hate cannot drive out hate: only love can do that.” ― Martin Luther King Jr.
58. “The sun does not abandon the moon to darkness.” Brian A. McBride
59. “Beauty is not in the face; beauty is a light in the heart.” – Kahlil Gibran
60. “Even though it’s dark and cold there is always a shade of light.” ― Angela Bernabe
61 “Just as the light of spring brings new growth, the light of consciousness brings new life to our body minds.” – Kathleen Wiley
62. “Light is colder when there are parts of it missing.”― Olli Jalonen
63. “Surrounded by darkness yet enfolded in light.”- Alan Brennert
64. “Even the sun directs our gaze away from itself and to the life illumined by it.” — Eberhard Arnold
65. “We have to be light, even if there is only darkness around.” – Unknown
66. “Foster and polish the warrior spirit while serving in the world; illuminate the path according to your inner light.” -Morihei Ueshiba
67. “If light is in your heart, you will find your way home.” — Rumi
68. “Instead of fighting the darkness, you bring in the light.” — Eckhart Tolle
69. “Give light, and the darkness will disappear of itself.” — Desiderius Erasmus
70. “Beauty is not in the face; Beauty is a light in the something you do daily.” -Mike Murdock
71. “Moonlight drowns out all but the brightest stars.” ― R.R. Tolkien, The Lord of the Rings
72. “Every little candle is a great knight fighting against the darkness! Every time you feel yourself tiny, remember these brave candles!” — Mehmet Murat Ildan
73. “There is a crack in everything. That’s how the light gets in.” — Leonard Cohen
74. “Within you is the light of a thousand suns.” — Robert Adams
75. “The rays of happiness, like those of light, are colorless when unbroken.” — Henry W. Longfellow
76. “There isn’t enough darkness in all the world to snuff out the light of one little candle.” — Robert Alden
77. “Daylight follows a dark night.”- Proverb
78. “You may think your light is small, but it can make a huge difference in other people’s lives.” — Unknown
79. “Travel light, live light, spread the light, be the light.” — Yogi Bhajan
80. “Those who fear the darkness have no idea what the light can do.” — Katasai Rakshasa
81. “Blessed are those who have known meditation. Only those few people are the blessed people; others are simply groping in darkness. Meditation gives you an inner light, and then wherever you are there is light and whatsoever you do, you do in full light and clarity. Hence there is never any guilt, no repentance, no looking back. Whatsoever one does, one feels that`s the only thing that can be done. It is always right.” -Rajneesh
82. “Turn your face to the sun and the shadows fall behind you.” — Maori Proverb
83. “To love beauty is to see light.” — Victor Hugo
84. “It’s not necessary to blow out your neighbor’s light to let your own shine.” — M.R. Dehaan
85. “It is during our darkest moments that we must focus to see the light.” — Aristotle
86. “When you possess light within, you see it externally.” — Anais Nin
87. “In order for the light to shine so brightly, the darkness must be present.” — Sir Francis Bacon
88. “There is no amount of darkness that can extinguish the inner light. The important thing is not to spend our lives trying to control the environment around us. The task is to control the environment within us.” – Joan D. Chittister
89. “Shine your own light. Follow your own path.” — Unknown
90. “If you want light to come into your life, you need to stand where it is shining.” — Guy Finley
91. “A candle loses nothing when it lights another candle.” — Thomas Jefferson
92. “Healing is not necessarily about curing. As your inner light grows – anything is possible.” -Alberto Villoldo
93. “We are indeed the light of the world—but only if our switch is turned on.” — John Hagee
94. “Light attracts light.” — Warsan Shire
Best Quotes About Darkness and Light
95. “In the light we read the inventions of others in the darkness we invent our own stories.” – Alberto Manguel
96. “Light is the symbol of truth.” – James Russell Lowell
97. “As we let our light shine, we unconsciously give other people permission to do the same. As we are liberated from our own fear, our presence actually liberates others.” – Marianne Williamson
98. “An age is called “dark,” not because the light fails to shine but because people refuse to see it.” – James Michener
99. “When you light a candle, you also cast a shadow.” -Ursula K. Le Guin
100. “Thousands of candles can be lighted from a single candle. Happiness never decreases by being shared.” -Buddha
101. “Every human being is a mixture of light and darkness, trust and fear, love and hate.”- Jean Vanier
102. “Deep into that darkness peering long, stood there wondering fearing doubting.” – Edgar Allan Poe
103. “As we work to create light for others, we naturally light our own way.” – Mary Anne Radmacher
104. “I think we all have light and dark inside us.” – Sean Penn
105. “To see a candle’s light one must take it into a dark place.” – Ursula K. Le Guin
106. “We cannot hold a torch to light another’s path without brightening our own.” – Ben Sweetland
107. “There is no denying that there is evil in this world but the light will always conquer the darkness.” -Idowu Koyenikan
108. “Knowing your own darkness is the best method for dealing with the darknesses of other people.” – Carl Jung
109. “But my darling, there’s no such thing as the light at the end of the tunnel, you must realize that you are the light.” – Anonymous
110. “In the midst of darkness, light persists.” -Mahatma Gandhi
111. “The sun does not shine for a few trees and flowers, but for the wide world’s joy.” – Henry Ward Beecher
112. “In the right light, at the right time, everything is extraordinary.” – Aaron Rose
113. “Is there anything more loyal than the sun?” – Mary Oliver
114. “Every moment of light and dark is a miracle.” – Walt Whitman
115. “All the darkness in the world cannot extinguish the light of a single candle.” – Francis of Assisi
116. “We are told to let our light shine, and if it does, we won’t need to tell anybody it does. Lighthouses don’t fire cannons to call attention to their shining – they just shine.” -Dwight L. Moody
117. “Sunshine is a welcome thing. It brings a lot of brightness.” -Jimmie Davis
118. “The rays of happiness, like those of light, are colorless when unbroken.” – Henry Wadsworth Longfellow
119. “No degree of worldly darkness can extinguish the glow of a soul’s inner light. “ – Wes Fesler
120. “All shadows of clouds the sun cannot hide like the moon cannot stop oceanic tide; but a hidden star can still be smiling at night’s black spell on darkness.”- Munia Khan
121. “At times our own light goes out and is rekindled by a spark from another person. Each of us has cause to think with deep gratitude of those who have lighted the flame within us.” – Albert Schweitzer
122. “Why not dare yourself to become a shining positive light where darkness is the only thing known?” -Edmond Mbiaka
123. “We can easily forgive a child who is afraid of the dark; the real tragedy of life is when men are afraid of the light.” – Plato
124. “The sun shines on everybody. You’ve got to keep believing.” – Dontrelle Willis
125. “Instead of cursing the darkness, light a candle.” – Benjamin Franklin
126. “From within or from behind, a light shines through us upon things, and makes us aware that we are nothing, but the light is all.” – Ralph Waldo Emerson
127. “Hope is being able to see that there is light despite all of the darkness.” – Desmond Tutu
128. “The light shines in the darkness, and the darkness has not overcome it.” – Bible
129. “Your path is illuminated by the light, yet darkness lets the stars shine bright.” – J.L.W. Brooks
130. “When the sun is shining I can do anything; no mountain is too high, no trouble too difficult to overcome.” – Wilma Rudolph
131. “I will love the light for it shows me the way. Yet I will endure the darkness for it shows me the stars.” – Og Mandino
132. “Walking with a friend in the dark is better than walking alone in the light.” – Helen Keller
133. ”Light thinks it travels faster than anything but it is wrong. No matter how fast light travels, it finds the darkness has always got there first, and is waiting for it.” – Terry Pratchett
134. “Look at how a single candle can both defy and define the darkness.” – Anne Frank
135. “Someone I loved once gave me a box full of darkness. It took me years to understand that this too, was a gift.” – Mary Oliver
136. “One idea lights a thousand candles.” – Ralph Waldo Emerson
More Sayings About Light by Unknown
137. “The light of friendship can brighten even the gloomiest of days.”
138. “A single candle can light up a room and illuminate the beauty around us.”
139. “Light is a symbol of hope that can guide us through the stormiest of seas.”
140. “The flame of a candle can symbolize the light of hope that burns within us.”
141. “Being a light in the world is about lifting others up, helping them to see the beauty and potential within themselves.”
142. “The darkness cannot hide from the light, for it will always reveal the way forward.”
143. “Being a light in the world means shining bright enough to guide others through their darkness.”
144. “In the darkest of times, the light of our humanity shines brightest.”
145. “A single ray of light can brighten the darkest of days.”
146. “The light of acceptance can bring peace and harmony to a world divided by differences.”
147. “Darkness cannot extinguish the light within us.”
148. “Candlelight can bring a sense of togetherness and community to our lives.”
149. “The light of empathy can bring warmth and understanding to a cold and distant world.”
150. “The brightest stars shine even in the darkest skies.”
151. “We can all be a light in the world, no matter how small our actions may seem.”
152. “Being a light in the world means inspiring others to shine their own light.”
153. “Candlelight has a way of creating an intimate and romantic atmosphere.”
154. “The light we shine in the world can help us to connect with others on a deeper level.”
155. “Even the tiniest glimmer of light can give us the courage to face the darkest of times.”
156. “The light of creativity can spark the flame of inspiration within us.”
157. “The flicker of a candle is a reminder that even in the darkest of times, there is still hope.”
158. “The light of truth can never be hidden in the darkness of lies.”
159. “The soft glow of candlelight can reveal the beauty in even the simplest of things.”
160. “The light we shine in the world can ignite the flames of change and transformation.”
161. “Being a light in the world means being a source of inspiration and motivation for others.”
How can reading light quotes be beneficial?
Reading quotes about light can be beneficial in several ways:
- Inspiration: Light is often associated with hope, positivity, and enlightenment. Reading quotes about light can inspire you to stay positive, find hope in difficult situations, and strive for greater understanding and knowledge.
- Perspective: Quotes about light often explore different aspects of this fundamental force, from its physical properties to its metaphorical meanings. Reading these quotes can broaden your perspective and help you see the world in a new light.
- Reflection: Many light quotes are thought-provoking and encourage introspection. Reading these quotes can help you reflect on your own life and experiences, and gain insights that can lead to personal growth.
- Emotional uplift: Light is often associated with joy, happiness, and beauty. Reading quotes about light can evoke positive emotions and uplift your mood, providing a much-needed break from the stresses of daily life.
Light quotes can be a great source of inspiration and motivation to help you stay positive and focused in your daily life.
Here are some ways to implement light quotes into your daily routine:
- Start your day with a quote: Choose a quote that resonates with you and make it a part of your morning routine. Write it down or save it on your phone, and read it every morning to help you start your day with a positive mindset.
- Use quotes as affirmations: Take a quote that inspires you and turn it into an affirmation. Repeat the affirmation throughout the day, especially when you need a reminder to stay positive and motivated.
- Display quotes around you: Print out or write down your favorite quotes and display them in places where you spend a lot of time, such as your workspace or bedroom. This can be a constant reminder to stay focused on your goals and stay positive.
- Share quotes with others: Share a quote that resonates with you with friends, family or co-workers. This can inspire and motivate others to adopt a positive attitude towards life.
- Reflect on quotes: Take some time to reflect on the meaning of a quote and how it applies to your life. Journaling can be a great way to reflect and help you stay mindful of the messages behind the quotes.
Frequently Asked Questions
What are light quotes?
Light quotes are short, inspiring and motivational sayings that are meant to uplift and encourage people.
They often contain positive messages about life, love, happiness, success, and personal growth.
These quotes are usually easy to remember and can be shared with others to spread positivity and inspiration.
How can light quotes help improve my daily life?
Light quotes can help improve your daily life in many ways.
They can help you develop a more positive and optimistic outlook, provide you with inspiration and motivation to pursue your goals, and help you stay focused on the things that matter most to you.
Reading or repeating light quotes can also help you reduce stress and anxiety, and improve your overall mental and emotional well-being.
Where can I find light quotes?
Light quotes can be found in many places, such as books, websites, social media, and even on posters or art prints.
You can also create your own light quotes by reflecting on your experiences and insights and writing down short, meaningful statements that inspire you.
Additionally, you can ask friends or family members for their favorite light quotes and start a collection of your own.
Continue Reading ????: 180 Beautiful Kindness Quotes To Bring Happiness To You And Help You Spread It To Others
- Stromatolites Meanings, Healing Properties and Uses - October 7, 2023
- Green Jade Meanings, Healing Properties and Uses - October 3, 2023
- 125 Powerful Manifesting Affirmations To Achieve Your Dreams - September 21, 2023