The blue jay is a loyal and clever bird that represents courage, protection, faithfulness, confidence, solidarity, intelligence, and curiosity. With so much meaning behind these little birds, it is hard to fully understand what they could mean for you and your spiritual journey.
In this article, we are going to look at the meanings behind the blue jay, from power animals to symbolism and much more. So, without further ado, let us begin with what the blue jay means as a spirit animal.
Blue Jay Spirit Animal Meaning
The blue jay will appear in your life when you need to tap your inner potential. Things like imagination and joy follow these little birds, both of which will aid you in beginning new journeys of your life.
The blue jay is a patient spirit animal and will stay by your side until they are no longer required. They protect you from negative energy all around you and make sure that they do not upset any journey you are on.
They will help you to utilize your resourceful nature and turn it into a tool you can use to further your journey through life.
Blue jays will help you tap that inner potential to communicate effectively and to speak your truth. Words have power, and you should speak the truth without fear.
Blue Jay Totem Animal Meaning
A totem animal is one particular creature that has been with you throughout your life, they are one you feel a deep connection with. This animal guides you through your life.
The blue jay is a symbol of power and aggression, especially when it comes to protecting their homes. Because of this part of the blue jay, we can call on their power when we are being pushed around and need to establish boundaries or speak a truth that needs to be heard.
When you feel the need to speak for the greater good, you can call on the blue jay to give you the confidence to be able to do so. When you need to address a problem and let people know what is and is not right, the blue jay will be at your side and help you do so.
Blue Jay Power Animal Meaning
The blue jay is a powerful animal to call upon when you need its strength. They are confident and talkative creatures, which allow us to channel their strengths to get through life.
When you are feeling shy or do not know how to speak your truth, the blue jay will help you know what to say and how to express yourself to get the best results.
Not only do they show us when we need to speak and give us that confidence, but the blue jay also shows us when we need to be silent and listen. Allowing us to communicate better and gain confidence and respect in our social circles.
The blue jay is enthusiastic and energetic, so if you have a desire you have been unable to bring to fruition, the blue jay will give you the energy to go for it.
They light a fire under your passions and desires, so you can get out there and achieve whatever it is your heart desires. So, with the empowering of the blue jay, you can have the confidence and drive to go on that adventure or begin that project you have been putting off.
The Meaning of Blue Jay in Dreams
The blue jay is a small but important bird that can have a lot of different meanings. They often tell us how to be creative, especially when we are in unfamiliar situations.
This can be in a new situation or even in times of danger, these birds show us how to be creative, so we can save ourselves. But, what does it mean when we dream about blue jays?
Well, the blue jay can mean that you might be talking the talk but not walking the walk. They might be trying to show you that your actions need to reflect your words.
In addition to that, a dream about a blue jay might mean that you need to speak your mind more. They might be telling you that you need to speak up, even when you are hesitating. Sometimes not speaking up about something can be just as bad as saying something that is not correct, this is why the blue jay tells us we need to speak up more.
The final general meaning of blue jays in dreams could mean that you are a curious person, you like to see what is happening around you and learn about them. You are generally curious, but the blue jay can also be a sign of warning that your curiosity might lead to unhappiness.
These are a few of the general meanings of the blue jay in dreams, the detailed descriptions of what your blue jay could mean based on what they are doing are very much more fascinating. So, let us take a look and see what our small friend the blue jay has to say to us:
- Just One Blue Jay: This is often a sign that you need to watch out who is around you, a dream about one blue jay is often a sign that someone might be attempting to backstab you. So, you should be extra cautious of the people around you and do not trust everyone blindly.
- A Couple of Blue Jays: If you see two blue jays flying or perched together, it can be a sign of marriage or a sign that a new relationship is on the horizon. You should be yourself and, the blue jay shows us that we need to find a lover that accepts us for who we are and not anything more or less. Blue jays are loyal to a single mate, and this is part of their message to us, especially when we see a couple of them in our dreams.
- Many Blue Jays: If you see a flock of blue jays, it might mean that something bad will happen in the near future. It might be an accident, an illness, or the end of a long-term relationship. You will need to control your emotions and take things in your stride, even in the face of such terrible luck.
- A Flying Blue Jay: A lone blue jay perched or flying in the sky can mean that we need to face our demons alone and fight our own battles. They are not trusting of others and pick one mate for life. The blue jay can show us that we need to be careful of whom we trust, they show us that we need to trust in ourselves and our abilities.
- A Staring Blue Jay: A blue jay staring straight at you is a sign of curiosity or a sign that you often judge people quickly. This can be a good thing and a bad thing, you protect yourself and also do not give people a chance. This dream tells us to trust those that we know mean well, but also be aware of whom to trust.
- A Singing Blue Jay: Hearing a blue jay sing is a good sign, it can mean that good luck and good things are sure to happen. For example, it could mean that you will meet someone perfect for you or start an amazing new journey. You just need to look out for being overconfident, so enjoy your good fortune but do not let it go to your head.
- A Blue Jay Sitting in a Tree: If you dream about a blue jay sitting in a tree, it is often a sign that you need to think before you speak. Consider what your words could mean for yourself or those around you, and do not only talk about achieving, let your actions speak for themselves.
- A Blue Jay Hiding Food: If you see a blue jay that is hiding food in your dream, it might be a sign that you need to discover your true potential. You need to find a way to prove yourself so that you can realize your abilities.
- A Blue Jay Imitating: A blue jay imitating sounds can be a sign of warning. It can mean that a part of you is threatening your life and may cause future unhappiness. On the other hand, it might mean that someone in your life is planning to cause you trouble. So, keep an eye out for anything fishy.
- A Blue Jay Laying an Egg: Blue jays are typically happy when laying eggs and raising their chicks. If you dream about seeing a blue jay laying eggs, it might mean that you have happiness on the horizon. This is most likely to do with a life partner that will appear soon.
- An Alarmed Blue Jay: An agitated or alarmed blue jay can be a sign that we are being arrogant. You may have allowed your head to grow large in light of big achievements in your life. This blue jay might be telling us that we need to hold back on boasting. Try to keep the conversation away from your topics and let whoever you are talking to bring it up, or do not talk about that subject at all.
- A Blue Jay Chasing You: If a blue jay is chasing you but not attacking is usually a good sign. It is trying to tell you that you need to speak your mind more openly and specifically in public. They can be a way of telling us that, regardless of hurting other people or yourself, you should speak your mind and clear your conscience.
- Attacked by a Blue Jay: Blue jays are not aggressive creatures and do not attack frequently. They typically only attack when they are threatened, even then, this is most likely to happen when their nest is being invaded or their food is threatened. So, seeing a blue jay attacking you in your dreams might mean that one of your friends is threatened, and talking to them might resolve this issue.
The important thing to remember about dreams is that they are deeply personal to you. So even if you see a blue jay that is attacking you, it might have a different meaning to the one here.
But, it may have some other symbolic meaning in your own life, so take a look at yourself and the life you have built and see where your dream might fit.
The Meaning of Blue Jay in Tattoos
Blue jays are beautiful, clever, and sociable birds. They are excellent communicators and are known to mock other birds with their imitations. In fact, they have been known to mimic humans and predators alike in an attempt to scare them away.
They are often symbolic of purity and truth, this is often because of the blue colors of their feathers.
Some things that blue jays are symbolic of are as follows:
- Social Skills
There are countless positive meanings we can assign to these beautiful little birds, but the most important thing is to give our bluebird a meaning all its own. Your tattoo should reflect what you want it to.
The Meaning of Blue Jay in Astrology and the Zodiac
While there is not particularly a zodiac for the blue jay, it may fall under the primal zodiac under the category of ‘Birds-of-Paradise’.
Those under this sign are adventurers who love to draw attention to themselves. They have a desire to live life to the fullest and make the most of their lot. This sign has the ability to realize their dreams, no matter how lofty. But, they can get lost because of the size of their lofty dreams.
They easily lose perspective and end up chasing the wrong things they need to and never get to their goal.
Those under the bird-of-paradise sign are very likable and have big personalities. Because of this, they draw people into them and are able to make them believe whatever they want.
That being said those under this sign are not manipulators, they are honest to a fault even to the point that they can be seen as offensive and blunt.
When it comes to relationships and friendships, those under the bird-of-paradise sign can either be loved or hated. Because of their big personalities, they may appear too friendly or confident, which can be an issue for other signs.
A more reserved sign might take the confidence of the bird-of-paradise as cockiness and not enjoy the big personalities of those signs. While a more outgoing sign will love the friendly and boisterous nature of the bird-of-paradise.
When love is on the scene, it is important for this sign to maintain balance. This can be tough for this high-flying bird. They like to date multiple people and have trouble settling down, which can make it hard for them to find a mate that will stay with them.
Finding that one person that perfectly suits them can be a big struggle but, when they find that perfect someone, there will be a perfectly harmonious couple with the bird-of-paradise.
When it comes to careers, this sign loves anything that will give them the attention they so desire. They are often actors, dancers, or musicians, which are perfect for the naturally talented bird-of-paradise. They will chase their dreams to the ends of the earth and develop along the way.
Bids-of-paradises are an excellent mix of hard-working, focused, and talented, so when they find something that they really want to do they are easily able to succeed when they put the effort in.
They have the tendency to be a little bossy and are honest to the point of bluntness, which can easily rub people the wrong way. But the bird-of-paradise means well.
The Symbolic and Spiritual Meaning of the Blue Jay
There are a lot of symbolic meanings associated with the blue jay, most of them align with the spiritual meaning of these little birds.
There are both good and bad associations with this bird and in this section, we are going to explore this and discover exactly the meaning we have given to this little bird.
- Loyalty: These birds usually mate for life and stay loyal to a single partner, which is why they are often symbolic of loyalty. Especially when a lover is concerned.
- Trickster: These birds are mimics, they copy the sounds of various birds, both friend, and foe, using that skill to trick their enemies. Because of this craft and tricky ability, these birds are often associated with being trickster spirits.
- Intuition: These birds are masters at judging situations and have a keen intuition when it comes to decision-making. That is why they are often associated with intuition in both a symbolic and spiritual sense.
- Awareness: Blue jays are always alert and aware of their surroundings, which is why they are often seen as symbolic of this trait.
- Protector: Blue jays are extremely protective when it comes to taking care of their homes and family. Because of this natural trait, they are seen as symbolic of protecting, both in a symbolic sense and a spiritual one.
- Strength of Character: Blue jays are confident and communicative birds, which is why they are seen as spirits that can imbue you with their ability to speak truthfully and confidently. They show their strength by communicating their truth.
That is all for this article, we hope that you have learned a great deal about the blue jay and its connection to your spiritual journey. There is a lot we can learn from these birds and even more that they can tell us which will better our lives.
So, when you see a blue jay out on your next walk or in your dreams, make sure to pay attention. Because they might have a message for you that you need to take on to improve your life.
- Dog: Spiritual Meaning, Dream Meaning, Symbolism, and More - January 27, 2022
- Gecko: Spiritual Meaning, Dream Meaning, Symbolism & More - January 27, 2022
- Sloth: Spiritual Meaning, Dream Meaning, Symbolism & More - January 27, 2022